Author Topic: Liverpool 1 v Norwich 1 (Bellamy 45+)  (Read 14037 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: Liverpool v Norwich (ESPN 5.30pm)
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2011, 06:14:38 pm »
Norwich have touched the ball in our 18 yard box just 6 times in the first 40 minutes.

Liverpool 25 times in the Norwich box.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2011, 06:15:07 pm »
Think he headed it straight into the defender's shoulder mate, which took the pace off it?

Ah missed that mate, they are not to good on replays here.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2011, 06:15:38 pm »
44 Corner to Norwich, in by Fox to the back post, too high and straight out for a goal kick

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2011, 06:17:32 pm »
45 Gerrard gets into the box and plays a nice one two with Downing, Gerrard tries to bring Suarez into the action but it's too congested and he is crowded out. Into stoppage time.

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2011, 06:17:34 pm »
BELLAMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2011, 06:18:34 pm »
GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL Craig Bellemny, a long clearance by Enrique up to Suarez, who is fouled but the ball find it's way to Bellamy who plays it off the defender and it loops past the keeper. 1-0 Liverpool!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:19:34 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Liverpool 1 v Norwich 0 (ESPN 5.30pm)
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2011, 06:19:05 pm »
Disappointing lack of mention of Fox in the box this half, lads.  :P
What a relief we scored. I was just typing out that Norwich would be delighted to go in 0-0 ;D
Delighted for Craig. Shot heavily deflected but was certainly on target.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2011, 06:19:55 pm »
Disappointing lack of mention of Fox in the box this half, lads.  :P
What a relief we scored. I was just typing out that Norwich would be delighted to go in 0-0 ;D
Delighted for Craig. Shot heavily deflected but was certainly on target.

hehe the commentator on ESPN literally just said that Norwich will be pleased to go in at 0-0 :D. What a jinx you both are....do it again!
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 v Norwich 0 (ESPN 5.30pm) (Bellamy)
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2011, 06:20:28 pm »
BELLAMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was on the cards to be fair, just happy it's finally happened. Against the club he started with.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2011, 06:29:44 pm »
The Bellamy Goal

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/H32rvfNPAcI?version=3&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/H32rvfNPAcI?version=3&amp;</a>

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2011, 06:30:11 pm »
Half time - 1-0 Liverpool

Again we came out of the traps on fire and Norwich couldn't handle us. Again, we faded after 20 minutes and let Norwich back in the game. We stepped it up again the final 10 minutes and thankfully that was rewarded with a goal.

There is always a worry with us that if we don't score after the initial salvo then our opponents will get back into the game. We have to find a way to stop this as it´s been going on all season.

Our other biggest problem season has been our second half performances which have been invariably much weaker than our first halves. Hopefully we keep up the pressure today and keep Norwich quiet.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2011, 06:33:16 pm »
Our other biggest problem season has been our second half performances which have been invariably much weaker than our first halves. Hopefully we keep up the pressure today and keep Norwich quiet.
I agree, but am confident we will kick on today and score more.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
Dirk Kuyt
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2011, 06:34:39 pm »
Is Dirk Kuyt playing with a free role today? He´s literally popped up now in every position. He´s even been in CM a few times helping out. Bellamy has stuck left and Downing right but Kuyt has been on both flanks.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2011, 06:35:11 pm »

And we're off! Kicking towards the Anfield Road End now.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2011, 06:35:28 pm »
Isn't it amazing how people see things differently. Bloke in the half time thread saying Johnson was 'awful'. I thought he was our man of the half. Come on Reds have these!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2011, 06:35:29 pm »
Have we ever forgiven Norwich for the being the last team to score in front of the standing Kop?

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2011, 06:36:24 pm »

A huge goalkick leads to Pilkington getting the ball in the box, he hits a powerful shot along the ground which Reina saves well.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2011, 06:36:38 pm »
Is Dirk Kuyt playing with a free role today? He´s literally popped up now in every position. He´s even been in CM a few times helping out. Bellamy has stuck left and Downing right but Kuyt has been on both flanks.

Seems like he has been given that license to roam. He seems to be popping up quite literally everywhere.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2011, 06:37:47 pm »
The Norwich fans keep booing Bellamy - I get the feeling he is a person who would thrive on this!

Have we ever forgiven Norwich for the being the last team to score in front of the standing Kop?

