Author Topic: Liverpool 1-1 Man City (2-1): (Gerrard, pen) Half time.....  (Read 90543 times)

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Phil Dowd is the Ref.....

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I think we will go through. However, I would like to see us play some players who will not shirk away from the pressure.

Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Spearing, Shelvey, Gerrard, Bellamy, Rodriguez, Kuyt.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
I think we will go through. However, I would like to see us play some players who will not shirk away from the pressure.

Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Spearing, Shelvey, Gerrard, Bellamy, Rodriguez, Kuyt.
May be too early for Maxi and Bellamy to recover. Bellamy more like it, but I don't know what's the deal with Maxi. He ran out of gas last game even though he hasn't played for many days before.

Thank Fowler if we have Jay available, because we missed him sorely...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rako

• Anny Roader
Any chance of Kenny playing 3 at the back? I'd consider it.
YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
May be too early for Maxi and Bellamy to recover. Bellamy more like it, but I don't know what's the deal with Maxi. He ran out of gas last game even though he hasn't played for many days before.

Thank Fowler if we have Jay available, because we missed him sorely...

Probably true for Bellamy, but it may be worth the risk playing him?

As for Maxi, I was just trying to get someone in the team who wasn't Downing and could play out wide.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
As for Maxi, I was just trying to get someone in the team who wasn't Downing and could play out wide.

yeah, playing an out-and-out winger and someone who is good in the air - that'd be crazy! ;)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
If spearing plays I think we're in with a chance, but it's going to be a massive, massive ask.

To be honest, this is it for some of these players I think. Last chance saloon. Fucking get out there and prove your fucking worth or off you fucking go.

Getting to the final would be massive for us, fucking huge. Winning it would be even fucking bigger. There's only 3 pieces of silverware available this year and we're not winning the league. This is easily the best chance this year to put a trophy in the cabinet and have a europa spot tied up.

But it's going to depend on what city and what liverpool teams turn up. I really hate to say it, but if we play like we did against bolton, we could get humiliated by a very talented city side. Whatever happens, these players have to turn up and have to play to the best of their ability. If we do that we can get through.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
You can bet your bottom dollar they will be on the front foot for this. I can't not see them scoring. First goal crucial.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Reina

Kelly               Skrtel               Agger               Enrique

Henderson               Spearing                Adam               Downing

Gerrard

Kuyt

Think that's what we'll see. Maxi and Bellamy won't be ready for another start, likely being rested for Man United.

Spearing is a must, assuming he's fit. Downing and Kuyt will start for sure. Wouldn't object to Shelvey for Adam.

Might even see Kuyt pushed out right and Carroll up top. Dirk gives better defensive cover than Jordan and I imagine we'll see up for the draw to begin with.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:30:03 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
                                                         Reina

Johnson                         Skrtel                       Agger                      Enrique

Spearing

Gerrard                                        Shelvey

Kuyt                                                                              Downing

Bellamy

Don't know what to expect to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if we bossed them as we did for much of the league game at Anfield and I wouldn't be surprised if they stuffed us by 3 or 4.
 Starting a new job on lates this week so I probably wont even know the score until it's finished, might be for the best.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Rightly or wrongly, I think we will play with 5 at the back and three in midfield.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
Rightly or wrongly, I think we will play with 5 at the back and three in midfield.

I think that will be 'wrong'.

Offline ade

• Main Stander
  • JFT96
Hope we dont play five at the back

But can see Carra playing as DM if Jay isnt fit - he wont have  the passes of Lucas, but he sure as shit can tackle better than Adam

Y.N.W.A.

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really hope spearing is fit for this. Far to many gaps in front of the back four on Saturday.

I'm surprised at the number of spares kicking around for this

Offline lfcls7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • You dont realise how much you had until its gone
to be honest andys crap. cant score, control, and has no pace. even his aerial threat isnt that good atm (yes he assisted bellamy but if the defenders werent so slow)

reina

kelly          skrtel          agger             enrique

henderson           gerrard        spearing/shelvey          downing

kuyt            bellamy
You dont realise how much you love something until its gone. Rafael Benitez (L)

Fernando torres. = TWAT

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
to be honest andys crap. cant score, control, and has no pace. even his aerial threat isnt that good atm (yes he assisted bellamy but if the defenders werent so slow)

reina

kelly          skrtel          agger             enrique

henderson           gerrard        spearing/shelvey          downing

kuyt            bellamy

ahhh yes so put in Kuyt, our prolific goal scorer this season. Pointless.
-YNWA-

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Massive decisions over three players in my eyes - Carroll, Adam and Downing.

I wouldn't play any of them but does Kenny back them.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
I'd have Kuyt in for this, somewhere, probably on the right, because at least you know what you're getting with him.  He'll run and run all day, mis-control a few simple balls but still have the possibility of being in the right place at the right time for a vital goal.

You know he won't hide or bottle it, can't be so sure that others won't go missing.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

I don't think he has much of a choice or alternative when it comes to Downing.

I don't think Adam or Carroll will be picked though.

Offline Feorax

• Anny Roader
Liverpool (1) v Man City (0) Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg 19:45 Wed 25th Jan
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2012, 06:46:05 pm »
Kuyt or Carroll upfront? Horrible choice right there...

