Author Topic: Lucas Pezzini Leiva and the 'inverted triangle'  (Read 158920 times)

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lucas Leiva and the 'inverted triangle'
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2013, 08:36:40 am »
What does 'numerous' mean to you?

1 is a number..

Offline Acapulco

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2013, 09:20:48 am »
Better have a word with BR then. It is he who decides to play what they call a 1-2 midfield these days.
I thought he did o.k. against Everton but I do think a lot of people are constantly looking for excuses for him when he plays poorly and we definately need to strengthen midfield.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2013, 12:38:27 pm »
Poor again.

He just can never get them game by the scruff and drag the team upwards.

Naturally, his defenders will trot the usual cliche it was someone else's fault for not helping him out. If he can't do the defensive midfield role then what is the point of him?

Offered nothing to the offense again.
Thought he was poor again today, so many needless freekicks conceded from his poor tackling (which they scored twice from). Positionally poor aswell. Its ok though because he'll probably be alright against Hull next week and people will start saying hes the best DM in the league again.

Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2013, 04:47:44 pm »
M'Vila was in our end today so hopefully hes a target of ours, its clear Rodgers has seen the massive weakness in our team.
How has M'vila been playing for Rubin Kazan? I dont watch Russian League football like you obviously do but I notice his stats on http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33886/ are pretty mediocre. 15 games, 23 tackles, 16 fouls. Also, weren't the Rennes supporters glad to see the back of him because he was shite? ???
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2013, 04:55:25 pm »
First half it seemed to be working a treat and Lucas was really good. What happened? Gerrard got tired and dropped deeper? Need to watch the game again. Shouldn't dismiss the fact that Everton were a goal behind, were at home and actually are a more than decent side either.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2013, 05:13:55 pm »
How has M'vila been playing for Rubin Kazan? I dont watch Russian League football like you obviously do but I notice his stats on http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33886/ are pretty mediocre. 15 games, 23 tackles, 16 fouls. Also, weren't the Rennes supporters glad to see the back of him because he was shite? ???

It doesn't matter if M'vila is any good. Mart356 has already said he'd replace Lucas with inferior players just to get him out of the side.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2013, 05:17:27 pm »
I thought throughout the game Everton had a lot of space in the middle of the pitch, even Mirallas and Pienaar were coming into the middle to collect the ball and make angles for Baines and Coleman. Barkley, who was brilliant in the first half, was able to carry the ball through our midfield and towards our box. We really miss someone like Mascherano in there, someone who will hunt the ball down and win it back. Lucas does it to an extent but Masch was everywhere and I don't think that's in Lucas' game, to chase the ball around the pitch and go to ground to get it. He has a positional intelligence, where he can snuff danger and win the ball back with a timely interception or block or putting the ball out of play.

I honestly think we all cling to Henderson because he offers a glimpse of what Mascherano did - he ran and ran and ran until he either closed something down or won the ball back. I love Henderson and think he should start every game at the moment but it's clear we are missing a top defensive midfielder. I think a top DM would bring more out in Lucas, the old Lucas, and Gerrard - it would allow him to get forward more.

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 1, 2013, 04:15:33 pm »
What a shambles of a midfield we have, I'm not sure how many horrendous games Lucas has to have in order for me to be proved right or for people to see how awful he is, Gerrard had another one of his games and Henderson, well at least the effort was there with him. We made Tom Huddlestone look like Busquets and Iniesta rolled into one.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #208 on: December 1, 2013, 04:16:34 pm »
What a shambles of a midfield we have, I'm not sure how many horrendous games Lucas has to have in order for me to be proved right or for people to see how awful he is
Change the fucking record.
'Proved right' my arse. You're close to joining your mate RoshanA in the sinbin.

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 1, 2013, 04:17:35 pm »
our midfield is awful...really really bad
YNWA

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #210 on: December 1, 2013, 04:19:15 pm »
Anyone who dares to criticise Lucas on here seemingly is instantly barracked and abused - so I won't bother doing that I'll just let our midfield performances this season speak for itself. No words are necessary.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 1, 2013, 04:20:56 pm »
Anyone who dares to criticise Lucas on here seemingly is instantly barracked and abused - so I won't bother doing that I'll just let our midfield performances this season speak for itself. No words are necessary.

