Author Topic: Chechnyan Concentration Camps  (Read 1664 times)

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Chechnyan Concentration Camps
« on: April 14, 2017, 08:14:44 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/13/they-called-us-animals-chechens-prison-beatings-electric-shocks-anti-gay-purge?CMP=share_btn_fb

There seems to be no thread on this which is evidence of how much this shocking story is flying under the radar. Above I've posted a story from The Guardian detailing witness accounts of what is going on out there.

It feels to me like this is the time for the international community to step up and do something, rather than wait for things to develop into a situation where history really starts repeating itself.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Chechnyan Concentration Camps
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 10:33:37 pm »
It's absolutely abhorrent... in this day and age....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 10:50:05 pm »
Seen an article where the president (or person in charge) was asked about it and he said we don't have any homosexuals here, how could this happen to people that don't exist.  Basically saying they aren't even people.  Its fucked up

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 11:12:26 pm »
That quote is in the article I posted. Worth a read to get a fuller idea of just how bad things are.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 09:22:32 am »
Its a horrible story but as usual Russia has said it has no 'reliable' information about anything like this.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 09:28:02 am »
At least once a day, Adam’s captors attached metal clamps to his fingers and toes. One of the men then cranked a handle on a machine to which the clamps were linked with wires, and sent powerful electric shocks through his body. If he managed not to scream, others would join in, beating him with wooden sticks or metal rods.

Journalists at the Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta, which first reported the story, say they have incontrovertible evidence that at least three gay men have been killed since the operation started, and believe the full death toll could be much higher.

“Nobody knows how many people have been killed,” said Akhmed. “It’s just impossible to contact most people or to find anything out. But I would be amazed if it was only three.”

Three quotes that show just how utterly fucking awful this is. Officials are rounding up gay men, torturing them, then letting them go only to have them out other gay men who they can torture. Some die in the process of this torture. This is such a shocking story that even the Russian press are investigating/reporting it. Russia - that beacon of human rights and acceptance of the LGBT community - thinks this is fucking awful. That's how bad this is.

There have been protests outside the Russian embassy in London and all over the world. Currently falling on deaf ears.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 07:23:42 pm »
Only just discovered this topic. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach that these go on in this day and age. It makes me angry that there isn't a spotlight on things like these in the west. It needs to come to the fore. Poor people to have to endure something like that.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 04:24:40 pm »
Absolutely insane that there are concentration camps in this day and age. Surely there is some way of the international community stepping in and resolving this issue? I'm not sure of the Chechnyan relationship with the West but surely some form of diplomatic/economic sanctions are possible.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 08:47:18 pm »
Absolutely insane that there are concentration camps in this day and age. Surely there is some way of the international community stepping in and resolving this issue? I'm not sure of the Chechnyan relationship with the West but surely some form of diplomatic/economic sanctions are possible.

Chechnya is a Russian Federal republic so if anyone cabin put pressure on them it will be Putin.

Let's see what happens then.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 11:38:20 pm »
Mark Ames has written an interesting article on how this began. Involving a rather bizarre 'Gay rights activist' who seems to have outed gay rights activists in Chechnya.

http://exiledonline.com/russia-blog-day-1-the-strange-activist-who-provoked-chechnyas-anti-gay-crackdown/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:42:04 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."