Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - Real Madrid 3 FT  (Read 91846 times)

Offline Dabudah

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 0 - Real Madrid 3 FT
« Reply #1040 on: October 23, 2014, 03:29:36 am »
The keeper is a crucial part of the defense and while we have Mignolet we will continue to be suspect. 

The best keepers out there command the area, if a ball is crossed they will pile through both their own and opposition players to get to it, they'll happily put their fist through someones head if it means they can get to the ball on the other side, which in turn puts a fear into attacking players who risk their wellbeing as 14st of fury bears down on them with a clenched fist leaving them with a choice of greeting it with their head or pulling out, either way there's a doubt in their mind.  Mignolet doesn't do this, he doesn't put a fear into attacking players, he backs off to his line hoping one of the defenders can usher it away or he takes a very timid swipe which leaves him completely out of position if he misses leading to the goal mouth scrambles we've been victim to a few times this season, he very rarely takes a player out attacking the ball and certain there won't be a player out there worried about taking him on in the air.  His unwilling or inability to control the area means there's extra pressure on the defenders to clear and law of averages means more chance of them being beaten to the ball.  No matter what defensive partnership you have if the keeper is weak then the whole defense is weak because their workload, responsibility and potential for error is increased. I'm not even going to start with his slow distribution.

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
« Reply #1041 on: October 23, 2014, 03:40:37 am »
Sorry but the bit in black is just pure stupidity or you just woke up of a comma

Before our 2nd place finish Liverpool were 7th, 6th, 8th & 7th.
Going back "15 years" as you suggest does not give an indication of the level of squad that Brendan Rodgers inherited.
Therefore I am neither stupid nor trapped in punctuation.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: October 23, 2014, 03:41:47 am »
You make many good points but on this point I would have to disagree. We should be ashamed at being trounced like that.

My point was more that we need to stop focusing on losing a match to, maybe, the best team in the world, and focus on our fundamental issue. Right now what level of football do you think we would play before we got a clean sheet? Certainly not Champions League or Premiership. Championship? League 1? League 2? Non League? Pub team?
I am not saying we wouldn't beat those teams, but at what standard of football would you not be facing the basic stuff that we utterly fall apart over?
I don't even believe this is just last season's defending without the attack to balance it out. I think we have regressed considerably, and I don't expect Rodgers to drop Skrtel or Lovren, so we don't have a magic personnel answer. I also don't think Rodgers would for one second entertain the idea of bringing in an outsider to coach them. He has a way of coaching and a team that works with him, as facilitators of what he wants, rather than guys bringing their own coaching style. He isn't changing that without it being forced on him, which again won't happen.
So this gets fixed on the training field by Rodgers or not at all.
He is a fantastic young coach, and he deserves our faith and respect. But he is being helped out, in both the league and CL, by other results stopping us being in terrible positions already. That won't, indeed it can't, last. We have to improve and it has to start pretty soon or we'll be being dumped into, and then out of, the Europa League and finishing 7th before you know it, and I am not sure how FSG will react after such a big summer of player recruitment.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1043 on: October 23, 2014, 03:52:35 am »
Haven't seen Uruguay36, what's his take on the game?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: October 23, 2014, 03:59:14 am »
I fucking hate football fans

:D

I'm glad RAWK is the way it is because I don't think I could cope with a Rodgers out thread. It's only murmurs of discontent in here thankfully. And yes, people have the right to be discontent. But I bet there's whoppers everywhere fully entertaining that ridiculous notion.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1045 on: October 23, 2014, 04:04:46 am »
How annoying is it that we were banging in goals from set-pieces for fun last year and now when we're really struggling, it's just not happening? Like, not even close.

It's a cop out to blame them but when you think back to our tough games last season, we really did come through with those type of goals. Either to get us rolling or to keep us in the game. I'm aware this is a pointless thing to rant about, but blah.
I think it comes down to not having a full week to prepare for each and every game. When you have 5-6 days per game you can afford the luxury of spending 6 hours perfecting set-piece routines, but that becomes impossible when you have CL footie.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1046 on: October 23, 2014, 04:10:01 am »

It begins with S and ends with Z.

