Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 336644 times)

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2015, 05:38:23 pm »
Great contribution from him today. Fiery and good movement.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2015, 05:39:46 pm »
Works his nuts off. Probably explains why he looks 32.

But he really does have deceivingly good pace.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2015, 05:43:36 pm »
Great contribution from him today. Fiery and good movement.

Tidy with the ball too, certainly not a hinderance

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2015, 05:44:35 pm »
He's been excellent since arriving. Where are the Ings/Borini comparisons now?

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2015, 05:48:14 pm »
His first touch has really surprised me, I wasn't expecting it to be so good.

Tidy on the ball, industrious, seems to link well with Danny, he's a little like Tevez, all be it less talented all round. Good signing on a free.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2015, 05:51:52 pm »
His first touch has really surprised me, I wasn't expecting it to be so good.

Tidy on the ball, industrious, seems to link well with Danny, he's a little like Tevez, all be it less talented all round. Good signing on a free.

It won't be free at all but if he keeps this up, he'll be worth whatever we end up paying.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2015, 06:00:14 pm »
I was furious when we signed him, but pleasantly surprised so far. Good grafter, good first touch and seems a good finisher.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2015, 06:04:52 pm »
He's got exactly what we need in a striker.

Good first touch, technique, pace, intelligence, fantastic work rate and a cool finisher.

One of our good signings over the summer!

Hopefully he can get a good run in the team.

:thumbup

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: September 26, 2015, 06:10:49 pm »
Ings was imperious again today, tracks back like a demon, hunts like a lion.
Motm for me despite Sturridge's brace.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #249 on: September 26, 2015, 06:12:17 pm »
Ings runs himself into the ground but unlike Borini (for example) there is end product and a purpose. Borini was a headless chicken who ran around for the sake of running around.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #250 on: September 26, 2015, 06:19:17 pm »
Brilliant again today, he's proving an inspired signing for the club.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2015, 06:28:31 pm »
He's been great so far this season and seems to have a real will to do his best for the team.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2015, 06:45:30 pm »
Love that he works so hard. Fully deserves the praise hes getting.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Lippy The Lion

• Kopite
« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2015, 07:20:42 pm »
Deserves to keep his place in the starting XI for big games

Lovely flick lay off for Sturridge.

'To do is to be' - Sartre

'To be is to do' - Descartes

'Do be do be do' - Sinatra

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2015, 07:26:12 pm »
Perfect partner for Sturridge and his work rate makes it a lot easier to get away with playing 2 up front
Should keep Benteke out the team for a while if he keeps playing like this

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 26, 2015, 07:30:08 pm »
His work rate is incredible probably should have scored at some point today, hopefully he'll get some next game.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 26, 2015, 07:31:04 pm »
He's doing well.

If he keeps impressing, he should keep Benteke out of the team.

Nice to have some real competition upfront.

If Ings does start over Benteke, then we have the perfect plan B option off the bench if things aren't going to plan.

I love seeing his work rate and passion.  One point today when he tracked back 60 yards and won the ball.  Also showed some nice link up with Sturridge.  His control of one of the balls in the first half was brilliant as well.

Keep it up Dings.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2015, 07:31:51 pm »
Fast becoming the signing of the season for us. Work rate, great touch, developing a great understanding with Sturridge.

Wasn't sure of him when he signed, but he's shown enough to make up my mind that he will succeed here!

Well in Danny!

If this carries on, Benteke is going to have a hard time breaking back into the squad.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2015, 07:32:46 pm »
The English Dirk Kuyt ;)

Love to see a player track back and work his bollocks off for the team though; if he can add the odd goal every few games then he should definitely be starting games at the minute.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2015, 07:35:09 pm »
Love him, works tirelessly and his touch is fantastic. Suprised he's got so much criticism for his first touch, he seems to create good chances from it pretty often controlling some difficult passes

Deserved a goal today, looks great alongside Sturridge aswell

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2015, 07:40:31 pm »
The English Dirk Kuyt ;)

Love to see a player track back and work his bollocks off for the team though; if he can add the odd goal every few games then he should definitely be starting games at the minute.

