Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Manager (ours to keep - or at least till 2018)  (Read 956858 times)

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Manager
« Reply #4200 on: April 18, 2014, 11:33:01 pm »
City fans on Bluemoon think he's a vile piece of shit, they have a thread dedicated to him in the main City forum :lmao

They've gone off the fucking deep end those morons, it's a cesspit of bitterness, delusion and pure gobshitery on there.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4201 on: April 18, 2014, 11:35:26 pm »
They've gone off the fucking deep end those morons, it's a cesspit of bitterness, delusion and pure gobshitery on there.

Yep,after we beat West Ham Bluemoon went absolute crazy. It's a cesspit now.

I know you shouldn't go on opponent forums and all that but it's good for a giggle.
:D

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4202 on: April 18, 2014, 11:39:08 pm »
City fans on Bluemoon think he's a vile piece of shit, they have a thread dedicated to him in the main City forum :lmao

Haha, honestly... what's he done to be disrespected? Said a referee from Greater Manchester shouldn't referee a game involving City? Can't even think of anything else they could cry about.  You have to expect managers in a title race to play mind games and divert pressure to the other teams in the race.

Pellegrini strikes me as classy. Moyes is alright. Mourinho's a c*nt, a clever one, but I call him that with reason. You can't just hate someone so much because they manage a rival club.

They want to be treated as the other Manchester club so bad. They get super defensive anytime their finances or money is mentioned and are so eager to abuse us/United/Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs.

For those who ever saw The Powerpuff Girls, they remind me of:

"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4203 on: April 18, 2014, 11:39:24 pm »
This image is doing rounds on twitter, that's some cosmic stuff. 

I prefer this  ;)

@MostarLFC (of course)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4204 on: April 18, 2014, 11:40:05 pm »
Brenton Rodgers

Gone a bit quiet that hasn't it?

As has "BUT WE WON THE PASSING"

:D

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4205 on: April 18, 2014, 11:40:27 pm »
Yep,after we beat West Ham Bluemoon went absolute crazy. It's a cesspit now.

I know you shouldn't go on opponent forums and all that but it's good for a giggle.

I have to fucking work with a few.

And it's gone from a 'pat on the head' type comiserations over Christmas, to outright complete and utter gobshitery.

I went on holiday the day before the City game, with proclamations of 'we'll smash you out of Anfield' ringing in my ears.

Can't fucking wait to get back to work on Thursday, I'll say fuck all, just stand there with a smug fucking grin all of my grid.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4206 on: April 18, 2014, 11:44:24 pm »

Offline tacklemyballs

• Lives on a diet of faeces.
  • Kopite
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #4207 on: April 19, 2014, 12:07:10 am »

I prefer this  ;)

@MostarLFC (of course)

That quote is incorrect. I'm a stickler for this shit.
"Sometimes you have to play in a position that you may not feel is your best."

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #4208 on: April 19, 2014, 01:32:36 am »
He's saving football apparently, because he's setting up academies all across the world. UEFA are out to get him and City because they have an agenda.

Does anyone really think he's setting up academies and football complexes around the place because he's such a charitable guy? Clearly not as a means to boost that revenue to comply with FFP and other potential (money laundering?) avenues...

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #4209 on: April 19, 2014, 01:35:10 am »
Haha, honestly... what's he done to be disrespected? Said a referee from Greater Manchester shouldn't referee a game involving City? Can't even think of anything else they could cry about.  You have to expect managers in a title race to play mind games and divert pressure to the other teams in the race.

Pellegrini strikes me as classy. Moyes is alright. Mourinho's a c*nt, a clever one, but I call him that with reason. You can't just hate someone so much because they manage a rival club.

They want to be treated as the other Manchester club so bad. They get super defensive anytime their finances or money is mentioned and are so eager to abuse us/United/Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs.

