Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 148237 times)

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #1600 on: January 9, 2011, 06:41:12 pm »
Free the Babel one

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1601 on: January 9, 2011, 06:42:59 pm »
Kenny has already called the penalty a joke so I await the investigation into him as well

Fuck them. You can't ban players from games for something like this
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline MrDub

• Anny Roader
  • Bumber clot!
« Reply #1602 on: January 9, 2011, 06:43:12 pm »
nice one Ryan... starting to like you again  :D
"I always say the same thing. What is the difference between 4-3-3 and 4-5-1? Only whether you play the wingers deep or high. Then if you press the other team they will play deep, 4-5-1. And if you cannot press them because they are stronger than you, they'll play 4-3-3. People talk about systems, but maybe they don't know a lot about systems.

Offline ArgImAPirate

• Legacy Fan
  • rat a tat tat
« Reply #1603 on: January 9, 2011, 06:46:01 pm »
Well in Babel!

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #1604 on: January 9, 2011, 06:56:24 pm »
The old farts at the FA seriously need to get a life. I'm sure there'll be some loophole given that Babel didn't say this in a media interview or on an official website. It's just a personal opinion posted on his private albeit open access Twitter account. What people say or do in their private lives amongst friends, real or virtual, is just that. Private.

If he gets done for that then he may as tweet that Ferguson is nasty demented bullying hard shoulder shitting filthy old tramp and be done with it. May as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: January 9, 2011, 07:01:59 pm »
his right so what...?

Well he's half right, the penalty decision was wrong but the red card was dead right and that played just as big a part in our failure to win today.

Offline I am Spartacus

• No you're not...
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #1606 on: January 9, 2011, 07:11:07 pm »
Nice one Ryan.  I thought we lived in a free country, were we had freedom of speech.  Everyone knows Webb is a closet Man fan, he sent Masch off for moaning, but when Rooney swears and tells him to F off, he looks away. 

Webb is a Joke, a bent joke who is ruining the game.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: January 9, 2011, 07:16:01 pm »
He made a good run within minutes of coming on and made an improved account of himself but to be honest he should really have been given the ball far more than was. The opportunities to get him on the ball were wasted really. 1 by JJ, 1 by Raul and at least 2 by Dirk plus others.
Never mind.

Offline skrtl

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1608 on: January 9, 2011, 07:17:41 pm »
he'll get a fine, but the wrse thing will be that he'll be told not to tweet anymore

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: January 9, 2011, 07:18:38 pm »
he'll get a fine, but the wrse thing will be that he'll be told not to tweet anymore

He can do what the hell he likes online, can hardly stop him logging on to Twitter.

Offline skrtl

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1610 on: January 9, 2011, 07:20:46 pm »
Someone tell the FA that if they are gonna look into Babel posting a pic on twitter they might ant to consider using their resources more wisely and look into Howard Webbs record of refereeing our games aganinst the Mancs. The is upsidedown logic and hypocrisy

Or indeed any game involving the Mancs, but thats for a diff forum

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1611 on: January 9, 2011, 07:24:00 pm »
Why am I not surprised ?

Agreed its just a bit of light hearted fun from Babel but this Twittering is more trouble than  its worth.
Ban all players from it I say.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: January 9, 2011, 07:24:44 pm »
After kicking michael owen 2 foot up in the air then railing on webb on twitter, this has to go down as one of ryans better days in a liverpool shirt!

Loved seeing the little rat getting a kick.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1613 on: January 9, 2011, 07:24:52 pm »
Hoping Babel gets a start against Blackpool with Stevie out.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1614 on: January 9, 2011, 07:27:26 pm »
Ryan Babel
RyanBabel Ryan Babel
Sorry Howard Webb !
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Ryan Babel
RyanBabel Ryan Babel
My apology if they take my posted pic seriously. This is just a emotional reaction after losing an important game
3 minutes ago
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1615 on: January 9, 2011, 07:29:20 pm »
Ryan Babel
RyanBabel Ryan Babel
Sorry Howard Webb !
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Ryan Babel
RyanBabel Ryan Babel
My apology if they take my posted pic seriously. This is just a emotional reaction after losing an important game
3 minutes ago

Someone at the club gave him a call then.

Fuck it, I'm glad he posted it.

Offline ExcellentBulletproofVest

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1616 on: January 9, 2011, 07:30:08 pm »
Of course the FA are investigating him, this isn't a case of bias against Liverpool, or corruption of Webb.  Babel questioned the integrity of a referee, you simply can't do that as a player, it's bitter, and it brings the game into disrepute. 