And in the middle somewhere there's a sound that distinctly resembles the cries of an two year-old who has just had his (or her) dummy robbed off him by the Cat.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: October 23, 2014, 04:15:16 am »

He was interviewing a certain South American on his take on the game. However he didn't catch the game as he was playing on the playstation as Barca.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1048 on: October 23, 2014, 04:17:49 am »
I thought the formation and tactics were absolutely fine. Johnson and Henderson had clearly worked on doubling-up on Ronaldo together, forcing Ronaldo to go to the right wing after a while where Moreno and Allen repelled him, before he finally tried his luck down the middle for the goal, for which there's only so much you can do against a player like him.

After the 1-0 goal Real hand the upper hand and with players like Kroos and Modric who can play keep-ball for 90 minutes between themselves it was always going to be tough.

The only real issue is how we defend set-pieces and crosses, mainly the 2nd phases. The 2nd phase is how QPR scored their 1st goal, and exactly how Real scored their 2nd today, and is clearly a problem that needs a lot of work.

So, the formation and tactics were absolutely fine unless they scored, then? What sense does that make, mate?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: October 23, 2014, 04:19:40 am »
I think it comes down to not having a full week to prepare for each and every game. When you have 5-6 days per game you can afford the luxury of spending 6 hours perfecting set-piece routines, but that becomes impossible when you have CL footie.

So, which part of this was a surprise to BR? Did he not realize that he would have a lot less time on the training ground to work on things that needed work this season?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline ocecynwa

• Kopite
« Reply #1050 on: October 23, 2014, 04:24:52 am »
There's no shame in losing to Real Madrid, but there should be shame in losing the way we did. The comical defending continues, Skrtel should be dropped until he learns how to defend a set piece/cross. If we ever see Johnson play for us again it will be too soon. He showed how much he cared when he just watched Benzema score the second goal. And why always Balotelli? Maybe because you've been playing like crap for 3 months and you swapped shirts with one of the biggest pricks in football.
Remember when we used to sing "we've got the best midfield in the world'? Not so much anymore.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: October 23, 2014, 04:25:00 am »

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1052 on: October 23, 2014, 04:27:04 am »
So, the formation and tactics were absolutely fine unless they scored, then? What sense does that make, mate?
I was making the point that the formation and tactics wasn't the problem. We were clearly matching them in the first 20 minutes. Once they scored they didn't have to go forward as relentlessly and so Kroos and Modric could just control the game instead.

At some point you've just got to put your hands up and congratulate the other team for being great. You can use any number of tactics and that Real Madrid team is going to dominate the game regardless. Even Pep's Bayern got completely dismantled by them ffs, and with that in mind I thought we did ok under the circumstances of not having our first-choice striker available.

So, which part of this was a surprise to BR? Did he not realize that he would have a lot less time on the training ground to work on things that needed work this season?
So you're gonna hold the fact that we have midweek games against BR now? Maybe he should have finished 7th instead of 2nd then...

Any manager with midweek games would have less time to prepare compared to a season without CL or EL football. You can't blame him for not spending as much time on attacking set-piece routines when he's having to get 9 new players settled into our playing style and sorting out the defense as well. Cut him some slack!

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: October 23, 2014, 04:31:33 am »
Lost the game right then and there.

Looks like he's just made up to be there with such a manic reaction. Along with some of the others laughing and joking around with Ronaldo & co, it was all a bit too nice and polite, when it should have been hell for them. A few more interested in getting a fucking shirt on their wall.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:34:22 am by Bunter »

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: October 23, 2014, 04:34:56 am »
I was making the point that the formation and tactics wasn't the problem. We were clearly matching them in the first 20 minutes. Once they scored they didn't have to go forward as relentlessly and so Kroos and Modric could just control the game instead.

At some point you've just got to put your hands up and congratulate the other team for being great. You can use any number of tactics and that Real Madrid team is going to dominate the game regardless. Even Pep's Bayern got completely dismantled by them ffs, and with that in mind I thought we did ok under the circumstances of not having our first-choice striker available.
So you're gonna hold the fact that we have midweek games against BR now? Maybe he should have finished 7th instead of 2nd then...

Any manager with midweek games would have less time to prepare compared to a season without CL or EL football. You can't blame him for not spending as much time on attacking set-piece routines when he's having to get 9 new players settled into our playing style and sorting out the defense as well. Cut him some slack!

How am I holding the fact that we have midweek games against BR? You brought up the lack of adequate time between games to work on set-pieces, etc. I asked a relatively straightforward question. You want to use the fact that we have midweek games as an excuse (or perhaps just an explanation) for our not being that good on set-pieces. Is the fact we have midweek games some sort of sudden exogenous shock? Was it not known to BR et al when we finished 2nd in the league at the end of last season?

As to the formation and tactics not being 'the problem': What is the basis for your judgment/opinion? It took them a little while to score their first goal? I just don't get it, honestly, that's why I asked what sense it made. In response, you just repeated what you had said previously. I am not a moron, my reading comprehension is pretty good. I don't need to be told the same stuff twice.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline DominicQ

• Kopite
« Reply #1055 on: October 23, 2014, 04:36:20 am »
We lost the game because Rodgers was happy to see one of the best managers of all time? Jesus Christ, is he supposed to bare his bollocks and stare him out?

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1056 on: October 23, 2014, 04:39:29 am »
Hello guys, I am a Madrid fan writing from Spain. I would like to share my point of view . First of all sorry for my english.I will write my honest opinion so sorry if you are upset for some of my comments.
First of all, for Madrid and spanish fans was great to visit Anfield, 15 champions league at the field,however...according to your own comments it seems that you are a second class team.
Brendan Rodgers is a great manager, he proposes a nice football, you must stick to him, anyway, if i read well the club has spent around 150 million pounds/200 million euros. If Real Madrid spends that and later we have to see that crap you can be sure that the manager would be gone the next day and probably some players in the next transfer market. It´s something that i can´t understand in british football , you are too friendly,kind and accomodating with players, managers and board. It´s easy to read comments saying "they need time...", "it´s a project..", " they are new in the club and the country...". It´s like Bale, he was great his first year here, but in case that was bad, i don´t care if he is new in the country or the team, he earn a lot and plays in Madrid, if he can´t deal with that he should be gone in June.Many of your players are not good enough to play for Liverpool according to your history as a club.In my opinion you can be a good supporter being tough and demanding.
The excuse "was one of the best teams in the world" is not good, Ludogorets was a very hard game for Madrid and I didn´t even know the team a month ago.
The chants and the atmosphere is fantastic but I think (and sorry) that you are a bit obsessed with the YNWA. Sometimes , like today, players need to get a shout from their own fans, to force them to bite to the opposite team. As someone said, Kroos and Modric didn´t sweat, but Liverpool players did? instead your players  looked like fans, expecting the match to end to demand an autograph..come on!, they are playing in Liverpool, you should remind them.
About players...I don´t know why the controversy with Balotelli swapping the shirt, everybody does that here, the controversy should be totally focused about his attitude. He should be left out of the team for months, in the same way that City did with Tevez.
I also read here and I agree that your defense is good individually but not as a unit.
Henderson/Allen/Gerrard are not good enough to be a premier league real candidate. Sorry for this, but Gerrard became extremely slow.Sometimes legends (we had the problem with Raul) like him become a problem and not a solution when they are getting old. I would start looking for top midfielders. 20 millions pounds for Lallana? that is far too much.Everybody talks bad about Johnson year after year but he is still playing...and about the striker...the same..Sturridge is ok but not good enough to win Premier league if you compare his skills with Falcao/Van Persie/Costa.At least he is better than Arsenal strikers.
Good luck for the future, I am looking forward to see the team winning Premier League

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: October 23, 2014, 04:42:43 am »
We lost the game because Rodgers was happy to see one of the best managers of all time? Jesus Christ, is he supposed to bare his bollocks and stare him out?
He's supposed to be going to war with the guy. He's just star struck. Plenty of time to kiss his ass after the war.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: October 23, 2014, 04:45:38 am »
Probably the most complete performance by an opponent at Anfield I've ever seen. They were just way too good for us today. We were lucky it wasn't more.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: October 23, 2014, 04:49:17 am »
Balotelli being lynched tonight. How predictable.

Jamie Redknapp, Souness and now Carragher ... Nauseating.

IF he was swopping shirts at half time, nah fuck that....

'If a man..who's playing in front of a public, is being well paid, and he dose'nt dedicate himself to the job, I'd be hard on him. If I could I would put him in jail! Out the road of society. Because he's a menace'

He can fuck right off.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1060 on: October 23, 2014, 04:49:37 am »
How am I holding the fact that we have midweek games against BR? You brought up the lack of adequate time between games to work on set-pieces, etc. I asked a relatively straightforward question. You want to use the fact that we have midweek games as an excuse (or perhaps just an explanation) for our not being that good on set-pieces. Is the fact we have midweek games some sort of sudden exogenous shock? Was it not known to BR et al when we finished 2nd in the league at the end of last season?

As to the formation and tactics not being 'the problem': What is the basis for your judgment/opinion? It took them a little while to score their first goal? I just don't get it, honestly, that's why I asked what sense it made. In response, you just repeated what you had said previously. I am not a moron, my reading comprehension is pretty good. I don't need to be told the same stuff twice.
Ugh... i hate when posts on here become combative battles of opinion for no reason.

Firstly, it isn't a SHOCK that there is less time between games to prepare, and I was simply stating the fact that there is less time to work on set pieces, which is why we score less goals from set-pieces. Simple. No matter what way you want to spin it, BR will have less time to work on set-pieces. You can call that whatever you want - an excuse, explanation, story, saga, I don't care, its a simple fact.

Secondly, the basis is that we matched them initially, meaning that BR's tactics were correct. With a better striker we could have scored early on, and no one would have said that it was against the balance of play. We didn't concede the goals because of tactics - rather one was Ronaldo being Ronaldo, and the other was stupid individual mistakes - it wouldn't have mattered if we played 433, 442, 415, 811, 343, those goals would have been conceded from the set-pieces and crosses anyways.

Anyways, this seems like a petty, circular, and aimless discussion that seems to have struck a chord with you for some reason unknown to me, so this is the last I'm going to say on this.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:53:07 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline crasher1in

• Kopite
  • he who hesitates, masturbates
« Reply #1061 on: October 23, 2014, 04:52:40 am »
I wish we had kept agger and sold toure.

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: October 23, 2014, 04:54:08 am »
Ugh... i hate when posts on here become combative battles of opinion for no reason.

Firstly, it isn't a SHOCK that there is less time between games to prepare, and I was simply stating the fact that there is less time to work on set pieces, which is why we score less goals from set-pieces. Simple. No matter what way you want to spin it, BR will have less time to work on set-pieces. You can call that whatever you want - an excuse, explanation, story, saga, I don't care, its a simple fact.

Secondly, the basis is that we matched them initially, meaning that BR's tactics were correct. With a better striker we could have scored early on, and no one would have said that it was against the balance of play.

Anyways, this seems like a petty, circular, and aimless discussion that seems to have struck a chord with you for some reason unknown to me, so this is the last I'm going to say on this.

Mate, forgive me, you are making it combative. That was not my intention. I apologize if I gave you that impression.

And, let's get one thing straight: if you answer the way you just did, you're doing NOTHING to ensure that there's no combativeness. I've gone out of my way NOT to antagonize you. If you're itching for a fight, that can be arranged.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
« Reply #1063 on: October 23, 2014, 04:57:11 am »

Agger wanted to leave mate, we did the right thing for him and his family by letting him leave. We just need to acknowledge his service to our club and move on

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: October 23, 2014, 05:00:07 am »
......If you're itching for a fight, that can be arranged.

