Author Topic: The Shithouse Thread  (Read 115657 times)

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
Re: The Shithouse Thread
« Reply #40 on: April 7, 2014, 01:53:06 pm »
I went 18 minutes without breathing yesterday.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #41 on: April 7, 2014, 01:54:02 pm »
I went 18 minutes without breathing yesterday.
And it wasn't even St Tadgers day.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #42 on: April 7, 2014, 01:54:06 pm »
We don't carry bottles
We don't carry lead
We grab ourselves a Tena
And shield our eyes instead.

We are frail supporters,
Become incontinent
Whenever we're defending
Even if we're 3 in front

We'll call Everton the bitters,
The shite on Merseyside.
But it sounds a bit ironic,
When shit runs down my thighs.

We like Tottenham Hotspur,
We smashed the blueshite too,
But mostly we hate all those teams
That make us need a poo.
:) Superb!

"Liverpool!" flap flap flap
« Last Edit: April 7, 2014, 01:57:43 pm by Red_Mist »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43 on: April 7, 2014, 01:54:07 pm »
Tell us more about the chubby bird in the chippy :P

I'm nearly 50 so I've pretty much seen it all but I haven't seen out the last 3 televised aways at Southampton, Man U or West Ham. It's weird because I'm relatively calm when we're drawing and then climbing the fucking walls if we're 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go. I have rituals to follow. I start thinking if I don't watch it anymore nothing bad will happen. I'll go and wash up or even leave the house to go and get petrol even if the tank's half full. I'll go and stand in the kitchen watching flashscores on my mobile even though my lad is watching the game in the next room. It's madness.

Haha i know the feeling although I have stuck the last few games ouit. Even at 3 up I can't relax fully. One goes in and the panicky bastard in me starts fretting. I hate the dilemma of when you can't watch a game though...I can't 'do' the radio anymore, far too nerve shredding. So I check my live score apps, or the RAWK commentary thread, or Twitter but then you have rules. Do you frantically refresh every minute or so? If we're winning I try to restrict it to 10 minute intervals. I'm a firm believer that nothing good can be gained from seeing we are 1 up and then constantly checking the score. Easier said than done though when your entire mind wants nothing more than to know the score, but fear of jinxing things stops you from looking even though in the logical world it obviously has no bearing.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #44 on: April 7, 2014, 01:56:04 pm »
Please god let Palace already be safe as houses and knackered by the time we visit. Can you imagine a fully fired-up Pulis team, parking the bus, battering us with big punts and muscular set pieces, 2nd to last game of the season when the 3 points are crucial? Fuck.

Beat City to secure survival. Then go on the piss to celebrate leading to a mass brawl and multiple arrests!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #45 on: April 7, 2014, 01:57:23 pm »
I fluctuate between manic optimism to outright panic. At one point post West Ham game I caught myself thinking "You know, if Liverpool win their next three games, Man City lose to Everton and Chelsea draw with Sunderland or Swansea, the league will be wrapped up with two games to go. We can put out the kids and break them in for next season. The next second I'm thinking Liverpool will lose three on the bounce and end up 4th or 5th, losing out on the CL to a victorious United, with a grinning Moysey parading around Merseyside.

Then I come on RAWk and see all these aggressively over-confident types predicting 4 or 5 nil against City and I am like "shut up, shut up, just shut the fuck up or you will jinx it." As for watching or listening to an actual game, fuck that; I record everything and watch/listen to it back later. Its too unbearably tense otherwise. Its the hope that kills. Fact.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline degsy45

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: April 7, 2014, 01:58:54 pm »
i have a yellow pen that says focus on it , when stevie G was taking the penalties i couldnt watch all i could do was stare at this pen otherwise i would have jinxed him , this is ridiculous as im nearly 50 ffs

Offline fatlip13

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: April 7, 2014, 01:59:02 pm »
in the cold reality of day we won very comfortably yesterday, walked the 2nd half without getting a 2 goal lead.

watching the game on sunday I was ok until about 20 minutes to go. I shouted at the tv when our players were careless or didn't take the half chances we kept producing. I shouted when they had it for any reason at all. I get left alone when the football is on except for the odd comment of he is simple from the girlfriend when one of the kids ask why daddy is shouting at the tv.

if we finish 4th or above it has been a magnificent season. at this stage I would be disappointed with less than 3rd. each game is nerve wrecking, gut wrenching, mind blowing, but I would rather have that than what we have had most seasons

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 7, 2014, 01:59:31 pm »
I had to leave the house at half - time, not through anxiety, I had to pick up my kids. On the way home I was listening and I wasn't feeling confident.
"I don't want to go home and watch", I told my lads. "Let's go the supermarket, buy some grub, and see if the lads can do better without us, I'm probably making them nervous!"
Tried not to check on the score as we pushed the trolley, but I couldn't hold out. "Get in!! Stevie's scored another penalty boys!"
"Great!" Says my oldest," let's get home and watch the end."
"No chance, I'll only jinx them!"

