Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Lyon  (Read 68333 times)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Lyon
« Reply #160 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:55 pm »
Well, I thought it was a  very creditable performance all things considered. I know going out this early is unpalatable, but considering our run of injuries, results etc. I thought this was a welcome performance.

Positives:
Lucas and Mascherano were excellent, Carragher was solid at left back, Agger had a fine game. Oh, and what a strike by Babel, phenomenal. Looks like he might still have a future at Liverpool, he's still only 22 don't forget.

Negatives:
Voronin was shit, no other word for it. Torres looks half fit and that big Greek lad at the back looks a liability in truth.

Overall though, ok if not the result required.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline LiverMorgh

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #161 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:56 pm »
Two late goals from Lyon against us have effectively given them the reigns whereas had we held on we'd be in good stead.

With those 2 late goals Lyon got 4/6 points from us, without them we'd have gotten 4/6 from them sitting pretty on 8 points.
"The only thing I fear is missing an open goal in front of the Kop. I would die if that were to happen. When they start singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I've actually been crying while I've been playing". Kevin Keegan

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:02 pm »
Really does feel like a defeat, it's not over yet, but it should have been so different. If we didn't concede 2 late goals to Lyon then things would be a hell of a lot different. I'm fucking gutted.

Just hope Lyon go to Italy with the intention of getting something instead of going there with the intention of getting rid of one of the big teams in the competition.

Voronin should never be allowed near the team again. Absolutely terrible.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #163 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:10 pm »
Lucas has been our player of the season so far, which is quite a feat considering Alonso's loss is what everyone is pinning our form on.

This is true but both offer nothing creatively.  Not sure we can afford two players who don't create. So maybe not play them together. Disappointed that Aquilani didn't get on tonight.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline beu_79

• Kemlynite
« Reply #164 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:10 pm »
Really really unlucky, but a solid performance all around. Masch and lucas looking like a tight partnership and insua had a blinder.

Just got to keep working and get through this patch, it will turn our way again and Rafa's the man to take the team through.

Offline OzAndy_Red

• Main Stander
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #165 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:14 pm »
At the end of the day, we controlled the match and couldn't hold onto a lead for 7mins. Voronin should have scored in the first half. We had three decent chances but due to poor finishing stemming from lack of confidence, none were taken. I was thinking before we scored that somehow Lyon would score a goal from nothing and that we would lose. However, I went nuts when Babbel scored a blinder and thought surely we would shutup shop and close the game out. NO. They pressed, we retreated and poor defensive error lead to them scoring. Devastated.

We were the better team. Played well defensively but lack imagination going forward. I am also cursing that Aquilani didn't make a cameo. Thought he would have been perfect coming on at around the 65/70 min mark.

Our destiny is now left in Lyon's hands. I would be very surprised (considering they have now qualified for the knock-out stages) if they get a result at Fiorentina. I will be praying that they do of course but realistically cannot see it happening. We only have ourselves to blame. NO confidence, heads dropping. Definitely worrying times for our beloved Reds.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:15 pm »
On a positive note , for me Lucas was MOTM again. He keeps getting better.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:19 pm »
Too many missed chances. Too many defensive errors.

Win and loose together.

Need to start winning though...
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Bugsy Siegel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:24 pm »
Unreal this, seriously. And I'm not a 'In Rafa We Trust' kind of poster on here, but if you think we were shit, there's something wrong with you or you just came to that conclusion half before the game because everyone's been telling everyone how bad we are.

Controlled the game for long periods, they had about 2 chances, we should have won. Bad defending for their goal, but can't quite believe some people are saying we were SHIT?

mate we've been such shite for so long that when we play okay like we did tonight many think it was a great performance.

we definitely did not play WELL. go re watch the fucking game and look at how many mistakes we had.

Offline pjdark

• Main Stander
« Reply #169 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:29 pm »
Gutted tonight but we need a change at the helm,its houlier syndrome again,Kenny needs to come in we,re fuoked in the league and fooked now in europe.,Rafas made too many bad signings overlooked to many players(aquero)and now were fooked...end ov..so what left for us the F.A CUP...FUCK THAT

You just had a brain fart?

