Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 111423 times)

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1320 on: January 9, 2011, 09:21:53 pm »
Just amazing to watch us play like a team again, pass the ball on the ground to each other, and not hoof the ball repeatedly to isolated strikers repeatedly. And of course to be able to listen to and watch our manager with respect and admiration, rather than disgust and pity.

Kelly played well at RB, Lucas did well, Meireles & Torres didn't have great games. Overall the defence looked a lot more solid than it has recently and generally speaking our passing was crisp and positive. Lads worked hard even when down to 10 and I still never really had the feeling we were out of it, even right up until the end - and it was SO good not to see Kyrgiakos brought on as a striker and the team hoofing balls to him for the last 10 minutes!
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 09:26:30 pm by Rusty »
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1321 on: January 9, 2011, 09:23:27 pm »
What I really loved to see was the face of Ferguson almost all through the game and his reaction when shaking Kennys hand.

He made the impression that he really didn´t like to have Kenny around again as finally someone arrived to stand up against him again and he knows that his usual mind games he used before against the likes of Wenger and Rafa won´t work here. He doesn´t like that. And I like that.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1322 on: January 9, 2011, 09:24:00 pm »
Since you bring up tactics -

It's more likely to pick up 3 points in this sort of matchup though, unless you think going at Evra and crossing the ball for Torres to beat Ferdinand/Evans/Vidic is a better idea.
No, it isn't more likely to pick up more points, firstly because it a cup game and secondly we could still be playing right now with 11 men and we still wouldn't of scored.

We lack pace, width and guile down the flanks, and have done for years. A narrow compact system doesn't use width and thats where we have been for some time.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: January 9, 2011, 09:25:19 pm »
Tactically those foundations were solid! Narrow and compact and lacking any width was and is, not! going to win a league.

'Tactically' if he could have signed a decent left wing - Leto, Gonzalez, Babel, Reira - then we would have always had decent width under Benitez - the one decent season we got out of Reira - we looked balanced and effective going forward - I dont think it was for lack of trying just lack of budget/judgement - he employed a left winger at Valencia to great effect there. He seems to prefer using the right sided player to cut inside which has worked well for Garcia, Gerrard and Kuyt the problems been the inconsistency on the left.

If we can sign a good left winger in the window (or some form of understanding of football into Babel) then that will go a long way to helping us to be more effective going forward.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #1324 on: January 9, 2011, 09:26:43 pm »
Martin kelly was our best player. Another great game for him.

As for gerrard's challenge I thought he was off as soon as I saw it. It was rash and over the top so not surprised he was red carded. He should know better and more importantly we have lost him for the next 3 games when we really need him.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1325 on: January 9, 2011, 09:31:15 pm »
My daughter is a qualified ref and Liverpool through and through (not that she had any choice in the matter, mind ;D)
.....she said she would not have given the penalty but there was contact but not enough to warrant the fall
.....she said that she would have given Raphael a yellow card for his lunge
.....she said that she would have given Gerrard a red card

Never a penalty and a definite red.....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: January 9, 2011, 09:31:18 pm »
No, it isn't more likely to pick up more points, firstly because it a cup game and secondly we could still be playing right now with 11 men and we still wouldn't of scored.

We lack pace, width and guile down the flanks, and have done for years. A narrow compact system doesn't use width and thats where we have been for some time.

Weren't we top scorers in 08/09? - it was our defence which stopped us winning the league that season.  Arsenal and Barca don't seem to have too many problems scoring and they rarely play natural wingers.  Walcott is the only one they boast between them.

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1327 on: January 9, 2011, 09:35:25 pm »
I havent heard too much about Reina.  Those saves he made were unbeleivable

Offline vader90

• Legacy Fan
  • The eternal optimist - Everything happens for good
« Reply #1328 on: January 9, 2011, 09:41:28 pm »

We are tired of praising him
Roll up, roll up for the Liverpool FC circus, in town every fucking week.

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #1329 on: January 9, 2011, 09:41:29 pm »
Just got back. Great atmosphere in there today I thought.