I heard this on LFC.tv last night, but I thought that the presenter said that was not strictly true? Probably just imagining things though.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2011, 06:38:15 pm »

Downing probes down the right, hits a cross and Kuyt's header is not on target. Bellamy picks up the ball but the attack fizzles out. Downing slides in on Tierney for a foul.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2011, 06:40:32 pm »

Gerrard hits a free kick forward to Suarez, he displays ridiculous skill by cutting through the centre of the Norwich backline and hits a shot which rattles off the goddamn post again!
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2011, 06:41:02 pm »
Denied again by the woodwork! 3 in this match alone. The Suarez song rings out at Anfield. We needs to shave our goalposts at home by maybe an inch or 2 ;)

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2011, 06:41:20 pm »

A huge Reina goal kick ends up with Suarez in the box, tries to square it for Kuyt but it's too short.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2011, 06:42:48 pm »

Gerrard hits a free kick forward to Suarez, he displays ridiculous skill by cutting through the centre of the Norwich backline and hits a shot which rattles off the goddamn post again!

Should point out that he shot across the keeper, defender got a toe on it which deflected it massively the other way. Very well timed interception from Martin, I think it was.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
Re: Liverpool 1 v Norwich 0 (Bellamy 45+)
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »
First half stats for those who likes these things!

http://tinypic.com/r/1z583n8/7
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:45:32 pm by BabuYagu »

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2011, 06:43:56 pm »

The pace of the game is slow and comfortable, only picking up when Suarez gets the ball.

Hoolahan tries a run but he's nudged aside and Gerrard collects the ball. Suarez tries to get to the goal line for a cross but it's blocked and the ball is cleared.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2011, 06:44:20 pm »
First half stats for those who likes these things!

It's a stat that keeps sticking out doesn't it? 4x the number of shots the same number on target.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2011, 06:44:44 pm »

Gerrard now in the box, hits a weak shot with his left which the keeper holds comfortably.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2011, 06:44:52 pm »
Norwich just seem to be backing off from the Liverpool players and allowing them to play. Let's hope they keep doing that!

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2011, 06:45:56 pm »

Hoolahan floats a ball into the box from the left but it goes nowhere.

Elliott Bennett is replaced by Grant Holt, who incidentally spent a year playing in the Singaporean league. It's mind boggling to see him on the grass of Anfield.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2011, 06:46:02 pm »
Early change for Norwich, Bennett off and a striker Holt on. Manager think he can get something out of this.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2011, 06:47:55 pm »

Suarez pings the ball to Bellamy on the left, tries a cross but it's cut out. Bellamy tries another cross, aimed at Downing, he heads it back across the goal but it's intercepted again.

Play switches quickly to our end, Hoolahan sets up Fox who hits a great shot, held well by Reina.

Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2011, 06:47:59 pm »
It's a stat that keeps sticking out doesn't it? 4x the number of shots the same number on target.

Yeah we are actually quite poor with our shooting. I think Dirk would be our only player who I would describe as a finisher. Suarez as brilliant as he is, is quite wasteful with his shooting. Still we you create 5-10 shots per game for yourself, you are allowed to screw up 2/3 of them :D

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2011, 06:48:35 pm »
Elliott Bennett is replaced by Grant Holt, who incidentally spent a year playing in the Singaporean league. It's mind boggling to see him on the grass of Anfield.[/b]
Indeed, and has played non-league here too. Commentator has just said that's now 7 Norwich players today with non-league experience. Great to see.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2011, 06:49:33 pm »
Typical. Just typical. Norwich score.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2011, 06:49:51 pm »

Pilkington hits a great cross into the box, Grant Holt with a bullet header and it's 1-1.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:52:59 pm by Finn Solomon »
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2011, 06:50:17 pm »
Woeful defending. Horrific. Grant Holt steal inbetween 2 defenders and Pepe Reina and headers home. Reina should have done better, Carra looks at Johnson, Johnson looks at Reina and they all are to blame.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Liverpool 1 v Norwich 1 (Bellamy 45+)
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2011, 06:50:40 pm »
60 Downing to Suarez, through to Gerrard, too long, through to keeper

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2011, 06:51:02 pm »
Woeful defending. Horrific. Grant Holt steal inbetween 2 defenders and Pepe Reina and headers home. Reina should have done better, Carra looks at Johnson, Johnson looks at Reina and they all are to blame.
A fair summary that.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2011, 06:51:23 pm »
Yeah we are actually quite poor with our shooting. I think Dirk would be our only player who I would describe as a finisher. Suarez as brilliant as he is, is quite wasteful with his shooting. Still we you create 5-10 shots per game for yourself, you are allowed to screw up 2/3 of them :D

See here now we have the problem with missing those 2/3 chances. We really should be 4/5 goals up, but now that we have missed so many chances we are level. Now we have to do all the hard work again to get back in front.