Author Topic: Steven George Gerrard of Liverpool and no longer England  (Read 656098 times)

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
Re: Steven George Gerrard
« Reply #80 on: December 7, 2013, 05:08:05 pm »
So, RAWK gets its wish about having a Gerrardless midfield. It was not pretty.
:butt We were just fine when he was playing and we were just fine when he went off. Moses replacing Sterling was the biggest issue for our midfield today. Gerrard had a very good game, but he can't be expected to be playing games at this rate. He needs a break. I'd rather see him play every other game than play every game and run himself into the ground.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 7, 2013, 05:08:39 pm »
What? We were class before and after he went off. Allen getting forward when Lucas came on was playing some brilliant football along with Coutinho dropping back.

Right, I must have been imagining that period where it was all West Ham at 2-1 and we looked likely to concede a second.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: December 7, 2013, 05:13:39 pm »
Hope it's not too serious, still wildly irresponsible by him, Rodgers and the fitness staff to allow him to start all 3 games and not get the hook in at least one, with Norwich being the obvious choice.

Agree to be honest.  All 3 games at his age was a big ask.  Let's hope for good news on the injury.

Our midfield did get worse after he went off and we were in danger of losing control of the game.  I'm not sure whether that was the lack of gerrard or Lucas taking the DM position though..allen linked the defensive line to midfield extremely well and Lucas didn't really keep that going.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2013, 05:15:23 pm by Cid »

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 7, 2013, 05:15:21 pm »
Conspiracy theory; Gerrard isn't injured but wanted to come off because it was game over. Rodgers knew that Allardyce's feelings would get hurt if we hooked him in any other way. Thoughts?

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 7, 2013, 05:16:20 pm »
Hamstring strain according to Rodgers.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #85 on: December 7, 2013, 05:17:20 pm »
Completely lost it after he went off. Not immediately, but as soon as the game settled back down after that sub it was West Ham's until Johnson's absolutely unreal cross.

Really hope it's not too serious. Don't think the midfield is as good without him and perhaps even more importantly, his set pieces represent our best chance of a goal other than Suarez.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: December 7, 2013, 05:21:17 pm »
Completely lost it after he went off. Not immediately, but as soon as the game settled back down after that sub it was West Ham's until Johnson's absolutely unreal cross.

Really hope it's not too serious. Don't think the midfield is as good without him and perhaps even more importantly, his set pieces represent our best chance of a goal other than Suarez.

I think we lost our a way little after they scored but then we regained control and settled down but before that we didn't let them out their own half for about 10 mins.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 7, 2013, 05:21:56 pm »
Right, I must have been imagining that period where it was all West Ham at 2-1 and we looked likely to concede a second.

Yeah you probably were. They had a few jammy balls thrown into the box, get an own goal in their favour and we were back at it after a bit. They didn't look likely to get their second. We scored 2 goals after that as well. We kept the ball well created many chances and even a bit better in finishing, we'd have smashed another 4.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: December 7, 2013, 05:22:16 pm »
I don't think we lost it when he went off, we did OK but their silly goal stung confidence and where we missed him was in responding to that. You're gonna miss the captain in those situations. I think my query would be the way we set up after he went off, with Lucas as a 1 in front of Henderson and Allen. I'd rather see a 2-1 with Lucas/Allen, Coutinho in front and Hendo on the right. That was where we lost the run of it a bit, because Allen had been controlling the game where he was and it was more moving him that cost us for me.

Gerrard will be missed, for his great delivery but also he keeps things ticking over even when very quiet as he was in the first half today.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 7, 2013, 05:22:20 pm »

Lost it so much that they couldn't get out there own half till the silly own goal? and then we scored 2 more but hey, we lost it after all.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #90 on: December 7, 2013, 05:25:25 pm »
Did Rodgers put a time frame on it? That said, it's probably way too early I suppose. Hopefully he'll be back for Spurs but if not, the hectic Christmas period. He needs managing better, hopefully this is a bit of a wake-up call for Brendan and the staff.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 7, 2013, 05:29:02 pm »
Lost it so much that they couldn't get out there own half till the silly own goal? and then we scored 2 more but hey, we lost it after all.

How'd they score if they didn't get out of their own half?

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 7, 2013, 05:29:25 pm »
Did Rodgers put a time frame on it? That said, it's probably way too early I suppose. Hopefully he'll be back for Spurs but if not, the hectic Christmas period. He needs managing better, hopefully this is a bit of a wake-up call for Brendan and the staff.

Didn't look in to much pain going off so reckon he's felt it slightly and asked to come off so as not to risk it going completely.

Fingers crossed he's fit for next weekend.

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: December 7, 2013, 05:31:54 pm »

Yeah, that brief period was just as much due to West Ham getting a momentum boost after an own goal against the run of play but we retook control and saw out the game comfortably.

Offline Dakota

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: December 7, 2013, 05:33:26 pm »

Pretty sure we were playing against 10 men when the last one was scored too.
Thinking about crowdfunding a Save The Piano Movers! charitable association.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 7, 2013, 05:34:33 pm »
Hope his injury isn't too bad but that's what happens when your asked to play three games in a week against utter dross.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #96 on: December 7, 2013, 05:39:34 pm »
I'd be more worried if Coutinho went down instead of Gerrard in all honesty. A loss it is but I believe not a crucial one.
Still, we'll find out the extent of the injury soon, hopefully just a grade 1 pull. 
We all bleed RED!!

Offline LeoMessi

• More Beverley than Barcelona
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: December 7, 2013, 05:41:19 pm »
Should have never played 3 games in a week in the first place
FCB|LFC

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #98 on: December 7, 2013, 05:42:27 pm »

Shows how needless it was to play him 90 minutes on Wednesday. We need to allow ourselves to get used to Gerrard not being on the pitch.

This insistence on playing him 90 minutes in every game/reluctance to ever sub him or leave him out for any game needs to stop and by extension makes it more of a disruption when he does come off injured.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 7, 2013, 05:45:57 pm »
Shows how needless it was to play him 90 minutes on Wednesday. We need to allow ourselves to get used to Gerrard not being on the pitch.

This insistence on playing him 90 minutes in every game/reluctance to ever sub him or leave him out for any game needs to stop and by extension makes it more of a disruption when he does come off injured.

He has done well to stay fit these last 18 months considering his age and lack of rest. Wish he could have had this kind of injury record in his prime.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 7, 2013, 05:48:24 pm »

Completely agree. Poor management by Rodgers on Wednesday.

Even poorer management by Gerrard to take pain killing injections to play a silly friendly against Germany when he could have taken 2 weeks to rest all his niggles.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 7, 2013, 05:54:02 pm »
How'd they score if they didn't get out of their own half?
Guess you didn't read the post so eager to not give credit to rest of team. I said we pinned them back until the silly goal and then still went on to score another 2?

No doubting Gerrard was missed at times in second half but at same time he wasn't.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 7, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »
Completely agree. Poor management by Rodgers on Wednesday.

Even poorer management by Gerrard to take pain killing injections to play a silly friendly against Germany when he could have taken 2 weeks to rest all his niggles.

Hasn't he confirmed it wasn't a painkilling injection, but something he does every season?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 7, 2013, 06:03:25 pm »
Hamstring strain according to Rodgers.

could be couple of weeks that, or could be a few days, who knows
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 7, 2013, 06:06:16 pm »
Hasn't he confirmed it wasn't a painkilling injection, but something he does every season?

Did he? Didn't notice it if so. Could still have rested.

Hope he'll be fit next week. Whatever anyone says, he's a vital player, especially considering a big percentage of our goals are coming from his set pieces recently. Think I'm right in saying 9 goals have come from his set pieces this season.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #105 on: December 7, 2013, 06:09:07 pm »
Didn't look too bad as he was walking off. Hopefully it's just a minor strain.

YWNA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 7, 2013, 06:12:05 pm »
Did he? Didn't notice it if so. Could still have rested.

Hope he'll be fit next week. Whatever anyone says, he's a vital player, especially considering a big percentage of our goals are coming from his set pieces recently. Think I'm right in saying 9 goals have come from his set pieces this season.

Not to downplay his delivery which is excellent, but he does monopolise set pieces with the exception of free kicks for Suarez.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 7, 2013, 06:14:52 pm »
I'd be more worried if Coutinho went down instead of Gerrard in all honesty. A loss it is but I believe not a crucial one.
Still, we'll find out the extent of the injury soon, hopefully just a grade 1 pull.
We will miss his set pieces for sure. But this gives Allen/Alberto the chance to be recognised.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #108 on: December 7, 2013, 06:15:22 pm »
That was the first time that Stevie has really put his foot through the ball for a season and a half. Ironically I think that his propensity to side foot the ball nowadays is actually to protect his groin but either way his body won't allow him to hit those pile drivers anymore.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 7, 2013, 06:17:59 pm »
I'd take 1-1 if they can just hang on.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #110 on: December 7, 2013, 06:21:24 pm »
I don't think that an absence of Gerrard is going to be a problem because Allen or Henderson are capable of covering that.   

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 7, 2013, 06:25:01 pm »
Not to downplay his delivery which is excellent, but he does monopolise set pieces with the exception of free kicks for Suarez.
He lets Coutinho and Suarez both take a large amount of free kicks and corners, but you know who gives a shit if you can find another little niggling factor to bitch about when it comes to Stevie ey? Has what, 4 assists from free kicks? 5? But yeah, let's complain.

Offline Tommy Torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 7, 2013, 06:28:01 pm »
I don't think that an absence of Gerrard is going to be a problem because Allen or Henderson are capable of covering that.   

No they are not.
There's only one Sergio Torres

Offline GerrardRock2

• Good for upset tummies.....
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I'm muted, not sure why? Allow in-match threads
« Reply #113 on: December 7, 2013, 06:29:08 pm »
could be couple of weeks that, or could be a few days, who knows

Aye, let's hope it was a case that he felt a little twinge, decided to call his own number, and not proper snap or strain. Stevie's pulled himself off once or twice over the years in similar situations, hoping for the best. Some immense performances for  him this week. Walk On.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #114 on: December 7, 2013, 06:31:17 pm »

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #115 on: December 7, 2013, 06:40:08 pm »

Live text from the BBC

65:31 Goal scored

Goal! Own Goal by Martin Skrtel, Liverpool. Liverpool 2, West Ham United 1.
64:07

Attempt blocked. Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Jordan Henderson.
63:21

Attempt missed. Glen Johnson (Liverpool) right footed shot from the right side of the box misses to the left. Assisted by Raheem Sterling.
63:04

Attempt blocked. Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool) right footed shot from the left side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Joe Allen.
62:04

Corner, Liverpool. Conceded by Joey O'Brien.
62:00

Attempt saved. Raheem Sterling (Liverpool) left footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Joe Allen.
61:04

Attempt missed. Raheem Sterling (Liverpool) right footed shot from the centre of the box is high and wide to the right. Assisted by Jordan Henderson following a fast break.
60:19

Foul by Jon Flanagan (Liverpool).
60:19

Joe Cole (West Ham United) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
59:47

Attempt blocked. Jon Flanagan (Liverpool) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.
59:43

Attempt blocked. Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool) left footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked. Assisted by Martin Skrtel.
59:02

Corner, Liverpool. Conceded by Joey O'Brien.
57:42

Attempt saved. Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool) right footed shot from the left side of the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Mamadou Sakho.
55:59 Substitution

Substitution Substitution, West Ham United. Joey O'Brien replaces James Tomkins.
55:39 Substitution

Substitution Substitution, Liverpool. Lucas Leiva replaces Steven Gerrard because of an injury.

We dominated for me right up until their goal. A case of goals changing games.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 7, 2013, 06:40:29 pm »

So we've scored 9 goals from Gerrard set pieces.  Suarez is banging them in, or coming close, every match with free kicks around the box, and to top it off, Coutinho is taking corners (including one we scored from 3 days ago).

And you still feel the need to say Gerrard is 'monopolising' set pieces? 

Weird.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #117 on: December 7, 2013, 06:40:44 pm »
Yes, they are.

To an extent. But nobody in the league delivers a ball like Gerrard though, so if he is out for a few games, it's a massive loss.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #118 on: December 7, 2013, 06:41:47 pm »
Fcuk i blame Hodgson

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 7, 2013, 06:43:26 pm »
Anyway, he'll be a massive miss, but I'd be even more concerned if Allen didn't have such a good game today.  He is going to be important for us in Gerrard's absence, and good luck to him.