Author Topic: Jonathan Pie  (Read 1324 times)

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Jonathan Pie
« on: January 24, 2024, 12:48:32 am »
Most, if not all of us, have been sent the links - the frustrated roving reporter let loose because there is a break in transmission - the cutting observational humour soothes the political soul, whilst squinting to make you sure the harsh reality of what we all supposedly strive for, and what we submit to - is laid bare in all its harsh words and satirical foil.

The Phil, tonight, was as much as it was comedic and a Uber barbed slash and burn of this current political landscape, as it was to ask those there, that perhaps, it is we -  that should be more self reflective and we, whilst being too cool for school, are as naive as the next up and coming Tory party shithouse whip.

Do one thing this year - go and watch him.

Genuinely can’t believe we haven’t got a thread for the vapid twat!

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jonathan Pie
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 01:01:17 am »
He's brilliant.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 12:33:16 pm »
He's an excellent character. Enjoy his tirades immensely

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 01:19:29 pm »
Complete opposite view myself

I find the character quite a stale rehash of a classic comedy line

Man appears exasperated while talking accurately about the government being shits?  That is it really?

The character is also a creation of Andrew Doyle who writes for Spikes and GB News, the charcter isn't the left wing hero he originally appears as.  His rants on gender and identity politics found especially unpleasant

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 01:56:12 pm »
He's insufferable. It'll be interesting to see where he takes his career when he can't rant about a Tory government.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 01:57:43 pm »
Yeah I find him annoying now too.

That joke isn't funny anymore.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 11:40:50 pm »
Good shout Chops. He's good, cutting and hilarious at times while talking about terrifying policies.

I understand the shouts of where does he go from there, but politics is so wide, and people in charge are never short of saying stupid things, so he would have plenty to work with, perhaps not necessarily in the same format though.

Think of Rory Bremner and how brilliant his material was, granted he could do impressions, but he also had staged debates and touched on many political points. Politics always has plenty of material for comedy.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 08:40:14 am »
He did a BBC radio 'phone in' comedy last year:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p0frw494

It's a bit more long-form than the YT clips that have made him famous and weaves in some personal life stuff from the character's background, divorcee status, overall career etc.

the charcter isn't the left wing hero he originally appears as.  His rants on gender and identity politics found especially unpleasant

I think he's generally against the lazy takes that a lot people share these days. In the Brexit episode of the radio show he pushes back against claims that "all racists voted for Brexit" (you can hate brown people and believe Britain's economy is better within the EU) and "Brexit has been a failure" (in the specific aim that the UK did leave the EU, it didn't fail). In the vein of some of the most well known British comedy creations, I don't believe the character was created to be likeable (immediately prior to one episode he's used a slur against a colleague in a meeting and tries to use his show to justify why he shouldn't have to apologise). Rails against Thatcher a lot and takes a lot of his politics from his dad ("traditional old-school left wing").

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 10:47:09 am »
"I clapped so much my hands hurt."

I go to comedy to laugh.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2024, 11:40:57 am »
I like him. He's great.

Fuck the Tories.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2024, 11:21:53 am »
Went to see him on the Fake News tour a few years ago and he was brilliant. Wasn’t sure if it would stand up to a live show, but it really did.

Online CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2024, 08:30:08 pm »
When I went to see him, I sat their all rigid and taught. Serious business this laughing, I'll have you know.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2024, 10:46:49 pm »
Saw him at the Phil 18 months or so ago but had to give last weeks ticks away. He’s great.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2024, 10:00:04 pm »
Went to see him the other week.  He's hilarious!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 10:11:26 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:32:56 pm »
I got onto him during that lockdown thing .  He's spot on in this one.

https://youtu.be/p9_bI789Gog?si=FmLQzZyeh7IcbXfJ

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .