Author Topic: Liverpool FC 2001 - Treble Winners - What Happened Next?  (Read 12421 times)

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
Re: Liverpool FC 2001 - Treble Winners - What Happened Next?
« Reply #40 on: April 2, 2011, 01:34:46 pm »
during the fa cup game i jumped on top of my tv - when Owen scored the winner
fell off and dislocated my shoulder - so i wont be forgetting  that season in a hurry - but 10 years? fuck me
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline You'll Never Walk Alone

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys...
« Reply #41 on: April 2, 2011, 05:29:18 pm »
Looking at some of their ages and you really do forget how long ago that was. I was only a kid but can still remember those finals well.

Nice one anyway mate, always a good read.

Very much the same as me, I was nine during this season, and the League cup was the first trophy is saw us win. Still gives me a great feeling reading about it, the parade around Liverpool was fantastic too. I didn't seem it to me at the time, but it really was a fantastic achievement to play in every game possible that season.
Quote from: Youll Never Walk Alone on September  2, 2007, 12:38:14 PM
Voronin = Bargain.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #42 on: April 2, 2011, 06:54:22 pm »
Great season,some great games,great performances and some great days away.Great read,always good to hear what ex-reds are upto.