Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 111424 times)

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1040 on: January 9, 2011, 06:09:34 pm »
15 arrests for public offences in the ground, toilets smashed in the East St

GMP have only got themselves to blame
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #1041 on: January 9, 2011, 06:10:03 pm »
Generally good performance from the lads, except for SG who really should know better, Mereilles who looks progressively worse, though in fairness to him, he is probably shook up by the fact that the Manager who bought him is gone, and, very worryingly Torres, who with everything he could ask for from the club given to him, could not show any effort in a competition that we were still in with a chance of winning.

Loving our new formation and positivity and aggression
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1042 on: January 9, 2011, 06:10:22 pm »
Well I disagree.  As you said you didn't see Rafael's challenge.  Yep there's inconsistency, but I genuinely don't think Gerrard's challenge warranted a red.  A yellow, not a red.  If it was straight on to the player such as was the case with Rafael then yes, it would've warranted a straight red.  But it wasn't.

Anyway, over and done with now.
Rafael's challenge has nothing to do with whether Gerrard's was a red or not. I only mention Rafael's because I can't say his should have been a red without seeing it. I DID see Gerrard's and that was definitely, 100% a red card offence. It's there in black and white, a 2 footed challenge with both feet off the ground is a red card offence, there isn't any 'but he got the ball' or 'but it was a 50/50'. As I say, a 'perfect ref', IE one that was able to see every incident and apply all rules 100% correctly would give that challenge as a red card every single time, there's no excuse for any player to be making that sort of challenge, in that sense it's no different to a professional foul or an elbow in the face or headbutting someone. The rules make it quite clear that, contact with ball or man or not, if you lunge in with both feet off the ground and extended like that then you should be sent off.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 06:12:12 pm by hesbighesred »
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1043 on: January 9, 2011, 06:10:26 pm »
Just heard on the radio that there has been 15 arrests inside the ground for public order offences and criminal damage. Anyone heard anything?

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1044 on: January 9, 2011, 06:11:33 pm »
kelly my man of the match

i was impressed with the effort from the lads today

kenny got the substitutions spot on which is a good sign for the future

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: January 9, 2011, 06:12:00 pm »
Just heard on the radio that there has been 15 arrests inside the ground for public order offences and criminal damage. Anyone heard anything?
Only that from GMP spokesman
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: January 9, 2011, 06:12:06 pm »
Gerrard's tackle wasn't even two footed.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: January 9, 2011, 06:12:43 pm »
Only that from GMP spokesman

Cheers Stevie

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1048 on: January 9, 2011, 06:13:07 pm »
15 arrests for public offences in the ground, toilets smashed in the East St causing flooding

GMP have only got themselves to blame

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1049 on: January 9, 2011, 06:13:47 pm »
So my thoughts on the game

First off I think Webb got both decisions right. Agger did catch him, even if he went down easy. Penalty all day.

A pen! A pen right Webb's arse more like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEz58EfeHHw&feature=player_embedded
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: January 9, 2011, 06:13:49 pm »
Cheers Stevie
And its been the yellow strap on SSN ever since tossers

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: January 9, 2011, 06:13:58 pm »
Why give him TV time? :/

Well opportunity to bash the liverpool supporters!
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1052 on: January 9, 2011, 06:14:05 pm »
You WHAT?????

Both his feet were OFF THE GROUND and POINTING at the other player, it's practically the definition of a 'two footed' challenge, it's EXACTLY the kind of needless, dangerous challenge the rules were rightly brought in to stop.

We'd be absolutely FUMING if an opposition player did the same and wasn't punished, indeed I have fumed about it on a number of occasions.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1053 on: January 9, 2011, 06:15:29 pm »
So my thoughts on the game

First off I think Webb got both decisions right. Agger did catch him, even if he went down easy. Penalty all day.
You have got to be taking the piss?
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Online smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: January 9, 2011, 06:16:03 pm »
You WHAT?????

Both his feet were OFF THE GROUND and POINTING at the other player, it's practically the definition of a 'two footed' challenge, it's EXACTLY the kind of needless, dangerous challenge the rules were rightly brought in to stop.

We'd be absolutely FUMING if an opposition player did the same and wasn't punished, indeed I have fumed about it on a number of occasions.

