Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 337256 times)

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #1560 on: January 5, 2015, 11:18:56 pm »
See post above yours for a good start point. Plenty of other good pubs in Dale St area as well.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline prenton01

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1561 on: January 11, 2015, 06:01:50 am »
Group of us going out in Liverpool in a few months time, aged between 25 and 55.  What's the best area of town to go where we can enjoy some nice bars which aren't full of idiots?

If i was you do a route like this, this is what we do around once a month a mix of girls and lads from 35 to 50

Ship & Mitre http://www.theshipandmitre.com/   Great beers and atmosphere
Rigbys
The Hub http://www.thehub-liverpool.com/ Great beers and a mix of younger crowd to us oldies
Baltic Fleet http://www.balticfleetpubliverpool.com/
Studio 2 Parr Street http://studio2liverpool.com/the-bar/ Bit of Live music but also a great bar so you don't have to listen to music
Finish off with a whisky cocktail in the Prohibition Bar Berry & Rye My favorite Bar
  http://www.liverpoolconfidential.co.uk/Food-and-Drink/Bars-and-Booze/Berry-And-Rye-Reviewed-Liverpool-Berry-Street-Bar-Drink

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1562 on: January 11, 2015, 12:07:46 pm »
If i was you do a route like this, this is what we do around once a month a mix of girls and lads from 35 to 50

Ship & Mitre http://www.theshipandmitre.com/   Great beers and atmosphere
Rigbys
The Hub http://www.thehub-liverpool.com/ Great beers and a mix of younger crowd to us oldies
Baltic Fleet http://www.balticfleetpubliverpool.com/
Studio 2 Parr Street http://studio2liverpool.com/the-bar/ Bit of Live music but also a great bar so you don't have to listen to music
Finish off with a whisky cocktail in the Prohibition Bar Berry & Rye My favorite Bar
  http://www.liverpoolconfidential.co.uk/Food-and-Drink/Bars-and-Booze/Berry-And-Rye-Reviewed-Liverpool-Berry-Street-Bar-Drink

I've never been to that Studio2 and love my live music, so I am guessing its definately worth a visit? Which is the best night to go?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1563 on: January 11, 2015, 03:55:44 pm »
Staying in the Nadler on Seel Street, would we be best turning left out of the hotel and sticking to Seel Street, Slater Street and Wood Street (does that miss any decent bars out?)

Probably going to be 8-12 of us, ages ranging from 25-55.  Are we going to have any trouble getting into bars, being an all male group?  Obviously we could split into smaller groups.  We won't be in fancy dress or looking to disturb anyone else's evening, so not a typical stag party!

Offline prenton01

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1564 on: January 12, 2015, 06:06:04 am »
I've never been to that Studio2 and love my live music, so I am guessing its definately worth a visit? Which is the best night to go?

I only go at weekends and sat night is always a good night they have up and coming artists on, Recently a 16yr old girl on the piano wrote all her own songs and had a brilliant voice. You can have tapas type meal as well while watching the music if you want as well

Offline prenton01

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1565 on: January 12, 2015, 06:10:56 am »
Staying in the Nadler on Seel Street, would we be best turning left out of the hotel and sticking to Seel Street, Slater Street and Wood Street (does that miss any decent bars out?)

Probably going to be 8-12 of us, ages ranging from 25-55.  Are we going to have any trouble getting into bars, being an all male group?  Obviously we could split into smaller groups.  We won't be in fancy dress or looking to disturb anyone else's evening, so not a typical stag party!

Would avoid slater street myself pubs arn't the best but try Parr street some good bars on there Studio2 , The Attic and on seel st nearby the gardens bar

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1566 on: January 12, 2015, 07:58:36 am »

I'd definitely recommend splitting into smaller groups mate. 3/4 of you at a time and you'll be fine most places.

Offline GOD-9

• Biff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robert Bernard Fowler
« Reply #1567 on: January 12, 2015, 06:11:07 pm »
Heading to the Chelsea game next Tuesday night, I know the City is pretty much dead on a Tuesday night but is there anywhere you guys would recommend with at least a bit of life about it? Not been over midweek for a couple years
Youll Never Walk Alone

Offline Juliman

• Kopite
« Reply #1568 on: January 12, 2015, 08:26:02 pm »
Heading to the Chelsea game next Tuesday night, I know the City is pretty much dead on a Tuesday night but is there anywhere you guys would recommend with at least a bit of life about it? Not been over midweek for a couple years

I'd say your best bet would be to go check out Seel Street, I'm sure one of the bars will have some life about it

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #1569 on: January 12, 2015, 09:03:05 pm »

Probably be a couple of student nights on
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: January 12, 2015, 09:24:59 pm »

Tuesday is probably the weakest night in town but I think Bumper down Hardman street is the biggest student event
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1571 on: January 13, 2015, 11:10:48 pm »
Got called a wanker for saying "Nah..." to a guy who tried to get me to come into his bar in Seel Street when I was at Liverpool in November. ;)

Met a great guy at the HJC-shop though and he took me around town on Sunday with a couple of his mates. Before we met them we visited some nice pubs, but I don't remember what they were called... The only one I can kind of think of was one where they had a "club-card" or something like that... ;D

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: January 14, 2015, 08:35:41 am »

Last time I was out on a Tuesday Heebies was decent and I'm sure it was a quid for a bottle. Then headed to bumper which was busy. Both full of students.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: January 14, 2015, 04:22:13 pm »

Was in Heebies last night actually and it was pretty busy. Lots of sickeningly young people in grey Primark suits like, but still it was busy.

Offline GOD-9

• Biff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robert Bernard Fowler
« Reply #1574 on: January 14, 2015, 10:27:27 pm »
Nice one, was in Heebies last time I was over and had a good night, decent live music etc so happy enough with that. Loads of nice bars around Seel St area so will head that direction. Cheers !
Youll Never Walk Alone

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1575 on: January 18, 2015, 06:53:33 pm »
It'll probably be fairly quiet as it's the exam period at the moment so most students will be in the library.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1576 on: January 18, 2015, 07:52:52 pm »
It'll probably be fairly quiet as it's the exam period at the moment so most students will be in the library.

Not sure if serious
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1577 on: January 18, 2015, 08:12:50 pm »
Not sure if serious

Deadly. It won't be anywhere near as busy as Thursday and Friday next week when exams finish. I went out on a Tuesday in the second week of uni exams when I was in Liverpool and it was dead.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1578 on: January 18, 2015, 08:38:21 pm »
Deadly. It won't be anywhere near as busy as Thursday and Friday next week when exams finish. I went out on a Tuesday in the second week of uni exams when I was in Liverpool and it was dead.

Students have gone up in my estimation then :D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1579 on: January 18, 2015, 08:41:35 pm »

Despite what you think of them for those two weeks during winter and summer exams they are as hard working as anyone else out there ;D

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: January 18, 2015, 08:55:11 pm »

They've gone down in mine ;)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: January 19, 2015, 12:05:52 am »
Student here, wish I was going out in the next week but exams are a bitch ;)

It shouldn't be completely dead though, some subjects don't have January exams + most JMU courses don't I think
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #1582 on: January 31, 2015, 10:36:23 am »
Maybe this should be an own thread, but I`m interested in hearing about peoples` top 5 pubs in Liverpool.

I don`t live in Liverpool, so I only have my personal memories from places that I`ve liked.

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
« Reply #1583 on: January 31, 2015, 11:13:24 pm »
Maybe this should be an own thread, but I`m interested in hearing about peoples` top 5 pubs in Liverpool.

I don`t live in Liverpool, so I only have my personal memories from places that I`ve liked.

Strictly pubs:

The Fly in The Loaf
The Grapes (by the bombed out church, not the Matthew St one)
The Belvedere
The Calidonia
The Lion Tavern

If you allow bars and such, then:

Brewdog
The 23 Club
The Shipping Forecast
The Jacaranda (I see it more as a bar)
T h e  G r o v e (it was autocorrecting weirdly)

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #1584 on: February 1, 2015, 05:25:15 am »
23 club?
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: February 1, 2015, 09:12:47 am »
23 club?

My favourite bar in Liverpool, in the basement of clovehitch on hope Street. Deffo worth checking out.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: February 1, 2015, 09:38:41 am »
Ship and mitre, ye cracke, rigbys/lady of mann particularly in the summer in the courtyard, shipping forecast are probably mine in town

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #1587 on: February 1, 2015, 03:33:50 pm »
Thank you. Don`t think I`ve been to any of those. Like Peter Kavanaghs and The Pilgrim.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #1588 on: February 1, 2015, 11:08:27 pm »
The 23 Club
The Fly in the Loaf
The Ship & Mitre
The Caledonia
Thomas Rigby's

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: February 2, 2015, 12:51:39 pm »

The Ship & Mitre
The Ye Cracke
The Belvidere
Peter Kavanagh's
The Railway (Tithebarn Street)
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Social Scouser

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1590 on: February 2, 2015, 02:42:51 pm »
Motel
Camp and furnace
The Caledonia
The Grapes
Salt Dog Slims

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1591 on: February 2, 2015, 08:50:37 pm »
All personal choice as always  ;)

The Lion
The Belvedere
The Dispensary
Roscoe Head
Excelsior

are mine at the moment.

Top three probably won't change unless the beer goes downhill.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: February 2, 2015, 11:02:19 pm »
The Belvedere is a great boozer isn't it. I would put that in my top 5 along with the Ship & Mitre, Rigby's, Excelsior and The Grapes. Ship & Mitre number one for me.

Offline ElectroFunkLad

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1593 on: February 3, 2015, 12:47:22 pm »
The (little) Grapes
The Belvedere
Peter Kavanaghs
Ye Cracke
Ship and Mitre

That was really hard, loads of decent pubs in town. Special mentions to The Cali when it was much messier and rave-ier and my local The Edinburgh

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: February 3, 2015, 12:52:47 pm »
Ye Hole in Ye Wall. Great little pub to watch the match in.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: February 3, 2015, 01:20:10 pm »
Ye Hole in Ye Wall. Great little pub to watch the match in.

Madness, in the all years I have been watching the match in town, I never even considered this gaff showed the game.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: February 5, 2015, 07:14:15 pm »
Best place to watch the derby in town on saturday?

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: February 5, 2015, 07:33:29 pm »
Best place to watch the derby in town on saturday?

Town will be full of idiots.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1598 on: February 5, 2015, 07:39:14 pm »
Town will be full of idiots.

This.

I'm also going to town, going home asap after en of match.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #1599 on: February 9, 2015, 09:35:55 pm »
Got to get an overnight coach back to London after the Spurs game tomorrow. Departs around 2am, so dont want to be hanging around a cold bus station for longer than Ive got to. So was wondering if there were any late night bars/pubs open after midnight in the city centre. Most seem to shut at midnight.