Everything is a sign, everything your doing while they score is an omen you must repeat, and anything your doing when we are scored against is an unforgivable sin, never to be revisited.

Never been so superstitious in my life!
these thoughts drive far too many actions at the moment - was next to 2 other lads at United away a few weeks ago. At half-time, when they came back from a bevvy they exchanged seats despite us being 1-0 up. Had to point this out & ask them to kindly please go back to how they were in the 1st half - a minute later we're 2-0 up & they didn't exchange for the rest of the game, thank goodness.

Luckily, they were happy about this superstition.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 7, 2014, 02:12:50 pm by tossedandblown »

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 7, 2014, 02:02:16 pm »
What a thread. Get the fuck in!!

So here is my input:
I have taken a week off from work from 17th May to 24th May to get my life (and my mind) back in order. I'll be going on a holiday with my other half and kid. Need I say more about my current mental state and how shithouse I am?
« Last Edit: April 7, 2014, 02:05:21 pm by pjshaun »

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #50 on: April 7, 2014, 02:02:20 pm »
The F1 race last afternoon helped me cope with the pressure, since I watched it simultaneously.

But when it comes to decisive games, I'm a nervous wreck too. I still can't forgive myself for Istanbul '05. During the penalties my stomach gave up and I had to spent some time in the toilet. I still remember the smile on my wife's (then my girlfriend) face and her punch in the air when I got back.  ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #51 on: April 7, 2014, 02:03:58 pm »
I literally can't be in the same room as the tv when Stevie takes a Pen now. I have to go downstairs and rummage in the fridge.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #52 on: April 7, 2014, 02:06:24 pm »
Beat City to secure survival. Then go on the piss to celebrate leading to a mass brawl and multiple arrests!
Yes!!

Or... they are all captured by Thulsa Doom and fed to the serpent-god Set.

As for my ordeal watching us yesterday, I never took my eyes off the screen, even during our 2nd pen... but I was eating a teatowel.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #53 on: April 7, 2014, 02:08:23 pm »
I literally can't be in the same room as the tv when Stevie takes a Pen now. I have to go downstairs and rummage in the fridge.
Minute by minute is my new enemy. If I go to the radio I know the result will be bad, so I must check the MBM... they seem to take an inordinate amount of time to update, it must have been all of 10 seconds to confirm the second penalty was scored yesterday. I could have thrown two hand grenades by then.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 7, 2014, 02:09:36 pm »
i have a yellow pen that says focus on it , when stevie G was taking the penalties i couldnt watch all i could do was stare at this pen otherwise i would have jinxed him , this is ridiculous as im nearly 50 ffs

;D That's brilliant, this title challenge is definitely taking a toll on the sanity of us all ;D

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 7, 2014, 02:11:25 pm »
A poor Scouser Tommy, from a Highland division says:

"Hold The Thin Red Line!"

"Resolve Gentlemen!   Stiff Upper Lip.  Stand firm.   Hold the line."

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 7, 2014, 02:19:59 pm »
Why it took mignolet so long to listen to my shouts of 'pick it up' when he was dribbling it in the box in the 92nd minute I'll never know. I nearly had a seizure.
for me, it started before that - why did he 'save' it with his feet... that ball was going quick enough to have caused one of the most embarrassing goals ever.

Mignolet ffs, just save it with your hands, you know... the things with goalkeeping gloves on.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #57 on: April 7, 2014, 02:28:01 pm »
for me, it started before that - why did he 'save' it with his feet... that ball was going quick enough to have caused one of the most embarrassing goals ever.

Mignolet ffs, just save it with your hands, you know... the things with goalkeeping gloves on.

Haha I know what you mean although in reality the ball was dribbling through at about 5mph. Did cross my mind too though!

Who was it who left the room when we got the Fulham penalty, was informed we'd scored and then said "very well"? :D

I did watch the penalty but I didn't celebrate being awarded one at all, just a little clap when he scored before going back to wearing out the carpet as I paced round and round my living room!

Offline HBAHFH

• Main Stander
« Reply #58 on: April 7, 2014, 02:30:17 pm »
Been wearing my 2002 kit shorts every matchday for the past 8 matches. Haven't washed them the whole time. One of these days, I'm scared I'm going to have to.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 7, 2014, 02:31:31 pm »
Who was it who left the room when we got the Fulham penalty, was informed we'd scored and then said "very well"? :D

I did watch the penalty but I didn't celebrate being awarded one at all, just a little clap when he scored before going back to wearing out the carpet as I paced round and round my living room!

The 1st pen I went to the bathroom to relieve myself. Little clap when the comms informed me it had gone in. 2nd pen I went downstairs , stared at the fridge , got myself a snack , little first pump as I heard the "Gerrard scores, great penalty" came back upstairs and tried to stop my leg from jumping up and down the rest of the game.

Why can't we just twat teams 5-0 in the first 20min anymore? ;)

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 7, 2014, 02:36:47 pm »
Been wearing my 2002 kit shorts every matchday for the past 8 matches. Haven't washed them the whole time. One of these days, I'm scared I'm going to have to.
take it you're not married, right?

In which case, ignore the stink - there's only a month to go. Them shorts won't mind, no washing till mid-May or... to be safe, best not wash for a few years till we're well established   ;)

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 7, 2014, 02:39:41 pm »
The 1st pen I went to the bathroom to relieve myself. Little clap when the comms informed me it had gone in. 2nd pen I went downstairs , stared at the fridge , got myself a snack
schoolboy error.

Need to keep drinking so that when the 2nd pen was awarded, you can do the same as for the 1st successful pen.

Get with the programme, mate.

Offline HBAHFH

• Main Stander
« Reply #62 on: April 7, 2014, 02:54:43 pm »
take it you're not married, right?

In which case, ignore the stink - there's only a month to go. Them shorts won't mind, no washing till mid-May or... to be safe, best not wash for a few years till we're well established   ;)
Nope, I'm 20, the shorts are tiny, no idea why I put them on but I've fallen into the habit of doing it when I watch the match at home at the weekends. My mum hates them, but I'm keeping them on for the rest of the season. They don't really smell... yet. A few more matches like West Ham and I don't know how much longer that'll be true...

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 7, 2014, 02:58:29 pm »
Nope, I'm 20, the shorts are tiny, no idea why I put them on but I've fallen into the habit of doing it when I watch the match at home at the weekends. My mum hates them, but I'm keeping them on for the rest of the season. They don't really smell... yet. A few more matches like West Ham and I don't know how much longer that'll be true...
tiny shorts = very old school, nice.

Otherwise, thank you but probably too much information   ;)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 7, 2014, 02:59:32 pm »
Its the hope that kills. Fact.
Nah mate.

Neil Atko on TAW had it right... It's the hopelessness that kills you.

Ask any Evertonian.

It's the hope that keeps you going, season after season....

I am quite sure that this thread reflects the emotions of some of our younger and less experienced players. Thankfully we have some born winners and leaders in the team to guide them through.

Likewise, the 'old hand' fans will see you all through. Grab a hand and let them pull you along.

This is on and all the crying in the world won't change that fact. It's on. Get on board.
Believe you me mate, us older lot are going through the fucking ringer here too. It's not just about getting on board or being a believer. We're well past that stage now surely.

I've seen us win half a dozen titles during my teenage years in the 80s, but they weren't nearly as nerve shredding as this, with the possible exception of the last game of '89. And it was only in the last 15 minutes of that season where I started thinking we could possibly lose it.
I always felt if we didn't win the league, we'd win it the year after (which we always did). I was 20 years old by the time I'd experienced 2 consecutive seasons without a league title ('91 and '92). Never did I think we'd have to wait at least 24 years to win it again.

There's been times since then that I thought we might never win it again in my lifetime, but you keep believing regardless because that what you do. All that success you experienced growing up becomes part of your DNA. You can't help yourself.
Over those 24 years, the expectation, the belief and hope never dies. You've grown up with it and it never leaves you.
And 24 years of expectation, hope and then disappointment, does strange things to you.

24 years of 'deffo our year this year' every August.
24 years of 'fuck it, there's always next year' every May.

That's why this title means so much. And that's why these games have been so hellish at times.

I've never, ever been so desperate to see us win a trophy as this one, and put those 24 years of frustration and disappointment behind us, and lay those ghosts to rest.
If we win this, I would be so much calmer if we're in another title hunt over the next few years.
But this one is.... the one. Just to win this, and get it out of the way, is everything.

Yesterday was absolute murder to watch. I can't ever remember a game which we won, that I enjoyed less than yesterdays. I was begging them to score a third, just so I could breathe again.
Winning this would be so special, so unlikely and so satisfying, it would break my heart if we didn't win it now. There's so much at stake in every game, and there's no guarantee we'll get a chance like this again for god knows how long. Not that you'll stop believing anyway...

I barely made it to the end of the West Ham and Sunderland games and was almost in tears and shaking with relief at the end. But fuck it, we're in it to the end now, come what may. And it's been an absolutely fantastic season, one of the most enjoyable ever for me, despite the heart attacks.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #65 on: April 7, 2014, 03:16:33 pm »
tiny shorts = very old school, nice.

