Author Topic: Lucas’ critical role for Liverpool  (Read 550787 times)

Offline usernamefc

• Kinky Winky Apiary Japery
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lucas’ critical role for Liverpool
« Reply #5600 on: November 27, 2011, 10:45:23 pm »
Lucas is all the proof you need for giving young players time.

Yes, he made silly fouls at times, and yes, he wasn't always the most adventurous of passers, but the ability was there. His passing was very rarely unsuccessful, he could clearly tackle. There were always signs, and he's shown what experience will do.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5601 on: November 27, 2011, 11:03:28 pm »
He is a world class player, always was and finally everybody recognizes this.

Him, Agger and Suarez are the back bone of our play at the moment, if one of them gets injured we are into some trouble this season, especially against the top teams.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline thx4thememeories

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5602 on: November 27, 2011, 11:09:14 pm »
Most complete defensive midfielder going around, world class it's ridicoulos that two people at my work still think he is shit.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5603 on: November 27, 2011, 11:09:45 pm »
I heard he's lazy in training. Obviously just hasn't got the right attitude to be a Liverpool player.

Fucking hell - isn't that exactly what Roy said last summer? It struck.me as bizzare at the time and made.me wonder if his faculties were fully up to speed.

Lucas has been boss for a few years now and I never saw masch put in as rounded and as commanding a performance as that. He's a a fucking monster now - city; you take your 150million sheik oil soaked midfield and stick them up your arse - we have the very best there is with this lad.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5604 on: November 27, 2011, 11:11:34 pm »
Fucking hell - isn't that exactly what Roy said last summer? It struck.me as bizzare at the time and made.me wonder if his faculties were fully up to speed.

Did he? When was this?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5605 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:31 pm »
Brilliant today I thought.  Especially  in the second half.  everything went through him

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5606 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:33 pm »
Simply amazing this guy. Don't know of any other player who was booed by his own stupid fans at such a young age,who then went on to become a player of such high quality.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #5607 on: November 27, 2011, 11:13:35 pm »
Did he? When was this?
Only person I can recall saying that was djphal. And I don't think djphal's source at the club was Roy ;D

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5608 on: November 27, 2011, 11:17:08 pm »
I can't remember seeing to many better DM displays then that. Absolutely owned the midfield against top quality opposition. Yaya Toure, Milner, Silva & Nasri.....he made them all his bitches.

He is one of the most subtly skillfull players in the world I reckon. Brilliant passing technique, fantastic in the tackle and shields the ball brilliantly. I reckon he's better than Mascherano now, has been for the best part of 12 months. He might not be as dynamic but the sheer amount of ball his winning at the moment is tremendous.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5609 on: November 27, 2011, 11:17:12 pm »
Did he? When was this?

Don't want to get old man Royston in any more trouble than he's in with us reds, but am sure I heard him (or perhaps someone else at the club) say or insinuate something along those lines.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5610 on: November 27, 2011, 11:17:24 pm »
Most complete defensive midfielder going around, world class it's ridicoulos that two people at my work still think he is shit.

You'd be amazed how many people still think that, some people have an opinion on a player and then just won't change it no matter what. He's just making those people look more and more ridiculous though.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5611 on: November 27, 2011, 11:19:10 pm »
Only person I can recall saying that was djphal. And I don't think djphal's source at the club was Roy ;D

Ah right thanks. I heard he's got links to a Nigerian prince...

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5612 on: November 27, 2011, 11:20:04 pm »
Don't want to get old man Royston in any more trouble than he's in with us reds, but am sure I heard him (or perhaps someone else at the club) say or insinuate something along those lines.

If they were rumours, you're right, best to leave them that way. I can't believe it's true anyway, having watched him these last 5 years. Madness to think we were looking to sell him last summer though.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5613 on: November 27, 2011, 11:22:07 pm »

I don't think it's directly attributable to anyone.
It was a rumour that was going around not long after Roy took over, at a time when there were (completely coincidentally) rumours the club were looking to sell him.

Offline Cooper-Man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5614 on: November 27, 2011, 11:22:19 pm »
Fucking BOSS. Cant say it any better.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #5615 on: November 27, 2011, 11:22:50 pm »
Lucas is boss. Made up he's ours, made up he's tied to a long term deal. And seems to be developing a nice little partnership with Adam too
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5616 on: November 27, 2011, 11:22:56 pm »
Unbelievable today, ran the game.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5617 on: November 27, 2011, 11:24:36 pm »
If they were rumours, you're right, best to leave them that way. I can't believe it's true anyway, having watched him these last 5 years. Madness to think we were looking to sell him last summer though.

Is total crazytown - and for 2/3rds of the daylight robbery rafa perpetrated on gremio.

If we were to sell now he would be for 25mil plus.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5618 on: November 27, 2011, 11:27:47 pm »
I don't think it's directly attributable to anyone.
It was a rumour that was going around not long after Roy took over, at a time when there were (completely coincidentally) rumours the club were looking to sell him.

If so it sounds like the talk of someone who hadn't a clue about football. Maybe someone who had expensive shoes and an ivy league education, but not the slightest fucking clue about football.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5619 on: November 27, 2011, 11:28:49 pm »

Aye John, but your stuff was mild. There must be half a dozen folk who've changed their user-names because of this lad. A couple have even changed their football teams.

;D

My initial reply was just a smilie yorky but I thought I'd edit it to tell a you about a guy that I've known for exactly 20 years and he's had a season ticket for at least that duration. We're not mates, I worked with him and the mutual connection was the love for the club. He was always rational and passionate about us. Our jobs separated a while ago but I was in his workplace often though January this year (2011) and immediately our daily chats about Liverpool resumed.

One day he said to me "the trouble with this club is Lucas, once we get rid of him we'll play better, its ridiculous that he ever gets a game". Of course by then I'd witnessed and appreciated his development even if I still wasn't his biggest fan, so I had to disagree, I tried to explain how he'd found his own position but the guy just wouldn't listen.
ST holder for more than 20 years - and this is why I've resented old and recently young posters that dismiss peoples opinion on here and who just say to people "go the game yous". It means fuck all because it all about opinions.

btw - he deffo needs to start scoring.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:43:49 pm by John C »

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #5620 on: November 27, 2011, 11:29:38 pm »
That was the most complete performance by one of our CM's in a long, long time. Absolutely immense for 90 minutes, it's a fucking travesty he didn't end up on the winning side today.

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
Lucas’ critical role for Liverpool
« Reply #5621 on: November 27, 2011, 11:54:23 pm »
Absolutely breathtaking performance today. I don't think I've applauded and smiled for a midfielder's tackles, vision, and strength as much since the day Sissoko welcomed Chelsea to Anfield.

Lucas is BOSS.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #5622 on: November 27, 2011, 11:55:02 pm »
It's a pleasure to watch this lad playing. Fucking brilliant performance.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5623 on: November 27, 2011, 11:57:13 pm »
I'll admit to having given him abuse a lot in the the past. Fair play to him though he is a top player now
I find that startling mate, I can't comprehend how, why or where actual abuse would be delivered. Going back 3 years my issue wasn't with a young supposedly attacking player we'd scooped, my issue was with posters proclaiming average games as "superb or "excellent" when they weren't. But I'm not going to say anymore because the thread needn't be derailed and the past is history when this lad has genuinely turned in to a Liverpool player. Unlike a certain player in the squad I'd be proud to talk about Lucas's development at the club. And there's no irony in my post.

Keep it up Lucas.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #5624 on: November 27, 2011, 11:58:38 pm »
Utterly brilliant today. Motm by some distance.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5625 on: November 28, 2011, 12:05:34 am »
;D

My initial reply was just a smilie yorky but I thought I'd edit it to tell a you about a guy that I've known for exactly 20 years and he's had a season ticket for at least that duration. We're not mates, I worked with him and the mutual connection was the love for the club. He was always rational and passionate about us. Our jobs separated a while ago but I was in his workplace often though January this year (2011) and immediately our daily chats about Liverpool resumed.

One day he said to me "the trouble with this club is Lucas, once we get rid of him we'll play better, its ridiculous that he ever gets a game". Of course by then I'd witnessed and appreciated his development even if I still wasn't his biggest fan, so I had to disagree, I tried to explain how he'd found his own position but the guy just wouldn't listen.
ST holder for more than 20 years - and this is why I've resented old and recently young posters that dismiss peoples opinion on here and who just say to people "go the game yous". It means fuck all because it all about opinions.

btw - he deffo needs to start scoring.

