Author Topic: Liverpool vs Norwich City - Carrow Road Sunday 20th April  (Read 111481 times)

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
Liverpool vs Norwich City - Carrow Road Sunday 20th April
« on: April 15, 2014, 12:05:06 pm »
The anticipation of this awaiting this thread to be opened has led me to open it myself.

This season is killing me, everytime expectations are met I expect a bit more.. what was probably seen as unexpectable at the beginning of the season is now within reach of our expectations and it's mindblowing. This season has already surpassed even the most optimistic Liverpool supporters dreams and whether we do or we don't my optimism even ahead of next season is infuckingcredible.

On Sunday we travel to Carrow Road, Luis Suarez' favourite ground and we can only hope he's going to break the 30 goal barrier this weekend and then some. Norwich City centre backs are probably drawing straws for who gets to fake an injury and come off first. If Sturridge is out I imagine a Luis Suarez led line with a powerful midfield trio containing possibly Joe Allen & Lucas Leiva together with Coutinho pulling the strings slightly further forward (I imagine this will be the cause of much debate in this thread)

Andre Marriner is the referee and it could've been worse in my opinion. 

Echoing the words of our illustrious Captain lets not let this fucking slip now!!!!

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: Liverpool vs Norwich City - Carrow Road Sunday 20th April
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:06:01 pm »
Lucas and Allen in, Sturridge and Henderson out.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline WizzardontheWing

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 12:11:26 pm »
The Sturridge thread is locked. Has there been any update in his injury? Even if he misses the weekend is he ok for the following week??

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 12:12:55 pm »
The Sturridge thread is locked. Has there been any update in his injury? Even if he misses the weekend is he ok for the following week??
No updates yet.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 12:13:52 pm »
This does not fucking slip. Exactly the same.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 12:14:00 pm »
The noon kick off is concerning. They're last six at home according to the form guide have been DDWDWL.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

I think the team would perform far better if it was scheduled later in the day but we've just got to go there and get the job done.

Breaking them down will be difficult but if one goes in early I think that will change the contest.

Offline plskikme

• Kopite
  • What Could Have Been and What Can Be
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:15:48 pm »

I think it'll be a nice side by side comparison between Lucas and Allen as to who will be the preferred third cm. Lucas showed he could provide at least a bit of creativity against the hammers, but he'll probably need to outperform Allen by quite a bit due to his relative mobility compared to Allen as well as it not being his natural position for a few years now. The great thing is neither will look out of place even though Hendo will be missed. In fact, the competition between the two should guarantee a great performance between the two, especially with Norwich's need to press and mark Coutinho more tightly right in front of them.

Is it Sunday yet? :-\

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 12:23:21 pm »
Lucas and Allen in, Sturridge and Henderson out.

This

Time for Allen and Lucas to show their worth. They've both looked good when played of late
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

royhendo

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 12:27:28 pm »
Just hold your horses a while lads eh? First page and there's an argument already - that should tell you it's better to wait a little while before we kick this one off.

No offence - it just seems sensible - hopefully you understand.

royhendo

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 06:47:08 pm »
Okie doke - don't argue and talk football with respect for each other folks. Ta

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 06:48:00 pm »
Still nothing on Sturridge?
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 06:48:35 pm »
Andre Mariner is the ref btw

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 06:50:10 pm »

Hope we don't risk him. Heard a rumour that's he's out for the season but that must bollocks asit was just after the City game.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 06:50:16 pm »
So what do we do now that Henderson and maybe Sturridge is out?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 06:51:34 pm »
So what do we do now that Henderson and maybe Sturridge is out?

Lucas for Henderson deffo. IF we aren't to risk Sturridge then Allen of course.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 06:52:20 pm »
Lucas or Allen can step up. Raheem may have a little more to do up front or perhaps Cortina will back Luis up and raheem play wide. There are wide men to come in perhaps Moses or even aspas

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 06:54:40 pm »
If anyone says 'lets be avin you' *bar me just then* then they should be banned. Roy, make it so.... and I'll kick any c*nt in the goolies who sez it as well! *so glad I got that of me chest*

And now, from Norwich, its the game of the week......

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 06:58:11 pm »

Just imagine if Suarez had got sent off as well.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 07:00:38 pm »
Biggest game since last week.

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 07:02:57 pm »
Almost certainly 4-3-3 then?

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 07:03:38 pm »
It would be the most sickening thing I have ever experienced in football if we throw away all our good work by dropping points against these.

Yes they'll be fighting for their lives, but so are we.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 07:04:17 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHILAc6G420

all that norwich is famous for.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 07:07:16 pm »
4-3-3 is most likely, although who knows, our players and manager alike are both incredibly adaptable so I wouldn't be surprised to see us continue with the diamond despite missing two of our most important players for it.

It's hard not to get complacent for this, given our recent history against them and the remarkable form we're in at the moment, but it's crucial to stay focused. I don't doubt for a second that the players know just how much this game means and will give it everything they've got.

