Author Topic: The Racist Russian Fanciers Party  (Read 290985 times)

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
Re: UKIP councillor blames storms and floods on gay marriage
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2014, 08:22:08 am »
Yeah that's something that cannot be denied.

UKIP doing a spectacular job of making themselves look like a genuinely hideous outfit again though.

You know what the truly worrying thing is, the worse they look the more support they seem to get.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2014, 09:42:43 am »
UKIP's attempt at a carnival to promote diversity

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/i-went-to-the-ukip-diversity-carnival-and-it-was-a-total-dis

Hard to argue with this kind of logic:
Meanwhile this UKIP candidate emerges from the scrum. She tells BuzzFeed she left Labour because it moved to the right under Tony Blair and UKIP is now the only party for her.

Still, was encouraged to see people giving out leaflets at the train station this morning saying "Vote no to UKIP" from http://www.hopenothate.org.uk

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2014, 10:18:25 am »
Canvassing yesterday evening and was stunned by the number of people who said they were go to vote UKIP...........mainly because they agree with their policies!

Some scary results due in on Friday morning methinks.
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2014, 11:15:23 am »
I am surprised that people on here are surprised at their popularity. The so called "gaffs" whilst some are obvious some are definitely done on purpose, this then gives the impression that they are not stage managed, PR obsessed, stay on message, focus groups led cardboard cutout Oxbridge educated career politicians who have been coached to within an inch of their lives, never underestimate how pissed off the electorate are at the power hungry shower we have had in recent years. I still think it will be mainly protest votes and come the general elevtion next year we will return to the bland, beige status quo, that doesn't mean that Labour should not learn from their populist approach. Continually shouting them down reeks of bullying and the Great British public don't like to see the underdog walked over, even if said underdog is despicable.

Also, unless you are in a low paid job/unskilled job then I find it very bizarre to preach to people on here who have seen real deterioration of their circumstances (not just money but hours, T&Cs, training, ousting of unions from the workplace, overtime issues, H&S, career prospects, working conditions etc.)  and suffer directly from the effect of the influx of unskilled/low-skilled workers.
We have and always will have immigration but to say the EU has not increased the problems for the low skilled/unskilled is not true as far as I am hearing. Jack Straw (who I cannot stand) has admitted errors were made in immmigration strategy so we should think through our strategy and not go for the easy solution. I know the Australian model has been mentioned but don't know enough of the detail to comment.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2014, 11:44:04 am »
Also, unless you are in a low paid job/unskilled job then I find it very bizarre to preach to people on here who have seen real deterioration of their circumstances (not just money but hours, T&Cs, training, ousting of unions from the workplace, overtime issues, H&S, career prospects, working conditions etc.)  and suffer directly from the effect of the influx of unskilled/low-skilled workers.

How does voting for a far-right party help low paid workers? A party run as a personal fiefdom by a private school educated City investment banker. When the first thing they'll do if they ever got out of the EU would be to remove the few workers rights that are left.

UKIP are just a British version of far right / tea party US republicans - "bullshitting the poor to profit the rich". For "god, guns and gays" read "Poles, Romanians and Bulgarians"....

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »
How does voting for a far-right party help low paid workers?
Where did I say it would help them ?

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2014, 12:46:07 pm »
Canvassing yesterday evening and was stunned by the number of people who said they were go to vote UKIP...........mainly because they agree with their policies!

Well in times of economic hardship, people always look for "the other" to blame for all of their ills.
Many people have genuine concerns regarding jobs, housing and their future....that's when the likes of UKIP come in and  play on those fears and blame it all on the foreigners and whip up a nationalistic and xenophobic atmosphere.

It's annoying that people fall for it really.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2014, 01:21:14 pm »

People had the same worries during the last Euro elections with the BNP and even though they got a couple of seats they are in obscurity now. It'll be the same with UKIP. Its more of a wakeup call for the 3 main parties.

Can see UKIP being he 2nd/3rd party in some areas but in a few years they will go the way of the BNP

The media/UKIP themselves are doing a pretty good job making them look like fools

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2014, 01:30:53 pm »
Frightens me that even one person would vote UKIP to be honest.

