Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 148273 times)

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #1560 on: January 9, 2011, 04:56:25 pm »
He and Jovanovic (unless he's being readied for a departure, I don't know he wasn't included among the subs) need to be given chances.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1561 on: January 9, 2011, 04:57:12 pm »
Might join twitter just to follow Babel.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #1562 on: January 9, 2011, 04:58:05 pm »
well in Ryan, we all thinking it.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #1563 on: January 9, 2011, 04:58:42 pm »

And Johnson after his belter yesterday

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: January 9, 2011, 04:59:30 pm »
Fair play to the lad. Good to see that they are wound up about it.

Let's see the promise come to fruition Ryan, it is has long been time for you to deliver.
YNWA.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1565 on: January 9, 2011, 05:00:07 pm »
Thought he was going to score as soon as he came on to be honest. So carving out that shot had me wondering how in the world I could have been right so soon! Wasn't to be but I do enjoy watching him at times.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: January 9, 2011, 05:00:14 pm »
And Johnson after his belter yesterday

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Not to mention Lucas who comes across like an innocent kitten, the adorable little warrior.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1567 on: January 9, 2011, 05:00:55 pm »
He is better than anything else we have, that is all there is to it

Where Babel at least threatens an opposition defence, we've had endless hours of Dirk and co doing sweet FA against their opposite number.

His workrate has never ceased this season. Seriously he has to be in a starting position now. As soon as he came on we an out ball behind the defence which simply doesn't exist with Dirk and Maxi on the pitch and Torres in turn benefits.

....................Lucas............Raul
........Maxi..............Cole..............Babel
.............................Torres

Gotta be the attacking lineup for Blackpool if Cole is fit with Maxi and Babel switching when required

Combine the attributes of Kuyt and Babel and you'd have a world beater.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #1568 on: January 9, 2011, 05:01:28 pm »

i signed up just because of him and the other liverpool lads...its great fun
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #1569 on: January 9, 2011, 05:02:39 pm »
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Not to mention Lucas who comes across like an innocent kitten, the adorable little warrior.

While you are it, Don't forget to follow your long lost mate, Cristiano Ronaldo. ;)
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: January 9, 2011, 05:04:53 pm »
While you are it, Don't forget to follow your long lost mate, Cristiano Ronaldo. ;)

Why? It's going to be full of him posting naked pics of himself...

So how do I sign up...?  :D

Offline Irakla

• Anny Roader
  • Joe "The real deal" Gomez
« Reply #1571 on: January 9, 2011, 05:06:38 pm »
RyanBabel Ryan Babel   
The crazy thing about the rat race is even if you win your STILL A RAT ( Rev Run ) !!

he's so fun to follow. ;D
Apparently Paolo Maldini has a Joe Gomez poster hung on his bedroom wall

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1572 on: January 9, 2011, 05:48:13 pm »
Lol.Babel on fire.!

Was impressive today.The type of player that would blossom under Dalglish.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #1573 on: January 9, 2011, 05:51:29 pm »
Lol.Babel on fire.!

Well it's his last chance isn't it. Although I wouldn't say he was "impressive" today.

Time to unleash him in the 'Barnes' role, with Maxi on the opposite wing, and Pacheco doing an impersonation of Beardsley behind Nando.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: January 9, 2011, 05:53:57 pm »
There were a few flashes today but I don't think he's going to blossom under anyone.  He simply isn't good enough.  I think he will be gone this summer.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: January 9, 2011, 05:54:15 pm »
Some c*nts giving him racist abuse under that pic. It's in all likelihood a joke, ffs.

smh

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: January 9, 2011, 05:55:54 pm »
Lol.Babel on fire.!

Are you fucking joking me? Impressive? What part? The bit were he repeatedly lost possession, couldn't control aball or just slipped around the place as per usual. Oh but he hit the ball very hard at one point so I suppose that's good.
Well it's his last chance isn't it. Although I wouldn't say he was "impressive" today.

