Author Topic: Dexter Series 6 now 7 too (PLEASE use spoiler tags). Season 7 now on in US  (Read 34124 times)

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
Re: Dexter Series 6 (PLEASE use spoiler tags)
« Reply #280 on: December 14, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »
Great season so far! Although it's going to be hard to top season 4

Spoiler
One thing I'm confused about to add to the discussion of Kellar and inconsistencies. The girl that was captured, then set free, mentioned there were two voices when she was blindfolded. She said one of them kept referring to the other as the professor, and he seemed to be the leader of the two. Did I miss something?
[close]

Spoiler
I don't think she actually said there were two voices, just that there seemed to be two people. I remember seeing a post on reddit clearing this point up, the writers worded it very carefully.

Edit - heres the transcript from what she said:

One of them kept calling the other "Professor", but I didn't see either of them; I was blindfolded.

There were two of them?

The younger guy is the one who let me go; I sort of could tell that he was the weaker of the two. The younger guy said he kept calling me...

Holly, you're safe. What'd he call you?

"The Whore". They didn't touch me, except when they chained me, and the Professor, I think, would jam his knee behind my neck, and hold my head so that I couldn't close my mouth. And then he would pour this stuff into it, and the younger guy kept saying that he was sorry--so sorry for doing this to me.

What'd they make you drink?

It was cold, and it made me puke, and it tasted like metal. I think it was blood.

[close]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:44:39 pm by kirzer »

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #281 on: December 14, 2011, 03:07:44 pm »
A few discrepancies.

Spoiler
Dexter made the 911 call from his own phone and no one bothered tracking it down? Not to mention he used his normal voice and all 911/999 calls are logged.

Also, wouldn't he be worried that the police would check Travis's phone, and see the video message, if they caught him or searched where he was hiding?
[close]

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: December 14, 2011, 03:46:08 pm »
A few discrepancies.

Spoiler
Dexter made the 911 call from his own phone and no one bothered tracking it down? Not to mention he used his normal voice and all 911/999 calls are logged.

Also, wouldn't he be worried that the police would check Travis's phone, and see the video message, if they caught him or searched where he was hiding?
[close]

Spoiler
I pointed that out to my mate while we were watching it, it was a bit stupid. Especially considering he works for homicide lol It would of been a tiny bit believable if maybe he were calling another department. If it had any realism at all deb would of heard that & been like.......urggh, dexter? But on saying that Dexter has never been particularly believable
[close]
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: December 14, 2011, 06:48:23 pm »
Spoiler
I'm sure it would be an untraceable phone.  It is Dexter...The serial killer after all.  He's pretty clued up isn't he?

Anyway fuck off Deb, stop thinking of dexters cock and get your mitts around your counciller lady
[close]

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #284 on: December 14, 2011, 06:50:22 pm »
This is getting to be like Prison Break for me. So many plot holes, I'm just watching because of how good it was.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #285 on: December 14, 2011, 09:24:35 pm »
Spoiler
I really don't like the turn this series has taken.Actually after the magnificent 4th season.It's just not the same.Dexter has turned into some mix of Rambo and Flash or something lately.The bad guys are not great anymore(quite the opposite actually) and for me they could have used much better James Olmos and the whole religion thing.It feels like a rehash of what we have seen in the past and certainly not something refreshing.Finally Dexter doesn't feel like Dexter(his blood thirst,his concerns about if he is a freak of nature,if he has any kind of feelings etc).Since his wife died,there was no character development of his at all and i kinda expected that.It's a shame because this season started really well.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:38:22 pm by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: December 14, 2011, 10:09:38 pm »

We all have our opinions on the show but I think Ill wait till the Season Finale to give mine...
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 14, 2011, 10:18:19 pm »
I find myself really enjoying the episodes while watching them but then days after going "What the fuck?" at the sheer fucking sloppiness of the show this season. It's still enjoyable no doubt and I can't wait for the next episode but it still so ridiculously annoying seeing the writer's seemingly no longer giving as much of a fuck.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: December 14, 2011, 10:46:25 pm »
Reminds me of Californication a little bit & True blood to a certain extent. All 3 great shows but I think the writers for all of them kinda found themselves lacking for ideas & it all got a bit silly. I'll continue to watch all of them but they're not what they were that's for sure.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: December 14, 2011, 11:14:05 pm »
Spoiler
I don't think she actually said there were two voices, just that there seemed to be two people. I remember seeing a post on reddit clearing this point up, the writers worded it very carefully.

Edit - heres the transcript from what she said:

One of them kept calling the other "Professor", but I didn't see either of them; I was blindfolded.

There were two of them?

The younger guy is the one who let me go; I sort of could tell that he was the weaker of the two. The younger guy said he kept calling me...

Holly, you're safe. What'd he call you?

"The Whore". They didn't touch me, except when they chained me, and the Professor, I think, would jam his knee behind my neck, and hold my head so that I couldn't close my mouth. And then he would pour this stuff into it, and the younger guy kept saying that he was sorry--so sorry for doing this to me.

What'd they make you drink?

It was cold, and it made me puke, and it tasted like metal. I think it was blood.

[close]

Thanks. That makes sense

I wish I could just enjoy the show for what it is and stop analyzing it so much, but I agree that there are many little holes in the plot that go unnoticed. A few more from this season:

Spoiler
Opening scene to the season. Dexter kills two paramedics because apparently they harvest organs. So many things wrong with this. An ambulance is the only vehicle that shows up to a suspected stabbing? How did he know they would be the first to respond, and it was even them in the first place? Did the hospital just brush off that two of their paramedics went missing after reporting to a stabbing, find their ambulance and take it back to the hospital with no further questions?

Also, don't remember if this was the 1st or 2nd episode, but Dexter steals the girl's phone who just finished "orally pleasing" him to send a message to the guy he wants to kill. How did he get the phone back to her? I will go ahead and assume he deleted the text to the guy, but she was heading back to the reunion party where the guy was. What if they passed each other on his way to underneath the bleachers?
[close]
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Elysian Fields

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #290 on: December 14, 2011, 11:56:44 pm »
The Vocal Loyalist:

Except that everyone agrees with me.

If you don't think this season has gone down the tubes compared to previous seasons, that the plotting/writing has become lazy and sloppy, and doesn't make any sense, then you're in denial.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2011, 01:43:15 pm »
Except that everyone agrees with me.

If you don't think this season has gone down the tubes compared to previous seasons, that the plotting/writing has become lazy and sloppy, and doesn't make any sense, then you're in denial.

No, it's more your response to every thread about most shows. :wave
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #292 on: December 16, 2011, 06:07:02 am »
No, it's more your response to every thread about most shows. :wave

Don't feed the troll

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 19, 2011, 04:13:22 am »
do not read until you've seen the finale

Spoiler
Deb is such an unlucky cow
[close]
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #294 on: December 19, 2011, 06:19:37 am »
This show has fallen off a huge cliff. They need to replace every maor character apart from Deb and Dexter.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #295 on: December 19, 2011, 06:21:51 am »
Oh my shit, fantastic finale. Fuck.

Haters seriously need to jump off a cliff also.

Can not fucking wait for next season.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:24:07 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: December 19, 2011, 07:30:02 am »
I fucking hate Deb with a passion.

Dexter is a boss.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #297 on: December 19, 2011, 07:31:24 am »
kin hell....download is taking for ever
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #298 on: December 19, 2011, 09:56:09 am »
At first, I though the series finale was a bit :undecide:

Do not read unless you have seen it

Spoiler
Until the ending. So glad they didn't swerve the Deb/Dex thing though, she found out :cool:

As for the whole series, there was a few plot holes/or conveniences. Dex finding the crime scene, no one been in, and he can hammer the paintings face. The boat that finds him at the start, and he has to kill someone, seemed a bit random. The hand, unless I am missing something, how did Travis get the hand that was delivered to Dexter? Which leads me onto Louis of course. Something is building up there, for sure, but we just don't know what. I guess the whole "OMG my brother is a killer" reveal is big enough for one series finale
[close]

All in all, it was a good season. Some great moments, some slow/misplaced ones. The show is working to an end now and (again don't read unless you have seen the episode)
Spoiler
The big reveal adds a whole new dynamic to the Deb/Dexter story, and everyone else in Miami Homicide. I bet the next season is ages away, isn't it!
[close]