Love Dirk total hero but Ings has a great chance to be a better player - better touch and a lot more pace

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2015, 07:50:27 pm »
Best third choice striker for like, ever!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2015, 07:51:18 pm »
Love how mad he gets when he doesn't put away a chance. Seen him punch the ground a couple of times now. Hopefully won't see it too much but  it probably makes me more happy than it should when a player shows they care. This lad cares.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 26, 2015, 07:51:38 pm »
The passion this guy has reminds me of Suarez I fell like getting up and having a kick about after watching him.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2015, 10:10:14 pm »
Bargain. Can't believe there were people bemoaning this transfer, seemingly because he was coming from Burnley and not Barcelona B. He's a scrapper and a fighter and we badly need one. A cult hero in the making.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2015, 10:14:42 pm »
Did he have any chances to score? Was following the game on bbc text and they made out like he missed a sitter or two.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2015, 10:56:08 pm »
He runs like Henderson.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2015, 10:57:15 pm »
He runs like Henderson.

he ran his proverbials off today for the sake of the team , good signing i reckon.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2015, 11:04:05 pm »
he ran his proverbials off today for the sake of the team , good signing i reckon.

I know, but seriously - that 'gait' that Whiskey Nose said Hendo had, well it's that kind of run that is half-way in between a sprinters start and plateau. If you watch how an olympic sprinter starts off, they go through about 5 or 6 different phases - I think what old Bacon Face was trying to say was that, they don't 'get their head up'.

Suarez at times started his runs out like this, but got his head up and balance very quickly. Danny Ings has similar movement to Suarez (not as good, of course), but I think the main difference is that Suarez had that one or two more gears. But what was weird today was that, you could sometimes see flashes of 13/14 - and I think the reason for that, was the movement from Ings and Milner at times - I don't know what it was, but I really hope Danny Ings and Sturridge get more starts - then using Benteke when the defenders are fucked from closing down.

He's playing that fulcrum function very well I think.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: September 26, 2015, 11:07:16 pm »
Did he have any chances to score? Was following the game on bbc text and they made out like he missed a sitter or two.
Although Sturridge scored two, both ar' Dan's had little service really. Until Sturridge scored his first people could perceive he had a quiet game - it was relatively because the service was inadequate. Pass, pass, pass, shift wide with few slide balls in to the box to run on to.

Offline Fazakerley Red

• No longer angry :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fazakerley Red
« Reply #270 on: September 26, 2015, 11:08:08 pm »
danny ings great again :)

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: September 26, 2015, 11:13:48 pm »
Didn't think he had the quality for where we want to be, and would just be a buy and flip player. His Englishness, age and proven he could score in this league making him a big target for a lot of clubs with ambitions based on staying up and not a lot else. Easy double our money.
However he has proven me wrong. He could be a very handy player for us indeed. Determination, work rate and some decent skills, combined with the fact he's going to score a decent amount means he could be here a long time.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 26, 2015, 11:39:37 pm »
Great to see people admitting they were wrong about him and reassessing their opinion on him, I genuinely knew we'd signed a first class player, saw enough of him at Burnley last season, first class desire, work rate and attitude too, the antithesis of Balotelli.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2015, 02:03:12 am »
Alot of casual fans could see it in the summer, so it makes it a little worse that our manager couldn't. For me its not surprising Ings has hit it off so well here, at Burnley he looked to have the profile of a player with the right technical ability, workrate and know how and finishing in the box to make it here. I always maintained that despite the sometimes stimga of English players in comparison to their Continental counterparts, he was and is a level above Borini technically, and at 6 m, at 22 and considering what the likes of Berahino Kane Austin and Mane were being quoted for, Ings for that price was some of the best business this summer. Alongside Gomez and Clyne, it was a smart deal that simply made sense on all levels, price age and ability, but also the sense of how he would fit into what i regards as an 'ideal Rodgers side', a player who could press from the front, dribble and who is attentive and alert in the box with a smart finish to boot.

However despite the Ings deal being a great one, i also felt that it shone a light on another deal that was perhaps not so great and far more costly in terms of price and the impact on the team if said player was to fail. The question wasn't necessarily the players ability, because Benteke is a good player with a potential to maybe be a great one, great in the air, strong as an ox and a good finisher. However the opposition to the deal came from the fact that it was my belief that despite Bentekes ability which he has shown in snippets in his short time here, it made more sense to go for a player with the template of Ings, but of a much better quality, afterall for me that is essentially what Suarez is, albeit with much more copious amount of South American genius. It was almost as if to me, Rodgers was stabbing his own self in the back, because for me the best Rodgers teams haven't been like the Chelsea 04 team, which he may have been trying to recreate, for one due to his own coaching tendancies i doubt Rodgers could ever have a team like that. But what he has coached, is a Swansea team with continental foundations in Ajax and Barcelona, and a counter attacking fast paced menacing Liverpool side reminiscent of 90's United teams inspired by Cantona in his arrogant pomp.