If Webb really tries to help Manchester United, he doesn't do a very good job of it - this season in the Premier League at Old Trafford he made two decisions which directly lead to goals for Liverpool, in 2008 he sent Vidic off in a game Liverpool won against Manchester United early in the season.  Also, today, if he was biased he had several opportunities to award more penalties for United if he wanted to make sure they won, but he didn't, because he is an honest referee and he didn't think they were penalties.  That's not to say he's a good referee though.

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1617 on: January 9, 2011, 07:31:35 pm »
Of course the FA are investigating him, this isn't a case of bias against Liverpool, or corruption of Webb.  Babel questioned the integrity of a referee, you simply can't do that as a player, it's bitter, and it brings the game into disrepute. 

If Webb really tries to help Manchester United, he doesn't do a very good job of it - this season in the Premier League at Old Trafford he made two decisions which directly lead to goals for Liverpool, in 2008 he sent Vidic off in a game Liverpool won against Manchester United early in the season.  Also, today, if he was biased he had several opportunities to award more penalties for United if he wanted to make sure they won, but he didn't, because he is an honest referee and he didn't think they were penalties.  That's not to say he's a good referee though.

You seem to defend things to do with the Mancs an awful lot.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1618 on: January 9, 2011, 07:32:54 pm »
If I was the FA I would be more worried about his musical tastes than him posting a comedy but true picture of Webb.

They should look into Webb not Ryan.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1619 on: January 9, 2011, 07:33:09 pm »
Awesome seeing a pic of Howard Webb in a manc shirt all over the main page of the football section of the Guardian

Great work Ryan
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: January 9, 2011, 07:33:38 pm »

He could have awarded more penalties? He can't make it obvious that he's cheating- and what's the point of making it too obvious when the team you require to win are already 1-0 up and have a man advantage? As for Vidic being sent off at Anfield, he should have been sent off far earlier in the game for a 2nd yellow card. He's not an honest referee, he's clearly taking bribes, and when this all blows up and comes out in the media, as it did in Italy, there's going to be a few managers getting sent down.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: January 9, 2011, 07:35:40 pm »
You seem to defend things to do with the Mancs an awful lot.

Well maybe he's just not overly paranoid like a lot of heads in here. Like that 'clearly taking bribes' remark from smicer07. Yes clearly, clear as day, couldn't be more clear.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1622 on: January 9, 2011, 07:36:15 pm »
FA is the most corrupt football association in the planet.

Webb is one of the most corrupt and worst referees I have ever seen.

If they were Engalnd would have got the World Cup.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1623 on: January 9, 2011, 07:37:18 pm »
Well maybe he's just not overly paranoid like a lot of heads in here. Like that 'clearly taking bribes' remark from smicer07. Yes clearly, clear as day, couldn't be more clear.

He's a Manc mate, look at his previous posts.

But yeah you're right, just paranoia, of course, how could a ref be bent? In this day and age? Even if he isn't bent, he is a shit ref, because he gets most of the big decisions wrong.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: January 9, 2011, 07:38:45 pm »
He's not an honest referee, he's clearly taking bribes

The main criticism I'd have of Webb today was that he was miles behind the play for the penalty and made no effort to get closer. But at the angle he was at, I can understand him giving it. Gerrard's was a red card.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1625 on: January 9, 2011, 07:38:55 pm »
If they were Engalnd would have got the World Cup.

Not if Russia was even more corrupt....... but thats just fantasy really isnt it :)
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: January 9, 2011, 07:39:14 pm »
Think all lfc players will get banned from Twitter at this rate.

Well in though Ryan :D
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #1627 on: January 9, 2011, 07:39:18 pm »
Tell the FA to prove Webb's not a cheat

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #1628 on: January 9, 2011, 07:40:24 pm »

Webb brings the game in disrepute when he awarded a penalty to a blatant dive and an undeserved red card....Babel only displayed his reaction towards a bent ref on his twitter account, not bringing the game into disrepute.  You are getting confused with the facts 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #1629 on: January 9, 2011, 07:44:12 pm »
Awesome seeing a pic of Howard Webb in a manc shirt all over the main page of the football section of the Guardian

Great work Ryan

Paul Dalglish mentioned aswell

Superb
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: January 9, 2011, 07:45:05 pm »
He's a Manc mate, look at his previous posts.

But yeah you're right, just paranoia, of course, how could a ref be bent? In this day and age? Even if he isn't bent, he is a shit ref, because he gets most of the big decisions wrong.

