Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 663905 times)

Offline seal75

• Kopite
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #1800 on: April 23, 2017, 10:27:15 pm »
He was crap, yet again, there was guy in the kop who was jumping up and down like he was on a pogo stick berating origi cos he failed to jump for so many balls in the 2nd half.   Add to him not making runs, not anticipating through balls, was like playing with 10 men.

as for age, saying he's 22 means nothing, owen and fowler was terrorising defences at younger ages, ousting older strikers.   This guy, in the side through default rather than merit, has the build and physique, he has no burning pace, he isn't strong enough at holding up the ball, touch isn't the greatest, he doesn't chase people down well enough, he doesn't anticipate chances well enough, he occasionally pops up with a goal, but don't think he's ever gonna be the player that grabs the bull by the horns.   He's just abit meh.

And meh, should never be good enough for Liverpool fc.

Totally aggree.
I wanted to say something similar about his age which can't be used as an excuse. For me, he doesn't have that burning fire in him to show what he's really capable of.
There were numerous occasions during the game today where he was put on a through ball and he stopped running because he thought he hasn't got a chance... that for me is unacceptable, for a young player who has done nothing in the game yet and who is "fighting" for a place in the starting eleven to just give up like this.
Add this to the fact that he is so predictable on the ball... even his twisting and turning have no purpose at all. 
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1801 on: April 24, 2017, 12:38:39 am »
He was crap, yet again, there was guy in the kop who was jumping up and down like he was on a pogo stick berating origi cos he failed to jump for so many balls in the 2nd half.   Add to him not making runs, not anticipating through balls, was like playing with 10 men.

as for age, saying he's 22 means nothing, owen and fowler was terrorising defences at younger ages, ousting older strikers.   This guy, in the side through default rather than merit, has the build and physique, he has no burning pace, he isn't strong enough at holding up the ball, touch isn't the greatest, he doesn't chase people down well enough, he doesn't anticipate chances well enough, he occasionally pops up with a goal, but don't think he's ever gonna be the player that grabs the bull by the horns.   He's just abit meh.

And meh, should never be good enough for Liverpool fc.

Well it was either him or... Stur... no wit he's injured again.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1802 on: April 24, 2017, 12:38:57 am »
I'm still yet to see this amazing work rate you hear about. I mean he's not lazy but fuck me ...

There's just nothing going on up there is there. All he wants is the ball at his feet. And he's got good feet, you can't deny that. But there's never really any idea about how the ball at his feet is going to get into the goal, or take us as a team one step closer towards it. And for a striker that's a big fucking problem!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1803 on: April 24, 2017, 12:41:34 am »
So how would Rhian Brewster done starting against a fat sam team?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1804 on: April 24, 2017, 06:12:38 am »
He either seems to have solid 7/10 games with the odd goal or assist or a 3/10 like yesterday. As others have already said, he's only good enough to be second or third backup and that's about it. But it is what it is now seeing as we have nobody else to turn to.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1805 on: April 24, 2017, 06:58:54 am »
Very frustrating to watch him over play the ball and just given to the opposition time after time

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #1806 on: April 24, 2017, 12:11:04 pm »
Sometimes he looks like he could become a really good player, but other times he's incredibly frustrating.

He tends to want to keep the ball for too long, and for some reason can't seem to win a header or hold up play.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #1807 on: April 24, 2017, 12:42:36 pm »
He's clearly a talented guy, quick feet and an eye for goal. But he frustrates in equal measure. He doesn't hold the ball up well enough for somebody of his stature and he wont run in behind, its like he can't visualise were the space will be. At least three times decent through balls were played for him and he was caught on his heals. Just not good enough. Even if he doesn't get the ball, he has to realise that when teams are defending deep and in numbers, he has to be the guy to stretch the defence and make them stand off that extra yard.

With Lallana coming back Klopp has a dilemma, assuming others sty fit. Does he drop origin and go back to Firmino central, or does he drop one of Lucas/Can and stick with Origi up front? There are pros and cons to both, but yesterday wont have helped his case.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1808 on: April 24, 2017, 12:44:45 pm »
I'd expect him to be benched when Lallana is back, Klopp didn't play him when he had other options and I think he's only getting a run now because needs must.  Would imagine Lallana will end up in one of the front 3 places, which isn't ideal.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1809 on: April 24, 2017, 12:49:10 pm »
I'd expect him to be benched when Lallana is back, Klopp didn't play him when he had other options and I think he's only getting a run now because needs must.  Would imagine Lallana will end up in one of the front 3 places, which isn't ideal.

That would be a terrible idea. We already have zero creativity in our midfield need him back there asap with Lucas on the bench.
We tried Lallana in the front 3 previously and that was a disaster.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1810 on: April 27, 2017, 09:21:03 am »

Please no, just no. Lallana is wasted up front.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Origi scored 2 goals last 930 PL minutes.

I know it's not entirely his fault because our midfield right now literally doesn't create anything but I'd bench him for total lack of relationship understanding with our two Brazilians. If you saw them try to interchange today you'd be forgiven for never believing they actually train together for 2 years every day.

