Author Topic: 1st June 2009 - What could be....  (Read 7765 times)

Offline IanCoxy

• Kemlynite
Re: 1st June 2009 - What could be....
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2009, 11:13:58 pm »

Jesus christ - just read your post - I have just lost several minutes of my life that I will never get back, you tit !
Nothing to do and all day to do it.....

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2009, 11:16:33 pm »

Jesus christ - just read your post - I have just lost several minutes of my life that I will never get back, you tit !

Eh?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline rafaslad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2009, 11:40:39 pm »
i only actually fully read the artice after i looked at all the abuse it was getting just to see if it was deserved
ive gotta say thats just terrible

and if were gonna live in the fantasy world why not made it good?! thats why i play pro evo so i can win the league with liverpool
cynical optimist

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2009, 11:45:47 pm »
for the love of fuckin god. Jesus Christ, lads, calm down, get a fuckin grip

The lad had a 'what if' fantasy.... I assumed that much was clear from the fact that he spelt it out several times at the end. It was an ironic take on people's reactions on here over that past couple of weeks, at least thats what I got from it. Didnt think he was trying to be clever in the least, and I dont remember reading the line that says 'I hate Rafa, we're shite, and i fuckin know right well this is all whats gonna happen'

Stop taking things so seriously, and is is too much to ask to go easy on the abuse and name calling. I mean, who wants to come on and be called 'a first class wanker' by a lad who then goes on to display a serious lack of basic understanding of the game of football. Whatever happened to disagreeing and giving a reason why? Probably too much to ask.

Ya could be referring to any number of people who replied....

There is a thread on here about what is wrong with RAWK, you my friend are Exhibit A

anyway, as ya were
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2009, 12:04:10 am »
Take it easy folks, don't let the pressure get to ya. It's only a forum, the time to start panicking is on Sunday night after the Blueshite have given us a good hiding both on and off the pitch.....

Just messing

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2009, 12:17:44 am »
June the 1st, at 9.00am, a press conference is indeed called.

The conference room is alight with smiles. Rafael Benitez sits down, a calm manner about him, and a nervous Rick Parry takes his seat next to Rafa. Benitez knows he can’t smile, but he can barely contain his excitement. Rick Parry begins the press conference.

“I have called this press conference myself, not Mr Benitez, because, despite the events of the 24th of May, I have decided to hand in my resignation. I believe this is the best move for me, and more importantly for the club”.

All lies, of course. Parry has begrudgingly been forced out of the Club by Rafa and the owners. To keep his dignity (HA), he has been given the right to call a press conference and confirm his resignation. Everyone in the rooms knows that’s not the case, but let us be polite about it.

Rafa thanks Rick for his many years of wonderful service to the club, a glint in his eye, and wishes him and his family the very best of luck for the future. Thank you Rick, thank you very much indeed.

The 24th of May are what of course, allowed this situation to arise.

Liverpool are at home against Spurs, who are already down. “Too good to go down” the pundits said, how wrong they were, West Ham fans will remind you all of that. However, Liverpool football club is in a very different situation; 1 point behind Manchester United, with a goal difference of -5. Not for the first time this season, Liverpool are dependant on other forces. In this case it’s Hull City. After a wonderful start to the season, the last 7 months of it has been abysmal for them. They are a single point away from safety, their destiny in their own hands. However, they are entertaining a Manchester United side who need win to assure their retention of the Premiership title.

Back to Anfield, and tensions are on tender hooks. Liverpool fans are in a world of their own. The atmosphere is subdued inside the ground, and you can see it in the players as they walk out of the tunnel. It’s the same story as it has been all season at Anfield, where form has been poor, only it’s a hundred times worse now. United can’t equal our tally, and there’s fuck all we can do about it. You can see fans praying, atheists putting all their faith in God and their players. Children are being snapped at by their parents every time they mention “but what if we don’t win?” before the adults look nervously at the pitch as that thought echoes through their mind constantly.

And the whistle blows.

Spurs take an early lead, Aaron Lennon tears down the right hand side, whips the ball in, and under pressure from Jermain Defoe, Jamie Carragher heads into his own net - crumbling to his knees, head in hands. This can’t be fucking happening, the parents think, before their child looks up at them with a saddened, “I told you so” look about them.

Anfield has been rocked, and the only sound you can hear is that of Rafael Benitez screaming orders to his side, and players communicating. Just before the half time mark, Gerrard unleashes the fury. Only, its fury aimed at Albert Riera for misplacing a simple pass.

The ground is so tense you don’t even want to be there. This filters into the Liverpool players and plays into the hands of a Spurs side that are happy to sit with 10 men behind the ball and trying to hit us on the break. This is fucking Anfield 2008/2009.

The fans know they should be singing You’ll Never Walk Alone to inspire the players. Istanbul needs to happen again, but after a few attempts to get it going, the minority of fans trying soon realise people are too busy on their phones to sing, checking the United score of course. Indecently, it’s still 0-0, which fuels nobody with confidence.

As the second half begins, minutes in, Robbie Keane has an open goal infront of him after Gomes drops a simple Kuyt effort. Keane, who has been in fine form since February, seems a dead cert to score, before he scuffs his shot towards goal, and gives the giant Brazilian a chance to pounce on the feeble effort before it crosses the line. Oh Robbie, what have you done?

Liverpool probe on. Xabi Alonso is completely controlling the game, but that final ball looks impossible. Gerrard hasn’t turned up, and if things couldn’t get any worse, Torres limps off; infuriated, frustrated, and clearly in a lot of pain. Being replaced by Yossi Benayoun. A strange one Rafa.

A huge groan circles Anfield. Phones beep and ring, hands run through hair or cup faces. John O’fucking Shea, you must be kidding me!?

It’s bleak, at best. Steven Gerrard whips in a corner, which fails to beat the first man, but falls back to him. He takes his second chance and finds the head of Daniel Agger, who heads goalwards.  A superb save from Gomes keeps the ball out, but it falls to the knees of Jamie Carragher. The crowd rise, desperate for the net to ripple, and it does. Jamie storms off towards the Kop faithful who greet him with open arms and open mouths. One last punch of the first to the crowd before he goes back to his defensive duties. A hero again, with minutes left.

Anfield comes alive. Now there’s hope. There’s something to scream for. Praying won’t make a blind bit of difference my fellow reds, and so Anfield roars. Not a single person in the ground is quiet. Everybody fucking screaming at their team to push them on. So much so, Rafa can’t get his message across because he simply can’t be heard by his players.

A few minute from time, a loose clearance from Woodgate lands to Steven Gerrard, 30 yards out. The Kop rises, willing that ball to come off of his right foot as sweetly as it can. He takes a look up, and pulls the trigger - and how he fucking pulls that trigger. He lashes the ball into the top corner, Gomes helpless. He throws himself at the Kop, the ground erupts into insane noise. But it’s not over.

Liverpool have a lead to defend, but that’s not the fans concern. Well, not their main one. Spurs look beaten, but that doesn’t mean Liverpool have won. Liverpool have won nothing unless things change in the “other game”. The fans wait unpatiently, desperate for their phone to ring or beep. And then it’s announced, before anyone else knows, across the tannoy.

“Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls. Manchester United 1, Hull…1.

Hysteria follows. People hugging, kissing, jumping up and down madly, screaming and crying.

The final whistle blows at Anfield. Liverpool have won the game. The fans wait there, the players sit down and wait there. Before that sound is heard again.

“And that ladies and gentleman, is full time at Hull City!”

“I have called this press conference myself, not Mr Benitez, because, despite the events of the 24th of May, I have decided to hand in my resignation. I believe this is the best move for me, and more importantly for the club”.

That game indeed. Gave Mr Benitez the power, to make the changes he wanted, at his club.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2009, 12:24:05 am »
hairs on the back of me neck stuff there! :wave
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2009, 12:30:20 am »

The conference room is alight with smiles. Rafael Benitez sits down, a calm manner about him, and a nervous Rick Parry takes his seat next to Rafa. Benitez knows he can’t smile, but he can barely contain his excitement. Rick Parry begins the press conference.

All lies, of course. Parry has begrudgingly been forced out of the Club by Rafa and the owners. To keep his dignity (HA), he has been given the right to call a press conference and confirm his resignation. Everyone in the rooms knows that’s not the case, but let us be polite about it.

Rafa thanks Rick for his many years of wonderful service to the club, a glint in his eye, and wishes him and his family the very best of luck for the future. Thank you Rick, thank you very much indeed.

Liverpool are at home against Spurs, who are already down. “Too good to go down” the pundits said, how wrong they were, West Ham fans will remind you all of that. However, Liverpool football club is in a very different situation; 1 point behind Manchester United, with a goal difference of -5. Not for the first time this season, Liverpool are dependant on other forces. In this case it’s Hull City. After a wonderful start to the season, the last 7 months of it has been abysmal for them. They are a single point away from safety, their destiny in their own hands. However, they are entertaining a Manchester United side who need win to assure their retention of the Premier League title.

Back to Anfield, and tensions are on tender hooks. Liverpool fans are in a world of their own. The atmosphere is subdued inside the ground, and you can see it in the players as they walk out of the tunnel. It’s the same story as it has been all season at Anfield, where form has been poor, only it’s a hundred times worse now. United can’t equal our tally, and there’s fuck all we can do about it. You can see fans praying, atheists putting all their faith in God and their players. Children are being snapped at by their parents every time they mention “but what if we don’t win?” before the adults look nervously at the pitch as that thought echoes through their mind constantly.

And the whistle blows.

Spurs take an early lead, Aaron Lennon tears down the right hand side, whips the ball in, and under pressure from Jermain Defoe, Jamie Carragher heads into his own net - crumbling to his knees, head in hands. This can’t be fucking happening, the parents think, before their child looks up at them with a saddened, “I told you so” look about them.

Anfield has been rocked, and the only sound you can hear is that of Rafael Benitez screaming orders to his side, and players communicating. Just before the half time mark, Gerrard unleashes the fury. Only, its fury aimed at Albert Riera for misplacing a simple pass.

The ground is so tense you don’t even want to be there. This filters into the Liverpool players and plays into the hands of a Spurs side that are happy to sit with 10 men behind the ball and trying to hit us on the break. This is fucking Anfield 2008/2009.

The fans know they should be singing You’ll Never Walk Alone to inspire the players. Istanbul needs to happen again, but after a few attempts to get it going, the minority of fans trying soon realise people are too busy on their phones to sing, checking the United score of course. Indecently, it’s still 0-0, which fuels nobody with confidence.

As the second half begins, minutes in, Robbie Keane has an open goal infront of him after Gomes drops a simple Kuyt effort. Keane, who has been in fine form since February, seems a dead cert to score, before he scuffs his shot towards goal, and gives the giant Brazilian a chance to pounce on the feeble effort before it crosses the line. Oh Robbie, what have you done?

Liverpool probe on. Xabi Alonso is completely controlling the game, but that final ball looks impossible. Gerrard hasn’t turned up, and if things couldn’t get any worse, Torres limps off; infuriated, frustrated, and clearly in a lot of pain. Being replaced by Yossi Benayoun. A strange one Rafa.

A huge groan circles Anfield. Phones beep and ring, hands run through hair or cup faces. John O’fucking Shea, you must be kidding me!?

It’s bleak, at best. Steven Gerrard whips in a corner, which fails to beat the first man, but falls back to him. He takes his second chance and finds the head of Daniel Agger, who heads goalwards.  A superb save from Gomes keeps the ball out, but it falls to the knees of Jamie Carragher. The crowd rise, desperate for the net to ripple, and it does. Jamie storms off towards the Kop faithful who greet him with open arms and open mouths. One last punch of the first to the crowd before he goes back to his defensive duties. A hero again, with minutes left.

Anfield comes alive. Now there’s hope. There’s something to scream for. Praying won’t make a blind bit of difference my fellow reds, and so Anfield roars. Not a single person in the ground is quiet. Everybody fucking screaming at their team to push them on. So much so, Rafa can’t get his message across because he simply can’t be heard by his players.

A few minute from time, a loose clearance from Woodgate lands to Steven Gerrard, 30 yards out. The Kop rises, willing that ball to come off of his right foot as sweetly as it can. He takes a look up, and pulls the trigger - and how he fucking pulls that trigger. He lashes the ball into the top corner, Gomes helpless. He throws himself at the Kop, the ground erupts into insane noise. But it’s not over.

Liverpool have a lead to defend, but that’s not the fans concern. Well, not their main one. Spurs look beaten, but that doesn’t mean Liverpool have won. Liverpool have won nothing unless things change in the “other game”. The fans wait unpatiently, desperate for their phone to ring or beep. And then it’s announced, before anyone else knows, across the tannoy.

Hysteria follows. People hugging, kissing, jumping up and down madly, screaming and crying.

The final whistle blows at Anfield. Liverpool have won the game. The fans wait there, the players sit down and wait there. Before that sound is heard again.

That game indeed. Gave Mr Benitez the power, to make the changes he wanted, at his club.

That is fucking excellent!!
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2009, 12:43:54 am »
Haha, thanks!

Edit:

I liked your opening post by the way. I've gone for the same thing in a different manner. Some people on here are just thick fucks who as you say, just want to be "the bestest fan ever".

