Author Topic: Pubs to watch the match in Liverpool  (Read 106356 times)

Offline sergeiNT1

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Pubs to watch the match in Liverpool
« Reply #360 on: December 4, 2023, 11:02:16 pm »
On the membership and tickets "thingy"... I'm Australia based but was in the UK in August and had plans to go to Anfield for the Bournemouth game.
Me and my lad (who works overseas) signed up as members which cost us around 46 pounds each - this gave us a member number that could be added to friends and family season tickets to allow then to be transferred if a ticket couldnlt be used by the holder.
There was an application window where we could apply for match tickets under the member scheme but we got nowhere near as the applications world wide far exceeded the availability.
I've been a long time member of the local (New South Wales) Official Supporters Club and they apply each year for tickets under the Supporters Club scheme but didn't get an allocation for the game (first home game of the season)
Friends and family didn't have spares so in the end I bit the bullet and paid stupid (as in STUPID) money for a couple of hospitality tickets in the Sir Kenny Stand.
This was only because my grown up Australian born son had never been to Anfield, I'd not been since holding a season ticket for the Anfield Rd end in the 80's and we were not sure of when or if we'd get the chance to go to a game together again for a long time.
I noticed the odd tout selling tickets around the ground but that of course comes with risk (not sure what they were selling or for how much)
In summary, next time, for a one off game I'd skip the membership fee and hope that the game is televised and go plan a)  and get a reccomended pub from locals on here and spend the membership on ale and a chippy meal :)
Hope this helps?
Safe travels and YNWA

Thank you for the advice! I will definitely keep that in mind :)

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #361 on: December 6, 2023, 12:37:50 pm »
Thank you for the advice! I will definitely keep that in mind :)

Keep searching Twitter and tickets will definitely be available for this. Usually get hospitality about half the price the club charge

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: March 14, 2024, 01:25:16 pm »
A friend of a friend is over from Greece next month - big Liverpool fan and wants to do a stadium tour.

I've offered to go with him and would ideally like to watch the game (Fulham on the 20th at 3pm) at a pub near the ground shortly after the tour has finished.

Have never been to a pub near the ground on a non-home matchday - any recommendations?

Also, what do we think the probability is of the time of the game being changed?

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: March 14, 2024, 02:01:04 pm »
A friend of a friend is over from Greece next month - big Liverpool fan and wants to do a stadium tour.

I've offered to go with him and would ideally like to watch the game (Fulham on the 20th at 3pm) at a pub near the ground shortly after the tour has finished.

Have never been to a pub near the ground on a non-home matchday - any recommendations?

Also, what do we think the probability is of the time of the game being changed?

That could be the FA cup semi final date. Its also very likely we play on the Sunday anyway. Unless we mess up a 4 goal lead tonight.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 02:03:17 pm by Craig S »

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #364 on: April 2, 2024, 11:19:14 am »
Was thinking of heading to Jürgen's on Brunswick St for the game on Sunday as can't be bothered with any blues again in the pub. Never been before but do you need to book a table or is there loads of standing?

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #365 on: Yesterday at 07:14:13 pm »
Any recommendations near lime street? Coming back from London and will be getting in for just after 9 so wanted to watch the second half of the Derby before heading over the water
Believer