It looked a lot better with Sturridge who is a much more of a pure footballer the way Phil and Bobby are. We did well last 3 away games but the set-up of last 20 mins today looks like they have goals in them, we have to give them a chance.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Really struggling at the moment and the reasons for picking him over Sturridge, running the channels, pressing defenders, etc aren't bearing fruit because teams are setting themselves up so deep against us.  And that's where Sturridge can cause problems with his technique and movement.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
As well as playing poorly, you can quite clearly see a lack of trust between Origi and Firmino/Coutinho. They dont really seem to play with him.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Is anyone ever confident he can win a header any time, anywhere on the pitch? :/

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
He's having a shocker at the moment
Not sure if we have the personnel to not play him ... if we do play him we should try him in a 2 with Bobby and play a diamond

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is anyone ever confident he can win a header any time, anywhere on the pitch? :/

James Milner seem unrelentingly confident Origi can win headers .....

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Another underwhelming performance from Divock today  :-\
Would like to see him loaned out to another Premier League club next season where he can get game time (Assuming we bring in a top striker or 2 in the summer)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
James Milner seem unrelentingly confident Origi can win headers .....

Oh I know him! He's that really quiet bloke we have as Captain yeah? :P

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
Not good enough, would not play that amount of games for any of our rivals lets be honest.

« Last Edit: May 7, 2017, 05:02:53 pm by Greatness »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh I know him! He's that really quiet bloke we have as Captain yeah? :P

Yup ... the fella who keeps lofting crosses in for 'sort of big' divock .

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
Not good enough, would not play that amount of games for any of our rivals lets be honest.

Oh fuck off...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Blows really hot and cold. So incredibly frustrating. When he's good, he's good. But when he's not, he looks every bit of that player that was included in the "Worst Ligue 1 XI" before he arrived here. And he's looked like it for a fair few weeks now.

Either way, he should be nowhere near leading our line.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
Needs a good kick in the ass for me. You can't play for Liverpool as if you're playing for Lille FFS  :no
You are playing for fucking Liverpool here !
You're getting the chance to start ahead of Daniel Sturridge, take it with both feet and cement your place in the starting eleven !
0 shot in a game like this playing as the main striker??  :butt

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
He is clearing off-form. Not much use to keep persisting with him. Gotta change tactics or get Sturridge on the field. We got 2 games to win.....
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Needs to stay in the box more and make himself a nuisance rather than dropping deep or going wide where he's ineffectual.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline seal75

• Kopite
He is clearing off-form. Not much use to keep persisting with him. Gotta change tactics or get Sturridge on the field. We got 2 games to win.....
He isn't off form, he's devoid of any idea of how to play the forward line.
It's like having a big Benteke up there minus the goals.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
Form has dropped off a cliff this year it really has. Not sure what he offers at the moment... Doesn't win headers, doesn't hold the ball up, doesn't bring others into play, doesn't create chances, doesn't run at the CBs or run the channels, and doesn't really offer much off the ball defensively either. The very definition of a "nothing" player at the moment.

It'd be silly to write a player off after a bad run of form in a team that's desperately underperforming and that isn't creating anything, but I do think we need better. I'm not sure he's a lone striker (not sure Sturridge is either) and he doesn't at least link play in that way that Firmino does, so it's hard to see him truly excelling here in the current set-up. He'd be a fine 3rd choice striker (probably) but we've had to play him way too much this season, and that's going to have to change if we want to be successful.

Offline MTred406

• Anny Roader
He struggles in tight spaces and can't create his own chances in the box.  A much more open game suites him better where he can use his power and pace to be more direct.  Definitely not the answer in these last two matches. 

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
His heads gone.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
His movement is Balotelli-esque at the moment. Make some fucking runs lad.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not good today but was fine against Watford hate the revisionists.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
He'll be better next season. Awful today though
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
As well as playing poorly, you can quite clearly see a lack of trust between Origi and Firmino/Coutinho. They dont really seem to play with him.
Yep, I agree with that, which I don't think helps him, or them. All three are real confidence players, I think...aside from the obvious that's one thing that we've really missed with Mane. He's like Can in that respect, it doesn't matter whether he's having a good game or a bad game he will keep trying, keep doing the work and keep doing what he's supposed to regardless. Both players persevere. With Coutinho, Firmino and Origi all three only ever seem a good/bad moment away from either taking the game by the scruff of the neck or disappearing from it completely.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
His movement is Balotelli-esque at the moment. Make some fucking runs lad.
He made runs and the central midfielders were looking at the ball at their feet.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
He's hit a rut. I'd still persist.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
He's hit a rut. I'd still persist.

Good god no. It would be crazy to have him start another game. He has been terrible in the past few weeks.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
Shouldn't start against West Ham.
Sturridge looks brighter at the mo.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
He has not looked sharp recently. I wouldn't make too much of it. He does what we can expect.

Our best option up front is Firmino. His goals/assists is that of a 2nd pick striker. The rest of our options are worse, for whatever reason. And that's what we see. Now that Mane is out and Sturridge/Origi only play in the central position, we end up with a 3rd pick striker as our main man.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
His movement is not up to scratch. Mostly wants it to feet or runs in straight lines. If he took a leaf or two out of Firmino's book, he'd be a player. There's someone with clever movement, both to find space for himself and create it for others.
Love Ren & Stimpy