I thought everyone had a decent game today apart from Meireles and Torres. I think Meireles just had a bad day so not gonna read too much into that. WTF is wrong with Torres, there were times today where he didn't even move, glad Kenny dragged him off. If he's injured then rest him for a while cos he is no good to us the way he was today. If his heart is not in it then sell the lad and bring someone in who wants to play for the club.

p.s Howard Webb is a shithouse.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1330 on: January 9, 2011, 09:43:27 pm »
Well played Redmen. A gutsy performance - we've finally got our team back.

Yeah I love, just love Kenny's face breaking into a smile when asked what its like to be back, "brilliant"

Yep, just brilliant. Look forward to the rest of the season now.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #1331 on: January 9, 2011, 09:44:00 pm »
Well i thought we can hold our heads high after that performance.

Never a penalty and my thoughts were it was a bit harsh for a straight red too-both players were committed and the angles both went in meant it was never gonna be a leg breaker,there is a difference for me-intent,it was a bit reckless from stevie but if he wanted to do him he'd have gone knee high-if that suggests the rules are wrong then so be it.

As soon as they converted the pen my immediate thoughts were ' i'd fuckin hate to lose to a sweaty goal like that',thats what gets your back up-if we'd have gone out to a great goal or a piece of class whatever,it fuckin hurts but is so much easier to take on the chin.

We can take a lot from that game tho,thought Kenny was spot on with the team selection and formation..4-4-2 and looked 4-1-4-1 when utd had possession.

The desire was there,attitude everything so different..never have i had so much optimism in defeat especially at the hands of utd.

One last note...Martin Kelly,fucking take a bow lad-great game.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #1332 on: January 9, 2011, 09:44:01 pm »
No, it isn't more likely to pick up more points,

I made a case. Their fullbacks are fast, and their centrebacks are good in the air. Their central midfielders are weaker, and we've had success beating them up the gut, on the ground, turning them and beating them with pace.

Where's your case for going down the flanks?

firstly because it a cup game

I fail to see what that has to do with anything. You have to beat the players in front of you. Vidic, Ferdinand, and Evans don't get shorter when they play cup ties.

and secondly we could still be playing right now with 11 men and we still wouldn't of scored.

What's your reasoning behind that fantastic remark? The core of this team has scored against them in the past - 2 goals in a 3-2 loss, before that one goal in a 2-1 loss, before that a 2-0 win, before that a 4-1 win, before that a 2-1 win.

Width doesn't work against every team was my point. To declare absolutely, and no offense, simplistically, that no team will win shit without wingers is false. The same team that you say "for years" hasn't had width also has amassed an impressive domestic and European scalp collection. To break Chelsea's home winning streak, to put 4 past Arsenal and United, to beat Real, Barca, and Inter - to put 4 goals past Chelsea at Stamford Bridge - that doesn't really help your case.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 09:45:37 pm by El Campeador »

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #1333 on: January 9, 2011, 09:45:02 pm »
Simple for me the wrongly given penalty led to the red card.  If Webb had not given Manure a goal, I'm sure Gerrard would of been more poised and controlled.  But I think emotions where running even higher by the feeling of injustice.

So imo Webb fucked up the first decison and was the cause of the second.

That being said we played with ommitment and I was happy with all players, first 11 and subs, I'm back to enjoying my football!!!
 :D

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: January 9, 2011, 09:46:28 pm »
I watched the penalty and the sending off back once i got home. The penalty was a complete dive and once again Webb shit himself and gave it. The FA are investigating Babel on Twitter, perhaps they should investigate something a little more serious in the game, cheating. As for the sending off i can see why he gave the red, bit of a lunge by Stevie and if you go in like that you're asking for trouble.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: January 9, 2011, 09:50:48 pm »
Just got back. My first game at Old Trafford. Was in E336.

Watching the sinks getting kicked off whilst taking a leak was interesting, followed by Munich chants. So was a pound coin landing on my arm. Thank you Manc twat.

As for the football...

Nice to see a line up and formation most of us would've liked. It was also nice to have substitutions that made complete sense, well to me anyway.

I thought Kelly was our best player. A proper defender at RB, not much will get past him. Also willing to get forward and go at players. He will be big for us. Possibly deserves a starting place now.

