Author Topic: Jordan Brian Henderson - where does he not fit in?  (Read 506898 times)

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Brian Henderson - where does he not fit in?
« Reply #4200 on: April 17, 2014, 10:28:52 pm »
Thats it then, away win for the Blues  :butt. We won't miss him, we will deal with it and win the games. I wish people would have more faith in his replacements. You never know, his replacement might come in and do a better job.

Yes, because that's exactly what I said.  ::) He will be missed, I don't know what's controversial about that, he's been one of our best players this season. I never said his replacements wouldn't do a good job in his absence though.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4201 on: April 17, 2014, 10:48:03 pm »
Yes, because that's exactly what I said.  ::) He will be missed, I don't know what's controversial about that, he's been one of our best players this season. I never said his replacements wouldn't do a good job in his absence though.
Totally agree
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #4202 on: April 17, 2014, 10:52:40 pm »
Suarez was suspended 10 games for biting, won 7 drew 2 lost 1. If we coped without are best player, we will cope without Henderson.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:57:31 pm by istvan kozma »

Offline L1RED

• Main Stander
« Reply #4203 on: April 18, 2014, 12:44:34 am »
I am the first to say that Jordan has surprised me this season i will admit that i wanted rid of him the same as downing, i was the one saying ' pay me 60 bags a week and id have a good engine' he has played really well like everyone who has put on the red jersey this season, loved every minute of it. I still think for all his work and for his performances i still feel we could upgrade on him get someone with the engine who also scores and tackles. (granted his tackling has improved) but i suppose i am just lucky cause i have watched Steven Gerard play and think that's what the standard for a good midfielder is. Only just realizing that Steven Gerard comes once a life time and to compare other players to him is unfair. think we will defo cope with out him, thats not being unfair on him its just being fair to the other players

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4204 on: April 18, 2014, 12:07:16 pm »
That Guardian article really captures a lot of my feelings on Hendo. He has fast become one of my favourite players and I think he's absolutely vital to us. I've held up my hands before and admitted that 2 years ago I'd been vocal in my opinion that I thought we'd been sold a bit of a dud. Just goes to show that Kenny knows a million times better than me (well, obviously) and he's been more than vindicated in spotting for the potential for greatness in our Hendo. If you go on other team's forums after we've won you'll see any number of angry comments that their supposed midfield giants were totally bossed by "a midfield containing Jordan Henderson!!!11!!!". Well I hope he continues to be thoroughly underrated by everyone outside the club, as that means he'll most likely spend all the best years of his career with us and people will be wondering for years to come how we won so many bloody trophies with a midfield containing Jordan Henderson.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #4205 on: April 18, 2014, 12:14:14 pm »
Suarez was suspended 10 games for biting, won 7 drew 2 lost 1. If we coped without are best player, we will cope without Henderson.
its correct, its why we have a squad. Its not doing Jordan a disservice by saying we can cope without him. Its just believing in the manager to get the best out of his replacement, like he has done with pretty much every player who has had to step up.

Offline AfRiKaN ScOusE

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4206 on: April 18, 2014, 12:26:19 pm »
Shame Hendo didn't make the shortlist for young player of the year, he's been the most improved player under Rogers.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4207 on: April 18, 2014, 12:36:31 pm »
Shame Hendo didn't make the shortlist for young player of the year, he's been the most improved player under Rogers.

How old do you have to be to get nominated?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4208 on: April 18, 2014, 12:42:39 pm »
23 at the start of the season.

Offline AfRiKaN ScOusE

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4209 on: April 18, 2014, 02:35:28 pm »
How old do you have to be to get nominated?

A Player aged 23 or under at the start of the season.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4210 on: April 18, 2014, 02:44:28 pm »
Thanks both!

