Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 245840 times)

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
Cancer
« on: June 19, 2009, 06:45:51 pm »
What a horrible cunting thing this is, ruining everything for everyone, fucking c*nt.

That is it, sorry had to get it out somewhere, better than punching a wall or something.
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Cancer
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:51:59 pm »
Indeed, it is a fucking evil thing. Already lost a family member to it (a lady who leaves behind an 8 year old daughter), and dread it happening again.

Though you shouldnt really worry about what ifs, its hard not to sometimes.

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 07:07:11 pm »
Agreed it's fucking evil. I've lost half a dozen family members to it in the last 15 years, all between 40 and 65. I fucking hate it with a passion.

Maybe it's just me but I'm often saying to the wife how when I was a little kid, it seemed like it was a lot less prevalent. You'd hear of it but not often. Nowadays almost every family seems to be touched by the fucking thing.
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 07:12:17 pm »
Lost my sister aged 40 nearly one year ago; leaving behind 2 boys, 12 and 14 and 1 girl aged 7; beautiful children.......what an awful time for my parents.

It's an awful thing and I sympathise with anyone it touches.

Think about her every damn day.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline OOT'erConnie

• ...but I'm alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 07:18:16 pm »
Touch wood, has never affected anyone in my family to my knowledge. Horrible horrible thing, although I can't begin to imagine the pain of seeing someone suffer from it.

Offline The Mrs

• is smashing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ex
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 07:19:15 pm »
What a horrible cunting thing this is, ruining everything for everyone, fucking c*nt.

That is it, sorry had to get it out somewhere, better than punching a wall or something.
Are you ok?
Plenty of people here if you need to chat
xxx
Most definitely DID NOT start this whole skin wearing malarky!!

Offline shippers

• The Fat Banana AKA Bicycyle Man!
  • Kopite
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 07:22:55 pm »
Agreed it's fucking evil. I've lost half a dozen family members to it in the last 15 years, all between 40 and 65. I fucking hate it with a passion.

Maybe it's just me but I'm often saying to the wife how when I was a little kid, it seemed like it was a lot less prevalent. You'd hear of it but not often. Nowadays almost every family seems to be touched by the fucking thing.

I think that may well be because previous generations tended to keep illnesses quieter. I think they where most probably more used to earlier mortality, whether through warfare or living/working conditions. There where also a lot more fatal illnesses knocking around in the community I think which didn't have the stigma of being "self-inflicted". Lot's of people died because of TB (including my newly discovered birth Grandma, found out a couple of years ago I was adopted in L17)  Treatment of diabetes and asthmas and other chronic conditions was less advanced that it is now, as well as all the other occupational illnesses that people "just got on with"

But as the OP said, cancer's still a bastard. The bloke who had influenced me most in my working life died about 10 years ago, in his early 40's, and I've lost ex-colleagues before they even hit 40 to it. Some of those I've discovered left through Facebook. Maybe a factor in our knowing about it, is that though our communities are less local, they are wider in some sense.

I had to go to Clatterbridge for a bone density scan the other day, and I was just weirded out being there. I think it'll always have that stigma about it.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 07:24:56 pm »
I had a form of alopecia as a child and therefore more immune to catching other types of cancer. Fucking worrying. My Uncle died of it when I was a teenager. You can never be too careful, so never be too proud/stupid to say you want to go to a doctor and get things checked. My Auntie said he complained about headaches for a week up until he was diagnosed with a brain tumour.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 07:30:40 pm »

As one of the above posters has just said.......something must have triggered your post........I really hope you're OK mate.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 07:31:28 pm »
Lost my grandad to pancreatic cancer, coming up 5 years now, that was bad and he was 80. Now someone I know, a friend of my dad's who I grew up on the same street and with his kid only has months or even weeks to live. He is only in his 40's, and from being fine to within a few months he can barely walk. Horrible thing.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 07:32:17 pm »
Lost one of my friends in November from a brain tumour, she was 35. And in April one of my friend's mums died - she went into hospital on the Hillsborough anniversary thinking she had a slipped disc, 12 days later she was dead from lung and spinal cancer. Absolutely devastating disease, and terrifying the way it can take someone so quickly.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 07:56:16 pm »
My four year old granddaughter contracted Neuroblastoma stage 4 at the age of two, after some very upsetting and extreme treatment she has been given a speculative all clear.
She won't be given a full all clear till she leaves her teens as Neuroblastoma is a child cancer with a high mortality rate
we take each day as it comes and cherish every single day as if it is and could be the last
whoever has been diagnosed in your family Walshy will need you to be strong for them
chin up mate if you can, I know what your going through mate so try and be strong, I'll be thinking of you.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 08:09:36 pm »
You alright Walshy la?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 08:30:44 pm »
Lost a mate at 15 to testicular cancer....at 15!

Testicular cancer!!.....didnt think you could develop that til your forties

Check myself every single day since he first got it (aged 13!!)

To the OP, hope things are ok for you mate
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 09:24:28 pm »
Yeah everone, cheers for asking, im ok, found out today though that my older sister has 6 months at best left.

She pretty much raised me

Gutted.
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 09:26:01 pm »
That's just awful, so sorry to hear that. :(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 09:58:56 pm »
So sorry to hear that walshy, lke everyones said hope you ok and theres plenty of people offering support on here.

My dad has been suffering with cancer for the last three years.I was gutted when he was diagnosed but we were told it was treatable.In November last year he was told it a lot worse and had become acute,and he had anywhere between 6 months and 2 years.Its heartbreaking it really is.Since Jan 6th this year he whas spent 24 days at home.Theres nothing worse than seeing someone suffering.i guess and i know its a cliche youve just got to spend as much time as you can with them.Ive grown closer to my dad in the last 6 months than i ever have in my 33 years.it was a strange one when he was told that was it basically an d they could only treat him for "quality of life" . I spent days in my room with my dad downstairs not knowing what the fuck to say to him.when i finally had the balls if i can call it that to go to him i just broke down.My relationship with my dad is now awesome,just a shame it has taken something like this for proper father son relationship to develop.

hope your ok mate.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 10:02:58 pm »
I want to say be strong mate; but sometime you gotta cry...........fuck! I really feel for you and yours right now.

Walk On mate.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 10:03:58 pm »
Sorry to hear about that mate its a horrible disease, you never no what you got till its gone.

Just try and make the most out of the next 6 months with you sister mate, ino it will be hard, hope your alrite pal. thoughts are with you and family!

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 10:10:14 pm »
Ah Jesus man that's fucking awful, live the next couple of months with her to the fullest

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 10:10:35 pm »
Sorry to hear about your sister mate.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline somersetred

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 10:14:37 pm »
Sorry to hear about that mate its a terrible disease, i have lost 2 people very dear to me through it

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 10:47:47 pm »
Fuckin abs horrible c*nt it is. What's fucking annoying is it toys with you. Goes and comes back, doesn't respond to treatment, people who are going well with treatment all of a sudden with a wall and doesn't respond...etc

When you see it hitting someone who is close to you, you fuckin realise what a bastid it is

Unfortunately our way of life has made it more and more common. Years ago people hardly got it. Now nearly everyone does

So sorry to hear about your sister. Enjoy every moment you can with her
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 10:49:21 pm by buzzing »
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 10:54:13 pm »
Next door neighbour is a good blue and spent last 2 seasons bantering with him re Everton/Liverpool.  He used to always be doing the garden even in mid winter when pool had lost and knew I'd be traipsing home.  Never seen him for days when we beat Everton.

Got news last week he's not just got it in the liver (he doesn't drink either) but it's spread to the glands.  With chaemo he may see Xmas.  But he's not going for it as he wants to be relatively healthy as long as he can.  He's mid 50's.

Awful disease, and can strike anyone at random.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 11:15:44 pm »
my niece was born with Cancer (Retinoblastoma Cancer) its cancer of the retina in the eye. it effects 1 in 17,000 kids and she got it. she had to lose one of her eyes so she has a false eye now and will do for the rest of her life, my nephew is a carrier of the gene so he probably wont have it but his kids might if he was to have any when he was older.

My mother was diagnosed with breast Cancer last year as well.

its such a horrible thing.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 11:24:36 pm »
Many if not most of its forms are beatable if diagnosed and treated early.

There are loads of cancer survivors all over these boards.  I'm a two-time winner.

Get regular checkups and blood work done at least once a year, I've had mates diagnosed with cancer in one area when they were inquiring about another.

One thing I'll say about dealing with people with cancer.  Don't treat us like victims and don't show pity or sympathy.  We hate it.  Don't let the first thing you say be 'How are you feeling?'  Smile and treat us as though we're (healthy) just like you and see if we bring it up.

We won't  ;).
Kill the humourless

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 11:37:40 pm »
Lost my dad to it, will be 5yrs next month but seems like yesterday. Family life has never been the same since. My mum's never been the same either. My dad was my best friend as well and it turns your whole world upside down, you can't have the same laughs with other people. I often go into a cocoon psychologically torturing myself that he isn't here while others are enjoying themselves. Just gutted he hasn't been here to see the joy of Istanbul or share some of our family's happiest moments such as my brother's wedding, job promotions and sister's baby being born, the first in the family.