For those who ever saw The Powerpuff Girls, they remind me of:

Of all the ways to strengthen an argument, that surely has to go down as one of the worst I've ever seen :P  :lmao :wellin

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #4210 on: April 19, 2014, 02:03:49 am »
/snip

It's not about saving money I think. A problem Rafa had when he arrived is he needed to spread his money around to solve a lot of problems. Whereas today the likes of Sterling, Flanno mean that we don't need to spend 10m squad players for those positions and hope perform above expectations.

I think the more you spend on a player the closer you get to signing a sure thing. So spreading 50m around 5 or 6 positions will get you maybe 3 or 4 squad players and 2 that probably won't make the cut. Maybe one of them turns into an Alonso like bargain but it's unlikely.

However if you can produce 3 or 4 squad players from within - maybe even produce a few more to sell on and boost the transfer budget like Fergie did for years with shite like Keiran Richardson, Frazier Campbell etc - then you can focus your budget on buying real proven talent.

My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #4211 on: April 19, 2014, 06:36:53 am »
I'm pretty sure if you put Bluemoon into the Internet Wayback Machine with the setting before 2008, you'll get no results or an error message.

Fuck them and everything they are built on.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4212 on: April 19, 2014, 08:08:08 am »
;D this should be it http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1397844000 

Click on the 21:00 - 21:30 link

Listen to the end of that section as well. A nice reference from Keys to the Anniversary service and the fight for justice followed by a moving version of You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:17:47 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4213 on: April 19, 2014, 08:13:35 am »
Not a fan of the sly, funny yes funny but sly dig at a rival.

"There are two great teams in Liverpool - Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves..."

"If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains."
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4214 on: April 19, 2014, 08:24:45 am »
not a fan of Shankly either then?
Because that is exactly what I said.

I am a massive fan of Brendan..everyone is at this point. I just didn't like what he said there. I am obviously in the minority and as the post above me has shown, our greatest ever manager had a little needle in him as well.
It's just not for me. Not that I am classy or anything.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4215 on: April 19, 2014, 08:55:25 am »

hahhahah  :lmao :lmao

Thank you mate, *in tears*
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Not worthy

• Anny Roader
  • Raaj Carragher Khalsa
« Reply #4216 on: April 19, 2014, 09:08:03 am »
That quote is incorrect. I'm a stickler for this shit.

Ha ha, me too, I grit my teeth when I read it :-) ....The other day I put my speakers on top volume and put my ear to them as I was sure the original subtitled version of 'the huddle' was incorrect.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4217 on: April 19, 2014, 09:59:21 am »
;D this should be it http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1397844000 
Thanks mate, that will accompany a cuppa in a minute.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4218 on: April 19, 2014, 10:23:47 am »
I didn't even think it was a dig to be honest. Watching the press conference he just pointed out that you'd expect such a team to have a period in the game in which they were on top. That's how I saw it anyway, he was defending our performance as a whole at the time after being asked about concerns that man city got back into it I think.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #4219 on: April 19, 2014, 01:24:24 pm »
I didn't even think it was a dig to be honest. Watching the press conference he just pointed out that you'd expect such a team to have a period in the game in which they were on top. That's how I saw it anyway, he was defending our performance as a whole at the time after being asked about concerns that man city got back into it I think.

Me neither. To me it was just another way of saying we were up against a proper football team, and when you're up against a team with that sort of quality you won't be able to dominate them for 90 minutes.

Don't really see why the City fans are making a big deal out of this. You have to be fairly sensitive to get all defensive about comments like that.

Offline Greebo62

• Matchday Project Manager. Amazingly Available! Apply within, ladies.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #4220 on: April 19, 2014, 08:15:07 pm »
Not new, but having just watched that classless shitcoat maureen with his disreputable staff and players giving it snide over the refs decisions, I am so glad we have someone who's gracious in both victory and defeat.

Loving this season, and loving what I'm seeing from Brendan.
Believe...