His 2nd leg came through after the player had been caught. It wasn't two footed. We've seen loads of worse tackles than that unpunished by opposition players. I wouldn't expect them to get sent off for that. Same as Joe Cole v Arsenal- never a red card.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1055 on: January 9, 2011, 06:16:12 pm »
gerrard was right to be sent off

the dissapointing thing for me is he will miss the next 3 games

shelvey looks like he will get more games under kenny

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: January 9, 2011, 06:16:44 pm »
Whatever you think it is a red card under the current rules if it had been a Utd player we would have all screamed red

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: January 9, 2011, 06:17:13 pm »
And its been the yellow strap on SSN ever since tossers

I try to stay away from SS as much as possible. Full of bullshit and cocoa sniffing, LFC bashing c*nts

Online smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: January 9, 2011, 06:17:44 pm »
Whatever you think it is a red card under the current rules if it had been a Utd player we would have all screamed red

And yet we'll all see exactly the same challenge from a different player next week and they'll get a yellow.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #1059 on: January 9, 2011, 06:19:24 pm »
In a nutshell, soooooooo much to take from that game...it's clear Kenny's had the initial impact (should be pointed out A LOT of new managers have this in their first game) so just hope he can carry this into the next two - after the Derby hopefully he'll have his feet under the table by then and can start putting his stamp on the way we play.

Great start.
JFT97

Offline fumb

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1060 on: January 9, 2011, 06:19:28 pm »
I can barely talk. Just on my way home from OT and never thought I would be happy after a loss to the mancs. Great team performance, strong and decisive leadership from the bench and 9000 fans out-singing the mancs easily on their own turf!

Two sour notes

1. The incessant Munich chants. No place for it and for the hundreds that were singing it, you're a disgrace.

2. Smashing up the seats. I get as passionate as the next person, but why smash up seats and throw them? The only people they were hitting were Liverpool fans (me being one of them).

for sure

Offline Ziggy09

• Kopite
  • No Retreat, No Surrender
    • KZFLP - Health & Skincare
« Reply #1061 on: January 9, 2011, 06:19:30 pm »
Never a penalty - didnt even make contact when viewed from the other side - if he did it was his sock brushing against him, thats all. The ref may have had a crap view, but isnt that whats linesmen are for...to help out! He must have had a good view.

They may say Berbabtovs lazy, but he sure dont mind a dive!

As for Gerrard, dont think it was a red. There was no intent to hurt the other player, and he wasnt going into him as such as they were both lunging in but in the same direction and not into each other (if that makes sense!). Also, after seeing slow mo at home, I feel Stevie just got the ball first as his legs slide in and kinda shield the ball from carrick and infact Carrick kicked through him to try and get the ball.

However, he did have both feet off the ground and it was very silly to do such a thing right in front of a ref you know is a twat so he did make a mistake and thus put himself in taht position when there was no need - that tackle wasnt even needed...it was in the centre circle not our area.

Overall though feel pretty upbeat. They had to cheat/needed a refs help to win against us when they are top and unbeaten and we are on a pretty shit run. Some of the play was quite good (when we had 11) and defensively looked much better than at Newcastle or Blackburn but that aint hard to do I guess!

But at least there was some passion there again...thats what gives hope. Reina and Kelly looked good. Srktel actually made contact with the ball instead of kicking air, Agger and Aurelio did ok, Lucas looked good too.....Kuyt put a shift in...Maxi was ok without really threatening if only Raul and Torres had been in better form we just maybe have pinched something but its better than it was!!
Roll up you sleeves and start to dance boys, for happiness is rare in a poor man's life!

Dedication. Determination. Perfection.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: January 9, 2011, 06:19:40 pm »
And yet we'll all see exactly the same challenge from a different player next week and they'll get a yellow.
not many get away with them anymore, Tiotes challenge last night to be fair was a harsher decision he at least won the ball yet still got red , try and see the Dundee strikers challenge on the Motherwell defender today, shocker

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: January 9, 2011, 06:19:43 pm »
I am proud of how the lads performed today.  There were little things in their play that we've been missing all season.  Anyone who is expecting the team to automatically replicate the performances of anything close to the 87-88 team needs their heads checked.  Kenny hasn't had a training session with the team as yet much less to start instill his philosophy.  The one thing that was happy to see though is for the first time this season we actually saw the subs changing the game.

On the topic of that manc Howard Webb, we all know that from the moment he was put in charge of the game that we were playing a man down. Football is a contact sport so the players are expected to make contact with each other.  There is nothing in that challenge for him to think that that should be a penalty unless he wanted to give the mancs an advantage. I'm upset with Stevie because he should know by now that Howard Webb will look for anything to give the mancs any kind of advantage and he didn't need to go two footed into that challenge.  For the life of me I can't understand why Howard Webb continues to get our matches after he consistently makes "erroneous" calls against us!

Well, I am proud of the way our boys played two men down today at Castle Greyskull.  Looking forward to our match against Blackpool.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1064 on: January 9, 2011, 06:20:27 pm »
The last three games we've played at OT we've had Howard Webb. In those three games he's given a penalty that never was after 30 seconds, he kept John O'shea on the pitch despite him being the last man when he hauled down Torres(O'shea then went on to deliver the assist for the winning goal). And he gave Utd a penalty that let them back into the game despite Valencia being about 3 yards outside the box when the foul was commited. I mean come on what the fuck is goin on here? Surely the guy cant be that fuckin inept. There is something very fishy going on here.