Still, they keep us entertained. For a while.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:51:14 am by -Daws- »
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2009, 02:19:09 am »

I liked your opening post by the way. I've gone for the same thing in a different manner. Some people on here are just thick fucks who as you say, just want to be "the bestest fan ever".

Still, they keep us entertained. For a while.

Great read. That would be a great way to end it. I also very much enjoyed rednich's one as well. Although gutted to have lost to Man Utd and Lyon, the fact that we were so close would still be better than what we've had for 19 years. I really don't understand the critism of the original post but hey that's my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:20:47 am by Seebab »
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 03:14:40 am »
Let's be optimistic! :D

What if we can pull ourselves together, win a few games on the trot while the Mancs do the same (or not), go to OT and beat the Mancs and as they, Chelsea, Villa and Arsenal drop points here and there, we hit fantastic form and win the title in May?

Or how about this:
looking back from June 2009, it was the convincing victory against Everton in the FA Cup that proved to be the turning point. There were doubts about our qualities after a couple of draws, but that day it was like European night at Anfield. The crowd was loud and positive. Everton didn't know what hit them and the game was over at HT. Moving on from there, the ball began to bounce our way and we began to play impressive football. We proved to be the strongest side over the 2nd half of the season, just like we were for the first half. 

Believe! It's a lot better for the mind. It's more productive. What do we need to do to win the title? What can we, the supporters, do to help the side?

In the land of make believe......I like this one :thumbup
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2009, 03:19:03 am »

Liverpool are at home against Spurs, who are already down. “Too good to go down” the pundits said, how wrong they were, West Ham fans will remind you all of that. However, Liverpool football club is in a very different situation; 1 point behind Manchester United, with a goal difference of -5. Not for the first time this season, Liverpool are dependant on other forces. In this case it’s Hull City. After a wonderful start to the season, the last 7 months of it has been abysmal for them. They are a single point away from safety, their destiny in their own hands. However, they are entertaining a Manchester United side who need win to assure their retention of the Premier League title.

And the whistle blows.

:wellin
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline Jfoz18

• Anny Roader
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 03:22:17 am »
-Daws- that is something that my dad has been sayin for a long time, even things dont seem to be going that well at the moment there is still alot of things to look too, theres 16 games left alot can change, keep the faith lads help the boys in red and lets hope the mancs fuck up this season the jammy shites

Offline Cloggs

• Legacy Fan
  • TAFKAAS
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2009, 05:05:52 am »
For anyone else thinking of replying, look up irony in the dictionary first.

I think this post belongs under "drama queen" not irony.

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 11:02:51 am »
well in daws! that was class. :D
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline lincolnred-dad

• ok i'm an arse. a big fat arse.
  • Kopite
  • It's my bloody fence and I'm sitting on it!
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 11:47:58 am »
i think i get the idea of the post. it's not what happens in it that is the main focus (although thats what some tend to focus on) but the fact that if we found ourselves in a position to win the league on the last day only for it to be snatched away by our own doing then there are people on this site (including many on this thread that have already shown themselves as apt for giving abuse) that would turn on raffa and spout more shit at him then a dozen muck spreaders.

not being happy with how much we've improved to be in the theoretical position described, they'd rather look at the negative and abuse someone until they felt better, prob after they leave.

good idea of a post that tries to get people to stop and think about the big picture before they post (which sadly some have missed, and they could really do with that advise)
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline kopiteste

• Main Stander
    • Bedfordshire Liverpool Supporters
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2009, 12:07:17 pm »
That is fucking excellent!!
Agreed mate! Sorry for biting your head off the other night lad, i was tired and fed up of all the pessimists, so when i read it and it had an overall doom and gloom look i got pissed off. In the light of day i see what you were trying to do, even though i still think our efforts would be better spent supporting the lads rather than thinking about what could happen. That is what i get for using my relaxation time to read forums after doing a load of work. Next time the laptop is a no go zone!

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2009, 05:03:29 pm »
Daws, that is a brilliant piece of writing. This needs to go into "good posts" if not already. :)

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2009, 05:09:54 pm »
Agreed mate! Sorry for biting your head off the other night lad, i was tired and fed up of all the pessimists, so when i read it and it had an overall doom and gloom look i got pissed off. In the light of day i see what you were trying to do, even though i still think our efforts would be better spent supporting the lads rather than thinking about what could happen. That is what i get for using my relaxation time to read forums after doing a load of work. Next time the laptop is a no go zone!

No worries lad,

@rednich85

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2009, 05:13:34 pm »
Daws, that is a brilliant piece of writing. This needs to go into "good posts" if not already. :)

Cheers mate.