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #4221 on: April 19, 2014, 09:34:38 pm »
What this man is possibly on the verge of achieving is actually incredible.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline IchabodCrane

• Main Stander
  • Doing it in Mediocrity.
« Reply #4222 on: April 19, 2014, 09:35:15 pm »
Not new, but having just watched that classless shitcoat maureen with his disreputable staff and players giving it snide over the refs decisions, I am so glad we have someone who's gracious in both victory and defeat.

Loving this season, and loving what I'm seeing from Brendan.

couldn't agree more. top top top manager.
I am a part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough
Gleams that untravelled world, whose margin fades
For ever and for ever when I move.

Alfred Lord Tennyson - Ulysses

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4223 on: April 19, 2014, 10:56:21 pm »
Everyone tossed themselves off about Mourinho's loaning of Lukaku to take points off rivals, does the same shit go for Rodgers? No. Happy coincidence

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4224 on: April 19, 2014, 10:57:48 pm »
Steven Gerrard on Brendan Rodgers:

“I totally believe in this manager and his plans. I totally believe. I bought into that from the first conversation.

“He’s a phenomenal man for his age [41]. I think he’s going to grow into one of the world’s best managers and I hope he is here long after I am gone.

“I hope he is here for many, many years because this club is in great hands. Whatever happens now until the end of the season, it’s safe.

He’s a winner, he’s hungry for success, he does the right things, he treats players well, he doesn’t try and control the football club, or get involved in stuff that has nothing to do with him

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4225 on: April 19, 2014, 11:13:18 pm »
The last time Liverpool were champions of England in 1990, Brendan Rodgers was a 17-year-old completing his first year as an apprentice at Reading. Even then, his imagination was fired by great attacking teams passed down by the generations.

His grandfather back home in Northern Ireland had been an ardent Liverpool fan dating back to the pass-and-move era of Bill Shankly, his father Malachy was devoted to the great Brazil sides.

Perhaps it is the family history that makes Rodgers - whose playing career was ended prematurely by injury - so determined not to abandon the strikingly carefree football Liverpool have played this season, even though the league title is within their grasp and the stakes are rising week-by-week.

It is a remarkable statistic that Liverpool, who have won their most recent 10 games and will be champions if they win their last four, have conceded more goals than Hull City this season - but scored 93.

Having hit the top by blowing the opposition away, the manager does not want a siege mentality creeping in now ahead of today's game at Norwich. If they are going to be champions, it'll be with a swagger.

'Everyone expected us to go more defensive in midfield in our big game last weekend against Manchester City, but we actually went more lightweight and technical,' Rodgers points out proudly.

'We've dealt with pressure all season by working to get on the ball, to play. Every week we seem to have the question put to us: "This is the real test". But we've always passed the tests, City at home, Arsenal at home, Man United at Old Trafford. 'If it doesn't happen for us this year, it'll be due to bad luck or a mistake. It won't be because we're lacking in nerve.

Rodgers lost both his parents shortly before he took the Liverpool job. He has not spoken in detail about them this season, but it is clear that his father, in particular, has left a sporting legacy that is increasingly important now the business end of the season is upon us.

'When you're young, your dad is your hero. His favourite sport to compete in was rallying, but as a football fan, he was into great technical players. That was all that was ever spelled out to me when I was young, the technique of the players,' said Rodgers.

'You've got to be brave, and you've got to be clever, to be a technical player.'

That attitude is stamped all over his Liverpool team. Rodgers inherited two star players in Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez, but he has created more to join them; 21-year-old Brazilian Philippe Coutinho, Daniel Sturridge, 24, and Raheem Sterling, who is 20 in December.

Given the team finished seventh last season, the current title challenge has come as a surprise. The game against Chelsea - managed by Rodgers's mentor, Jose Mourinho - on April 27 could be the decider.

At 41, Rodgers is four years younger than Mr. Ferguson was when he was appointed at Manchester United.  Arsene Wenger was nearly 47 when he arrived at Arsenal. It is clear he could develop a similar dynasty at Liverpool given the opportunity.