This voting based on characters or which way the tabloids swing simply needs to stop, the whole political culture in this country is almost as fucked as it is in the states. It makes my skin crawl to think we live in a country of such ignorance.

This also highlights to me why this EU referendum can NEVER happen. It would throw this country back to the dark ages if we were to leave the EU. The EU has been vital in our city's resurgence over the past 20 years, without EU funding Liverpool would be a very different place.

The problem is that the man on the street isn't educated or doesn't want to be educated on exactly what the EU brings in terms of funding, they're just told that "we don't make the laws anymore" and that the immigrants are coming.

It's true to say that hard times lead to poor electoral decisions but I always had more faith in the man on the street in this country. My disenchantment with the idea of "Britain" will be complete if these animals ever get near power.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 21, 2014, 02:23:05 pm »

It's true to say that hard times lead to poor electoral decisions but I always had more faith in the man on the street in this country. My disenchantment with the idea of "Britain" will be complete if these animals ever get near power.

Although they are a vast minority, I think there are more bigots, xenophobes and racists in Britain than we'd like to think.
They'll never be in government in the UK (I hope) but the far right has been on the rise across Europe for the last 5-6 years. Channel 4 did a great piece several months ago and it was pretty eye opening and very disturbing and all essentially because of the economy and unemployment in those countries.

We won't tolerate the militia style fascists seen in Europe or even openly racist Parties like the BNP, but something like UKIP which focuses primarily on Europe and immigration (which all 3 main parties ate talking about more and more now)s a very sly, manipulative way of getting that ilk of people in power.
A huge percentage, perhaps majority have concerns with Europe and because of the Disinformation out there,  People are worried and scared and UKIP just prey on those fears and ramp up anti-European sentiment.

I do feel the majority of people still wouldn't vote for the likes of BNP/UKIP but with all of the undecided voters and all of the hate for corrupt politicians and the political establishment in general, there is always a possibility.... and quite frankly that troubles me.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:19:24 pm by johnsmithlfc »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2014, 05:18:20 pm »
I'm not particularly worried about UKIP in all honesty, I doubt they will win a seat at next years general election and even if they win the European one I don't see what they can do. I've no idea what powers the Euro Parl has (if any) and it's not as if they can privatise the NHS from Brussels.

That goes for all parties really, can anyone explain to me why these elections matter in any way at all?

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2014, 06:30:36 pm »
I'm not particularly worried about UKIP in all honesty, I doubt they will win a seat at next years general election and even if they win the European one I don't see what they can do. I've no idea what powers the Euro Parl has (if any) and it's not as if they can privatise the NHS from Brussels.

That goes for all parties really, can anyone explain to me why these elections matter in any way at all?

They'd probably follow a US Republican model, gang up with other like minded or anti-EU right wing parties and aim to just stifle things by preventing legislation/discussions/anything from passing. If they can stop things from getting done then that'll make them happy and screw the rest of us.

If you don't know powers MEPs have and think the election/they are unimportant then maybe you should research them and learn?

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2014, 06:04:41 am »
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/21/ukip-twitter-trending_n_5363700.html?1400670691

If there is one thing us Brits do well, it's sarcasm. So, it's not surprising that the internet has united to unceremoniously hijack the hashtag #WhyImVotingUkip.

Nigel Frottage and co. appeared to be very popular on Twitter Wednesday morning, with multitudes taking to their keyboards to voice why they would be voting for the Eurosceptic party.

But upon closer inspection, social media users didn't appear to be explaining too seriously why Ukip have the edge over other parties.

It does appear the hashtag was intended to promote the party, with those posting early on seemingly keeping a more serious tone.

But it rapidly descended into farce and, a day before the European elections, the Twitter trend has spectacularly backfired on the party.

It was like the ill-fated Ukip carnival all over again...