Totally gutted.

If detected early you're in good nick and no reason why you can't beat it. Don't overlook a minor sign as its best to safe than sorry. It only takes a trip to the Dr. And jambutty is right, don't treat suffers any different. I work with them and they don't need sympathy but take strength from the fact they're not a sympathy case but treated as any other human being. With respect.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 11:39:42 pm by Cruiser »
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 11:51:26 pm »
Auntie of mine died of it in March. There's been loads of bitching about the funerals organisation/ where the ashes would go throughout my family. (Very silly I know, they all acted like like complete fucking twats for a few weeks). So the VERY DAY her ashes were buried and things seemed to be sorted, an uncle of mine comes home(been living in Spain) to say he has cancer and needs treatment over here. Five year treatment ahead. Thankfully it's very treatable. Still unbelievable the way it turned out though.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 11:54:29 pm »
Gutted, really sorry to hear that mate :( I lost my grandad to it, but at least he had a good long life.. it's just awful to hear when people get it before their time.

Not a week goes by in the travel agency i'm working in without a customer cancelling a holiday due to cancer  :-\

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 11:58:04 pm »
Lost my kind of mother in law to it back in August of '99.

She was 75 at the time, and the fittest woman I'd ever known.  She could out do me walking alone. 

A brain tumour was diagnosed some days after being rushed to hospital.  She had a biopsy done to check out the tumour.  It was diagnosed as malignant, and one of the very fierce forms of cancer.  There was no way back for her.  I felt sick and completely helpless at the time.  I just tried to do my best to support my fella.

She was eventually brought back to a local hospital in Frome, where she eventually passed away. 

To this day, I just can't get over the fact that we knew she could go at any time, but she waited until we entered her room and realised she was among people she knew and loved before she took her last breath.

She wasn't my mum.  My mum had passed on 26 years previously, but I still felt an enormous amount of pain at her passing.

http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 11:59:21 pm »
Yeah everone, cheers for asking, im ok, found out today though that my older sister has 6 months at best left.

Gutted.

Sorry to hear that mate. My best wishes to your sister, you and your family. Absolute c*nt of a disease, and I really feel for you. As people have said, everyone on here will be more than happy to hear from you when you feel you need to talk or just let off steam.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2009, 12:21:36 am »
I've lost people to it people close to me so I know how your feeling were all here for ya Walshy mate.
I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2009, 12:48:34 am »
My dad apparently smoked about 30 cigs a day, until my great grandad caught the disease.  He was a veteran of the war (first).  He knew he was dying in 1977, lung cancer, and kept it to himself until the last couple of weeks.  Smoked fags called 'park drive' all his life which had no filters which I think is banned now.  At his deathbed he grabbed my mum and dad's hands and signalled to them 'this was it'.

They watched him take his last breath.  My dad never smoked again.

Offline Melanie.

• Redheads Rule. Redheaded REDS rule MORE. Fact. Vodka-sucking-non-warbling-Dorothy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has red hair
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2009, 01:18:32 am »

Gutted.
Very sorry to hear that.
One of the boys I teach lost his mum to breast cancer earlier in the year. She was only 31.
3 days before she died, she got a friend to drive her up to school so she could thank us all in person for all the counselling we'd organised for them and paying for the residential trip he'd gone on. It was very emotional.
to be honest I didn't know the old meaning but having googled, this means the next time someone called me ginger pubes i can go "NO! FIRE_CROTCH"
Me too.

Offline Andy2006

• Legacy Fan
  • Telephone!
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 06:20:20 pm »
The modern day plague. Fucking horrible thing it is and sorry about your sister Walshy.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2009, 06:57:02 pm »
Feel for you Walshy, just found out this week my grandpa has 12 months at most left. But your sister mate, thats shit. Im no real Christian but its things like this that really make me hope for a heaven.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2009, 07:17:37 pm »
My Dad lost his sister and mother to it within a couple of years of one another. Sorry to hear about that Walshy:(
hi

Offline Meg7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2009, 09:33:14 pm »
Really sorry to hear about your sister. I hope you try and make the best of her time left. She's lucky to have a brother like you

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2009, 10:01:25 pm »
I've lost so many people to this dreaded disease and my aunt is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer. We'll know her prognosis once she's had her scan. I personally had thyroid cancer 7 years ago but thankfully I'm still here to tell the tale. One thing I gained from my diagnosis is not to take things for granted and to enjoy every day to its fullest. I hope you're all able to do this together as a family and gain many more happy memories.
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline Madigano

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2009, 10:30:49 pm »
Took my nan 7 years ago, had it in the bones. Twat of a disease - hoping one day in the future they find a cure for it!!