'That's in my mind. I'm looking at the expansion of the stadium - imagine Anfield with another 20,000 supporters in it,' he said. 'I look forward to seeing new pitches at the training facility and at Anfield. That'll quicken up our game again, because the (current) pitches aren't very good.

'There's a real project here that I want to be able to oversee. I'm 41, I've many years as a manager ahead of me hopefully - and there aren't too many bigger clubs than Liverpool.

'It's why we've brought in so many young players as well. Joe Allen is 24, Jordan Henderson's [who starts a three-match ban] is 23. Raheem Sterling, Coutinho, Jon Flanagan 21. Luis Suarez is still only 27 and Steven (Gerrard) could be sweeper-keeper at 40!'

The only fly in the ointment is that Rodgers only has one year left on his contract. There is a willingness on both sides to sort out a new one, but you can imagine there will be some horse-trading, with Rodgers in a strong position to try to increase his salary and powerbase at the club.

'I came to Liverpool because I hoped it would be a destination rather than just a stop-off,' he insists. 'I felt it had everything you would want as a football manager, to be at one of the leading clubs in the world, to be allowed to build and develop a club as you wanted without interference and to have a great relationship with the owners and hopefully develop the team.

'I feel valued at the football club.

'It's been a wonderful 20 months. There have been some tough times but I love being here. We've still got a long way to go.'

City's draw against Sunderland on Wednesday night has been used by Rodgers as a warning to his players against complacency at Carrow Road.

'Norwich will be fighting for their lives, their families, livelihoods and a desire to remain in the best league in the world. They aren't going to lay over and die.

'Just because the finish line is in sight, we can't be putting our arms in the air ready to cycle over it.' Having been on the front foot all season, Rodgers is now looking for a sprint finish.

Great interview. Stevie as Sweeper Keeper at 40  :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2608514/Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-dealt-pressure-season-hold-nerve.html

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4226 on: April 19, 2014, 11:27:04 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10776276/Liverpools-Steven-Gerrard-desperate-to-seize-his-one-last-shot-at-immortality-with-Premier-League-title.html

Gerrard: “I’m skipping into work and I love this manager and the coaching staff and I adore my team-mates.”

It's a proper love in. Soppy git.  ;D

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4227 on: April 19, 2014, 11:28:59 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2608514/Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-dealt-pressure-season-hold-nerve.html

Great interview indeed. 

Although I'd have to drop by the Shithouse thread to safely express my thought process after reading it.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4228 on: April 19, 2014, 11:32:29 pm »

Rodgers is just mad enough and ballsy enough to try it :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #4229 on: April 20, 2014, 01:25:47 am »
Interesting that he's been seeing Dr P for such a long time. Did not know that.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #4230 on: April 20, 2014, 01:52:19 am »
What this man is possibly on the verge of achieving is actually incredible.

Btw, Mr. Ferguson can fuck right the "top top" off.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

royhendo

« Reply #4231 on: April 20, 2014, 09:12:13 am »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10776276/Liverpools-Steven-Gerrard-desperate-to-seize-his-one-last-shot-at-immortality-with-Premier-League-title.html

Not so long ago, Gerrard appeared resigned to never winning the title. In his book, My Liverpool Story, published in 2012, he stated: “It’ll be a miracle if I win the league with Liverpool but I’ll keep fighting.”

How does he feel about those words now? “There have been times when maybe I have given up on it – or been close to giving up on it. When you are finishing seventh or eighth and you see the gap to the top sides, it’s mentally tough. And then, come the end of the season you see the big hitters spending all kinds of money and making their squads even stronger...”

Gerrard’s voice tails away for a moment.

“But when Brendan came in I got a real feeling from him in our first conversation that I had. Not because we was telling me personally what he wanted from me but because I liked his vision for the club. I totally believe in this manager and his plans. I totally believe. I bought into that from the first conversation.