A small sample:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WhyImVotingUkip&src=tyah

@WestHam_Central 9h
#WhyImVotingUkip I don't want immigrants wearing turbans when they could be hiding Voldemort on the other side.. pic.twitter.com/1QwJrgKjBk

@AngieDhak 5h
Because I want Jose Mourino to piss off back to Portugal #WhyImVotingUkip

@AmandaRosenberg 5h
#WhyImVotingUKIP Because I'm mixed race and I want to know which half of me gets to stay. I hope it's the left half.

@jamesjammcmahon 11h
#WhyImVotingUkip Because I'm worried black people will start breeding with gay people and we'll create a master race of amazing dancers

@ICimmi 7h
#WhyImVotingUkip because results day is coming up and I wanna send my dad back before he sends me back

@jamesjammcmahon 11h
#WhyImVotingUkip Because I'm worried that Muslims will force me to practice Shakira Law, and my breasts are small and humble

@CaptainGarry 2h
#WhyImVotingUkip because I'm sick of Foreigner, taking our jobs, shagging our birds, demanding to know what love is.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:10:21 am by Rob K »
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2014, 08:19:33 am »
So I went to vote today, and the ballot paper was about two foot long.

It was just packed with racist parties.

Never heard of most of them, but terribly terribly sad to see such bigotry taking hold.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2014, 08:34:34 am »
....It's annoying that people fall for it really.

Probably because they want to as it's the easiest option and doesn't require too much thought.

Unfortunately, the blame the foreigners for all our ills type of myths are extraordinary things and are pernicious enough that once they are fixed in peoples imaginations can often defy logic and any evidence to disprove them.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2014, 09:03:47 am »
Probably because they want to as it's the easiest option and doesn't require too much thought.

Unfortunately, the blame the foreigners for all our ills type of myths are extraordinary things and are pernicious enough that once they are fixed in peoples imaginations can often defy logic and any evidence to disprove them.

It's so powerful that it lead Germany to vote in the Nazis who then industrially killed millions of people who were "different"
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2014, 09:06:57 am »
Fuck UKIP

That is all...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2014, 09:29:56 am »

Yes.

I do sometimes wonder if all the darkest periods of Human history could be reduced to and summed up as all just being attempts by a society at deflection of their own failings and responsibilities in order to apportion all the blame on the folk who live on the other side of the hill.

History has shown us that 'It's not your fault you are in the shit, it's the fault of someone else' is undoubtedly a powerful message that has attractions for many and I do think the current apparent popularity of UKIP and others of that persuasion is because that message is primarily the easy option and avoids many people examining their own failings too closely.

However I still think UKIP is most likely a 1922 inspired plot to try and force the hand of the Tory Party into adopting even more right wing and specifically anti-EU policies.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2014, 10:11:16 am »

Never heard of most of them, but terribly terribly sad to see such bigotry taking hold.

Which party's are you talking about?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2014, 01:25:23 pm »

Yep, in Yorkshire there's the following:

BNP
English Democrats
UKIP
NO2EU
Yorkshire First
UK Independence NOW

And then the fucking Tories. It's a fucking worry...

If it's anything like my European paper there's An Independence from Europe, BNP, UKIP, English Nationalists, Conservatives, Send the Buggers Back and the Enoch Powell Appreciation Society.

Well quite. At least they'll all take votes off each other...

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2014, 02:39:28 pm »

BNP
English Democrats
UKIP
NO2EU
Yorkshire First
UK Independence NOW

In Derbyshire you can add to the above : An Independence from Europe Party and the Harmony Party......................singing fascists presumably.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2014, 02:42:10 pm »
Just saw as I voted that one of my Borough Councillors, elected 3 years ago as a Lib-Dem, resigned their whip and became an Independent and is now UKIP.

So I've had a Lib-Dem, an Independent and now a UKIP councillor without an election. WTF?

This can't be right can it.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2014, 03:03:13 pm »

BNP
English Democrats
UKIP
NO2EU
Yorkshire First
UK Independence NOW

NO2EU is a trade union backed party. The right wing don't have the monopoly on Eurosceptiscm.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2014, 03:14:40 pm »
NO2EU is a trade union backed party. The right wing don't have the monopoly on Eurosceptiscm.