Raul looked lost and it was his worst game for us. Hopefully just a blip.

I didn't think they were anything special, and they've been doing this all season. If Stevie had stayed on, we might have got something out of the game, we looked good at that point.

A lot of positives to take I think. Kelly, the selections, the tactics, the formation, the substitutions. Football isn't complicated.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: January 9, 2011, 09:58:37 pm »
Was at the game, travelling fans were fantastic. We didn't press on their half but went into press mode as soon as they entered the half. Kelly was fantastic and generally back 4 looked a lot more stable. We definitely tried to play a more short pass game with full backs pushing on and there are positives signs for sure - can see us playing nice footy if we build from today. Thought Babel was v good when he came on - the threat of pace just helps the team so much.
Btw -was Joe Cole injured or dropped?

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
« Reply #1337 on: January 9, 2011, 09:59:26 pm »
I loved so many things about that performance, but still find myself depressed.

1 We looked organized.
2 Passing was clean at times.
3 Players getting stuck in.
4 Subs were made before the 80th.
5 Torres was taken off
6 Starting 11 was spot on
7 Marin Kelly showed us he will be our best full back one day
8 Jonjo got a chance and Danny was put on the bench
9 Babel came on and beat defenders
10 Kenny didn't smile when he shook Ferguson's hand

Offline swampy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1338 on: January 9, 2011, 10:03:49 pm »
I'm not an f'ing manc Sir Harvest and I don't take kindly to being called one
Why do you comment like one?

Offline Bouncer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "It's not my ego, it's my responsibility" Benitez
« Reply #1339 on: January 9, 2011, 10:05:49 pm »
Berbatov fell around a second after he went past Agger, he even managed to make two steps before falling. It clearly wasn't a penalty. Besides, what are linesmen for? It's Webb's fault and no one else's.

That is exactly what I saw ... Talk about delayed reaction and the linesman knew this - couldn't believe my eyes when the baldy c*nt pointed the spot ... We need a song Webb and Refs ... They are all shit ... Respect ... My arse !!
Gatusso says that Liverpool play too many long balls?

I don’t think he watches many Liverpool games, the same way I don’t watch many Milan games. (Rafa)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1340 on: January 9, 2011, 10:07:48 pm »
Kenny Dalglish begins his second coming at Liverpool with a rant

• The penalty was a joke, says Liverpool's caretaker manager
• Gerrard dismissed – 'I can't see that as a red card either'

There was no triumphant return as Liverpool manager for Kenny Dalglish today, only the familiarity of a dispute with Mr. Ferguson as he condemned the decisions that gave Manchester United victory in the third round of the FA Cup.

Dalglish's first game as Liverpool manager for almost 20 years ended in controversial defeat after the referee, Howard Webb, awarded a first-minute penalty that enabled Ryan Giggs to decide the contest and dismissed Steven Gerrard in the 32nd minute for a two-footed tackle on Michael Carrick.

Ferguson, who greeted his fellow Scot and former adversary with "welcome back" in the tunnel before kick‑off, claimed the World Cup final referee called both major decisions correctly. Dalglish, almost inevitably, thought otherwise. "The penalty was a joke," said Dalglish, who accepted John W Henry's invitation to replace Roy Hodgson while on a cruise and denied his iconic Liverpool status will be at risk over the next five months.

"I've seen the replay and unless they have changed the rules it is not a penalty. The other one, I can't see that as a red card either. In the dressing room before the game someone said to me the game hasn't changed that much and I said I thought it had become a non-contact sport. Maybe I was right."

United were the dominant side throughout but reliant on Daniel Agger's slight trip on Dimitar Berbatov for the penalty that secured a fourth-round tie away to Southampton. "Of course it was a penalty," the Bulgarian striker said. "There was enough contact for me to lose my balance and people know I do not go to ground easily."

The start to Dalglish's second coming as Liverpool manager deteriorated further when Gerrard caught Carrick with both feet off the floor. The Liverpool captain will now miss the trip to Blackpool on Wednesday, the Merseyside derby with Everton on Sunday and the game at Wolverhampton Wanderers as a result of a three-match ban.