Behave lad for fucks sake.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline creed111

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1065 on: October 23, 2014, 05:00:20 am »
In fairness it could have easily been 3-2 or even 2-2 at half time. We worked the ball beautifully to get Allen that chance, where his shot was dragged barely wide of Casillas' post. It's just the classic case of the clinical versus the not. Benzema's first and Ronaldo's finishes were outstanding, but that 3rd should never have been conceded. Plus Coutinho's rocket off the post

My biggest complaint is Balotelli not slotting the ball to Sterling at the 1:30 mark. Our pressing/energy forces Isco into a give away, which we pounce on. Balotelli is running at their stretched backline and Arbeloa is 1v1 with Sterling and Balo could have either played it behind Alvaro for a shot on goal for Raheem. Or, if he wasn't confident in that pass, he also had the much safer pass in front of Arbeloa that still would have allowed Sterling to take on Alvaro 1v1 and create. Instead Balo does a lethargic cut back into traffic, allowing Isco to tackle the ball back.

The biggest point is how when Isco gave it away, he sprinted and hounded Balotelli to rectify his mistake. When Balo lost it on the other hand, he proceeded to just stand there
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

- Tyrion

Offline liverressie

• Main Stander
« Reply #1066 on: October 23, 2014, 05:01:09 am »
Hello guys, I am a Madrid fan writing from Spain. I would like to share my point of view . First of all sorry for my english.I will write my honest opinion so sorry if you are upset for some of my comments.
First of all, for Madrid and spanish fans was great to visit Anfield, 15 champions league at the field,however...according to your own comments it seems that you are a second class team.
Brendan Rodgers is a great manager, he proposes a nice football, you must stick to him, anyway, if i read well the club has spent around 150 million pounds/200 million euros. If Real Madrid spends that and later we have to see that crap you can be sure that the manager would be gone the next day and probably some players in the next transfer market. It´s something that i can´t understand in british football , you are too friendly,kind and accomodating with players, managers and board. It´s easy to read comments saying "they need time...", "it´s a project..", " they are new in the club and the country...". It´s like Bale, he was great his first year here, but in case that was bad, i don´t care if he is new in the country or the team, he earn a lot and plays in Madrid, if he can´t deal with that he should be gone in June.Many of your players are not good enough to play for Liverpool according to your history as a club.In my opinion you can be a good supporter being tough and demanding.
The excuse "was one of the best teams in the world" is not good, Ludogorets was a very hard game for Madrid and I didn´t even know the team a month ago.
The chants and the atmosphere is fantastic but I think (and sorry) that you are a bit obsessed with the YNWA. Sometimes , like today, players need to get a shout from their own fans, to force them to bite to the opposite team. As someone said, Kroos and Modric didn´t sweat, but Liverpool players did? instead your players  looked like fans, expecting the match to end to demand an autograph..come on!, they are playing in Liverpool, you should remind them.
About players...I don´t know why the controversy with Balotelli swapping the shirt, everybody does that here, the controversy should be totally focused about his attitude. He should be left out of the team for months, in the same way that City did with Tevez.
I also read here and I agree that your defense is good individually but not as a unit.
Henderson/Allen/Gerrard are not good enough to be a premier league real candidate. Sorry for this, but Gerrard became extremely slow.Sometimes legends (we had the problem with Raul) like him become a problem and not a solution when they are getting old. I would start looking for top midfielders. 20 millions pounds for Lallana? that is far too much.Everybody talks bad about Johnson year after year but he is still playing...and about the striker...the same..Sturridge is ok but not good enough to win Premier league if you compare his skills with Falcao/Van Persie/Costa.At least he is better than Arsenal strikers.
Good luck for the future, I am looking forward to see the team winning Premier League

Bale didnt have a good start in Real Madrid too. And the difference in price tag between Balotelli, Markovic & Lallana against Bale is so significant.