4 MORE TO GO!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 07:08:37 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHILAc6G420

all that norwich is famous for.
I think you'll also find that is has the longest herbaceous border, in a park anywhere in the country.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 07:08:45 pm »
It would be the most sickening thing I have ever experienced in football if we throw away all our good work by dropping points against these.

There's a reason they're struggling at the bottom mate.  They are shite we play anywhere near our best we win easily.

I'll take a 1-0 win this anyway,

Offline stevenalonsa

• Legacy Fan
  • my d.o.b. 30.5.85 same as gerrard
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 07:09:23 pm »
Hopefully Sturridge is fit and SAS starts firing again after a brief pause..By God's grace we should win the game comfortably..An added incentive for us will be if both ManCity and Chelsea drop points this week..that will cool our nerves and then the Plastic Chelsea cant park the bus at Anfield...

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 07:14:09 pm »
Like someone said, there's a reason why they're struggling near the bottom. And that reason is goals. They've only scored 26 times this season, the fewest of any team. They have no choice but to attack us, and that'll play into our hands. I'm confident we can handle them with whoever we play at the back, and then let our forwards do their job. I sense we'll get plenty of chances, and hopefully we'll take them. Mind you I'll take a 1-0 right now if offered. We just need to keep the same mentality as in the City match, and Stevie will be making sure of that.

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 07:16:42 pm »
We go again.

We'll more than likely be 2nd come kick off, but it shouldn't make any difference to our players.  They've passed all tests thrown at them of late and I fully expect them to do so again.

After two games without a goal, Luis is due.  And who better to play!?

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 07:17:57 pm »
The noon kick off is concerning. They're last six at home according to the form guide have been DDWDWL.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

I think the team would perform far better if it was scheduled later in the day but we've just got to go there and get the job done.

Breaking them down will be difficult but if one goes in early I think that will change the contest.

We've done extremely well on early kickoffs lately. Everton and Arsenal to start with and others. Seems we wake up earlier than the others...
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 07:19:31 pm »
Team more or less picks itself if Sturridge is out, which seems likely. Gerrard dropping deep, Lucas and Allenacross the middle wirh Coutinho playing in between the lines, Sterling and Suarez up top.
 Should be enough to see these off, especially as they need to win, but the 12 o'clock KO bothers me for some reason

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 07:21:30 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZJn0Ir49g

Never gets old. The person at 20-25 seconds. I have no idea still what they said. It's such anger and hatred, I LOVE IT.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 07:22:59 pm »
Rodgers: Ok lads, Norwich next

I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 07:25:01 pm »

Don't think we'll know any thing till after Norwich personally, certainly not expecting him to play v Norwich.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 07:25:13 pm »
Even if the Sturridge injury isn't serious I would still leave him on the bench. When you rely on your pace and movement like Sturridge a tight hamstring can mentally put you off your game easily.

I expect a return to the 4-3-3 with Coutinho and Sterling either side of Suarez and Lucas and Allen ahead of Gerrard in midfield.

That midfield looks really strong defensively but we will be relying on the front three to create from open play or Gerrard from set pieces.

Could be an opportunity for one or two youngsters on the bench. I'm thinking a couple of attacking players like Texiera, Dunn or Peterson.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline BoltonRed

• OOTer in a non footballing township... Android Meff
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • 'Making Us Dream' ..................Again.
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 07:26:11 pm »

Them fighting for their lives will suit us just fine. They're hardly likely to be parking Jose's bus, they have to look for the 3pts.

Their last four games are against top 7 opposition, they can't pick and choose where they might get points, they've got to try and get them in this game. As we know, anyone that tries it on with us, just gets twatted.

0-3 Us
Ah shut it yer fucking fanny. Sorry to upset you, but we're going to twat these c*nts. The only fluke will be that we don't rupture our collective banjo strings from the dry bumming we're giving these tonight.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 07:29:51 pm »
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 07:32:06 pm »
We'll have to watch out for RvW - bit of a beast this guy is

I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 07:32:20 pm »
Assuming Sturridge doesn't play I think the team basically picks itself - Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan, Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho.

That could be either as a 4-3-3, but I think I'd start with the diamond:

-------------------------------Mignolet----------------------------------

Johnson-----------Skrtel---------------Sakho-------------Flanagan

--------------------------------Gerrard-----------------------------------

--------------Lucas---------------------------------Allen-----------------

--------------------------------Coutinho----------------------------------

-----------------Sterling--------------------Suarez-----------------------

But the great thing with that XI is it can change formation during the match.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 07:35:29 pm »
We'll have to watch out for RvW - bit of a beast this guy is

okay so who airbrushed out the other Norwich attacker?

:lmao :shocked
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline eurolines

• Main Stander
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 07:36:10 pm »
They'll push us a lot closer than the last 3/4 times but we'll come out on top- another 1-2 win.