Author Topic: LFC Opinion Survey w/ RESULTS (85% Pro-Rafa)  (Read 17979 times)

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC Opinion Survey
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2010, 03:24:56 am »
Done

Yes
36-49

same as mine......atually don't recall when i started supporting liverpool, as i don't remember not, and my old brothers were season ticket holders ......but first memories of watching games were 77, particularly the fa cup final and the european cup final
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline liverpoolfan1970

• Anny Roader
  • Anarcho-Capitalist
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 03:41:42 am »
Yes.
36-49
YNWA

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 03:51:35 am »
Yes.
H.R. Puffenstuff
Parts Unknown
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2010, 04:00:11 am »
Yes
36-49
U.K.

Offline REDDHEART

• Main Stander
    • DEWASANakaREDHEART
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2010, 04:03:44 am »
NO
Sammy Lee :)
36-49
Late80s
Nothing Last Forever

Offline mustangGT

• Main Stander
  • Addicted to a certain kind of sadness
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2010, 04:23:31 am »
Yes
Indian

Done!  :)
http://twitter.com/Starrk_Wolf

What do you think this is? Some sort of discussion board?

Offline klobutruck33

• Anny Roader
  • MELLORRRRRR!
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2010, 04:38:25 am »
Yes
26-35
He's only on loan,
he's only on loannnn,
Rafa Benitez,
he'll be coming back home!

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2010, 05:21:30 am »
It would be interesting to see the results.

My guess would be that the 18-25 year olds would be most likely to say no.

Yes
18-25
USA.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2010, 05:45:36 am »
Yes
35-49

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2010, 05:48:14 am »
Yes
18-25

Makes me look like a glory hunting fairweather fan, in retrospect. Truth of the matter is that I never really cared about football until I could watch English matches live.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:06:30 am by Finn Solomon »
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2010, 05:51:26 am »
Done
What will come out of this?
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Dan86

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2010, 05:56:44 am »
done, took me ages to find United Kingdom!
"if you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later"
- Bob Paisley

Offline toshi

• Kopite
  • Respect
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2010, 06:01:07 am »
Yup
36-49
CJ        : "Morton, this is President Bartlett"
Bartlett : "Hey Morton"
Morton (stunned) : "WOW"
Bartlett  : "Well Said"

Offline KSra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2010, 06:13:01 am »
Yes
18-25

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2010, 06:13:48 am »
Yes
26-35

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 06:55:02 am »
Yes.

26 - 35.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 06:59:10 am »
Alan, then perhaps you (or another Mod) could organize a poll of that nature on this forum? The people who participate on the regular banter on either side will be more likely to respond regardless of their position on the issue, and then the results of the two polls can be compared. If there is no statistical difference, then there is an additional verification of the results.

What for? I wouldn't trust any internet poll to give any sensible results on something that actually matters as they are susceptible to manipulation and bias.

I could be just as wrong on the pro-Rafa side. Maybe the people who want Rafa to stay are more vociferous than the sack Rafa brigade. Who knows?

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 07:26:32 am »
I could be just as wrong on the pro-Rafa side. Maybe the people who want Rafa to stay are more vociferous than the sack Rafa brigade. Who knows?

Not to mention the variables associated with who regularly, or at all, utilises internet forums. I think you're right Alan, although I can't see the harm in a quick poll amongst Rawkites really - might throw up something interesting for discussion.

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 07:50:00 am »
Yes
50+

Oh and I'm a scouser.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 08:02:25 am »
I don't see why people would post there answers on here too.
Is it to show how good 'n loyal they are to a somewhat struggling manager ?

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 08:28:51 am »
Is there any chance of producing a new thread or changing the title when the results are published?  I suppose that will save everyone asking when we can see what people on RAWK think. 

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 08:34:03 am »

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2010, 08:35:12 am »
Done
Namibia
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 08:36:53 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2010, 08:51:52 am »
I reckon its about the age by which you had memorised the players names and wore jerseys of your own volition ;D

thats a bit unfair , we grew up Liverpool , there was never any element of choice. Its like you are catholic or prodestant, you can opt out when you are older but you dont choose.
Personally I find it strange when i meet people who 'choose' to support any team. Like I know a kid who supports Arsenal and his dad supports Spurs ! what the fuck kind of fucked up  family/parenting is that . We would have been sent to the orphange for wearing an Everton shirt.
As for naming the team my cousin could recite it before she could even speak in sentences, her dad drummed it int her. she was probably 2.