What a load of bollox

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #170 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:32 pm »
Rafa needs to go. I'm sick of his ego-driven bollocks dragging the club through the mud. 10 seasons is too many. We need Mourinho in. He's shown he can win on a budget and show a bit of modesty whilst doing so.
Caught any whoppers yet?

Should do, there's fucking shoals of em in here tonight. :wave

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #171 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:33 pm »
I feel like crying. A gutless performance if I've ever seen one.
Sick of it all, bring on August '10 please.

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #172 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:43 pm »
Can we please give Kuyt a rest now? Until next season or something?

Today we had a central midfield bossing the game, but we're not clinical enough and that cost us in the end.

Insua needs a break as well. He's involved in too many of our conceded goals. 
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #173 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:43 pm »
Just utterly depressed. For all the hysteria at 1-0, just another two minutes defending. Feels like an injustice.

Can't fucking believe it. Can't see Lyon winning in Florence, but we can hope.

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:52 pm »
Rafa needs to go. I'm sick of his ego-driven bollocks dragging the club through the mud. 10 seasons is too many. We need Mourinho in. He's shown he can win on a budget and show a bit of modesty whilst doing so.

Fishing?
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Car

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:53 pm »
I think we deserve to win this game. Very disappointed about the result.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #176 on: November 4, 2009, 10:18:55 pm »
love how some of you are big enough fans to stiLl be happy even though we've only got 5 POINTS OUT OF OUR LAST 8 MATCHES.

cheers, mate. you really are something else.

the club is better than that. that is unacceptable

Ok, enlighten is all as to who should come in and take over? Seriously? Just tell us all how you would change things instead of spouting utter drivel... tell us all, who should come in for Rafa and what you would do to change things.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #177 on: November 4, 2009, 10:19:15 pm »
love how some of you are big enough fans to stiLl be happy even though we've only got 5 POINTS OUT OF OUR LAST 8 MATCHES.

could you stop posting until you've watched your 2nd ever football match please

Offline kopilot

• Kopite
  • far east
« Reply #178 on: November 4, 2009, 10:19:27 pm »
i havent give up hope just yet - but nevermind Fiorentina...Debreceni could even cause us problems..they scored 2 against Fiorentina tonight, and a couple weeks ago they almost nailed Fiorentina at home.

another 2 weeks to wait... I won't say 'FA cup and Europa League here we come'....not just yet

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 4, 2009, 10:19:38 pm »
Yanks out!

I don't want to see Vorinin playing again for us. I don't why we signed him and why he's still our player. He offered nothing.

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 4, 2009, 10:19:39 pm »

I don't think anybody is happy right now.  I know I'm not.  Doesn't change the fact you're a troll as well as a shit fan.  :)

Offline RdJRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #181 on: November 4, 2009, 10:19:46 pm »
Fuck me we deserve a change of fortune.

Good performance considering the injuries.  Defensively still look shaky with all the changes to the centre halves.  Problem which needs addressing in January i'm afraid. 

Love Insua but hold my breath sometimes when he defends..

Can still do this. 
YNWA

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #182 on: November 4, 2009, 10:19:46 pm »

We played well.

Seriously hate idiots posting nonsence.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: November 4, 2009, 10:19:51 pm »
Can we please give Kuyt a rest now? Until next season or something?

Today we had a central midfield bossing the game, but we're not clinical enough and that cost us in the end.

Gutless??? Gutless?? If there's one thing we weren't tonight, it's gutless.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 4, 2009, 10:19:52 pm »
Looks like it's between the Greek and Voronin for this weeks scapegoat.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Strawberry Fields

• Pending....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 4, 2009, 10:19:57 pm »
I think we'll twat them at anfield. 
I think so too but I also think that by that time Fiorentina will be through to the next round. I see them winning at home against Lyon.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #186 on: November 4, 2009, 10:20:09 pm »
Fishing?