Also I don't know much about them but a quick google of Yorkshire First suggests they are a centrist party with the aim of getting more powers devolved to Yorkshire and are pro-EU and seemingly have no position on immigration.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2014, 03:19:06 pm »
Just saw as I voted that one of my Borough Councillors, elected 3 years ago as a Lib-Dem, resigned their whip and became an Independent and is now UKIP.

So I've had a Lib-Dem, an Independent and now a UKIP councillor without an election. WTF?

Fast tracking to Europe via UKIP and they make shed loads of money for doing diddly squat. They don't even have to attend the European parliament, as we've learnt from Frottage.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2014, 03:23:58 pm »
It's scary the level of support UKIP are getting, mainly through ignorance and misinformation. They seem favourites to win today.

Had a family member who was considering voting UKIP, as he was sick of the major parties, I clued him in on some of their policies and he was disgusted he even considered voting for them.

Hoping UKIP achieves nothing but splitting the tory vote and keeping them both out. Green party has to be the way forward
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2014, 03:33:29 pm »
Yes.

I do sometimes wonder if all the darkest periods of Human history could be reduced to and summed up as all just being attempts by a society at deflection of their own failings and responsibilities in order to apportion all the blame on the folk who live on the other side of the hill.

History has shown us that 'It's not your fault you are in the shit, it's the fault of someone else' is undoubtedly a powerful message that has attractions for many and I do think the current apparent popularity of UKIP and others of that persuasion is because that message is primarily the easy option and avoids many people examining their own failings too closely.

However I still think UKIP is most likely a 1922 inspired plot to try and force the hand of the Tory Party into adopting even more right wing and specifically anti-EU policies.
That's pretty much the sum of UKIP...
It's the dross that trail in their wake that are more worrying.
W

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2014, 03:54:54 pm »
Yes.

Bang on the money, the only thing I would add is that some of UKIP started that way as disenchanted tories but they are a party in their own right now. And they love the money, publicity and attention they get. And they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't have much time as I'm busy at work but I do fear some people reading this might have voted UKIP, or think about voting for them. They are scum. There's no other word for it. They are hypocritical, racist, homophobic, sexist bigots who will do nothing for the poor. They have disgusting views on the disabled, the ill, the NHS and the weak in society. Fear is a poor salesman's tactic. Don't give in.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2014, 04:43:39 pm »
I was listening in on a conversation going on in work today; Indian lad, who thinks arl Frottage is spot on and in fact, I quote “talks a hell of a lot of sense. He says things you won’t hear those other politicians saying and he’s not afraid to tell it like it is. He’s a good bloke”. That’s word for word.

I stopped listening to the conversation at that point, stuck me headphones back on and listened to some Rimsky Korsakov in a vain attempt to cheer myself up and not think about what I had just heard and what it means.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2014, 05:10:19 pm »

I was listening in on a conversation going on in work today; Indian lad, who thinks arl Frottage is spot on and in fact, I quote “talks a hell of a lot of sense. He says things you won’t hear those other politicians saying and he’s not afraid to tell it like it is. He’s a good bloke”. That’s word for word.

I stopped listening to the conversation at that point, stuck me headphones back on and listened to some Rimsky Korsakov in a vain attempt to cheer myself up and not think about what I had just heard and what it means.
if you watch gogglebox theres a a family on there that look to have foreign blood in them, and they said pretty much the same thing. Dont know if they they agree with Frottage just so in a way then seem like they are fitting in with this apparent culture. I remember just heaing them saying it and thought fucking hell.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2014, 06:23:22 pm »

No, it can't. It never sits right with me when that happens, and personally I think there should be a rule that an elected MP or councillor should not be able to switch parties and still stay in their seat, I think there should have to be a by-election.

That rule may exist for MPs, I'm not sure. It definitely doesn't with local councils though as you say.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 22, 2014, 07:20:11 pm »
Some posters in here who like to trot out the old 'that's how the Nazi's started' line would do well to take a good look at some of the stuff recently posted in this thread. It's like a fucking witch-hunt with all and sundry being labelled bigoted and racist. The irony is fucking astonishing.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2014, 07:33:55 pm »
Some posters in here who like to trot out the old 'that's how the Nazi's started' line would do well to take a good look at some of the stuff recently posted in this thread. It's like a fucking witch-hunt with all and sundry being labelled bigoted and racist. The irony is fucking astonishing.