"I don't think there was any doubt. I think it was two-footed. He was off the ground too," said Ferguson. "It was a reckless challenge. Steven Gerrard is not that type of player really but I don't think he left the referee with any option. I thought it was a penalty too. The replay shows he slightly touched him but the momentum is enough to bring the player down."

The United manager said he was "amazed" the game ended 1-0 but credited 10-man Liverpool with a resilience that was absent in Hodgson's final game in charge at Blackburn Rovers, and gave Dalglish confidence that he can revive the club's sorry campaign.

Dalglish said: "If we can get everyone pulling in the same direction – players, staff, owners and supporters – we are going to have a good chance of improving things going forward." He denied making any additions to his backroom staff but is expected to install the former Chelsea and West Ham United No2 Steve Clarke as his assistant.

"I don't think any of the players could be faulted for effort and commitment. Yes, we might pass and finish a bit better but it is a difficult place to come and win a game. To lose a penalty in the first minute and get a guy sent off in the first half was always going to make it difficult for us."

Dalglish was tempted, he said, "to do a Mourinho or Gary Neville and run down to that corner" when he faced Liverpool supporters for the first time as their manager since a 4-4 FA Cup replay draw against Everton in February 1991.

He also countered suggestions that, 10 years after his last managerial experience at Celtic, he had been out of the game too long and was placing his reputation at risk at Liverpool by attempting to correct their recent decline.

"How do you know you have anything unless you try?" he said. "I will give everything I have got to put the club in a better position than it is now. Whether that's going to be sufficient for everyone, I don't know. I can't see into the future. I can only promise 100% commitment. That is the way to look at it. For me, it was a no-brainer. Whatever other people think, they are perfectly entitled. I made the decision and I made the one I think was best for myself and the football club.

"I was on a boat and I was happy when I got a phone call from John Henry to say he had spoken to Roy and would I like to come and look after the team until the end of the season.

"I would not have insulted the club by saying no. I have to say the cruise people were fantastic. They got us off at Bahrain and got us on to a plane and I was home last night."

Reports tonight claimed that 15 arrests were made inside Old Trafford for public order offences and criminal damage.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/09/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-manchester-united
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: January 9, 2011, 10:08:20 pm »
Howard Webb, 4pens given to them at Old Trafford last 6 games he's reffed there. I rest my case.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: January 9, 2011, 10:11:14 pm »
Once again, I fail to see a rant in Kenny's comments.

Offline swampy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1343 on: January 9, 2011, 10:11:38 pm »
Must say I did during the game but it was a stupid, hot headed challenge and Stevie has got away with a few of these in the past. Just suck it up and get on IMO. Bitch of a start for Kenny without his captain but it'll be interesting to see how he sets things up with Pepe in charge.
Watching the replay of the red again, webb backs away like play on its only after Man's started whinging he blows a stop. He caught carrick but it was a 50/50 with neither play facing each other both are going sideways to the ball. Gerrard catches him because Carricks foot gets there first and swings through the ball Gerrard doesnt deviate of his line to collect him its a block challenge yes it has two feet but its not aimed at the player its aimed at the touchline following the same plane his run was on.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: January 9, 2011, 10:15:08 pm »
The thing I liked most was Kenny taking Torres off. To me, that was him saying "youre not undroppable son, now pull your fuckin socks up!!!

I liked that too. Torres clearly respects him judging by his reaction.

The team just has an old school feel to it all of a sudden, even though we lost i think confidence should still be high. We played higher up the pitch today than we did at home to wolves.. That says it all! I'm excited about this whole kenny in the dugout situation and i think the players are too- so even though we lost, big pat on the backs of the players who were under huge pressure and put in a good performance against the tide.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: January 9, 2011, 10:15:48 pm »
I was sitting a few seats away from Ian Rush and i think his sons today. Rush was a lovely guy, took photos, had a chat. He said that he was hoping to be involved in the coaching set up and Kenny wants him involved but that he didn't know his role yet....

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: January 9, 2011, 10:16:32 pm »
They just write whatever they want. There was also a headline today on Torres stating Roy should have been give more time. I then went through the article and couldn´t find ANY statement of Torres on that..