Suprised he wasn't nominated then really. He's had a very good season compared to a couple nominated.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #4211 on: April 18, 2014, 08:36:18 pm »
It's a joke that he hasn't been nominated, his selfless work goes unnoticed. Next year he should work hard to add goals to his game and then he'll get the credit he's rightly owed.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #4212 on: April 18, 2014, 08:51:49 pm »
Sadly the only way Henderson will get the credit he deserves from people outside the club will be if the team is completely dysfunctional in his absence. If we go on to win despite his suspension people will just say that he wasn't that important

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4213 on: April 18, 2014, 09:01:57 pm »
Sadly the only way Henderson will get the credit he deserves from people outside the club will be if the team is completely dysfunctional in his absence. If we go on to win despite his suspension people will just say that he wasn't that important

But he has started to be given credit by people outside of the club. The only people who don't give him credit are the ones who don't watch us, still wanting to lump him in with the  unsuccessful signings of Carroll, Downing and Adam.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4214 on: April 18, 2014, 09:28:01 pm »
You think so? I'd think being a consummate starter in a title challenging team, young, English, would be enough for people to notice. It's quite odd he wasn't selected though, I assume its due to his lack of flair and goalscoring record.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4215 on: April 18, 2014, 11:51:47 pm »

You think so? I'd think being a consummate starter in a title challenging team, young, English, would be enough for people to notice. It's quite odd he wasn't selected though, I assume its due to his lack of flair and goalscoring record.

Lack of flair? I recall at least one assist from a back heel ;-)
YNWA.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4216 on: April 19, 2014, 10:20:43 am »
He definitely has settled well into the side since his iffy first season or so and gives us the legs between the two boxes that SG no longer can do. While he has improved a lot under Brendan, still a Work in Progress as you can see he is working hard on his weaknesses. There is no better man than SG to learn your trade under.

Still think its a bit of a joke that he or Sturridge could be considered for Young Player of the year as Jordan made his league debut nearly 5 years ago, his debut for England in 2010. PFA might want to look at the category as I think even Milner was once nominated after 6 or 7 years making his league debut. 
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Samvice

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4217 on: April 19, 2014, 10:21:13 am »
Hendo's exactly the kind of player you don't appreciate until he's gone.

Offline antuan

• Main Stander
« Reply #4218 on: April 19, 2014, 10:31:45 am »
He's undoubtedly the most improved player in the league in the last season and a half. You can see that his confidence has grown immeasurably and he now feels comfortable playing for a club of our stature. He also clearly has a great relationship with our two best players (Suarez and Gerrard) who also clearly have great confidence in his ability which has only helped him develop further. I can only see him getting better but the true test for him will come when he has a dip in form or is left out for four or five games, and I don't mean by an enforced absence like now.
Let's twat these twats.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #4219 on: April 19, 2014, 10:34:45 am »
Henderson under kenny wasnt all that. Brendans moulded him into what he is by giving himt e role he has.

He can ask Allen to do it for 3 games? Surely Allen is fit enough? Even if he does it for 60 mins then bring on Lucas to do it for 30
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4220 on: April 19, 2014, 10:35:48 am »
Still think its a bit of a joke that he or Sturridge could be considered for Young Player of the year as Jordan made his league debut nearly 5 years ago, his debut for England in 2010. PFA might want to look at the category as I think even Milner was once nominated after 6 or 7 years making his league debut. 

It was actually Milner's 8th Season when he won the award. I think even just changing it to 21 and under rather 23 would be a big improvement.

As it is, I would say half the short-listed players shouldn't really be there.
Ramsey and Sturridge both made their first team debuts in 2006/07, Hazard in 2007/08.
Before this season started, Ramsey had played 183 games, Hazard 254 and Sturridge 156. The other 3 combined had made 105 appearances.

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4221 on: April 19, 2014, 10:42:59 am »
Jordan will still travel with the team. I’ve told him he’s a vital member of the group and he might not be able to effect the next three games on the field but he’s going to be very important for our changing room, our travelling and our hotels because he’s very much a part of us.

Love these words from Brendan. Jordan looked so down in that post-City picture. But this is superior man management. Jordan will be back against Newcastle rested and willing to run through even more walls.

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4222 on: April 19, 2014, 10:48:17 am »
Agreed. PFA should consider adding an award. Player of the year, Young player of the year and something like Breakthrough player of the year.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4223 on: April 19, 2014, 11:02:13 am »
Agreed. PFA should consider adding an award. Player of the year, Young player of the year and something like Breakthrough player of the year.

This.