Sometimes, you need to be more patient with your players if you do not have unlimited money (say the way that the government purchase a training ground from the club to finance the club).
We would have missed a lot of very good players if we are not patient enough, like Lucas, Hendo, Carra, Murphy, Maxi (even Suarez will be sold in his second season, who had a very low conversion rate and involved in several controversial events). Real Madrid missed several great players because of their impatient, too (i.e. Etoo. You must know better than me for this).

It is always easy to find some Scapegoats and blame on them but it is just not the culture of Liverpool (at least this is what I believe). We support the players and managers always. Not only in their highs but also in their lows. I think that's why we say "you'll never walk alone" instead of "you'll sometimes walk alone".

Anyway, thanks for your honest comments.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1067 on: October 23, 2014, 05:02:05 am »
Mate, forgive me, you are making it combative. That was not my intention. I apologize if I gave you that impression.

And, let's get one thing straight: if you answer the way you just did, you're doing NOTHING to ensure that there's no combativeness. I've gone out of my way NOT to antagonize you. If you're itching for a fight, that can be arranged.
I was responding to the sarcastic and inimical tone from your original email, mate

I'm going to politely decline your invitation to fight, in the nicest non-antagonistic way possible.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: October 23, 2014, 05:04:02 am »
Interesting that Ancelotti thought Balotelli was one of our players causing them problems yet he's been slaughtered by most on here.
Well, Ancelotti is only trying to defend an Italian player who was out there. He said he wasn't the worst on the field, and perhaps that is true, because he wasn't totally garbage in the first half. But Ancelotti only judges him based on those 45 minutes. Cannavaro also was quick to defend Balotelli tonight. It seems, all Italians are out to defend him. So that makes their opinion very biased.

Now, if you asked Ancelotti, how he would feel having a striker who scores once in every 8-10 games, he may answer it differently. Being not the worst on the pitch is OK, but not being the best in any of the matches is not OK, right? Not scoring in one game is OK, but not scoring in let's say 7-8 games is not OK as a striker, right? Being terrible with decision making, i.e. constantly shooting at defenders is OK for 45 minutes, but not OK if you have done that for the last 10 games and not scored, right?

These are simple things. Balotelli wasn't totally garbage. But you could have him out there for 100 more minutes, and he wouldn't have scored. So the question is, what's the point?

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: October 23, 2014, 05:08:25 am »

I think not. If anything it should be the other way round, a free is a free, a corner is a corner...that is not a new aspect of the game in a competitive match. That is drilled into every young player as soon as they lace up their size 5 boots. We cannot take corners, we cannot make free kicks an advantage because they are always the same kick in towards our centre backs despite their inability to head on goal. If a corner beats the first defender the goalie catches it, if it beats the goalie it goes out for a goal kick...it's been that way for years, with or without more games a week.

Notable for this and to a certain extent last season the dreaded topic of rotation has not been such an issue, injuries and all accepted but we practically bought a new team last Summer.

We bought talented footballers with all having pretty decent previous, an extra few days less of training should not be the the reason they cannot perform or at least try to show what they can do.

Inadvertibely that leaves us with another problem, if it's not the talented players we all know and sometimes love, where are the constant mistakes coming from?

Personally, this is just me, tonight was a tactical disaster. Balotelli was more on the wings trying to cross to Sterling, every Madrid defender had Sterling sussed. Coutinho had our best attempt running from deep through the middle, Gerrards' shot pretty much the same....can anyone tell me why Sterling was in the middle for most of the game?

Is there anyone on Earth that can explain our inability to take corners?

Rant over, at least as in Basel and soon Madrid I will have the possibilty to scream and shout at the team personally.
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline liverressie

• Main Stander
« Reply #1070 on: October 23, 2014, 05:08:49 am »
Agger wanted to leave mate, we did the right thing for him and his family by letting him leave. We just need to acknowledge his service to our club and move on

Agger wanted to leave because he wants to play and we didnt play him.

I think Lovern is a great player. Maybe as great as Skretel. However, both of them (may be together with Sakho) are playing with similar style. They are strong, they are good in tackling and heading and they come out often to challenge the opponents and they make careless mistakes often and sometimes they may be caught out of position. That's the problem of our defence now, player two similar style central back who are easily caught out of position without a good sweeper keeper.