Time to unleash him in the 'Barnes' role, with Maxi on the opposite wing, and Pacheco doing an impersonation of Beardsley behind Nando.

Is that tongue in cheek? Because for someone who spends a good deal of his day hammering Dirk Kuyts lack of ability you show remarkable restraint where this even more limited Dutch wizard is concerned. What is it 3/4 years and still people are talking of 'unleashing' him. This week on left wing, next week the right. The result will still be the same though. If Kenny can forge a Liverpool career for this guy it'll be a remarkable fucking achievement.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #1577 on: January 9, 2011, 05:58:06 pm »
I don't know what to think other than that this must be his best and last shot here. He injected life into the game as soon as he came on and looked dangerous immediately. Five minutes later though and the ball was bouncing ten yards off his shin when any kind of composure and he has the opportunity to turn and run at their back line.

Desperately want him to do well and be the player he can be in those brief moments - all the time.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: January 9, 2011, 05:59:49 pm »

I think for Babel to do an impression of Barnes, it has to be on the right. His major weapon is pace, but that's neutered by having to control the ball on his 'inside' foot and cut inside to do anything, which brings him up against a covering central midfielder and/or a centre back. I think we're well past the stage of imagining him cutting inside and unleashing a shot - how many times has he scored doing that? Put him on the right, let him use his pace and his strong foot on the outside. As for goal threat, he's as likely to that cutting inside off the ball to come onto a pass, or going past the outside of the left centre back and shooting across goal as the mythical cut inside on the ball from the left. It just hasn't happened.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #1579 on: January 9, 2011, 06:07:30 pm »
Is that tongue in cheek? Because for someone who spends a good deal of his day hammering Dirk Kuyts lack of ability you show remarkable restraint where this even more limited Dutch wizard is concerned. What is it 3/4 years and still people are talking of 'unleashing' him. This week on left wing, next week the right. The result will still be the same though. If Kenny can forge a Liverpool career for this guy it'll be a remarkable fucking achievement.
"Unleash" was meant tongue in cheek yes. I guess I'm just ambivalent about Babel, given his infrequent appearances and reluctance to move on. He did little to impress today. So may as well throw him one last shot, nothing to lose at this point, either for the player or the team. And yeah if anyone can spark something in that Swiss cheese brain of his, then Kenny can. We all saw the super sub that destroyed Arsenal in the CL, a rare moment of top quality from the lad that he's struggled to live up to ever since.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1580 on: January 9, 2011, 06:10:00 pm »
that Tweet from Babel made me howl, what a hero!!

On the game though thought he tried hard when he came on, I am the everlasting optimist so I still think Ryan has a lot to give and he is still young.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: January 9, 2011, 06:14:57 pm »
Once again the most threatening player for us on the pitch. Can really see him thrive under Dalglish.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: January 9, 2011, 06:25:00 pm »
Looks like Babel is in trouble for his Webb photoshop. This is from the BBC website:

1819: Breaking news: The Football Association has opened an investigation after Liverpool winger Ryan Babel posted a digitally altered picture on Twitter of referee Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: January 9, 2011, 06:25:05 pm »
Gonna be in trouble for his tweets, but I think the club should back him

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-babel-twitter

LONDON (AP)—The Football Association will open an investigation after Liverpool winger Ryan Babel posted a digitally altered picture on Twitter of referee Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Webb awarded a penalty against Liverpool and later sent off its captain Steven Gerrard as Man United won 1-0 in the third round of the FA Cup on Sunday.

Liverpool's Steven Gerrard…
AP - Jan 9, 9:18 am EST
1 of 2World Soccer Gallery
Before linking to the image of Webb, Babel wrote on Twitter: “And they call him one of the best referees. That’s a joke.”

The FA told The Associated Press that “we will definitely look into this matter.”

United winger Ryan Giggs scored from the spot in the second minute after Daniel Agger had fouled Dimitar Berbatov.

Gerrard was dismissed for a challenge on Michael Carrick in the 32nd
psn = Lents123

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: January 9, 2011, 06:28:46 pm »
Who the fuck cares. If a fine is all that is going to result from this then it was very much worth the effort for Ryan. Good work.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: January 9, 2011, 06:29:32 pm »
his right so what...?

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: January 9, 2011, 06:30:31 pm »
Gonna be in trouble for his tweets, but I think the club should back him

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-babel-twitter

LONDON (AP)—The Football Association will open an investigation after Liverpool winger Ryan Babel posted a digitally altered picture on Twitter of referee Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt.

Webb awarded a penalty against Liverpool and later sent off its captain Steven Gerrard as Man United won 1-0 in the third round of the FA Cup on Sunday.

Liverpool's Steven Gerrard…
AP - Jan 9, 9:18 am EST
1 of 2World Soccer Gallery
Before linking to the image of Webb, Babel wrote on Twitter: “And they call him one of the best referees. That’s a joke.”

The FA told The Associated Press that “we will definitely look into this matter.”

United winger Ryan Giggs scored from the spot in the second minute after Daniel Agger had fouled Dimitar Berbatov.

Gerrard was dismissed for a challenge on Michael Carrick in the 32nd

Normally I'd agree with authority but in this case the club should fight this (even though they'll lose)

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: January 9, 2011, 06:31:13 pm »
He has pretty much a perfect disciplinary record. Will be a fine at most, perhaps less then that.

Offline Grobbelaar

• Anny Roader
  • Rafa is Boss
« Reply #1588 on: January 9, 2011, 06:32:26 pm »
What are they gonna investigate? If Webb is bent?

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: January 9, 2011, 06:32:40 pm »
FA is the most corrupt football association in the planet.

Webb is one of the most corrupt and worst referees I have ever seen.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1590 on: January 9, 2011, 06:32:43 pm »
Clearly shows Ryan gives a shit, the FA will go for a show trial but fuck em he said nothing that nobody else was thinking or saying for the last few years
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1591 on: January 9, 2011, 06:33:37 pm »
Just proves the F.A have sweet FA to do.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: January 9, 2011, 06:34:30 pm »
Well in Ryan
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: January 9, 2011, 06:34:34 pm »
He should be rightfully fined for it, then he should be rightfully hugged for it as well. "This kind of behaviour is a disgrace to the club, and will not be tolerated. Oh, and by the way Ryan, are you available to play in the next game?"
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: January 9, 2011, 06:35:00 pm »
Fucking
Assholes.

FA stands for.

Offline Tommy Torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: January 9, 2011, 06:37:22 pm »
No doubt will be fined for this but anybody who thinks he will blossom under Kenny is seriously optimistic. We've been waiting 3 years for him to blossom. The change of manager might have bought him till the end of the season but unless he uproots some trees, I can't see him staying next summer.
There's only one Sergio Torres

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: January 9, 2011, 06:38:13 pm »
He shouldnt have done i knew hed get in trouble but he isnt wrong. I feel the club should back him and expose that corrupt ref and he shouldnt be allowed to ref such games. I dont get why fergie gets away with and kills referees careers and everyone else is punished if they try the same.

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1597 on: January 9, 2011, 06:39:47 pm »
Someone tell the FA that if they are gonna look into Babel posting a pic on twitter they might ant to consider using their resources more wisely and look into Howard Webbs record of refereeing our games aganinst the Mancs. The is upsidedown logic and hypocrisy
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1598 on: January 9, 2011, 06:40:05 pm »

Thats hilarious.

Well done, FA.

Us versus The World.

Ryan understands.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline scousinho

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1599 on: January 9, 2011, 06:40:51 pm »
After kicking michael owen 2 foot up in the air then railing on webb on twitter, this has to go down as one of ryans better days in a liverpool shirt!