IT IS a common thing in english press to not relate to any truth.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1347 on: January 9, 2011, 10:19:14 pm »

Sorry.....we tend to only mention Pepe if he has had a bad game and that's not that often. However it has been said many times that he has been probably our most consistent and therefore best player.
#JFT97

Offline trojaneddie

• Kemlynite
  • YNWA Luis Suarez
« Reply #1348 on: January 9, 2011, 10:19:29 pm »
Very happy with the performance today. We had a game plan.
Martin Kelly mom by a mile.
We didn't collapse after the complete injustice of the penalty.
Linesman is as much a pr**k as Webb. Even after the red card we looked organised.

Stevie G is not an impetuous youngster anymore. He knows Webb is a manc. Once he left the ground,
that horrible c**t was always going to send him off.

On todays evidence I think a European spot in the league and win the Europa is a fairly achievable expectation!
Am i wrong?

Che, Ferguson - Lavate la boca para habiar de Sir Suarez

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1349 on: January 9, 2011, 10:24:25 pm »
Simple for me the wrongly given penalty led to the red card.  If Webb had not given the Mancs a goal, I'm sure Gerrard would of been more poised and controlled.  But I think emotions where running even higher by the feeling of injustice.

So imo Webb fucked up the first decison and was the cause of the second.

That being said we played with ommitment and I was happy with all players, first 11 and subs, I'm back to enjoying my football!!!
 :D

Exactly!

Webb does his job properly and the penalty is not given and the game is stopped for Rafael leaving the ground. Stevie doesn't get carded. And Ryan Babel doesn't need to kick up Adobe Photoshop!

It's not an excuse to say 'but it's Webb at OT'. So what? He's there to impartially referee. These men are supposedly professional and paid in excess of £100k a year to be better than part time and get the decisions right. Not a weekend goes by without a poor refereeing decision being flagged. Last week it was West Brom. This week us.

Stevie should know better because it was a red but when we start giving pardon to poor refereeing it is the day football might as well be called WWF.

As soon as I've seen the refs Howard Webb I say to the girlfriend that United would get a penalty or we'd have someone sent off. Webb beat that by doing both! But why should I think that?

Here's betting we get nothing from the ref at Blackpool too.

Took the shade off a brilliant weekend for me. Much more determined performance today. Not unlucky, robbed by poor / corrupt refereeing.

Big improvement - onwards and upwards!

Online LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1350 on: January 9, 2011, 10:25:19 pm »
We looked good in defence, Has the back 4 ever played with eachother before?

And the fight and desire to try win in 2nd half was good to see, Thought Babel and Shelvey both done well when they came on!

Onwards and updwards :)

Offline oldboybailey

• Kopite
« Reply #1351 on: January 9, 2011, 10:25:45 pm »
Result aside i'm well chuffed with how that went. From the team we picked, to the way we set up and through to how we kept our heads up and carried on trying. It seems like simple things but we actually were committing men forward instead torres looking isolated, passing the ball around in midfield rather than launching it over  the top of them, winning it back inside there half instead of retreating back to our own box when we lost possession, looking for the pass out of defence instead of hoofing or even running it out in the case of Agger a couple of times. Still things to work on but overall a good performance from the lads.

It was a shame Stevie saw red but I dont really think we can have many complaints. Ok it wasn't the worst tackle you'll ever see but he did go in two footed and was in the air. Same with the penalty really, Berbatov made the most of it but we'd be screaming injustice if it was down the other end and we didn't get it.

It will be good to get the Blackpool game out the way now so we can see if this new style is Kenny's doing and not just simply because it was Utd at Old Trafford. We played similar against Chelsea, got a result and then reverted to type so I'd like to see a few games in a row like this before getting too carried away.

Oh, and my two moments of the match? Pepe Reina's five saves in succession was unbelievably good and the "where were you in Istanbul" chant for Owen was spot on :)

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1352 on: January 9, 2011, 10:25:51 pm »
Once again, I fail to see a rant in Kenny's comments.