One could argue that despite him not being of that value, spending 32 m on Ings would have made more sense than spending it on Benteke in theory, just for the fact of the template of a striker he is, and how i feel he fits into the type of players and attackers Rodgers has got the best of in his time as a manager, think Borini, Suarez, Dyer, Sturridge, Sterling... Yet for another summer, we went against that when spending money on our biggest signing, that itself doesn't speak well of our transfer policy over the last couple years, because for all the good work we done this summer, the big one, the one signing that is supposed to catapult us to the next level, may have been the wrong choice again.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #274 on: September 27, 2015, 02:21:03 am »
Alot of casual fans could see it in the summer, so it makes it a little worse that our manager couldn't. For me its not surprising Ings has hit it off so well here, at Burnley he looked to have the profile of a player with the right technical ability, workrate and know how and finishing in the box to make it here. I always maintained that despite the sometimes stimga of English players in comparison to their Continental counterparts, he was and is a level above Borini technically, and at 6 m, at 22 and considering what the likes of Berahino Kane Austin and Mane were being quoted for, Ings for that price was some of the best business this summer. Alongside Gomez and Clyne, it was a smart deal that simply made sense on all levels, price age and ability, but also the sense of how he would fit into what i regards as an 'ideal Rodgers side', a player who could press from the front, dribble and who is attentive and alert in the box with a smart finish to boot.

However despite the Ings deal being a great one, i also felt that it shone a light on another deal that was perhaps not so great and far more costly in terms of price and the impact on the team if said player was to fail. The question wasn't necessarily the players ability, because Benteke is a good player with a potential to maybe be a great one, great in the air, strong as an ox and a good finisher. However the opposition to the deal came from the fact that it was my belief that despite Bentekes ability which he has shown in snippets in his short time here, it made more sense to go for a player with the template of Ings, but of a much better quality, afterall for me that is essentially what Suarez is, albeit with much more copious amount of South American genius. It was almost as if to me, Rodgers was stabbing his own self in the back, because for me the best Rodgers teams haven't been like the Chelsea 04 team, which he may have been trying to recreate, for one due to his own coaching tendancies i doubt Rodgers could ever have a team like that. But what he has coached, is a Swansea team with continental foundations in Ajax and Barcelona, and a counter attacking fast paced menacing Liverpool side reminiscent of 90's United teams inspired by Cantona in his arrogant pomp.

One could argue that despite him not being of that value, spending 32 m on Ings would have made more sense than spending it on Benteke in theory, just for the fact of the template of a striker he is, and how i feel he fits into the type of players and attackers Rodgers has got the best of in his time as a manager, think Borini, Suarez, Dyer, Sturridge, Sterling... Yet for another summer, we went against that when spending money on our biggest signing, that itself doesn't speak well of our transfer policy over the last couple years, because for all the good work we done this summer, the big one, the one signing that is supposed to catapult us to the next level, may have been the wrong choice again.

Very true mate.

Benteke is a good player, but I can't help but think, if we had spent that 50M euros on Higuain in the summer. He'd have been an amazing partner to Daniel (Closest thing to Suarez, after missing out on Sanchez) with a Higuain lite in Ings as 3rd choice.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #275 on: September 27, 2015, 03:00:00 am »
It looks like it's going to be a dilemma for Brendan when Benteke is fit again.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: September 27, 2015, 03:02:23 am »
Very true mate.

Benteke is a good player, but I can't help but think, if we had spent that 50M euros on Higuain in the summer. He'd have been an amazing partner to Daniel (Closest thing to Suarez, after missing out on Sanchez) with a Higuain lite in Ings as 3rd choice.

Higuain isn't anything like Suarez for me

Benteke will be a good signing

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 27, 2015, 03:07:59 am »
It looks like it's going to be a dilemma for Brendan when Benteke is fit again.

Shouldn't be any dilemma. Ings has earnt his place in the side and he should continue to play. I also think he might be one of those that benefits from the personalised sessions that Pep Linjders might be running at the club given some of his play is still quite raw. His touch or speed come as no surprise to me at all. I think what I saw of him at Burnley was convincing in that his touch was a class above that of Borini. But with a bit more polish, he can go on to play a role at this club for a long time. He's a really excellent purchase.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 27, 2015, 03:14:49 am »
Higuain is very average.

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2015, 03:15:25 am »
For me. As things stand Benteke should be the third striker unless form dictates otherwise. The pricetag doesn't matter.

Ings is obviously fighting hard for his place in the team and is surprising everyone with not only with his performances, bit his actual ability and movement.

He's constantly buzzing around looking to get involved and will grab us at least 10-15 goals this season I feel ( if he starts enough games )