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
Amazes me that we are even trying to predict a team around who is less shit.
-YNWA-

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Phil Dowd is the Ref.....

Oh Christ. He's bad enough as it is, and he's even worse when he's on TV. Will be entertaining for the neutral when he's doing his best impression of a ham-actor doing MacBeth. Infuriating for us and the City fans though

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
If Spearing is fit, assuming it's too soon for Maxi and Bellamy to start, and that Downing and Enrique were below par vs Bolton, this:

Our right side to be the one for 'crosses', the left side for pass-and-move.

Doni, Carragher, Enrique, Adam, Downing, Maxi, Bellamy on the bench.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I don't think he has much of a choice or alternative when it comes to Downing.

I don't think Adam or Carroll will be picked though.

I agree with you about the front three of Bellamy, Kuyt and Maxi but can't see it.

Can Bellamy's knees take it or will he be saved for Saturday to run at Evra.

We need to start quickly and hope we score early. We can do this.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I agree with you about the front three of Bellamy, Kuyt and Maxi but can't see it.

Can Bellamy's knees take it or will he be saved for Saturday to run at Evra.

We need to start quickly and hope we score early. We can do this.

Didn't evra get purposely booked against arsenal today so he would miss Saturdays game?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Didn't evra get purposely booked against arsenal today so he would miss Saturdays game?

FFS - how may people have answered this.

You now need 7 bookings up until March to get a ban.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
I hope Adam gets dropped for this, I understand he's not a DM and has been asked to play out of position, but we're going to be pegged back for a lot of this game and him giving away silly free kicks may well cost us.

Carroll to start because we don't have much else, fingers crossed he can turn it on against City like he did  last season.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
If it's Gerrard and Adam in central mid, we are going to get handed our arse.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
                          Reina

Johnson.     Skrtel.       Agger.      Enrique

Spearing
                     Gerrard.     Henderson

Bellamy.                                             Maxi

Kuyt

I dont expect kenny to choose maxi or Bellamy to start but there is no way in hell downing and Carroll get near the starting 11.

Bench: Doni, carragher, Aurelio, Shelvey, Adam, sterling, Morgan.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

It clearly won't be.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
FFS - how may people have answered this.

You now need 7 bookings up until March to get a ban.

Alright fucking calm down, I thought it was 5. This is the first thread I've been In since I logged on a few minutes ago.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
This season reminds me of 02/03, crap in the league, but won the league cup.

Reckon we'll keep a clean sheet that's needed against them on Wednesday. Start Spearing as well. 1-0.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:13:41 pm by lfcrule5times »
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Hopefully Spearing is fit because we are going to need him , i feel more comfortable with Kelly at Rb , I would prefer Carroll to be no where near team downing too but we don't have many options.

Reina
Kelly   Skrtel.     Agger.  Enrique

Spearing
      Henderson.  Gerrard

Bellamy.     Kuyt.      Maxi
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan

Yup

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
FA will help us with this match tomorrow Balloteli will definetly be out and Lescott could be, this decision will help us enormously it will weaken them if Lescott is out then Carroll is a must start he will give Savic a rough game, they will move Richards into centre half and that will give us an easier time down the flanks defensively, after yesterdays bollocking i can only imagine we will fly out of the traps and go at them from the 1st minute, score early would be ideal but this will be a tough game as will Saturdays, if we win Wednesday i can see us winning on Saturday but Wednesday will take a lot out of us and the Utd game will be a tougher game on the back of a game that goes to extra time in midweek
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I wouldn't either. In fact I'd be tempted to leave them out of the squad all together. Show them that if you want to play for Liverpool you have to fucking earn it.

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
I wouldn't either. In fact I'd be tempted to leave them out of the squad all together. Show them that if you want to play for Liverpool you have to fucking earn it.

Just thinking of watching Carroll as a lone striker on Wednesday night , with downing on either wing running no where and back passing is depressing me all ready.

Hopefully neither is near the starting 11
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
I dont expect kenny to choose maxi or Bellamy to start but there is no way in hell downing and Carroll get near the starting 11.

Bench: Doni, carragher, Aurelio, Shelvey, Adam, sterling, Morgan.

Yeah, cos Sterling and Morgan clearly deserve a place on the bench in the 2nd leg of the League Cup final ahead of Downing and Carroll  :butt

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, cos Sterling and Morgan clearly deserve a place on the bench in the 2nd leg of the League Cup final ahead of Downing and Carroll  :butt

What have Downing or Carroll done to deserve it?

Offline The Portuguese Kopite

• 16? Yes. Naive? Maybe. Man enough to apologise when he's been a tool? Definitely. Megalolz.
  • Kopite
  • An American-Portuguese English football fan.
                               Reina

Kelly    Skrtel       Carragher      Agger     Enrique

Shelvey      Spearing      Gerrard

Kuyt        Bellamy

Just have to make sure they don't score, I think we're sturdiest when we've got 5 in the back and when Kelly's on the field. Hopefully Spearing will be ready to go, if not, I think I'd put Coates in that spot over Adam.