That's why we suffered a lot without Agger, who likes to sit back a bit to cover for Skretel. 

To solve, our problem now, I guess we should start Toure more often as he is the right type of central back to partner with Skretel/Lovern/Sakho. 

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: October 23, 2014, 05:10:03 am »
Regarding Balotelli's shirt swap, Phil Thompson said -

“What is in his mind to do that? He’s having a difficult time as it is. I don’t care whether you’re playing for Liverpool or anybody, a second division club, you don’t do things like that. It’sdisrespectful. I just think that is absolutely dreadful from a Liverpool player.

“I think it’s disgraceful. I think it’s disrespectful to both players. If you’re swapping them, what’s the other guy thinking about? You as your own team and you’re giving away your shirt at half time, what is in his mind?

“He’s lucky to be wearing one (a shirt) tonight, to be playing, the way he’s been playing before. And he gives it away at half-time."

So that's Thommo, Carra, Redknapp and Souness - men who know what it is to represent the shirt who all agree that doing such a thing is totally out of order and that he was the wrong choice, was a panic buy and should never have been signed. Carra said he'd be surprised if Balotelli is still at the club next season.

And yet there are people on here who defend his performances, tell you he layed the ball off well tonight (woopy fucking do) and that Pepe asked him to swap shirts so he just HAD to, to be polite or something??

So these are the other points of view from pros. But apparently we have to accept Ancelotti's (and Cannavaro's) biased views regarding Balotelli, and not accept these people's.

I think Liverpool were much better with some of the interplay and movement in the second half in part because of Balotelli-sub. He wasn't terrible, but he is not participating in team game well. His pass to Allen aside, he wasted several good opportunities for passes, and other times, he just took a shot and hit defenders all the time. Defense is obviously the bigger problem at the moment for Liverpool, as Lovren is really cack right now, and Mignolet's having terrible time. But on the other end, you have a player who will not score a goal even if he plays 100 minutes every game.

People talk of Balotelli not missing any chances etc. Well, if he doesn't participate in team passing and moving game, if he doesn't make runs, how is he expecting to be on the end of a tap in every game? The 2 times he had tap in opportunities vs QPR he fucked up. It won't be coming to him easily like that all the time, especially if you are not mobile and if you want to shoot every time you get the ball.

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1072 on: October 23, 2014, 05:13:41 am »
Bale didnt have a good start in Real Madrid too. And the difference in price tag between Balotelli, Markovic & Lallana against Bale is so significant.

Sometimes, you need to be more patient with your players if you do not have unlimited money (say the way that the government purchase a training ground from the club to finance the club).
We would have missed a lot of very good players if we are not patient enough, like Lucas, Hendo, Carra, Murphy, Maxi (even Suarez will be sold in his second season, who had a very low conversion rate and involved in several controversial events). Real Madrid missed several great players because of their impatient, too (i.e. Etoo. You must know better than me for this).

It is always easy to find some Scapegoats and blame on them but it is just not the culture of Liverpool (at least this is what I believe). We support the players and managers always. Not only in their highs but also in their lows. I think that's why we say "you'll never walk alone" instead of "you'll sometimes walk alone".

Anyway, thanks for your honest comments.

I was expecting some reply about the government...at least you didnt write about the king or Franco :) . so, if tomorrow a sheik arrives to Liverpool with money to build a training ground like City..should I blame you for not being fair?.Besides, Madrid sold land in the best part of the capital..We do not have unlimited money.We spend a lot but we also sell a lot and don´t talk like a poor team after spending 150 million pounds, Chelsea and City were bad treated for spending so much in the past. You can be patient when you win but when the medals are not coming maybe is the time to get serious

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: October 23, 2014, 05:17:01 am »
We cannot take corners, we cannot make free kicks an advantage because they are always the same kick in towards our centre backs despite their inability to head on goal. If a corner beats the first defender the goalie catches it, if it beats the goalie it goes out for a goal kick...it's been that way for years, with or without more games a week.

