Author Topic: **Mods - please lock** - the original campaign thread  (Read 157880 times)

royhendo

**Mods - please lock** - the original campaign thread
« on: May 4, 2010, 12:10:48 pm »
***IMPORTANT UPDATE - SOS MET US LAST NIGHT - WE ARE NOW 'LIVE'***

SOS have now met with us and we've established our ground rules, and the way we'll interact with SOS going forward.

In attendance: Shanklyboy, Paul Gardner, and SOS's designer.

The main points are as follows.

SOS-associated info/content

We've started our regular contact - the key points to note:

- Don't use SOS logos and text directly - if ideas/concepts are good enough, refer them to SOS for possible use in their campaign work.
- SOS to ensure union-related text, branding and messages are managed consistently (focussing on specific messages).
- SOS to communicate with people from the thread individually on emerging strong ideas.
- Already decided that some of the ideas from the thread will be used in future SOS communications.
- SOS to stay in regular contact re planning and strategy to ensure we're aligned.

Stuff we'll do that's not SOS-related

We can make a start on this stuff now.

- Educating fans on ownership facts (forums, pubs, matchgoers, and so forth)
- Supplying a steady stream of ideas and content to support this (fact sheets, leaflets, posters, flyers, virals, videos, and so forth)

Responsibility for 'Facts'

- For unchecked facts, don't associate them to SOS. It's OK for us to get things wrong and look a bit stupid, so long as it's clear we're not speaking for SOS
- We need to monitor the accuracy of 'facts' used re levels of debt and so forth on an ongoing basis on the thread.

Let's get started NOW!

We now have autonomy and we're clear on what the interface with SOS will be.

Actions to take now:

- Start work on fan 'education'
- Start analysis on media 'education'
- Keep the ideas coming
- Refine what's we've done so far (for example, prune the Facebook pages for items with SOS-related logos etc)

We're an autonomous campaign. We can now start 'doing things' with the content we've created (as well as, hopefully, keeping the stream of ideas coming). Ideally, check with the thread for feedback before you go off and do a 'rubber dinghy rapids' job, but it's time to start taking action with the stuff we've created.

-----

Some of the best examples so far from the thread.

MacPhisto's masterpiece.

ElSheak's first effort and refinement.

Some more from ElSheak.

And from Walshy's Mullet.

A flash of creative inspiration from Rossipersempre.

Not to forget Art Vandelay.

Or his fellow genius Kitster.

Giant versions here..

http://kitster29.deviantart.com/art/liars-out-163015973

http://kitster29.deviantart.com/art/leeches-out-163016222

And last but not least, my personal favourite, from Shanklyboy.

Some great stuff from Dr Cornwallis.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XcnI-hVo6X4&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XcnI-hVo6X4&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDOTYUC1SgM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eDOTYUC1SgM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Rigga
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qRz9JZn_H0A&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qRz9JZn_H0A&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1</a>

El Rey.

Koplass.

Technocow.

One from me.

All this in the space of three days. Browse the thread and you'll see loads more, and get plenty ideas of your own.

---

(Before starting, this is directed at myself as much as anyone else - time for a rethink methink.)

---

If you're feeling angry, instead of howling at the moon,  :no TYPING IN CAPITAL :no LETTERS AT YOUR :no FELLOW RAWKITES  :no , or emailing the Telegraph to tell Henry Winter he's just an extra from a documentary on the Waffen SS, why not think about ways to direct that anger at the people who we want rid of?

I'm sure the current owners and their senior management would like nothing more than a hassle-free summer to paper over the cracks while the club spirals into its inevitable decline. They'd be delighted to think we wasted a half hour arguing with someone over who got the biggest bang out of their net spend buck. I've been doing it on and on myself and maybe it's time to take a look in the mirror.

If you've the skills to persuade people on here, maybe you've got the skills to make life a little more difficult for the owners. We've done it before on the subjects we care about, but it was always clear who the target was. Just ask Cohen.