Well that mart365 post isn't really fair criticism is it? No player in our squad is 'awful'. It just looks like a really poor troll.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #212 on: December 1, 2013, 04:22:29 pm »

Oh grow up. It's clear as day why mart got it in the neck, he has a painfully boring and ill-informed agenda against the player and we despise the gleeful rushing of him and his mate RoshanA to slag off the player he loves to malign as soon as the game ends. It's pitiful. Lucas was bad but hardly alone in that.

Does that mean that others criticising Lucas will be barracked and abused? No. And nobody has been anyway.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 1, 2013, 04:22:38 pm »
our midfield is awful...really really bad

I agree drop the midfield 1
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #214 on: December 1, 2013, 04:23:43 pm »
Well that mart365 post isn't really fair criticism is it? No player in our squad is 'awful'. It just looks like a really poor troll.
It's not trolling, it's just a painfully dull succession of posts saying the same thing over and over again, and the extraordinary glee he takes in posting when Lucas has a bad game.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #215 on: December 1, 2013, 04:24:54 pm »
Doubt he'll be reaching his pre-injury performance levels, which we so badly need in midfield now.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 1, 2013, 04:25:09 pm »
Lucas is the massive elephant in the room and has been for some time. For some reason - probably because of his 'rise' to becoming a good player and the unwarranted abuse he took during that time - he's the only player absolutely immune to criticism from fans, which is nonsense.

However, he's been very poor all season. He picks up needless yellow cards and gives away free kicks in dangerous areas, he doesn't want to receive the ball from the defenders and play it out, he's constantly bypassed and doesn't cover enough ground, he's just useless at the moment.

He was looking like a very good player at one point, but it took him quite a long time to get there. He's regressed badly back to that same level, and we're paying for it. Alongside Skrtel, he's the immediate change that needs making to our team. It doesn't help that he's got Gerrard next to him (or vice versa) but together they're a catastrophe. Allen isn't naturally as defensive, but he can pass and he's comfortable in possession. Also, since Lucas hasn't done more than five minutes of defending all season, I'm not sure how he could be worse.

We're really suffering needlessly in games because of our refusal to adapt in midfield, and that's as a result of our lack of activity in the transfer market where we needed it most. We have four midfielders and three of them play every game, no matter how poor at least two of them inevitably are.

If our defenders are being punished(?) and rewarded for performances, then it needs to happen all over the pitch. Lucas to be dropped for a number of games, and I'd say the same for Gerrard if we had anyone on the bench in reserve.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #217 on: December 1, 2013, 04:26:21 pm »
he's the only player absolutely immune to criticism from fans, which is nonsense.
:lmao

Unbelievable! He's been criticised more this season than any other player.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #218 on: December 1, 2013, 04:26:23 pm »
Although he needs competition from a more physical DM, I really don't think he's the main problem in our midfield.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 1, 2013, 04:26:59 pm »
It's not trolling, it's just a painfully dull succession of posts saying the same thing over and over again, and the extraordinary glee he takes in posting when Lucas has a bad game.

I don't have an 'agenda' I just think I should be able to defend myself and my opinions when people abuse me for having them.

Anyway I'm done, I'll just let the performances speak for themselves.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #220 on: December 1, 2013, 04:28:05 pm »
Although he needs competition from a more physical DM, I really don't think he's the main problem in our midfield.

This. It's the passenger alongside him...

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #221 on: December 1, 2013, 04:29:06 pm »
What annoying me by Lucas is that most of his tackles end with fouls

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: December 1, 2013, 04:30:12 pm »
I know its not saying much but I thought he was our best MF today

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 1, 2013, 04:30:18 pm »
What annoying me by Lucas is that most of his tackles end with fouls

drop the midfield 1

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #224 on: December 1, 2013, 04:30:42 pm »

Jesus wept.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 1, 2013, 04:31:06 pm »
Best player today along with Henderson. The only 2 to come out of the game with any credit
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 1, 2013, 04:31:55 pm »
He is just not the same Lucas anymore  :'(
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 1, 2013, 04:32:02 pm »
I know its not saying much but I thought he was our best MF today

he was once again our only midfielder.

gerarrds too busy preserving his legs

hendersons being used as a high presser .

the wide men are hardly tactical in their positioning and its one big mess.

