Author Topic: Tottenham 0 V Liverpool 3 (Full Time)  (Read 71796 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: Tottenham 0 V Liverpool 3 (Full Time)
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2014, 03:34:27 pm »
We are gonna be boss.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2014, 03:34:45 pm »

:lmao
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Tom18

• Kopite
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2014, 03:34:58 pm »
Said We'd win this 3-0 in the pre-match thread!

Moreno was very good I thought, and has atoned for the mistake against City in my book. What a run and finish.

Offline wellred99

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:18 pm »

More to the point I didn't think it changed the game.

Spurs had two glorious chances, the Mig save and the Adebayor chip. Beside that they did little to a confortable Liverpool. In contrast Liverpool could have scored 6 or 7 goals.

Don't think we really got out of 3rd gear today. I'm just happy with the result.

Oh and Lallana still to play. :/)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:19 pm »
Fans in being pissed off after a bad result and pleased after a good one shocker.
Being pissed off is all well and fair, but there was some right nonsense being spewed. We'd been written off for this game by some.

Offline wellred99

• Anny Roader
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:38 pm »

I'll just say it again, Moreno is fucking boss.

Roberto Carlos MK 2.

Offline stevenalonsa

• Legacy Fan
  • my d.o.b. 30.5.85 same as gerrard
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:43 pm »
Proud parents..gerrard and alonso...hahaha. 

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:46 pm »
The thing with those of you talking about Balotelli's workrate, is that Milan started their pre-season later than us, so even though Liverpool's pre-season conditioning isn't as exacting, he still has to catch up a bit to where the other players are. This international break will be great for him. When the players come back, providing we're lucky with injuries, everyone who was fit to play today should all be up to speed.

I wouldn't want to be Villa in 2 weeks.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:46 pm »
Penalty changed the game in our favour. Soft but i'll take it.

Great performance but still an obvious work in progress. Moreno goal was just fantastic and i loved his passion. Reminded me of Flanagans last season.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:04 pm »
Generally very good, but got turned a couple of times, but that happens with players like Adebayor.
Moer concered with his tendency to dive in and lose players, as well as his failure to keep teh line, wandering ahead of the other back 3 all the time. I actually felt Sahko did well to cover for his tendency to go walkabout, even if his distribution was poor.

Lovren to me looks like an all-or-nothing defender, who makes big impacts at times, but can be diddled too easily.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:09 pm »
I would say that I think Spurs have the bones of a good team and they did play midweek; it will eb a different ketle of fish for Liverpool when the CL group stages start. But the Spurs backline is chronic.

Only 1 player (and Lloris) started today from who played thursday

Offline Sweeney94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:09 pm »
Great win. I have a few minor criticisms but not a whole lot, we played very well for the vast majority of the game and dominated in all areas. Sterling and all of the back four very impressive.

Offline Redpross1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »
I said before the game 3-1 to Spuds because of our defence........ Sorry i apologise!!!! Luckily i am not manager!!!

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »
Really have an appreciation for our fullbacks.  Young, strong, energetic, quick and fearless.

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:41 pm »
3-0 that is all
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:49 pm »
Sakho just needs game time. He looks rusty and un-confident more than anything. We all know his passing game isn't the best, surely that is something that can improve under training and experience?

It was pretty obvious that Spurs knew he is weak in passing so they pressed him harder than Lovren. I thought he might have given away a goal a couple of times when he put Allen and Sterling under pressure with some bad passes, but thankfully Spurs were bad enough not to make something of those.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:53 pm »
Feels like last season. Wonderful performance that has only made me more pissed off about the International break.

So happy right now ;D

Offline MakeUsDream2005

• Kopite
  • We are Liverpool tra la la la la!
« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:54 pm »
FUCKING GET IN!!!!

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2014, 03:37:09 pm »
You've got to laugh at Sterling's fluffed chance after that run ,proper shite that was ;D
McManaman would be proud ;D

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2014, 03:37:17 pm »
Love how Spurs gave Moreno all that space in a ''oooooo go on then cross it in'' and instead he just hits a thunderbastard right in to the bottom corner. Lovely stuff.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2014, 03:37:27 pm »
Bossed that

3-0! Great result to take into international break

Onwards
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2014, 03:37:33 pm »
I thought it was a penalty, it was a soft one and Allen did go down easy, but Dier clearly stuck his arm out and grabbed the shirt, I think Allen is entitled to go down under those circumstances.

It was blatant stupidity from the defender.

Offline GerrardRock2

• Good for upset tummies.....
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I'm muted, not sure why? Allow in-match threads
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2014, 03:37:37 pm »
Markovich has shown a flash or two, think once he gets his feet underneath him he'll be immense. Can, is a beast. Moreno, probably the quickest feet on a left back we've seen in years. Someone said it, but Lovren looking very Hyppia-ish will sure up as he adapts. Cannot wait to see this team in full flight.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2014, 03:38:22 pm »

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2014, 03:38:50 pm »
Let me just remind you Sterling is 19. Fucking 19.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b8JlTIo--CQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b8JlTIo--CQ</a>
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:05 pm »
Fantastic overall team performance, aggression, tempo, attacking flair and a clean sheet!

Well done redmen!!