“He’s a phenomenal man for his age [41]. I think he’s going to grow into one of the world’s best managers and I hope he is here long after I am gone. I hope he is here for many, many years because this club is in great hands. Whatever happens now until the end of the season, it’s safe.

“He’s a winner, he’s hungry for success, he does the right things, he treats players well, he doesn’t try and control the football club, or get involved in stuff that has nothing to do with him. He just focuses on getting on the training pitch and coaching the team, improving individuals, improving the team and playing football the right way. That’s what the supporters want here.”

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4232 on: April 20, 2014, 09:35:17 am »
Let's remember the forum rules for Bluemoon - human rights abuse is perfectly acceptable from the Sheikh, but snide remarks at City's overpaid team? Send the bastard to hell.

It's all meltdown on Human Rights FC forum.

Lp :wellin

Well said. Honestly speaking I'd rather have H and G than take that guys  Misogynistic exploitative blood money.
A club has to have standards. At least we Man United and Arsenal havent gone down that road.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4234 on: April 20, 2014, 02:09:57 pm »
"if it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing"

Thank you brendan, another great 3 points, champions league (which is more than I was expecting), 5 points clear up until 2pm on Sunday 27 April 2014 and for giving us the chance to play another massive game that will live with me forever next week

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #4235 on: April 20, 2014, 02:34:40 pm »
not a game passes without the revealing of another shade of his class. In the centre of the hurricane and all our fears he's calm personified.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #4236 on: April 20, 2014, 02:36:40 pm »
Cannot shower enough praise on the man. 100% I was in the sceptical camp to begin with and was a little concerned to say the least about the being Liverpool shows. He's totally proved me wrong.

Great win today and more than happy with the three points. I think it will be interesting to see what the next evolution of the squad is. I'm loving this run-in, and the lat thing I would want to do is wish the next few weeks away (I think), but I can't wait to see what the squad looks like come the start of September. I think the loss of Henderson and Sturridge as highlights that we've got a great starting 11, but a fairly weak bench (I'm not sure that's the biggest shock). But with loan signings coming back, a few comings and goings, and you've got to imagine 3-5 players who can start in the premiership/CL this team could change fairly significantly again. Exciting times!
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Greebo62

• Matchday Project Manager. Amazingly Available! Apply within, ladies.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #4237 on: April 20, 2014, 03:49:53 pm »
Cannot shower enough praise on the man. 100% I was in the sceptical camp to begin with and was a little concerned to say the least about the being Liverpool shows. He's totally proved me wrong.

Great win today and more than happy with the three points. I think it will be interesting to see what the next evolution of the squad is. I'm loving this run-in, and the lat thing I would want to do is wish the next few weeks away (I think), but I can't wait to see what the squad looks like come the start of September. I think the loss of Henderson and Sturridge as highlights that we've got a great starting 11, but a fairly weak bench (I'm not sure that's the biggest shock). But with loan signings coming back, a few comings and goings, and you've got to imagine 3-5 players who can start in the premiership/CL this team could change fairly significantly again. Exciting times!

not a game passes without the revealing of another shade of his class. In the centre of the hurricane and all our fears he's calm personified.

Ever so faintly surprised that amid all the nervous relief on this forum we three are the only ones posting in appreciation of the manager who's taken us to within 7 points of the League Title, in his Second Season, having finished Seventh the previous season. 

In the press today a few articles where he's saying he wants to build a dynasty here.  The new stadium with 20,000 extra voices, better pitches at Melwood, generating a culture of technical young and gifted players given the freedom to play exciting football.

This man is going to go down in our history as a fucking legend.

Believe...

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #4238 on: April 20, 2014, 03:56:58 pm »
So, let me get this straight. It's April 20th 2014, in Brendan's second season with us, after we finished seventh, and we've just guaranteed Champions League football for next season.

Have I got that right?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4239 on: April 20, 2014, 04:07:38 pm »
I think we should keep him for along time till Stevie comes through as Manager.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway