Author Topic: Liverpool Could Sponsor the M62  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool Could Sponsor the M62
« on: April 27, 2017, 04:00:53 pm »
We have the M62 lads.  ;D

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-liverpool-can-counter-manchester-12953485

Could Liverpool sponsor the M62 motorway?

A proposal from AA chiefs have tried to drum up funds for the country’s transport infrastructure - and the plans could entail football clubs sponsoring motorways, such as the M6 and M62.

AA president Edmund King and his wife, business analyst Deirdre, came up with The Road Miles proposal, which already includes the potential creation of the Adidas A1, Morrison's M1 and the Manchester United M6.

The sponsorship could see United adverts decked out across the motorway junctions in an effort to raise money - but the Reds may be able to make their own move.

he proposals could enable the Reds to counter United's sponsorship by adopting the M62 as their own - which would surely infuriate rivals fans on their trips across the motorway towards Anfield.

The motorway, which starts near the Rocket pub in Broadgreen and stretches all the way to Hull, is the main route between Liverpool and Manchester.

Mr and Mrs King believe drivers should be given 3,000 free road miles each year and then pay a small fee for driving further distances, in a bid to reduce non-essential journeys.

The proposals would see fuel duty drop from 58 pence per litre to 47p within five years, while more than £3bn in extra investment for roads could be generated, partly through naming rights investments.

However, Mr King did concede that sponsorships from the likes of United and Liverpool could be "unlikely" due to rivals fans.

"Drivers fed up with current cones, congestion and chaos will be compensated for delays and have a say in how our roads are run," said Mr King.

His wife Deidre, added: "More money will be available for roads, yet the motorist will pay less as extra income from the Road Miles lottery, naming rights and auction will supplement revenues.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Re: Liverpool Could Sponsor the M62
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 05:03:59 pm »
Anfield to Old Trafford.

Liverpool Autobahn.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 05:33:49 pm »
The RFL sponsoring the M62 from Manchester all the way to Hull. ;)
#Sausages

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 05:56:57 pm »
Anfield to Old Trafford.

Liverpool Autobahn.
The opposite lane - Manchester to Liverpool - can be named the Everton Expressway.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 06:31:07 pm »
The opposite lane - Manchester to Liverpool - can be named the Everton Expressway.

Duh.  Everton already have County Road.  Runs all the way to Lille via Rhyl.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 07:36:24 pm »
Duh.  Everton already have County Road.  Runs all the way to Lille via Rhyl.

Still massive tailbacks on the north bound stretch due to the hordes struggling to get back from Lille.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 09:53:32 pm »
Whoever came up with this idea must live in cloud cookbook land.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.