And he will.

I know the type though. They do still exist. I've told the story before on here about some of the lads in my football team. Eighteen months ago I asked some of them what they thought of Lucas as a player. Many of them are from North and West Africa and although none are Liverpool supporters they all - very gratifyingly - said that they thought Lucas was one of the best midfielders in the Premier League.  They didn't say it to please me because all of them could support their answer with intelligent reasons. I turn to an English lad though - and a  Liverpool fan - and all I get is how useless Lucas is. Square passes, too soft, can't tackle, too slow, can't head, etc etc. It sort of figured in a way because the bloke in question is all aggression and no technique (ie a menace to his own team). But it was disheartening because you like to think Reds are better educated than that. 

Anyway, you have to be realistic. Some Liverpool supporters will never fully understand Lucas for the same reason they'll never fully understand football. It's a pity. It means their lives are emptier. But what can you do?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline garcia-alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #5626 on: November 28, 2011, 12:09:02 am »
What gets me about him is that whenever he gets some kind of award, like MOTM today or Player of the Season last season, he looks like he thinks someone's taking the piss!
When Charlie Adam gave him the champagne  I was expecting him to at least smile, but he just looked a bit embarrassed, as though he doesn't quite believe it himself.
In the midst of the giant egos it's lovely to see someone who is so good and yet seems to be such an unassuming and humble young man.
Tremendous performance today.

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #5627 on: November 28, 2011, 12:09:19 am »
Totally dominated the engine of midfield today and broke down City's game play all over the pitch too.  No one can deny that back all them years ago when fools booed one of our own in the game against Fulham he has stood up and answered the critics and literally had the last laugh.  Quietly but with overt expertise he gets on with his football week in week out and long may it continue.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Offline liverpoolsox

• Kopite
  • Camarero
« Reply #5628 on: November 28, 2011, 12:11:37 am »
Got to be one of the best Tacklers in the premiership now absolutely in love with the lad. After all the shit our fans put him through he's kept his cool worked hard and now he's the first name on the team sheet. I'm made up for the lad now he's finally getting some of the recognition he deserves
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5629 on: November 28, 2011, 12:12:38 am »
he was everywhere tonight.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5630 on: November 28, 2011, 12:13:49 am »
It means their lives are emptier. But what can you do?
Add Kuyt to your Twitter account?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #5631 on: November 28, 2011, 12:13:52 am »
That must of been the first ever official MOTD/Sky man of the match the kids ever had?  :-\
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Shankz

• Main Stander
« Reply #5632 on: November 28, 2011, 12:14:07 am »
I. Love. Lucas.
Good grief he was brilliant today. Fucking beast!
King

Offline Kevin DalgRush

• Main Stander
« Reply #5633 on: November 28, 2011, 12:14:10 am »
Whoa! Brilliant once again.

Overall might prove to be Rafa's most valuable signing masterstroke, 'cause his attitude and loyalty lifts him above some others

And the idea of him to be sold last year, for Fowler's sake :P
"Kenny Dalglish is probably the most modest man who has ever been handed the nickname 'King' but King Kenny he will always be."

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #5634 on: November 28, 2011, 12:14:18 am »
What a player today. Brilliant to see Sky give him the credit he deserves

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5635 on: November 28, 2011, 12:16:40 am »
I'm in love with him.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5636 on: November 28, 2011, 12:19:10 am »
Add Kuyt to your Twitter account?

Funnily enough the bloke I was talking about loves Kuyt.

Naturally.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5637 on: November 28, 2011, 12:20:23 am »

In case your cockles aren't warmed enough. Makes me think of a koala bear and its cub.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline garcia-alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #5638 on: November 28, 2011, 12:20:47 am »
What a player today. Brilliant to see Sky give him the credit he deserves
I suspect it's because the inbred manc recognises a good player when he sees one. Kills me but he's a very good pundit.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #5639 on: November 28, 2011, 12:22:23 am »
Got to be one of the best Tacklers in the premiership now absolutely in love with the lad.

Statistically he was the best tackler in Europe last season (England/Spain/Italy/France/Germany).