Hilarious, isn't it? Nothing in the article suggest a rant only a 'dispute' but the headline editor misinforms and caricatures it straight away.

Hope it adds to a rising siege mentality, excellent stuff if so.

« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 10:32:12 pm by Stussy »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline NowInOz

• Main Stander
« Reply #1353 on: January 9, 2011, 10:25:53 pm »
I appreciate you're a mod and all that, but eh, that was a fucking red card mate. Had Carricks leg been planted he could've easily broken it.

How was Carricks leg ever gonna be planted when there were both sliding?

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1354 on: January 9, 2011, 10:26:24 pm »
The thing I liked most was Kenny taking Torres off. To me, that was him saying "youre not undroppable son, now pull your fuckin socks up!!!

I guess that was part of it and hopefully the message will be the same to all players.
But I also thought it was as much Kenny telling Torres that he'd run his socks off and it was time for somebody to take over. Quite often, away from home, it can be very tiring up front chasing lost causes and being outnumbered.
#JFT97

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1355 on: January 9, 2011, 10:27:48 pm »
How can anyone listen to this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9352317.stm

and not be proud, overjoyed and confident of the rest of the season.

It's going to take time to undo the damage that's been done to our confidence this season. It's going to take time to get us playing the way he, and we, wants us to play. But listen to that man talk. It's an interview after we've lost to the mancs at OT and listen to the pride for the club in his voice, and the protection of us in what he says. The bit about the team sheet and the "not a contact sport" is fucking brilliant.

Martin Kelly, take a bow son. Motm for me for us, I thought he was excellent. We looked so much better in defense yesterday. So, so much better. That, bar and away game at woodison, was the most difficult start to a managerial appointment ever I think. Us utterly rock bottom in confidence and performances befrore he took over, them unbeaten at the top of the league, brimming with confidence.

I said it last night before i logged off and i'll say it again. Utterly, utterly proud of the lads today. Now for blackpool.

Fuck, i'm actually looking forward to football. I don't understand this feeling.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1356 on: January 9, 2011, 10:28:35 pm »
Final point on the penalty from me - even if there was slight contact that shouldn't automatically make it a foul. There was not enough force to trip or halt Berbatov's progress. If that had been a 50/50 near halfway would he have given a foul? Well probably knowing Webb but my point still stands!

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1357 on: January 9, 2011, 10:28:39 pm »
Tactically those foundations were solid! Narrow and compact and lacking any width was and is, not! going to win a league.
Chopper, I really like you as a poster and you're a real laugh, and a top red, but when it comes to tactics you talk a right old load of shite ;) I can't remember a single discussion we've had on tactics where I haven't utterly disagreed with just about every single thing you've said.

Though it would be nice to have much better wingers, that's true - but wingers aren't now, nor have they ever been (well, not since the real old days) the 'foundation' of any set of tactics.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 10:30:48 pm by hesbighesred »
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: January 9, 2011, 10:30:25 pm »
How can anyone listen to this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9352317.stm

and not be proud, overjoyed and confident of the rest of the season.

It's going to take time to undo the damage that's been done to our confidence this season. It's going to take time to get us playing the way he, and we, wants us to play. But listen to that man talk. It's an interview after we've lost to the mancs at OT and listen to the pride for the club in his voice, and the protection of us in what he says. The bit about the team sheet and the "not a contact sport" is fucking brilliant.

Martin Kelly, take a bow son. Motm for me for us, I thought he was excellent. We looked so much better in defense yesterday. So, so much better. That, bar and away game at woodison, was the most difficult start to a managerial appointment ever I think. Us utterly rock bottom in confidence and performances befrore he took over, them unbeaten at the top of the league, brimming with confidence.

I said it last night before i logged off and i'll say it again. Utterly, utterly proud of the lads today. Now for blackpool.

Fuck, i'm actually looking forward to football. I don't understand this feeling.

Im going to bed happy we did all we could even in defeat  v proud to be a red!
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #1359 on: January 9, 2011, 10:30:30 pm »

The bad news: We have lost ...

The good news: We have finally played with some heart ...

The best news: Mancs don't stand a chance of winning the No19 with this team ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.