I haven't wore a replica kit since the one i got for xmas in 1976 tho.

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2010, 08:53:39 am »
What for? I wouldn't trust any internet poll to give any sensible results on something that actually matters as they are susceptible to manipulation and bias.

Also the poll is amongst people who frequent one of the more enlightened football forums on the web, you would get very different results if this was appear on the echo forum or 606 for example.
Its like putting asking the readership of a particular newspapers opinion on the General Election and then taking that as an accurate assessment of the whole country.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2010, 08:57:07 am »
38 - 40
UK
Started supporting in May 2005 after a number of years supporting Leeds  Blackburn  Manchester United  Arsenal
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2010, 08:58:06 am »
............ one of the more enlightened football forums on the web, ............

?????????

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2010, 09:01:39 am »
yes
18-25
Rafa is the man... for now..
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2010, 09:07:02 am »
thats a bit unfair , we grew up Liverpool , there was never any element of choice. Its like you are catholic or prodestant, you can opt out when you are older but you dont choose.
Personally I find it strange when i meet people who 'choose' to support any team. Like I know a kid who supports Arsenal and his dad supports Spurs ! what the fuck kind of fucked up  family/parenting is that . We would have been sent to the orphange for wearing an Everton shirt.

That's the start of the issue of the "keep liverpool scouse" thing. No matter how many games they've watched and how many players name's they know, the fact that they made a descision to follow a different team than the one they were brought up on or in their local town suggests they may have a slightly different agender than someone who supports liverpool because that's where they're from. Like the difference in opinions about which is the bigger game, the derby or the mancs. May of been useful to have a multichoice question on why liverpool i.e. born there/followed family/one magical game/just grew into it.

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2010, 09:12:36 am »
?????????

Go and spend a day on the official site boards.
This place will have its fair share of people you think are idiots but it has more than its fair share of intelligent content.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2010, 09:13:49 am »
Done

Yes
26-35
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2010, 09:16:10 am »
Yes
36-49
UK
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2010, 09:23:45 am »
38 - 40
UK
Started supporting in May 2005 after a number of years supporting Leeds  Blackburn  Manchester United  Arsenal

El o El ;)
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline colt

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • C'MON YOU REDS!!!
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2010, 09:25:10 am »
Yes
26-35
SA
"If you can believe it and conceive it,you can achieve it." - Some random Liverpool fan after winning the 08/09 League.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2010, 09:26:23 am »
Also the poll is amongst people who frequent one of the more enlightened football forums on the web, you would get very different results if this was appear on the echo forum or 606 for example.
Its like putting asking the readership of a particular newspapers opinion on the General Election and then taking that as an accurate assessment of the whole country.

Try it on The Liverpool Way

Offline Alucard

• Tnuoc
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2010, 09:27:05 am »
Done.

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2010, 09:31:44 am »

Good point. Perhaps we should share the survey with other LFC forums (official site, TIA?) to get a better overall representative. Not sure 606 would be a good idea - most of the people taking it won't actually be LFC fans and will just want to skew the results.

If anyone wants to share the survey link with another LFC forum, then please feel free to!

Basic results will be published here after peak Internet traffic time in the UK tonight (around 21GMT) to give more people chance to answer, and theoretically, increase the accuracy of the results. Further analysis to find trends may be done at a later date.

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2010, 09:33:44 am »
Simple but tricky survey if you scratch more than the surface.

Do I want Rafa manager for the forseeable future? Im not sure. At the moment I think he is the best man for the job, but I get frustrated at our anti football at times and tedious negativity.

Would I get rid of him now? No, I dont think we can get anyone better.

If I had a sensible choice- Mourinho maybe, but the bloke is a cock and would his brand of football be a million miles away from what we have now?

I also feel that Rafa is doing the job with one hand tied behind his back due to our financial constraints. He is a fcker for negative substitutions, but when we have given the team a bit more freedom we look extremely good. Just doesnt happen often enough
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:50 am »
  • Yes
  • 18-25

Remember becoming a football and Liverpool fan after I watched the Liverpool vs Newcastle '96. What a classic!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 09:58:02 am by Michael Osmann »
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2010, 09:40:47 am »
Taken only last week.... I'm a very young 36 year old..... Rafa all the way.

"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08