Otherwise, thank you but probably too much information   ;)

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 7, 2014, 03:26:21 pm »
Why it took mignolet so long to listen to my shouts of 'pick it up' when he was dribbling it in the box in the 92nd minute I'll never know. I nearly had a seizure.

I was a bit concerned about the back pass to him as it bounced towards him at a fair rate of knots - had visions of it going under his foot a'la Peter Enckleman ;D

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #67 on: April 7, 2014, 03:36:06 pm »
ha ha me as well!!! fucking just pick it up!!!

Yeah but if he'd picked it up he could've done a Gary Sprake! ;)

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #68 on: April 7, 2014, 03:40:13 pm »

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #69 on: April 7, 2014, 03:40:39 pm »

When Stevie takes a pen,
When Stevie takes a pen,
Chakan's in the kitchen, Chakan's in the kitchen,
Chakan's in the kitcheeen...
When Stevie takes a pen
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #70 on: April 7, 2014, 03:41:22 pm »
 Last 5 mins paused the tv...went into the garden....smoked about 5 cigs and downed a extra large scotch. Went back in and fast forwarded the remainder at x30 whilst closing my eyes and briefly opening them every 5 seconds!

Pathetic behaviour  :)
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 7, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »
When Stevie takes a pen,
When Stevie takes a pen,
Chakan's in the kitchen, Chakan's in the kitchen,
Chakan's in the kitcheeen...
When Stevie takes a pen

I'd sing it ;)

Offline degsy45

• Main Stander
« Reply #72 on: April 7, 2014, 03:47:12 pm »
Last 5 mins paused the tv...went into the garden....smoked about 5 cigs and downed a extra large scotch. Went back in and fast forwarded the remainder at x30 whilst closing my eyes and briefly opening them every 5 seconds!

Pathetic behaviour  :)
       :lmao :lmao

Offline darcy171

• Kopite
« Reply #73 on: April 7, 2014, 03:49:13 pm »
Think we're all feeling a little like this at the moment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyJBPfQv1wQ

Online Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: April 7, 2014, 03:51:43 pm »
About a month ago I got given a couple of bottles of rum from a mate who went on holiday to Antigua. Now whenever the opposition has a corner/free kick in a dangerous area, and whenever Gerrard takes a pen, I run to the kitchen, pour myself a rum and mixer and just stand there like a plum listening to the commentary in the next room. This ritual has worked pretty well in recent weeks, but I am nearly at the end of the second bottle....

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 7, 2014, 03:54:55 pm »
Whatever happens, happens now. I was completely gone in those last five minutes yesterday, if City turn up and bottle it we're in the driving seat, if they turn up and clinch it then they deserve it. I'm just glad we've made it to this game without tripping up.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline degsy45

• Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: April 7, 2014, 03:59:41 pm »
thank fook for this thread , i thought it was just me that was cracking up

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 7, 2014, 04:06:01 pm »
About a month ago I got given a couple of bottles of rum from a mate who went on holiday to Antigua. Now whenever the opposition has a corner/free kick in a dangerous area, and whenever Gerrard takes a pen, I run to the kitchen, pour myself a rum and mixer and just stand there like a plum listening to the commentary in the next room. This ritual has worked pretty well in recent weeks, but I am nearly at the end of the second bottle....
only one solution - get your mate back to Antigua sharp-ish...

I'll cost him a bit but if he's a good friend, he'll know it makes sense.

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #78 on: April 7, 2014, 04:07:05 pm »
was awful at the match yesterday, shithouses everywhere, even me

especially when that shithouse toure came on

Offline Red Future

• Main Stander
« Reply #79 on: April 7, 2014, 04:13:07 pm »
Gather round nervous nellies, the feeble minded, soft micks, knicker-pissers and the lily-livered.

The last 5 mins of the West Ham game, I spent holding myself and rocking slowly with a sickening, churning
feeling in my stomach. My right foot reflexively kicking out any time we went near the ball.

Every touch from a Hammers player could be a killer through ball, brilliant cross or aerial bomb that will
cause mayhem in our ranks (despite the evidence from the previous 90 mins pointing to how unlikely this was)

'If West Ham score here now, not only will we lose the title but Suarez will leave at the end of the season'
These are the stupid thoughts in my head at times like this.

There's just TOO MUCH at stake. 24 years since we last won it.

When we last won it I was an overweight student with the world at my badly shod feet.

Now I'm in a dead-end job, married with 2 kids, a semi (the house variety) and a crush on the chubby girl in the local chippy

This is really, really important for me. 

I'm not sure I can watch any more of these games. There'll be calls of 'Grow a Pair' or 'Man Up' and they are probably right. But it makes no difference.  I'm thinking 'adult nappies' for the City game.

Leave your nervous tales of woe here.

Brilliant, hahaha, this is probably one of the best OP's I've ever read if it's judged on a quality/length ratio