Also is there anyway the club could put in an official complaint against Webb? Get FA or whoever is incharge to look at these incidents again and ask them if it is possible not for us to have Webb officiate a game for us again?

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #1065 on: January 9, 2011, 06:21:35 pm »
Like so many others, I'm gutted at the result (and that 'penalty') but it's the first time in ages I've watched a whole game thinking that we might pull this back.
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: January 9, 2011, 06:21:54 pm »
And in the other game we had Bennett , you could be right dodgy fuckers

Offline Istanbul_05times

• Anny Roader
  • He brought that cup back home
« Reply #1067 on: January 9, 2011, 06:22:42 pm »
kelly my man of the match

i was impressed with the effort from the lads today

kenny got the substitutions spot on which is a good sign for the future

here here
gary neville is really hayley cropper

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1068 on: January 9, 2011, 06:22:47 pm »
It was probably a sending off in today's climate to be fair.

Whether the rule is right or not is amdifferent question.

The penalty was soft though, very little in that.  If it had been torres and we hadn't got it, I would have forgotten it in a flash.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1069 on: January 9, 2011, 06:23:44 pm »
the FA apparently invistigating Ryan Babel posting the pic of Howard Webb
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1070 on: January 9, 2011, 06:23:51 pm »
You WHAT?????

He should have at least gave a foul and stopped play re the Rafael challenge - then play couldn't have continued.  Even the commentators mentioned in analysis SG was fired up because of the Rafael challenge being allowed to go unpunished and that's why he flew in.  Yeah, maybe reckless of Gerrard, but if Webb had been any way competent the incident wouldn't have happened.  Don't know how you didn't see Rafael challenge when it was just before the Gerrard challenge took place.  Comentators also mentioned Webb waited until Rio had a word in his earhole before reaching for the red.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1072 on: January 9, 2011, 06:24:40 pm »
Robbie Savage talking shite here
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: January 9, 2011, 06:25:46 pm »
When you go to Old Trafford you know that if you lunge in like Gerrard did, you're going to get sent off.

Stevie knew he was getting sent off straight away, you could see it in the way he walked off. Can't give him a hard time about it though - you make decisions like that in a split second and it was obviously just cuz he was so pumped for the game and he had just seen Meireles pussy out of a similar challenge. He was having none of it and leading by example.

The Agger thing was 50/50. If it happened in Anfield to one of our players it would have been given as well. That's not to say it was the right decision though, Webb should have consulted his linesman because he was so far away from the incident.

You think the FA would give a ref for that fixture who isn't well known for being anti-Liverpool. The clowns!

Welcome back KK!

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1074 on: January 9, 2011, 06:26:22 pm »

Got to love the FA, sit back and let Refs make shite decisions week in week out but the second anybody mentions this they investigate - fucking tools

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1075 on: January 9, 2011, 06:26:53 pm »
Robbie Savage talking shite here

Come on whats the pleb saying?

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: January 9, 2011, 06:27:00 pm »
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-babel-twitter

oops

2 days running our lads getting in trouble on there. Not that I am having a go at them one bit either.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1077 on: January 9, 2011, 06:27:15 pm »
Just got back from the game. Never felt so cheated in all my life!Howard webb you are fucking disgrace. Penalty in the first 30 seconds?? Fuck that!! He dived! everyone could see it but that twat had to take the attention from Kenny and give the mancs an upper hand. What a twat!

Dont really know about the red card cos I havent had chance to watch it properly but from what I could see they both went in for it and it didnt look worthy of a red card!! The obther way round I dont think twat head webb would have sent their player.

Thought Kelly was awesome! Absolutely awesome. Johnson is gonna have a problem getting back in the side after that display. Cant really fault any of the lads for effort, I thought we tried really hard to get back in the game but was always gonna be difficult.

We/The fans were absolutely amazing i have to say. Im proud to say I was part of the lads who say their heart out throughout the game. Was electric and Im glad kenny has acknowledged us in his post match talk.

I have to say that whoever was ripping seats out and throwing them down need to be ashamed of themselves. One got thrown over me and hit a man 2 rows infront on the head and the blood just gushed out of his head! Its a fuckin disgrace. I know they a dirty bunch of twats and we hate the c*nts but I think there is a line...that line was crossed. I have just heard too that 15 ppl have been arrested for ripping the toilets and sinks out....just dont get it.....

On a positive note, my sign got put on the tv :-) Obviously not a professional job and doesnt compare with the 'Hodgson-Owl' one  :lmao but glad it was acknowledged :-) Roll on March and Kenny will have his revenge
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 06:30:01 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1078 on: January 9, 2011, 06:27:42 pm »

Surprised it took this long.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: January 9, 2011, 06:27:44 pm »
Quick audio interview with Kenny here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/9341910.stm

"The penalty was a joke. Unless the rules have changed, it's just not a penalty."

Well said ;D