Also, I think some people are underestimating wee Joe Allen in this thread.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4224 on: April 20, 2014, 08:26:59 am »
This.

wee

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #4225 on: April 20, 2014, 10:32:22 am »
I'm not just saying it but when I watched some of his under 21 performances around the same time we signed him, they got me excited .. they really did because he looked to have 'all the tools' to be successful at Liverpool ......... back then a Henderson - Lucas midfield partnership was something I really wanted to see be given a run of say 10 games but for what ever reason we never saw it .............. but that is okay, his use out wide was good experience and Kenny knew that ............ there was the 'he can't tackle for sh%t' calls from some but that can be taught and not all young players are fearless in the tackle from the get go ................. not to mention there are many different ways of tackling, some effective than others, depending on the style of play implemented tho' ..... for example; last ditch tackling that looks impressive on youtube - staying on your feet, relentless pressing/hassling - clever positioning and movement, being in the right at the right time .......... etc

Henderson had 'all the tools' and has proved a lot of people wrong.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:35:00 am by BMW »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4226 on: April 20, 2014, 11:34:11 am »
This.

Oui. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #4227 on: April 20, 2014, 03:01:37 pm »
Thought we missed his running and pressing today specially in that second half

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4228 on: April 20, 2014, 03:14:02 pm »
Thought we missed his running and pressing today specially in that second half

We did mate - but at least the lads got the result. It's up to them to impress, get more results, and keep their shirts for when Henderson is available for the last game. Shows how much he has come on in his time here.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #4229 on: April 20, 2014, 03:18:08 pm »
We did mate - but at least the lads got the result. It's up to them to impress, get more results, and keep their shirts for when Henderson is available for the last game. Shows how much he has come on in his time here.
how true this is, nobody else seems to be able to run for full 90. most of them tired a lot earlier.
Was screaming for somebody to close down the opponent, Hendo would have done... damn going to miss him
more then ever against Chelsea
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #4230 on: April 20, 2014, 03:50:57 pm »
Allen came in and played well today obviously, but fucking hell Henderson has been a warrior this season.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline imnofreak

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4231 on: April 20, 2014, 04:16:26 pm »
Sorely missed today, especially when trying to play it out from the back - missed his presence showing for the ball to play it out. Two games left without him.

Offline Aarhus

• Main Stander
« Reply #4232 on: April 20, 2014, 04:42:32 pm »
We surely need an extra man when Henderon is out. I see Coutinho and Allen competing for the same spot but we need a player with a big engine on him to play in Henderson's absence.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4233 on: April 20, 2014, 04:45:46 pm »
We surely need an extra man when Henderon is out. I see Coutinho and Allen competing for the same spot but we need a player with a big engine on him to play in Henderson's absence.
Your last two posts seem to want to criticise Allen when he was the least of our problems today.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Aarhus

• Main Stander
« Reply #4234 on: April 20, 2014, 04:53:17 pm »
Your last two posts seem to want to criticise Allen when he was the least of our problems today.

I don't criticise Allen at all. I thought he was our second best player after Sterling today but when Norwich want to play with the ball in the air, I would rather have Lucas than Allen because he's better in the air.

All I'm saying is that I see Coutinho/Allen for one of the spots in the midfield and Henderson/new player to the second spot in front of Gerrard.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #4235 on: April 20, 2014, 04:54:55 pm »
We severely lacked mobility in midfield today.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4236 on: April 20, 2014, 04:58:22 pm »
I don't criticise Allen at all. I thought he was our second best player after Sterling today but when Norwich want to play with the ball in the air, I would rather have Lucas than Allen because he's better in the air.

All I'm saying is that I see Coutinho/Allen for one of the spots in the midfield and Henderson/new player to the second spot in front of Gerrard.
Yeah let's ignore what he has done when the ball is on the floor to suit your pics poor argument.

Fucking back the players who  fighting for the team Now!

Eleven wins in a row and still moaning.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4237 on: April 20, 2014, 04:59:21 pm »
We severely lacked mobility in midfield today.
Surely not Allen's issue?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #4238 on: April 20, 2014, 05:04:36 pm »
Surely not Allen's issue?
Probably not, in general, but I thought he was very average today.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #4239 on: April 20, 2014, 05:06:21 pm »
It's almost as though people had their reason for LFC dropping points before the game. We win yet people are still moaning about Hendo missing. He made a bad tackle and can't play the next two games, get over it.