I could put  ateam together better than that and id do it for 20 quid a week

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 1, 2013, 04:32:22 pm »
I don't think he was the problem today. We dominated the match possession wise and Hull didn't really take the game to us so he didn't really have a lot to do. The concern for me was further up the pitch - the individual performances, the lack of creativity without Coutinho and the lack of fluidity overall.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #229 on: December 1, 2013, 04:32:34 pm »
Jesus wept.

Sorry, if you want to remain oblivious about our true midfield problems then carry on.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 1, 2013, 04:32:41 pm »
:lmao

Unbelievable! He's been criticised more this season than any other player.

Not sure that's true, but if it is then he deserves it. What I meant to say was 'some fans'. I have nothing personal against him - I quite like him as a person and hope he comes good again as player, but he's been dire since August. As I say, it doesn't help that he and Gerrard are a woeful twosome, but something needs to be done. At the moment, Gerrard is at least scoring and assisting. Lucas isn't.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #231 on: December 1, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »
Lucas  :butt

Funny how our fans respond to Lucas critiques. I think he's a hinderance in midfield and offers nothing apart from the occasional obvious tackle. Once made, LFC fans rejoice and say, 'what would we do without him?'

PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 1, 2013, 04:33:35 pm »
Do people even watch the game anymore. I cannot see any reason as to why Lucas is being singled out.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #233 on: December 1, 2013, 04:34:17 pm »
He is just not the same Lucas anymore  :'(
:thumbup
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #234 on: December 1, 2013, 04:36:14 pm »
Do people even watch the game anymore. I cannot see any reason as to why Lucas is being singled out.
Well....

It is a Lucas thread....just saying!
PSN ID - hajme1   

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #235 on: December 1, 2013, 04:38:41 pm »
He was playing well before he did his acl.

He's been terrible compared to that form since he came back. He isn't good enough and isn't doing enough to suggest he's making the steps in the right direction to recapture that form a couple of years ago.

Needs replacing.
hi

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 1, 2013, 04:40:10 pm »
Not sure that's true, but if it is then he deserves it. What I meant to say was 'some fans'. I have nothing personal against him - I quite like him as a person and hope he comes good again as player, but he's been dire since August. As I say, it doesn't help that he and Gerrard are a woeful twosome, but something needs to be done. At the moment, Gerrard is at least scoring and assisting. Lucas isn't.

football doesn't work like that.
we could drop gerarrd and be more solid as a result and let in less goals...out weighing the goals gerarrd scores

the problem for me is gerarrd hasn't got enough energy in an area where we only have 3 or 2  (or even one at times when the 2 get wrong side).

the balance has to be right and if a player does have the right awareness regarding balance the partnership will have problems.

the pattern seems to have developed where we become more open second half unless we drop deep in numbers behind the ball.
this has to be down to tired legs

an ageing gerardr is not going to aid the legwork needed.

Rodgers needs to show some cujones and sub or even drop gerarrd for the sake of the team ....and the fans even if some fans cant see it

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #237 on: December 1, 2013, 04:40:57 pm »
Lucas  :butt

Funny how our fans respond to Lucas critiques. I think he's a hinderance in midfield and offers nothing apart from the occasional obvious tackle. Once made, LFC fans rejoice and say, 'what would we do without him?'
Is this a riddle? It makes zero sense. 'Once made' ???

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 1, 2013, 04:41:55 pm »
if we go back to a Rafa formation luacs will dominate again imo

he is well and truly over his injury....its just he has bigger spaces to cover and the setup from Rodgers is not thoughtfull enough.

he needs to learn very quickly imo

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #239 on: December 1, 2013, 04:59:40 pm »
Yes good idea G1 change our formation which suits our best three players to a formation under Rafa is which Lucas was never EVER dominate anyway. Lucas at his domination best was in 2011 under Kenny imo. That was when he was truly magnificent.

But yes changing formations is a non sensical idea imo as it will hinder not help the front three.