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #299 on: December 19, 2011, 10:16:09 am »
women are just fucking annoying....even in Dexter

Spoiler
Deb, you fucking crazy eye woman
[close]

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #300 on: December 19, 2011, 11:33:17 am »
women are just fucking annoying....even in Dexter

Spoiler
Deb, you fucking crazy eye woman
[close]

Spoiler
I don't think Deb does "love" him, I think she thinks she does. And it was a good way for her to go and find him, she knew where he would be, I kind of knew it was coming, but the tension was all there. The next season has to carry on right from that moment, and I don't want to wait like 9 months to find out! Will it be back same time next year anyone know?
[close]

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 19, 2011, 01:13:11 pm »
meh

the last 10 seconds were good though.

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #302 on: December 19, 2011, 02:29:22 pm »
Enjoyed that season myself, of course not as good as 1, 2 or 4 but still better than most stuff on TV. The ending is just what the series needed as well.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: December 19, 2011, 03:22:38 pm »
Spoiler
FINALLY!
[close]
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: December 19, 2011, 03:28:14 pm »
Spoiler
I remember telling a mate way back in the season when Deb realised how important Dexter is to her (before this whole "I love him" bullshit in recent episodes) that I reckon she'll kill herself when she finds out because Dexter was the last stable safe thing in her life and now that's gone too. I dunno if she'll actually do it now though, I was thinking she'd find out at the end of next season. There's no way they're killing Deb off with 2 seasons left.

Us knowing there's 2 seasons left pretty much confirms she'll be okay with it and there will be no chase for Dexter.
[close]
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline louise0411

• Anny Roader
« Reply #305 on: December 19, 2011, 04:20:06 pm »

Spoiler
I thought that was a fantastic finale, the last 10 seconds, OMG. Such a good ending.
[close]

I don't get how people haven't liked this season, it's been so good. Maybe some holes in the plot but that's just thinking about it too much. I think it has been great, better than season 5 definitely.
www.twitter.com/louise0411

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez runs down the wing for me.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: December 19, 2011, 04:26:16 pm »
Oh man.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #307 on: December 19, 2011, 05:11:24 pm »
meh

the last 10 seconds were good though.

Yep.

Offline Elysian Fields

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #308 on: December 19, 2011, 11:10:24 pm »
All the writers of Season 6 - who clearly at NOT the same ones as the previous seasons - need to be sacked.

This is just ridiculous.

Spoiler
Since when does Dexter run around in broad daylight with loads of people watching just chopping baddies like Wesley Snipes in Blade?
[close]

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #309 on: December 19, 2011, 11:23:55 pm »
I really hate how:

Spoiler
Deb finding out has been a fear for years, right back to when the file that links Dexter and Brian together was on top of a stack she was using to research her father. It's been the big plotline for a long time, even up til last year when she let him off without finding out who he was when he was killing Jordan Chase and company. And then this year it's gone "I want to fuck my brother... OH SHIT". All that potential build to a potentially huge moment and it's a fucking season ending cheap shock value cliff hanger. Such a waste.
[close]
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #310 on: December 19, 2011, 11:40:44 pm »
All the writers of Season 6 - who clearly at NOT the same ones as the previous seasons - need to be sacked.

This is just ridiculous.

Spoiler
Since when does Dexter run around in broad daylight with loads of people watching just chopping baddies like Wesley Snipes in Blade?
[close]

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

On top of that there's:
Spoiler
Everyone conveniently waiting for Dexter before checking out the crime scene with his face as the beast, and of course letting him destroy it without hearing or seeing him do it.

Also no one seen Travis, a wanted criminal, walk down the street in the middle of the day with Harrison. Again, convenient.
[close]

There's always been plot holes but they're beyond ridiculous now.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #311 on: December 20, 2011, 12:00:36 am »

This is just ridiculous.

Spoiler
[close]

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Fuck me, how about you just fuck off? Seriously, what the absolute fuck is the point in your miserable existence? From thread to thread pissing and moaning about absolutely every fucking series others are enjoying. You're THE most feckless fucking troll on these forums by far.

