Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (home vs Chelsea - 01/05 - 19:00 ko) (*)  (Read 597983 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Liverpool Ladies FC - 2 out of 3 isn't bad yer know!!! (*)
« Reply #2440 on: January 20, 2016, 02:18:49 pm »
How are we expecting the ladies to perform in the coming season with all the changes?
I'd imagine the primary target would be to finish higher than we did last season ;) However, kellan should be along shortly with a really powerful and erudite summary of how the squad changes across the league affect expectations. There is no denying that we have slipped down the expected pecking order of things and I personally would be (pleasantly!) surprised to see us competing for anything higher than third.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2441 on: January 20, 2016, 02:33:35 pm »
Things are looking an awful lot better than they did a few months ago. Most will say that Arsenal, Chelsea and City have broken away at the top now. How far ahead they are for this season remains to be seen but they aren't any weaker. So straight away we're looking at somewhere between 4th-9th as a guestimate. (Nine clubs this year, ask the FA to explain that not me). I would put us at the better end of that 4th-9th bracket and comfortably so. On paper at least. I'm not concerned about the relegation fight or threat no more. So long as we steer clear of an injury crisis like last season's we should be perfectly fine in regards to that. If we get it very right then I do think at least one of the front three could be close enough to stick with. I'll go back to this prediction once the window closes.

On the transfer front it's eight out and six in by my count. So you would think two more are coming. But that's it for known signings now, the three we were waiting for official confirmation on have come in the last few days. Any more would be surprises unless something leaks between now and then.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2442 on: January 28, 2016, 04:17:26 pm »
Liverpool Ladies have signed Wales winger Natasha Harding after her release by Manchester City Women.

The former Cardiff City and Bristol Academy forward moved to City last March after a switch to Washington Spirit in the United States fell through when she was denied a visa.

The 26-year-old's exit comes after City signed Sweden striker Kosovare Asllani.

"This is a great move for me and I cannot wait to get started," she told the club website.

"The squad at Liverpool Ladies is a really young and ambitious one with huge potential."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35430560

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2443 on: February 2, 2016, 07:21:05 pm »
Alex Greenwood signs :)
http://ladies.liverpoolfc.com/news/reds_sign_england_international_greenwood.html#LyGTcg4lsqvhXeI0.97

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35472790

Liverpool have signed England defender Alex Greenwood from fellow Women's Super League One side Notts County.

Greenwood, 22, featured in the 2015 Women's World Cup and is the club's eighth signing of the transfer window.

"This is a fantastic move for me and I am really enthusiastic about the new season," she told the club's website.

"I had a great year at Notts County but this represents an exciting, new challenge and one that I am really looking forward to."

The fee, which is undisclosed, is a club record sale for Notts County who "reluctantly" accepted the offer from Liverpool.

"We received a significant bid from Liverpool, which was close to our valuation for the player, and considering her wish to leave we reluctantly accepted the offer," Notts County Ladies chief executive Matthew Alexander said.

Squad is looking much better than it was a few weeks ago, a couple of smart signings :)
« Last Edit: February 2, 2016, 07:24:47 pm by HoinkDoink »
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline SabrinaLFC

• Queen of the pictures thread
  • Kopite
« Reply #2444 on: February 12, 2016, 08:37:34 pm »
Asisat Oshoala: Liverpool Ladies accept Arsenal's bid for striker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35411170

Anyone know what this was all about? Saw this headline a few weeks back, but heard nothing since

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: February 14, 2016, 07:15:47 pm »
Asisat Oshoala: Liverpool Ladies accept Arsenal's bid for striker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35411170

Anyone know what this was all about? Saw this headline a few weeks back, but heard nothing since
Nothing has happened since, at least not publically anyway. As far as I can tell she hasn't been in the country and I think is still at home in Nigeria. What is certain is that she hasn't started preseason with us. But the team are due to go to South Africa in a couple of days and it could be that we always planned for her own preseason to start once she meets up with us there save her coming here just to then go back out that way again. I do expect she will leave however.

Rogers has said the squad is finished now.

Transfer window closes March 18th.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2446 on: March 22, 2016, 06:24:20 pm »
I've been neglecting this thread in recent months. Oops.