Offline Liver-Land

• Anny Roader
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:25 pm »

:wellin :scarf :wellin

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:26 pm »
I think Sakho is deceptive, his style looks clumsy. Still can't work out if he is or if its because of his size that it looks that way. He made a couple of terrible passes, but otherwise I think he did ok. Him and Lovren need to work out how they play together if that is to be our centre back pairing.
Lovren worried me when he went out wide right, diving in or being beaten to the ball. But other times put in some great tackles. There is great potential with the two of them, just needs some coaching I guess - get on it Brendan!

Going forward we were great, Sterling was fantastic and was impressed with Balotelli's work too. On another day he would have got a couple. Sturridge was a handful, think he had more space than the last couple of games.

Great win, looking forward to Villa, can't believe Roy has got Raheem for a week or two, Don't listen to him son!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:32 pm »
Moer concered with his tendency to dive in and lose players, as well as his failure to keep teh line, wandering ahead of the other back 3 all the time. I actually felt Sahko did well to cover for his tendency to go walkabout, even if his distribution was poor.

Lovren to me looks like an all-or-nothing defender, who makes big impacts at times, but can be diddled too easily.

It's called "compression".

If we have a pretence of playing a pressing game, then the back line has to move up with the ball.

It's no surprise that the one defender who played in a true pressing defence the last season and a half is the only one who compresses.

The issue will be either the rest of the defenders will have to play Lovren's way, or Lovren will have to adapt.

But it just confirms to me what I said in my first threads on this forum - Rodgers talks about "pressing", but what he means is "pressure", because we don't do the things a true "pressing" defence are supposed to do.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:37 pm »
Excellent response and back to looking like the Liverpool of last year. Balotelli actually made a big difference to our attacking play and team shape.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:38 pm »
Well that was easy.

We played well as a team and closed down very well. We had much more desire when we won the ball; Spurs had nothing to offer when they had the ball.

The only negative was that we gave away the ball too easily with Sakho being the biggest culpret.

What a super goal by Moreno though. He ran a total of 117 yards to get out of his box, win the ball and then carry on running.

Balotelli needs more game time but started off ok; he'll get better.
When we brought on the subs they all worked hard and in the end Spurs could do nothing but play sideways.

Well fought 3 points.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:43:34 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:47 pm »
McManaman would be proud ;D
Haha just like him.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:52 pm »
Excellent result, could be absolutely HUGE for our season like the 5-0 was last year.

Spurs have looked brilliant this season, and we beat them comfortably in their own ground, made them look toothless. Hoping the top 3 or 4 (including us) will push on from Spurs, United and Everton to leave them fighting for 5th.

Sakho great, Moreno excellent, Henderson and Allen worked their socks off, Manquillo brilliant and did what was needed, Sterling magical.

We tore them to shreds at times and Sturridge and balotelli aren't even at their best yet! Exciting times indeed.

Plus it's great to see our depth. Coutinho not even in the starting XI and we make 3 subs and he wasn't even one of them! Imagine that last season?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2014, 03:40:05 pm »

Offline 00jebus

• Kopite
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2014, 03:40:18 pm »
Good performance, good win. Don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said.

Travelling kop came through loud and clear for parts too, reasonably happy with that, though we need some songs for our newer players.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2014, 03:40:21 pm »
The thing with those of you talking about Balotelli's workrate, is that Milan started their pre-season later than us, so even though Liverpool's pre-season conditioning isn't as exacting, he still has to catch up a bit to where the other players are. This international break will be great for him. When the players come back, providing we're lucky with injuries, everyone who was fit to play today should all be up to speed.

I thought Balotelli was very clever. I don't want strikers haring after FBs, Rooney style. I want them up around the box, pinning down CBs, looking to spin off them and get in behind them, a la Sturridge and Balotelli. I thought he did well, helped the ball stick up top (a real problem V City) and created opportunities for other players around him.

At one point he casually held three players off, while standing still, then clipped a ball over the top for Sterling to run onto. If Sterling takes it first time, Sturridge is in 1 on 1. He takes a touch too many and the move braks down, but later in teh season he will nail that. It's the potential that's impressive.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline MerseyMania

• Defiled for fantasticism.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2014, 03:40:26 pm »
Nice game. Was very comfortable with our defense as the game progressed. Good win against a prospective top four contender away from home.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2014, 03:40:41 pm »
I thought it was a penalty, it was a soft one and Allen did go down easy, but Dier clearly stuck his arm out and grabbed the shirt, I think Allen is entitled to go down under those circumstances.

It was blatant stupidity from the defender.

It was deliberate, he grabbed him, slowed his run. Definite pen. Soft but stupid from Dier.

Offline Owl

• Twit...just twit. No twoo.
  • Kopite
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2014, 03:41:01 pm »
Hey... heeeey riiseeee... whooo haaaa... I wanna know... etc.

Manquillio and moreno make a huge difference to how we play.

Balotelli will score goals once he gets his full match fitness, he had great chances today and was a threat inside the box.

Central defence still needs sorting out.

Overall a good game and we could have scored more.

Offline cynical get

• Main Stander
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2014, 03:41:22 pm »
Love how Spurs gave Moreno all that space in a ''oooooo go on then cross it in'' and instead he just hits a thunderbastard right in to the bottom corner. Lovely stuff.

LOL....a thunderbastard....ha ha
love it
I was there against St Etienne in 77, standing on an oil drum in the Paddock with me auld fella...roaring David Fairclough on. What a night.