Author Topic: Givanildo Vieira de Souza (HULK)  (Read 19263 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Givanildo Vieira de Souza (HULK)
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2012, 01:04:14 am »
This is the sort of signing that confirms the opinion when people are whinging their tits off that unless we get in the Champions League nobody decent will ever sign for us. They'll fucking move anywhere to London if there's enough in the bank at the end of the week.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2012, 01:10:30 am »
This is the sort of signing that confirms the opinion when people are whinging their tits off that unless we get in the Champions League nobody decent will ever sign for us. They'll fucking move anywhere if there's enough in the bank at the end of the week.

yeah but we are not in the cl AND we cant put enough in peoples bank. getting in the cl lets us put money in the said persons bank account.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2012, 02:40:52 am »

True.

yeah but we are not in the cl AND we cant put enough in peoples bank. getting in the cl lets us put money in the said persons bank account.

I know mate, but people saying that top players will only sign for CL footy are deluded. It's cited as the reason time and time again why X player will only go to a team that is in the Champions League and it's clearly not true for every player. Some will sign purely for the money as this shows, if of course he does sign, because he'll actually be giving CL footy up for the sake of his bank balance. I completely understand that we need to be in it in the long term to be able to compete on a financial footing with other clubs. But to be perfectly honest, I want to be in it because it shows that we're getting back to the top, not so that it'll make it easier to sign the odd mercenary footballer.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2012, 09:49:38 am »
Maybe true, macca, but we can't offer the wages that Chelsea do either. So basically, we can't offer Champions League football or high wages and that's why people are worried.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2012, 09:53:47 am »
Maybe true, macca, but we can't offer the wages that Chelsea do either. So basically, we can't offer Champions League football or high wages and that's why people are worried.

i think we can offer big wages otherwise how come our wage bill is 4th in the league
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2012, 09:59:19 am »
Don't fucking compare our situation to Chelseas.

Chelsea are in a champions league final remember?
cyas

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2012, 10:28:13 am »
i think we can offer big wages otherwise how come our wage bill is 4th in the league

Hangover from the previous regime. Something which, if we are to believe everything we hear, we are actively looking to reduce.

The signings of younger players on lower wages in the previous transfer window would also seem to indicate this.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2012, 11:19:21 am »
Don't fucking compare our situation to Chelseas.

Chelsea are in a champions league final remember?

And if they lose, which I fully expect them to, they won't fucking be in it next year. So next season they'll be in the Europa League, no different to us.

And you're right, I shouldn't compare them to us. They're a gang of classless plastic twats with a bunch of horrible c*nts playing for them who can only get people to play for them because of all the money they throw at them rather than having them buy in to the rich heritage and traditions of a decent club.
Macca resplendent!

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2012, 12:20:39 pm »
And if they lose, which I fully expect them to, they won't fucking be in it next year. So next season they'll be in the Europa League, no different to us.

And you're right, I shouldn't compare them to us. They're a gang of classless plastic twats with a bunch of horrible c*nts playing for them who can only get people to play for them because of all the money they throw at them rather than having them buy in to the rich heritage and traditions of a decent club.

;D

But Macca, They can offer him the wages which I don't think we can. Also, This is the first time in around ten odd years they aren't in champions league. We on the other hand haven't been in champions league for almost three odd seasons.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2012, 01:09:49 pm »
And if they lose, which I fully expect them to, they won't fucking be in it next year.
And?

When Pepe Reina signed for us, he didn't know if we were going to be in the champions league next season or not.

Chelsea have a pretty good bargaining chip which we don't. So its absurd to compare us like for like.

::)

Chelsea are a much more attractive propostion for a footballer than LFC at the momment. Thats just a fact of life given the fact they've won a league title recently, are in a european cup final,  and aren't in 8th place in the league.

Don't get yourself caught up that players come for the history, or the traditions. They come to win trophies.
cyas

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2012, 01:19:17 pm »

Whoops just posted about Hulk in the other Chelsea thread. Wonder how much Chelsea are paying? Be amazed if they get him for less than £30m.

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2012, 04:58:15 pm »
And?

When Pepe Reina signed for us, he didn't know if we were going to be in the champions league next season or not.

Chelsea have a pretty good bargaining chip which we don't. So its absurd to compare us like for like.
 ::)

Chelsea are a much more attractive propostion for a footballer than LFC at the momment. Thats just a fact of life given the fact they've won a league title recently, are in a european cup final,  and aren't in 8th place in the league.

Don't get yourself caught up that players come for the history, or the traditions. They come to win trophies.

What's this pretty good bargaining chip you talk about? The transfer window doesn't officially open until 1st June, and a few more days will determine whether they have a bargaining chip or not. Players don't come for history or traditions, and yet you cite winning a league title three years ago is currently a good enough reason to join them? Blackburn won a league title and were relegated two seasons later. They've just finished 6th in the league, won an FA Cup on the thickness of a goal line, and in the last two years have won the same number of trophies as us. They're a more attractive proposition than us because of Abramovich's pound notes and not based on what they can offer a footballer. They have a team of geriatrics and will need wholesale changes to make them competitive as they have been in recent years. If you genuinely believe it's for any other reason, especially football reasons, you're deluded. You talk them up well though, I'll give you that.
Macca resplendent!

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2012, 05:04:33 pm »
Sometimes its the long run that is interesting and sometimes we have to gamble I think.

Offer higher wages and for example if Cole, Aqua, Maxi, Kuyt and Carra are all not on it anymore the wage bill wouldnt be any higher and in Carras example we have Skrtel, Agger, Coates and Kelly for the future who wont earn that much anyway...

And one can argue IF we had bought someone like him or a decent winger who may earn more than Downing for example but guarantees us CL football than we gain more thanks to this player than he would cost us...

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2012, 05:20:35 pm »
Whoops just posted about Hulk in the other Chelsea thread. Wonder how much Chelsea are paying? Be amazed if they get him for less than £30m.

Porto will probably sell him for above £30m... and Benfica's Gaitan will also leave Portugal this season for a ridiculous amount. Those 2 are almost certain to leave.

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2012, 05:30:18 pm »
Chelsea tactic of buying Brazilian continues, well its better than buying british

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2012, 05:30:33 pm »
Exactly the type of player we need.

Highly unlikely we won't get him.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2012, 06:35:34 pm »
A smashing player.

I'll get me coat.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2012, 06:43:00 pm »
What's this pretty good bargaining chip you talk about? The transfer window doesn't officially open until 1st June, and a few more days will determine whether they have a bargaining chip or not.
So?

You make sign players anytime you want. You just have to wait until June to register them.
yet you cite winning a league title three years ago is currently a good enough reason to join them?
No.

I cite it as a reason over joining us.

Some people need to wake up. LFC are a team greatly admired throughout europe, and rightly so, for our proud tradition and history.

But we haven't come close to a major honour before Chelsea beat us in the final since 09, and haven't won one since 2006. The top players are not going to come and play for us on the basis of the famous spyin kop alone, they need to match their ambition.
They've just finished 6th in the league, won an FA Cup on the thickness of a goal line, and in the last two years have won the same number of trophies as us.
They've had a much better season than us, I don't know how you can argue against that. And as a result, that makes them a more attractive proposition to a footballer.
They're a more attractive proposition than us because of Abramovich's pound notes and not based on what they can offer a footballer.
Yes. The fact they've out performed us in 6 out of 7 seasons since 2005 shows they are going nowhere, and we are going somewhere.

Get a grip. LFC right now is a mess. Our name only gets us so far.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:46:56 pm by Giovanni »
cyas

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2012, 06:43:48 pm »
Exactly the type of player we need.

Highly unlikely we won't get him.

Source? Would be a great signing for us so I hope you're not talking bullshit ;)

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2012, 07:45:08 pm »

Source? Would be a great signing for us so I hope you're not talking bullshit ;)

I don't have a source and haven't said we have been linked with him.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »
Who's signed him then, I hope it's Di Mateo (and he loses the CL) actually no, I hope it's Abramovic again.

Offline kates bush

• Anny Roader
  • "Get it?" "Got it." "Good!""
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2012, 07:52:53 pm »
I don't have a source and haven't said we have been linked with him.

Yeah, but you did say it was highly unlikely that we wouldn't be getting him.  ;D
"Hoss Bender, dead at the age of WHO THE F#CK CARES?"

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2012, 11:07:54 pm »
So?

You make sign players anytime you want. You just have to wait until June to register them.No.

I cite it as a reason over joining us.

Some people need to wake up. LFC are a team greatly admired throughout europe, and rightly so, for our proud tradition and history.

But we haven't come close to a major honour before Chelsea beat us in the final since 09, and haven't won one since 2006. The top players are not going to come and play for us on the basis of the famous spyin kop alone, they need to match their ambition. They've had a much better season than us, I don't know how you can argue against that. And as a result, that makes them a more attractive proposition to a footballer.Yes. The fact they've out performed us in 6 out of 7 seasons since 2005 shows they are going nowhere, and we are going somewhere.

Get a grip. LFC right now is a mess. Our name only gets us so far.

There are 32 European clubs who are in the Champions League. My argument is that players don't need a guarantee of it to sign for a team, like so many others have claim. Obviously all these players would happily sign for Arsenal, what with them actually being guaranteed Champions League football? No they wouldn't and you know it because they won't offer the same wages as a team that finished three places lower down the league than them. You have seemingly agreed with that point even if you don't understand that you have agreed with it, and in the process you've managed to attack Liverpool a number of times while praising Chelsea to the hilt. As most Liverpool supporters would. Especially the ones who sit on the famous Kremlin Road or famous Enfield Road. Not sure about the ones on the Spyin Kop though.
Macca resplendent!

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2012, 10:38:21 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18211253

Hulk in talks over move from Porto to Chelsea

Porto and Brazil forward Hulk is in discussions with Chelsea regarding a move to the European champions.
The 25-year-old can also play on the wing and will be seen as a direct replacement for veteran striker Didier Drogba, who is leaving Stamford Bridge.
Hulk scored 21 goals in 38 appearances this season to help Porto to their second successive league title.
The player is currently with the Brazil squad in Germany ahead of Saturday's friendly against Denmark in Hamburg.

His agent Teodoro Fonseca told Brazilian media this week: "There hasn't been an official proposal so far. There has been a lot of interest in him, but it has yet to go further than that.
"All that should change next week. Besides Chelsea, there are four more English clubs interested in him.
"Porto will not let him go easily. His release clause is 100m euros [£80m], but ultimately it is the player's wish to take on another challenge that will make the difference.
"Those are the words of Porto's directors. They have said as much, and will not stand in his way, so though it will not be easy for those English clubs financially, there is room for negotiation. We can sort everything out, I am sure."

Chelsea, City... United, Arsenal... Tottenham? Us?

Basically says that although the release clause is £80m he'll go for much less...

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2012, 10:40:37 am »

Wouldn't realistically come to us and out of our price range.

Shame, he'll be a really good signing if he goes to Chelsea.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2012, 11:03:00 am »
He'll go for around £38m to Chelsea, I'm guessing.

Offline brad147690

• get shirty
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2012, 11:35:01 am »
I don't think he is that good really. Just got a powerful shot.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2012, 11:37:33 am »

I dont think he's worth the money Chelsea will be paying for him that's for sure.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2012, 12:02:56 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if he did very well but 38m for a player base on 2 decent(not great) scoring seasons baffles me. Then again, not really one to talk are we
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:08:51 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2012, 12:05:53 pm »

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2012, 12:06:31 pm »
Sorry for the shit op everyone. I agree that he isn't worth the money that has been rumoured but he is still a quality player.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2012, 12:31:27 pm »
He's a very good player, but £38 Million is way over the top.

Offline seyoufboy

• Main Stander
  • Ahlawy
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2012, 12:34:25 pm »
He's a very good player, but £38 Million is way over the top.
Carroll

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2012, 01:38:43 pm »
Carroll

was grossly overpriced too. What's your point?

Offline brad147690

• get shirty
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2012, 02:19:09 pm »
Hulk was supposedly going to move to Anzhi for 80 million in January though.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2012, 02:20:14 pm »
Hope he does go to Chelsea. Would rather they got him than Falcao or Cavani.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2012, 02:41:22 pm »
Just scored a peach against Denmark from a good 25-30 yards.

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2012, 02:42:14 pm »
Great strike, laughable keeping though.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline IAmZlatan

• Anny Roader
  • Honorary Blackbelt
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2012, 02:44:37 pm »
was grossly overpriced too. What's your point?

Hulk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carroll. If ever there was a player worth 38 million it was hulk
“I like fireworks too, but I set them off in gardens or kebab stands. I never set fire to my own house.”

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2012, 02:52:50 pm »
How depressing that we around here don´t even consider being in for him. Even more depressing that it´s just the way it is.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10