First league game of the season is tomorrow night vs Birmingham - 7.30pm - Select Security Stadium, Widnes, WA8 7DZ

Man City vs Notts County
Arsenal vs Reading
Doncaster vs Chelsea
Sunderland's turn to have a bye week. Nine teams this year ::)

Links:
Liverpool Ladies - twitter, facebook
FA WSL - twitter, facebook,
LFCladiesfans - twitter, liverpoolladiesfans.blogspot.co.uk

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2447 on: March 22, 2016, 06:26:56 pm »
I forgot to say that I have a spare season ticket if anybody would like to make use of it.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2448 on: March 22, 2016, 09:36:12 pm »
Nothing has happened since, at least not publically anyway. As far as I can tell she hasn't been in the country and I think is still at home in Nigeria. What is certain is that she hasn't started preseason with us. But the team are due to go to South Africa in a couple of days and it could be that we always planned for her own preseason to start once she meets up with us there save her coming here just to then go back out that way again. I do expect she will leave however.

Just to update on this, Oshoala completed her move to Arsenal last week. She had a release clause in her contract that Arsenal met.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #2449 on: March 23, 2016, 01:21:03 am »
Seriously.

The bastards. We are developing a bit of history with them on player transfers are we not? The woman's games getting a bit more roughshod at the corporate level. Triggered release clause! She was good damn it.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2450 on: March 23, 2016, 03:10:51 am »
I forgot to say that I have a spare season ticket if anybody would like to make use of it.

Be sure and inform anyone using your ticket that they have to post a match report on Rawk.. ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: March 23, 2016, 09:00:16 pm »
We're winning 1-0 atm but down to 10 after Van Den Berg was just sent off. Birmingham have missed two penalties :D Need to try and hang on here though. Think there's like 15 mins left.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2452 on: March 23, 2016, 09:45:41 pm »
We're winning 1-0 atm but down to 10 after Van Den Berg was just sent off. Birmingham have missed two penalties :D Need to try and hang on here though. Think there's like 15 mins left.

I see it finished 1-0! Sounds like we rode our luck a little bit but great to see the much changed Ladies side get off to a winning start :)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: March 23, 2016, 09:56:53 pm »
I see it finished 1-0! Sounds like we rode our luck a little bit but great to see the much changed Ladies side get off to a winning start :)

It did mate, completely forgot to post. You could say that, 2 saved/missed pens and 1 red card, definitely got a little lucky. Considering the revamp that the squad went through and losing a fair amount of key players in the transfer window I consider that a very good start.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2454 on: July 31, 2016, 02:50:08 pm »
After years of reading RAWK, I've finally been able to register  :)

Anyway, Liverpool are playing Arsenal in the WSL today - kick off is at 3pm and here's a link to watch the match:

http://hdfree.tv/watch/32/bt-sport-europe-live-stream.html

After a slow start to the league, we're starting to improve, but it's come too late to challenge for the title, as we're currently 10 points behind Man City (and they have a game in hand). However, we're comfortably mid-table with, barring any major cock-ups, no chance of getting relegated - Donny Rovers are rock bottom with no points.

The team is: Chamberlain, Murray, Bonner (C), Ingle, Van den Berg, Longhurst, Coombs, Zelem, Van de Sanden, Harding, Weir
Subs: Gibbons, Harris, Hodson, Green, Charles, Lundh

No Rosie White, as she's part of the New Zealand Olympics team and on the opposite side, former Reds  :'( Fara Williams starts and Asisat Oshoala is on the bench.

I'll probably only listen to the match as I've got work to do, but might try and do some match reports for other matches in the season.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: July 31, 2016, 03:11:44 pm »
Ladies wearing the new 3rd kit..  8)

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2456 on: July 31, 2016, 03:12:52 pm »
Fara scores 1-0 Arsenal..deflected goal, tough luck.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: July 31, 2016, 03:12:57 pm »
Talk about being stuffy. Wicked deflection leads to Arsenal taking the lead.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2458 on: July 31, 2016, 03:13:49 pm »
Arsenal 1 - nil up...Fara strikes from outside the box, it takes a wicked deflection off of Bonner and the ball loops over Chamberlain.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2459 on: July 31, 2016, 03:19:46 pm »
This commentator is talking shit going on about how scoring against Man City was some huge achievement for Liverpool.

