Author Topic: King Kenny and Expectations.  (Read 10370 times)

Offline flashman

• Lacking Cum Stilettos
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: King Kenny and Expectations.
« Reply #160 on: January 9, 2011, 04:02:38 am »
Has Mike Kelly gone ?

Offline La Ligapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • So Raise the Scarlet Standard High
Re: King Kenny and Expectations.
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2011, 09:24:01 am »
I thought I'd bump this instead of starting a new thread about our expectations for next season.
Reading this was interesting as I'm getting a slight repeat of the nervousness that the OP displays.
Back then, he was warning against fans expecting a miracle and the general concensus was that we should just be happy if the team came together as one and played more attractive football.
This was certainly the case. So much so that many of us (me included) are drooling at the thought of the coming season.
Like most older reds though, I've had far too many let down seasons. The ones where we did well the season before and then made good purchases or where our end of season form was so good that we look set up for a proper challenge.
Almost all of these have ended in disappointment.
I worry that the optimism is so strong that anything other than a stunning season will see the majority of fans bitterly disappointed.
If we just don't jell or the new players don't deliver and we have an awful start the feeling of disappointment could be shattering for many fans.
If we end up out of the cups and finishing fifth this could be seen as progress but with even the likes of Rooney and Voldermort predicting we will challenge for the title, it probably won't feel like it.
I guess I'm just hoping we can keep our feet on the ground and give Kenny and the team our patience and support. If it doesn't work this season I hope the fan base doesn't get dishearetened, or even worse, turn on the players and management.
I don't mean to sound pesimistic. As I say, I'm almost breathless with excitement. I'm just trying to keep my feet on the ground and hope fellow reds can do the same.
A new era begins.
Let's be patient,
It feels good,
German with a Brazilian flavour
@mowords