No. Deadly serious. Mourinho will bring a bit of flair to the table. I think he's the perfect man to create a team that plays good, winning football on a budget.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline ferris05

• Hitler on a bus!
  • Kopite
  • A Waterloo-ite
« Reply #187 on: November 4, 2009, 10:20:14 pm »

Funny thing is, this draws familiar similarities to some Liverpool 'fans'' serious opinions.
WE ARE THE ROAD END, THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE.

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #188 on: November 4, 2009, 10:20:25 pm »
El Voro was .....

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 4, 2009, 10:20:56 pm »
No. Deadly serious. Mourinho will bring a bit of flair to the table. I think he's the perfect man to create a team that plays good, winning football on a budget.

Like he did in Porto?
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline kopilot

• Kopite
  • far east
« Reply #190 on: November 4, 2009, 10:20:58 pm »

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline RobbieGrowler

• Main Stander
« Reply #191 on: November 4, 2009, 10:20:59 pm »
Thought we were unlucky tonight any1 know why acquilani didnt come on?

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 4, 2009, 10:21:00 pm »
A gutless performance ? Are you sure you were watching the same match ?
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #193 on: November 4, 2009, 10:21:13 pm »
fucking heartbreaking!! Voronin must not play again!!
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: November 4, 2009, 10:21:15 pm »
The centre backs had a part to play. The big greek did some stupid last ditch tackle attempt which was just silly and prior to that, Agger stepped out when he shouldn't have.

The two of them did ok considering they have never played together before, it was a big risk and we payed the price.

Offline TheReturnof7heKing

• Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: November 4, 2009, 10:21:34 pm »
SoS Membership Number:  4280
----------------------------------------

Thanks for everything Rafa

Offline ElSheak

• Poster Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Royal Liverpool FC
« Reply #196 on: November 4, 2009, 10:21:40 pm »
Sloppy finishing, compounded by sloppy defending.

I think we are done now in this competition. We have to be realistic and look at the whole picture. We haven't been good enough in this competition, which is why we are where we are right now, staring down the barrel of elimination from the group. It's not a knee-jerk reaction, the table doesn't lie and the truth is right now, we're not good enough, and haven't been good enough, for a 'Liverpool Team' all season. It's hard to take, but it's the way it is right now.

Looking at Lyon tonight, they'd be lucky to stay on the right side of a 3-0 thrashing by Fiorentina - Lyon were poor. And for all the possession and all the missed chances, to get a draw, to score only one goal against Lyon tonight, confirms we're just not and are not good enough to progress any further. Lyon will not beat Fiorentina, and we will go out. All the YNWA's, 'believe's and will not convince me otherwise. It's a pessimistic, but realistic outlook.

We have to make a decision. Rafa, if it's true he looks 4 or 5 games ahead, needs to wind up concentration in this comp and focus on the league. It may sound madness, but with some more big games coming up, another frankly fucking pointless International as well, and nearly half the squad, injured, tired, ill or in need of operations, we need to take stock. Continue throwing limited and valuable resources at a comp which we have next to no chance of progressing out of, or a League, in which we are equally as dire, but which is fundamental to ensuring our chances of being in the CL next year?

With Babels goal I thought we could just do it, but once we surrendered again, I knew that we'd come as far as we could in this comp - it's time to accept what's happening and channel our time, energy and resources into other area's which need just as much if not more attention.

I'm gutted about tonight, totally gutted, but it's time to change priorities.
"This very valuable asset..." No Tom. We are not an 'asset'. We are Liverpool Football Club.

Superlicious Istanbul 2005 poster – now available and seen here! (© Adrian Newell)

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #197 on: November 4, 2009, 10:21:41 pm »

Thought Insua was great tonight.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 4, 2009, 10:21:46 pm »

Gutless performance?  Fuck off mate.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #199 on: November 4, 2009, 10:21:47 pm »
mate we've been such shite for so long that when we play okay like we did tonight many think it was a great performance.

Utter bollocks.
And shite 'for so long?' What? 7 fucking games? Fucking finger on the trigger pricks in here. Thank fuck you don't have access to nuclear weapons....
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.