That's the frustration mate. We could last season. We got an insane amount of goals from set-pieces. Do you really not remember?  ;D

Arsenal twice in the same game. Everton (in both games). Man Utd. Man City. Chelsea. It's deserted us.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:21:06 am by Bakez0151 »

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #1074 on: October 23, 2014, 05:23:13 am »
we were schooled pure and simple, the bigger more worrying question for me is after the all millions over the summer. why is it we've still only got 2 players (the cout and raheem) that would even get in their squad let alone 1st team?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:25:04 am by masterbaker »

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: October 23, 2014, 05:28:50 am »
we were schooled pure and simple, the bigger more worrying question for me is after the all millions over the summer. why is it we've still only got 2 players (the cout and raheem) that would even get in their squad let alone 1st team?

They are the European Cup winners to be fair mate.... and have a warchest able to pay the very best salaries. We're miles off that in terms of being able to compete at that level.... *However* Rafa did a right good job on a shoe string in comparison... and his purchasing was often questioned.

Rodgers is learning, for all his fantastic decisions last year, this is his first year in this competition, we got schooled by the manager we pulled one over in 2005, and then lost to in 2007..... It's now 2014. Let's keep things in perspective. Gerrard has more european games than the rest of the team out there today.... we've a long way to go before we get back to those sunny days.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Monsieur

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Silently wishing
« Reply #1076 on: October 23, 2014, 05:36:03 am »
Felt a trifle sad for my son last night who wore his LFC shirt in front of skysports and watched his team practically surrender, albeit to a quality side.

Talk of money and how poor LFC can't compete with top European teams...yeah, right - add up the money that LFC has spent since 2005 on players and you can see that we've spent our fair share but much of it wasted on poor quality players.

And as for a Liverpool player swapping shirts at half time? Isn't that gross misconduct??

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1077 on: October 23, 2014, 05:36:08 am »

I don't think Agger would've made the slightest bit of difference. In fact I don't think it would've mattered if we'd had Bentia and Hummels as our CB pairing last night. We still would've of been a shambles. For me it's the defensive coaching or lack of that's the problem now.

Offline liverressie

• Main Stander
« Reply #1078 on: October 23, 2014, 05:37:24 am »

I was expecting some reply about the government...at least you didnt write about the king or Franco :) . so, if tomorrow a sheik arrives to Liverpool with money to build a training ground like City..should I blame you for not being fair?.Besides, Madrid sold land in the best part of the capital..We do not have unlimited money.We spend a lot but we also sell a lot and don´t talk like a poor team after spending 150 million pounds, Chelsea and City were bad treated for spending so much in the past. You can be patient when you win but when the medals are not coming maybe is the time to get serious

I am not blaming anyone or any team. However, it is just a fact. The fact is Real Madrid is much more wealthier than Liverpool.

It is not only about transfer fee spent in the transfer market. It is the wages that matter here.

Although we sometimes paying premium in buying players, we target to buy some promising/rising star who has a lower wage demand. We sell some of our squad rotation players in a low price to save our wages. We do this as we need to maintain a healthy wages system as no one will come and buy our training ground to save us if we are our financial crisis.

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #1079 on: October 23, 2014, 05:37:32 am »
They are the European Cup winners to be fair mate.... and have a warchest able to pay the very best salaries. We're miles off that in terms of being able to compete at that level.... *However* Rafa did a right good job on a shoe string in comparison... and his purchasing was often questioned.

Rodgers is learning, for all his fantastic decisions last year, this is his first year in this competition, we got schooled by the manager we pulled one over in 2005, and then lost to in 2007..... It's now 2014. Let's keep things in perspective. Gerrard has more european games than the rest of the team out there today.... we've a long way to go before we get back to those sunny days.
i can tell you are an optimist like me but there doesnt seem to be any logic behind any decisions this season, the tactical and player choce decisions are like they think they won the league last season. im sorry but this is liverpool a good run dont suffice its a constant effort or just fuck off