Author Topic: What Lucas brings to the team. What Babel might bring.  (Read 44127 times)

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
Re: What Lucas brings to the team. What Babel might bring.
« Reply #240 on: December 8, 2010, 09:47:01 am »
Aye, great energy - worked his socks . Promising future this lad...hope its with us for years to come.

Aye. He's been one of the few who has put in a decent shift for most games so far this season. He's sure been doing all those little tricks that show his confidence.  Nice one :champ
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #241 on: December 8, 2010, 12:31:47 pm »
Mentioned this aspect of him in a recent post:

What's more, he seems to be one of a handful who really care about the club - he sticks up for his team-mates and isn't hesistant in letting the referee know what he thinks.  I'm not quite old enough to clearly remember Evans' side but, certainly under Gerard and Rafa, we've often seemed too nice.  I remember it all kicking off in the pre-season against Feyenoord a couple of years ago - Agger & Gerrard vs Drenthe.  It was good to see in many ways.  I'm not saying I want similar to the regular scenes in Arsenal v Chelsea games over the last 6/7 years, but a bit of collective spirit goes a long way towards a successful team.

Not asking for a team of gobshites but it's nice to see a bit of spirit and unity amongst the eleven on the pitch - of the current crop, I'd say that Lucas is the best at giving off in support of his mates.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #242 on: December 8, 2010, 01:12:24 pm »
Mentioned this aspect of him in a recent post:

Not asking for a team of gobshites but it's nice to see a bit of spirit and unity amongst the eleven on the pitch - of the current crop, I'd say that Lucas is the best at giving off in support of his mates.

I agree with this, he is real Captain material, always encouraging and communicating with his team mates. 

Two things I noticed at the Villa game on Monday:
One was that Lucas must have been going for a world record in thumbs up to team mates during the match  :) and secondly the way he and Raul walked off the pitch together with their arms around each others shoulders.  They do seem to be getting on really well, certainly on the pitch.  Long may it continue as I feel it is a part of Lucas's improved form, his understanding with Raul.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: December 8, 2010, 07:47:00 pm »
I agree with this, he is real Captain material, always encouraging and communicating with his team mates. 

Two things I noticed at the Villa game on Monday:
One was that Lucas must have been going for a world record in thumbs up to team mates during the match  :) and secondly the way he and Raul walked off the pitch together with their arms around each others shoulders.  They do seem to be getting on really well, certainly on the pitch.  Long may it continue as I feel it is a part of Lucas's improved form, his understanding with Raul.

A Meirucas midfield.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

royhendo

« Reply #244 on: January 18, 2011, 06:26:44 pm »
Ah well - twas an adventure Ryan, twas an adventure. :)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2011, 08:42:23 pm »
Ah well - twas an adventure Ryan, twas an adventure. :)

Well, Yorky did say "might" bring.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: November 28, 2011, 01:28:03 am »
This deserves to be read again
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2011, 04:35:17 pm »
There are some great posts on here, but who honestly thought when the thread was opened that we would all be devastated if the lad got injured badly?  Who honestly thought he would become such a  massive player for us in less than 3 seasons?  Get well soon Lucas. 
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't