Great attempt by Harding there.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2460 on: July 31, 2016, 03:24:32 pm »
What a goal that was!! 1-1.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2461 on: July 31, 2016, 03:24:34 pm »
This commentator is talking shit going on about how scoring against Man City was some huge achievement for Liverpool.

Historically, it's not, but this season Man City have only conceded two goals in 9 games (and currently winning 2-0 against Sunderland), so it's a big deal for this season.

And Liverpool level with a fantastic goal from Van de Sanden!

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2462 on: July 31, 2016, 03:25:10 pm »
1-1 the Dutch dynamo.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2463 on: July 31, 2016, 03:39:28 pm »
There's never any pressure at all from Liverpool players around our own box. Just letting Arsenal do what they like with it while we stand there twiddling thumbs.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2464 on: July 31, 2016, 03:48:07 pm »
Zelem misses a good opportunity to put us 2-1 up there...had a bit more time than she thought she did.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2465 on: July 31, 2016, 04:12:14 pm »
Bonner probably lucky to avoid yellow there after kicking an Arsenal player in the chest. Arsenal on the front foot at the beginning of the second half.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2466 on: July 31, 2016, 04:13:51 pm »
Oof. Murray runs from one end of the pitch to the other but just runs out of steam at the end!

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2467 on: July 31, 2016, 04:24:05 pm »
A fantastic counter attack from us: Weir with a wonderful ball in the box to Van de Sanden who is one-on-one with the Arsenal goalie. Goalie makes a wonderful save, leading to an Arsenal counter attack, leading to some last ditch tackling in the Liverpool box.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2468 on: July 31, 2016, 04:38:24 pm »
Another top quality goal, Weir from a 20 yard free kick into the top left corner. 2-1 with 13 mins + stoppage time left.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2469 on: July 31, 2016, 04:39:11 pm »
Weir scores!! A free kick from the right side of the box, into the top left corner of the goal. Arsenal goalie nowhere. 2-1 to us!

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2470 on: July 31, 2016, 04:48:51 pm »
How was that not 3-1? van der Sanden was in on goal yet decides to pass it across goal and then Lundh mishits it from 5 yards out.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2471 on: July 31, 2016, 05:02:21 pm »
A win for the mighty reds  ;D  2-1.

I think Van de Sanden was probably the best player on the pitch. Scored one and for the want of better finishing could have had another and an assist.

We remain in 5th place, four points behind Birmingham but with a game in hand.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #2472 on: July 31, 2016, 05:22:24 pm »
Good result and two superb goals.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2473 on: August 1, 2016, 06:33:21 pm »
4 minute highlights of the Arsenal vs Liverpool game...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DVkbBmfoGFg?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DVkbBmfoGFg?fs=1</a>
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2474 on: August 1, 2016, 07:54:02 pm »
That's a hell of an equaliser!!!

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2475 on: October 9, 2016, 02:51:00 pm »
Playing Doncaster away, it's half-time at the moment and we're 2-1 up after going 1-0 down. Caroline Weir has hit two outstanding goals.

You can watch it online on the LFC Facebook page, if anyone is feeling deprived of Liverpool related live footy.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #2476 on: October 9, 2016, 03:59:00 pm »
Finished 3-1. Natasha Harding scored the third.

Our last match of the season is at home against Arsenal on the 6th November. Tickets are £5 in advance for adults, £6 on the gate. I might go, if I can.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #2477 on: December 13, 2016, 01:24:41 pm »
Casey Stoney has signed from Arsenal.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2478 on: December 13, 2016, 02:38:43 pm »
Casey Stoney has signed from Arsenal.

Just seen this on the official site. It was only a matter of time before we signed her IMO, we were linked with her a few times in previous seasons. Shame we're only signing her in the twilight of her career though.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2479 on: December 13, 2016, 03:37:14 pm »
She was one of Arsenal's better players last season