The UKIP are rascist, misogynist and bigotted

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2014, 09:07:56 pm »

Yeah because calling out racists,  homophobes, misogynists & bigots is just like the Nazis....what?

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2014, 10:47:21 pm »
it's not as if they can privatise the NHS from Brussels.

Tell that to the NHA party. If the EU pass the TTIP agreement in its current form, private healthcare companies will be able to successfully sue the British Government if they change laws/regulation that disadvantages their profits. Not a problem until you consider that the Tories are in charge and will happily sell it all off, then Labour or whoever will NEVER be able to change it back without leaving the EU. Same goes with every other public service. Because of Brussels.

Yep. I ended up voting for them after reading up about them. However, the name is terrible. Maybe they're trying to steal a few votes from lazy racists. Probably a wasted vote anyway, they won't get a seat and worse still people like me voting for them rather than Labour or Green might let Griffin in again. But I voted with my conscience as I want to see the same kind of values in a European Union as they espouse. For me it isn't about who is travelling on the EU train, or who is getting on or getting off. It's about who's driving it and who owns it. They're the fuckers I don't trust and I doubt whether many of them are Polish or Romanian.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2014, 11:52:57 pm »
Looks like UKIP will do fantastically well tonight.

Perhaps if their opponents had spent the last few months taking them seriously and tackling their arguments head on, as opposed to sneering at them, and generally taking the piss (as many on this thread have been doing) they might have been more effective in stopping them.

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2014, 12:28:25 am »

Yeah because calling out racists,  homophobes, misogynists & bigots is just like the Nazis....what?

It's a fucking joke. Everyone falling over themselves to take the moral high-ground and condemn everyone who doesn't share their viewpoint as a fucking racist. "Ooooohhh, look, there's a party in the elections with EU in their name, they must be racist, xenophobic twats. And look, there's one with 'Yorkshire' in their name...fucking bigotted scum". Never mind they've never heard of them before and haven't got the first clue about what they stand for, just label them racist eh? Who are the real bigots here? Same old faces in this thread banging on about people being mis-informed and ignorant but it's o.k to generalise and lump everyone else into a racist stereotype without doing a bit of fucking research.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2014, 12:35:55 am »
Looks like UKIP will do fantastically well tonight.

Perhaps if their opponents had spent the last few months taking them seriously and tackling their arguments head on, as opposed to sneering at them, and generally taking the piss (as many on this thread have been doing) they might have been more effective in stopping them.

What arguments? "IMMIGRANTS IMMIGRANTS IMMIGRANTS" isn't an argument, it's scaremongering.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2014, 12:39:41 am »
It's a fucking joke. Everyone falling over themselves to take the moral high-ground and condemn everyone who doesn't share their viewpoint as a fucking racist. "Ooooohhh, look, there's a party in the elections with EU in their name, they must be racist, xenophobic twats. And look, there's one with 'Yorkshire' in their name...fucking bigotted scum". Never mind they've never heard of them before and haven't got the first clue about what they stand for, just label them racist eh? Who are the real bigots here? Same old faces in this thread banging on about people being mis-informed and ignorant but it's o.k to generalise and lump everyone else into a racist stereotype without doing a bit of fucking research.

Well I can't speak for anyone but myself but most of what I've read about UKIP in the thread and those attacking the party and the  extremely nasty and extreme views that several of their members have been coming out with recently is spot on.

I agree its not good to generalise and just because another party is anti EU, doesn't mean they're racist.
And not everyone voting UKIP holds extremist or racist views
But UKIP as a party is abhorrent and the people in the party and running the party hold some utterly backwards, outdated and frankly disgraceful views.

I don't like it but I can forgive a protest vote for UKIP.
If however, people vote for UKIP knowing full well what they are and the views and ideals they truly espouse, then bollocks, if it walks like a duck and quacks ...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:41:20 am by johnsmithlfc »