Let's remember who the target is here.

-----

Edit: If you've not joined the union, then join the union.
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/

-----

Edit - please note this post from Graham if you're setting your mind a-ticking... it'd be nice if we can dovetail in with SOS and we're getting some good ideas already. Stuff the transfer forum - let's think of ways to put polite but incessant pressure on the parasites.

If I can remind people of the Union's current priorities are concerned then ideas might be built around them.

Firstly, we continue the "Tom and George Not Welcome Here" campaign as we are still suspicious about their motives and until they are gone we retain this focus.

Secondly, new owners must be vetted and held to account - the former prior to coming on board.

Thirdly, a greater say within the Club for supporters.

This would be Union campaigns that we would welcome any assistance upon.

The media fight back isn't a major priority for us at the moment but I'm sure we'd consider assistance through publicity and the use of our website. That's a Committee/members decision.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:38:14 am by royhendo »

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Getting angry at the right people
« Reply #1 on: May 4, 2010, 12:13:29 pm »
(Before starting, this is directed at myself as much as anyone else - time for a rethink methink.)

---

If you're feeling angry, instead of howling at the moon,  :no TYPING IN CAPITAL :no LETTERS AT YOUR :no FELLOW RAWKITES  :no , or emailing the Telegraph to tell Henry Winter he's just an extra from a documentary on the Waffen SS, why not think about ways to direct that anger at the people who we want rid of?

I'm sure the current owners and their senior management would like nothing more than a hassle-free summer to paper over the cracks while the club spirals into its inevitable decline. They'd be delighted to think we wasted a half hour arguing with someone over who got the biggest bang out of their net spend buck. I've been doing it on and on myself and maybe it's time to take a look in the mirror.

If you've the skills to persuade people on here, maybe you've got the skills to make life a little more difficult for the owners. We've done it before on the subjects we care about, but it was always clear who the target was. Just ask Cohen.

Agree mate. Calling people everything under the sun because its not fair and you are upset isn't helping anyone, some of the posts i've read over the weekend have been disgraceful and how bans haven't been handed out illl never know considering some of the bans i've received for sod all.

Everyone needs to chill.

Put Beaucoup Fish on by Underworld and relax.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 4, 2010, 12:20:04 pm »
You proposing a summer campaign of some sort, roy? Got to be better than sitting here frustrated.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #3 on: May 4, 2010, 12:21:59 pm »
What can we do?

I have a lot of anger to be directed but I cant think of how the best way to go about it.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

royhendo

« Reply #4 on: May 4, 2010, 12:22:58 pm »
You proposing a summer campaign of some sort, roy? Got to be better than sitting here frustrated.

I'm up for it if you are mate. I've got the contact details for the boys at SoS and I'll be lining up and reporting for duty, sah!

Offline Lostdownsouth

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: May 4, 2010, 12:25:41 pm »
Maybe something like the letters to Benitez thread only to the Chairman?  Saying we want to keep our manager and the should stop allowing him to take the flak over the state of the club.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6 on: May 4, 2010, 12:25:53 pm »

---

Great post Roy,

The problem is the drip drip propaganda that is constantly on SSN, the Newspapers and every time you turn on the radio.

The media are running the agenda instead of the likes of SOS, that is our problem and what desperately needs looking at. We are being divided and conquered and we need to wake up to the fact before it is too late.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

royhendo

« Reply #7 on: May 4, 2010, 12:28:25 pm »
What can we do?

I have a lot of anger to be directed but I cant think of how the best way to go about it.

Those are exactly the right questions I reckon mate. Let it sit (it'll be uncomfortable) and one night you'll wake up at 3am and think "Christ I have that picture of Tom Hicks with those pedigree swine on my hard drive!", or something. Even if it's just idle propaganda, at least it's creative.

Some ideas/doodles...

Posters/Virals
I was thinking of a timeline that possibly conveyed the idea of 'bleeding the club dry'... it's rubbish but it's an idea

Timeline
I saw a good one on a Howies catalogue once (history of their company) and we could do something similar. Here's a rough sketch to show you how they did it.

