Author Topic: Latest from Anfield Road on Gillett, RBS and Broughton  (Read 25446 times)

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
Re: Latest from Anfield Road on Gillett, RBS and Broughton
« Reply #160 on: August 2, 2010, 12:03:44 am »
There is no press conference planned for tommorow
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline hkkop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #161 on: August 2, 2010, 12:22:31 am »
Do we know which wealth fund is backing Huang ?

according to the Chinese press, it's Franklin Templeton Investments, subsidiary of Franklin Resources, a Fortune 500 company.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #162 on: August 2, 2010, 12:31:48 am »
Yes

And no, you don't owe me a bevvy, being sceptical is healthy

The real fight begins now
Already wrote my letter to RBS this morning mate from Fatties thread, getting posted first thing, hope this is true and yes the fight won't end till they are gone and we have fit and proper owners, was only thinking this morning what I wouldn't give to just have 5 minutes on the old Kop enjoying the footie.
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #163 on: August 2, 2010, 01:42:42 am »
according to the Chinese press, it's Franklin Templeton Investments, subsidiary of Franklin Resources, a Fortune 500 company.

They're not a sovereign wealth fund though?

China Investment Corporation or Safe (not really sovereign wealth fund I know) are the usual two who buy big investments overseas for China.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2010, 01:45:12 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: August 2, 2010, 03:43:02 am »
Is the soveregin wealth fund Temasek Holdings of Singapore?

Interesting connections: largest shareholder in Standard Chartered and owns stakes in Bank of China and China Construction Bank.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #165 on: August 2, 2010, 05:14:35 am »
I haven't prayed in fucking years but I will do so for a couple of hours today. I don't want anything more than new owners for our club.

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: August 2, 2010, 07:25:14 am »
Interesting connections: largest shareholder in Standard Chartered and owns stakes in Bank of China and China Construction Bank.

I don't think it's gonna be Temasek. They investment mainly in Asia Pacific. If it's going to be an investment from the island city state, more likely to be Government Investment Corporation. They do more global investments.  However, i think it's very unlikely that either will be keen. They do not have the expertise to managed a club. however if they do, expect them to be in for the long haul. Most of their investments are long term in nature.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #167 on: August 2, 2010, 02:04:57 pm »
Read this the other day - just wanted to say a thank-you to Andy for posting this up here.

As he said, being sceptical is no bad thing from our point of view. We should continue to put pressure on RBS and we'll see what happens with Huang's bid and he will be judged on his merits as the Yanks have.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #168 on: August 2, 2010, 04:49:59 pm »
I don't think it's gonna be Temasek. They investment mainly in Asia Pacific. If it's going to be an investment from the island city state, more likely to be Government Investment Corporation. They do more global investments.  However, i think it's very unlikely that either will be keen. They do not have the expertise to managed a club. however if they do, expect them to be in for the long haul. Most of their investments are long term in nature.

Temasek Holdings made a number of botched investment decisions which were short-sighted at best.

The most notable was its purchase of a 3.8% stake in Merill Lynch in 2007, then selling it just 2 years later when the stock value was rock-bottom, making a ridiculous loss of US$4.6bn in the process.

So while the vision of GIC and Temasek might differ a little (both are I think wholly owned by the singaporean government), they are not necessarily interested in only long-term investment.

They are also an intensely private wealth fund, with very little transparency of what's going on inside.

The final word? I don't think its a positive link if Temasek or GIC gets involved.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 2, 2010, 05:01:00 pm »
don't think it is Temasek or GIC from Singapore..
KH is backed by Chinese sovereign funds..
White liquid in a bottle. It's milk, for sure.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #170 on: August 2, 2010, 06:21:24 pm »
from TIA:

Huang is the head of Hong Kong based investment company QSL Sports Ltd and is thought to be keen to get the deal through as quickly as possible to allow new Reds boss Roy Hodgson the funds to sign new players before the transfer window closes on August 31st.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2010, 02:51:35 pm »
A few weeks ago, a reporter on SSN mentioned he knew of a 'serious' bidder waiting in the wings to make an offer.

There is a line in the Anfield Road article that mentions a 'serious' bidder waiting in the wings.

Who is this?

We keep getting drip-fed pieces about third parties, acting on behalf of anonymous billionaire investors all based in the Middle East but no one knows who these people are. however, SSN and Anfield Road do know of someone. Isn't is about time they told us who this is?

Also, isn't it slightly perverse that this 'serious' bidder isn't pushing harder to make a bid stick? I mean, are they not that concerned about the club that they will let us slip into administration before entering the fray... If they are fans and not just commercial investors, why would they wait this long and allow the club to reach the edge of extinction?

I'm worried that the fabled 'serious' bidder doesn't exist and if they do, we deserve to know who they are!

just out of interest your first post gives the indication that you are not part of the loop, when did you become part of the lop then?

People just like huang will can be opportunist's on a forum as well, god knows why some are that sad ::)

As for most of the rest, as with football after the event so many hindsight experts and on a personal note posters like pony tail trying to take the moral high ground about scare mongering is so laughable funniest comment yet! ::)
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2010, 02:53:56 pm »
There is no press conference planned for tommorow

have Chelsea got a game tomorrow?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway