Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3286605 times)

Online owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #8560 on: April 15, 2014, 12:53:51 pm »
I honestly think Johnson should have done better to be honest,  if he had thrown his full body across he would blocked it.

Great podcast as always.
Can't just commit like that, in case Silva fakes a cross and cuts inside.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8561 on: April 15, 2014, 01:01:34 pm »
The fault for that goal comes from allowing them to get into that position in the first place IMO.

Johnson can't just commit against Silva, and Mignolet is wrong footed as he's rightly expecting the cross
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8562 on: April 15, 2014, 01:35:20 pm »
I was surprised by the choice of Mignolet to be honest.  He did OK in that he was prepared to leave his line for crosses, although he missed one completely which nearly cost us. As for the OG, harsh to blame him and he did pull off a top save from the snap shot. There was a moment in the first half were Skrtel lets the ball go over his shoulder expecting his keeper to be around to collect it only to find him nowhere to be seen and he has to kick it away. Mignolet has improved his game this season, but I'm never relaxed about him.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8563 on: April 15, 2014, 02:03:26 pm »
The podcast was great as always, although I noticed somebody said that was the first time a team came back against us from 2-0 and we went on to win, I know they're not as good but Swansea did the same (coming back twice) and we won 4-3.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #8564 on: April 15, 2014, 02:37:17 pm »
The podcast was great as always, although I noticed somebody said that was the first time a team came back against us from 2-0 and we went on to win, I know they're not as good but Swansea did the same (coming back twice) and we won 4-3.

Stoke away too.

royhendo

« Reply #8565 on: April 17, 2014, 07:33:05 am »
Download this: http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2013/12/podcast-brendan-brand-and-suarez/

It'll make you reflect on it all, and bring you back to the point when it all started to feel possible.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #8566 on: April 17, 2014, 07:49:07 am »
Download this: http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2013/12/podcast-brendan-brand-and-suarez/

It'll make you reflect on it all, and bring you back to the point when it all started to feel possible.

I listened to that pod on the way back from a training course in Manchester. It was a great show (hic) but it was also THE moment when we looked good enough to sustain presence at the top. "Champions elect" no longer seemed like a witty aside, it was a premonition.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #8567 on: April 17, 2014, 07:52:34 am »

Yep. The notion that we "go again" has been the hallmark of our season. THE MANTRA. They've pegged us back, we go again. We've slipped to 4th, we go again. We've tried this 23 times before...WE GO AGAIN!

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #8568 on: April 17, 2014, 02:08:29 pm »
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Liverbird27

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8569 on: April 17, 2014, 04:58:12 pm »
I listened to that pod on the way back from a training course in Manchester. It was a great show (hic) but it was also THE moment when we looked good enough to sustain presence at the top. "Champions elect" no longer seemed like a witty aside, it was a premonition.

They've been declaring us as the "champions elect" since the very first win of the season  ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:58:23 pm by Liverbird27 »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8570 on: April 17, 2014, 06:09:24 pm »

Offline MotownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #8571 on: April 17, 2014, 06:33:27 pm »
nice one, so hard to pick his best goal this season 

Sturridge chip was sublime...

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #8572 on: April 18, 2014, 08:37:17 pm »
New one's up now, Ben Johnno on it. Is right.

Offline LondonBarnes

• Main Stander
« Reply #8573 on: April 18, 2014, 08:47:22 pm »
Why is Moses held in such contempt? While the perception is Aspas or Alberto are unlucky not to have had more of a chance? At least Moses has scored a couple of goals. Aspas has been as useless as a pair of binoculars is to Stevie Wonder.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8574 on: April 18, 2014, 08:48:22 pm »
Why is Moses held in such contempt? While the perception is Aspas or Alberto are unlucky not to have had more of a chance? At least Moses has scored a couple of goals. Aspas has been as useless as a pair of binoculars is to Stevie Wonder.

I think partly because he's a loan player rather than owned by us, and partly because people know he has the talent but he just doesn't look arsed and hasn't kicked on like people expected him to.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #8575 on: April 18, 2014, 09:51:32 pm »

Need to listen again but as you mention old podcasts.

It was Neil Atkinson that got me to believe. He claims, and I believe him, that he believed the whole time when he said "Champions elect" at the end of the podcasts. I laughed at first, thought I was in on a joke. Liverpool don't challenge for leagues. It's an "in" joke at our fans that always say we'll win the league right? But then, we just kept winning. As such,  I've really enjoyed the sign offs by Neil over the last 2 months as the dream takes hold, becomes stronger and formulates into a realness that I didn't think was possible.

He was steadfast, and his dulcet tones converted me very early on, so much so I've been talking about the league for months rather than weeks or days, and laughed at by my mates, till we reached the position where we nearly, so very nearly have our hands on it should we do our job. The Spurs fans wants us to do it, the Manc is shitting himself.

Get in Neil. Thank you for making me dream. If we do it, I owe you several beers if I catch you in the town on the 11th.

Edit: And if we don't thank you for propelling me into a state of delirium. I'll never forget this season.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:55:49 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #8576 on: April 18, 2014, 11:30:49 pm »

Loved the Street Fighter bit at the start :lmao
:D

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8577 on: April 19, 2014, 12:24:54 am »
Without wanting to be patronising, but in light of recent negativity, I thought the female contingent in this week's offering were excellent.

The opening 10 minutes in general had me laughing me head off consistently too.  :D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #8578 on: April 19, 2014, 12:32:21 am »
Without wanting to be patronising, but in light of recent negativity, I thought the female contingent in this week's offering were excellent.

The opening 10 minutes in general had me laughing me head off consistently too.  :D

Thought it was Kelly Dalglish for about 15 minutes, and yeah she was boss.
:D

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #8579 on: April 19, 2014, 02:25:32 am »
Got it saying the file is corrupt when I try and listen to the new 'un.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline jerseyhoya

• Would love to get some of that Cock money
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8580 on: April 19, 2014, 03:57:56 am »
Yeah, it's working on iTunes though

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
« Reply #8581 on: April 19, 2014, 04:37:19 am »
Not downloading for me nor playing. Anyone else find the same?

Offline MotownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #8582 on: April 19, 2014, 06:00:57 am »
Not downloading for me nor playing. Anyone else find the same?

No!

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
« Reply #8583 on: April 19, 2014, 10:11:52 am »
No!

Thanks for the insight and help!! ;D

PS- working fine now.
Great stuff as always from TAW

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8584 on: April 19, 2014, 10:25:22 am »
Got it saying the file is corrupt when I try and listen to the new 'un.

If you're using firefox you might have the same issue I always have. Just has a black box with an X saying missing or corrupt.

Opening it in internet explorer always fixes it for me though

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8585 on: April 19, 2014, 11:01:25 am »
Was interesting when they said Suarez has scored more goals than Norwich this season.  ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gwto

• Main Stander
  • "Game Well and Truly Over, and I hate saying that"
« Reply #8586 on: April 19, 2014, 12:01:22 pm »
 ;D

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8587 on: April 21, 2014, 05:10:53 am »
Post Norwich podcast is up everyone!
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline GhostOfBenitez

• Main Stander
« Reply #8588 on: April 21, 2014, 06:23:50 am »
Post Norwich podcast is up everyone!

cant find it man can u link?

Offline GhostOfBenitez

• Main Stander
« Reply #8589 on: April 21, 2014, 06:26:10 am »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8590 on: April 21, 2014, 09:12:39 am »
Neil Mellor would have to be on my TV team, he's emerging as a very intelligent and articulate young pundit.

The next one is up now for your enjoyment.

Offline Tom18

• Kopite
« Reply #8591 on: April 21, 2014, 12:45:30 pm »
Neil Mellor would have to be on my TV team, he's emerging as a very intelligent and articulate young pundit.

The next one is up now for your enjoyment.

Just finished listening, enjoyable episode mate! Makes me much more relaxed about our title charge to hear the comparisons to United when people just accepted they'd win the league. Arghh who am I kidding, I'll be shitting it against Chelsea  ;D

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #8592 on: April 21, 2014, 05:23:03 pm »
As much as i've loved the teams onslaught on the championship it wouldnt have been half as good without the pincer move of the amazing Anfield Wrap
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Online jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #8593 on: April 21, 2014, 06:13:31 pm »
'Not like Evertonians to have a laff'.

Deliciously despicable.   :lmao
Kill the humourless

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8594 on: April 21, 2014, 06:52:54 pm »
I'm on pills for me nerves!

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8595 on: April 25, 2014, 11:07:54 am »
I really want to go to TAW end of season awards. Couldn't get tickets at the time because I was completely broke. But if anyone has a spare going at any stage please PM me. I'd be delighted. Been a listener of the pod since it first came out and till now have never made it to a live event.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8596 on: April 25, 2014, 11:31:32 am »
I really want to go to TAW end of season awards. Couldn't get tickets at the time because I was completely broke. But if anyone has a spare going at any stage please PM me. I'd be delighted. Been a listener of the pod since it first came out and till now have never made it to a live event.
There'll be no encouraging of touts on RAWK ;)
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #8597 on: April 25, 2014, 08:09:40 pm »
New mag and podcast out now!
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline lukee

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8598 on: April 25, 2014, 08:19:15 pm »
How goods the TAW Awards gonna to be, fucking can't wait!

Got a Uni exam the next day as well, HA

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8599 on: April 25, 2014, 08:19:45 pm »
Listened to both this and Anfield index podcast  this week and the contrast was immeasurable. A.I. c*nts spent about a quarter of it slagging off Lucas. Perhaps the self important, arrogant twat that is Dave Hendrick might nominate himself for bellend of the week . Won't be listening to that tripe again.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:21:38 pm by DangerScouse »