Fair enough he's shit, and that pen was a shocking decision especially given that the linesman hadn't flagged it and was in a much better position. But there was fuck all wrong with the red card call. So if he's shit, he's shit but this bribe thing is fucking embarrassing. 'Clearly taking a bribe' me arse.

Offline ExcellentBulletproofVest

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1631 on: January 9, 2011, 07:46:05 pm »
He could have awarded more penalties? He can't make it obvious that he's cheating- and what's the point of making it too obvious when the team you require to win are already 1-0 up and have a man advantage? As for Vidic being sent off at Anfield, he should have been sent off far earlier in the game for a 2nd yellow card. He's not an honest referee, he's clearly taking bribes, and when this all blows up and comes out in the media, as it did in Italy, there's going to be a few managers getting sent down.

Er...he doesn't want to make it obvious?  According to you it is already evident that he is 'clearly taking bribes', so it must already be obvious.  If it's not obvious and clear, then what the fuck are you doing saying that he is corrupt?  You're vilifying because he's made some decisions which you disagree with and you're upset that you lost against Manchester United.    As for the Vidic red card at Anfield, I agree he should have gone earlier (he nearly killed Agger to get his first yellow card) but if Webb is only interested in helping United, surely he wouldn't have sent him off?  What's more, he would have given United a penalty, or made sure the game swung their way.  If a referee wants a particular team to win, he can make sure they do.

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #1632 on: January 9, 2011, 07:46:14 pm »
the lad is crap with his back to goal, well not crap but his touch can be a bit heskey-like at times, but play the ball in behind and he's dangerous. notice how ferguson immediately brought on smalling to deal with his pace. He's a massive threat and our quickest player by a mile.

Will play a big part for our run in as he offers something different. Kenny loves his fast inside forwards too.

His twitter is always funny, and it shows he cares. Time to shine

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: January 9, 2011, 07:46:16 pm »
Webb brings the game in disrepute when he awarded a penalty to a blatant dive and an undeserved red card....Babel only displayed his reaction towards a bent ref on his twitter account, not bringing the game into disrepute.  You are getting confused with the facts 

A fully deserved red card you mean. Two feet, off the ground, studs up and he played the man not the ball. That's a red card nothing else. If people are going to hammer Webb over the penalty at least maintain a bit of integrity over the other decision.

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1634 on: January 9, 2011, 07:48:17 pm »
Fair enough he's shit, and that pen was a shocking decision especially given that the linesman hadn't flagged it and was in a much better position. But there was fuck all wrong with the red card call. So if he's shit, he's shit but this bribe thing is fucking embarrassing. 'Clearly taking a bribe' me arse.

As I said mate, you don't know if he is taking a bribe.

I seriously doubt it, but that doesn't mean it is impossible.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1635 on: January 9, 2011, 07:48:54 pm »
Good on Ryan, anyone who says he doesnt give a shit about the club couldnt be more wrong, he often speaks of his respect and love for both the city and the club, he's been putting in 'a shift' that so many people are desperate for a long time now. Hopefully under Kenny he'll get a run in the team, to finally one way or another prove that he's worth our time or not.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1636 on: January 9, 2011, 07:50:39 pm »
should have held your ground ryan.
if the FA ask you questions just give them a dvd of all the disraceful decisions webb has made in favor of the mancs over the years.

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: January 9, 2011, 07:52:37 pm »
As I said mate, you don't know if he is taking a bribe.

I seriously doubt it, but that doesn't mean it is impossible.

You're right. Lets just assume he is because he got one decision wrong and one right. Yep, that makes perfect sense. I presume that approached can be applied to any ref that gives a decision against us then? That'll be handy.

PS - there is such a thing as 'innocent till proven guilty', or do we not bother with that.

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1638 on: January 9, 2011, 07:53:22 pm »
You're right. Lets just assume he is because he got one decision wrong and one right. Yep, that makes perfect sense. I presume that approached can be applied to any ref that gives a decision against us then? That'll be handy.

PS - there is such a thing as 'innocent till proven guilty', or do we not bother with that.

One decision. Did you start watching football today??

Can you also show me where I have said he is guilty please. You've got all night if you want.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: January 9, 2011, 07:54:16 pm »

I'm basing my opinion on Webb's performances over the last 5 or so years, not just today. Feel free to disagree, I may be wrong, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that one man can consistently be given the same fixture every season, balls it up almost every time, and still be retained.