We get it. You like nothing. So stop watching the fucking things and just shut the fuck up for once.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Elysian Fields

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #312 on: December 20, 2011, 12:04:37 am »
It just gets worse. This is the most UTTERLY, UTTERLY, RIDICULOUS PLOT TWIST EVER.

It's worse than a 10 year old using his Playstation to control the writers.

STUPID BEYOND BELIEF.

Spoiler
The Debs / Sigmund Feud plot twist where Debs admits to the shrink that she's actually she's IN LOVE with Dexter
[close]

Has seriously 'jumped the shark'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

The only way they can save this series now is for Dexter to wake up in S7E01 Bobby Ewing style and realise all of Season 6 was just a dream.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:22:46 am by Elysian Fields »

Offline Elysian Fields

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #313 on: December 20, 2011, 12:10:04 am »
On top of that there's:
Spoiler
Everyone conveniently waiting for Dexter before checking out the crime scene with his face as the beast, and of course letting him destroy it without hearing or seeing him do it.

Also no one seen Travis, a wanted criminal, walk down the street in the middle of the day with Harrison. Again, convenient.
[close]

There's always been plot holes but they're beyond ridiculous now.

EXACTLY!

It's just crazy (and not in a good way).

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: December 20, 2011, 01:39:15 am »
:lmao

I love how Elysian Fields just completely ignored Dr M.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Broken Accidental Stars

• Kopite
  • Gedites know who le vrai Roi is
« Reply #315 on: December 20, 2011, 09:25:38 am »
Fuck me, how about you just fuck off? Seriously, what the absolute fuck is the point in your miserable existence? From thread to thread pissing and moaning about absolutely every fucking series others are enjoying. You're THE most feckless fucking troll on these forums by far.

We get it. You like nothing. So stop watching the fucking things and just shut the fuck up for once.

Not much wrong with what he said there. What happened to the ingenious, meticulous Dexter who lurked in the shadows, didn't let his enemies catch him off guard (instead of learning from his mistakes with Trinity, he acted 10 times more stupidly with Travis and nearly paid for it several times), and almost never gave anyone the opportunity to see his face publically in a compromising position by doing something as idiotic as drowning a man on the beach, sending a video of himself to a serial killer, skulking around in broad daylight with needle in hand, or
Spoiler
setting up a kill room at a recent crime scene.
[close]
The supporting cast on this show was always average at best, and now the most compelling part of the show, watching Dexter be the macabre genius that he is (was), is pretty much gone.
"Inspirational quote on perseverance, unfinished business, and fighting the good fight."
- Gérard Houllier

The ship has been steadied, le retour du Roi est bientôt arrivé.
Hic iacet Gérard Houllier, rex quondam, rexque futurus.

Offline NA_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: December 20, 2011, 08:05:07 pm »
Not the best of seasons admittedly but WOW. That was not expected, amazing cliffhanger.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 20, 2011, 08:20:40 pm »
Well, it's par for the course. Anyone expecting the quality of any show to be consistent is misguided and really hasn't learned much of a lesson through experience of watching good TV shows. They all dip at one stage, and it's usually towards the end when you can tell the writers just rush stuff to tie it all off for a grand finale. Dexter is no different. You can sit and nitpick stuff all day, but it was still entertaining to watch. I spotted the drop in quality about 4 episodes into this season, but I still continued to watch it because at the end of the day, it's all about the overall story and not one season. If Dexter continued on being the meticulous and flawless killer he was, then how the fuck could he ever get eventually found out, which is something that just has to happen eventually.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:22:24 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Elysian Fields

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #318 on: December 20, 2011, 09:27:16 pm »
If Dexter continued on being the meticulous and flawless killer he was, then how the fuck could he ever get eventually found out, which is something that just has to happen eventually.

Well, if he continued to be a meticulous and flawless killer he wouldn't be found out....If he's found out, then the entire premise of the show would end.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 20, 2011, 11:42:25 pm »
Well, if he continued to be a meticulous and flawless killer he wouldn't be found out....If he's found out, then the entire premise of the show would end.
That is the point. It has to end. He has to make mistakes to get caught.