Stats
We need the financial figures - the proper audited ones, to do this justice. For now, all we have is the league position year on year, with points, goals scored, goals against, goal difference, and distance off 1st in points...

<some boring stuff removed>

It's basic nonsense just now but it's all raw material - let's work on it.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2010, 08:23:12 pm by royhendo »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 4, 2010, 12:28:37 pm »

---

I always thought you did your best work outside the box Roy......nice one.

I'd get the Hendo boys onto it..........dinner,dinner,dinner,dinner!
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

royhendo

« Reply #9 on: May 4, 2010, 12:29:40 pm »
Put Beaucoup Fish on by Underworld and relax.

Quality shout - I'm digging that out tonight!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 4, 2010, 12:30:21 pm »
Too right. Let's get something rolling.

BTW - are we going after their business partners as per Cohen - make it clear to whoever who does business with them what shysters they are. How about that saudi princeling who's got into bed with Gillett? Perhaps Graham or Paul, if they're on here, might give us some input.

Okay, thread moved on in that brief interval. See where you're going.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2010, 12:32:52 pm by No666 »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11 on: May 4, 2010, 12:33:37 pm »
Why can't we just all  get along?

Whatever will be will be. One of the best things about the club is the SUPPORTERS.

It's not compulsary to moan to show you 'are a proper fan that isn't hiding from the truth and who isn't sticking his head in the sand..'

We are all proper fans in our own way.

Here comes the summer. Chill. Relax. Enjoy yourselves. Have a cadburys caramel.

:)

See you when August has reared its little wibbly head.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

royhendo

« Reply #12 on: May 4, 2010, 12:34:58 pm »
The problem is the drip drip propaganda that is constantly on SSN, the Newspapers and every time you turn on the radio.

The media are running the agenda instead of the likes of SOS, that is our problem and what desperately needs looking at. We are being divided and conquered and we need to wake up to the fact before it is too late.

That's an insight Al. How do we harness their agenda? The agenda's simple really - they want to sell advertising space, subscriptions, and boost circulation. So we give them stories, no? The tone has to be peaceful, not snarling, and the way we engage them has to be inclusive, even if we do have to wear a nose peg at close quarters with them, but if we're clever we can use them to our own ends.

Offline kjh1965

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13 on: May 4, 2010, 12:36:08 pm »
I know im only new here ,but I have noticed  people who post well thought out threads on here are starting to get a bit nasty towards their fellow brothers.Yes,times are a wee bit shity at the moment,but are WE making things worse for ourselves by posting negative stories and rumours time after time after time. If gives me a fucking headache.If we aim our anger at the two pieces of shit that got us into this mess,instead of each other,surely life in here will be a hell of a lot less stressful for everyone..Just a thought. (I know I dont express myself very well,so feel free to tell me to fuck off at anytime... ;)

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 4, 2010, 12:36:56 pm »
Why can't we just all  get along?

Whatever will be will be. One of the best things about the club is the SUPPORTERS.

It's not compulsary to moan to show you 'are a proper fan that isn't hiding from the truth and who isn't sticking his head in the sand..'

We are all proper fans in our own way.

Here comes the summer. Chill. Relax. Enjoy yourselves. Have a cadburys caramel.

:)

See you when August has reared its little wibbly head.

'Kin 'ell Andy, Cadbury's are now owned by Americans who are dragging that once world famous english institution through the mud, with everything being played out through the media.

GRRRR.
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 4, 2010, 12:39:37 pm »

---

Well said.

royhendo

« Reply #16 on: May 4, 2010, 12:46:35 pm »
This is the kind of thing we're up against.

We can top that surely? The same thing but the overall message being "a massive siphon has been plugged into the club's life blood, and you lot are ignoring it".

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 4, 2010, 12:51:31 pm »
This is the kind of thing we're up against.

We can top that surely? The same thing but the overall message being "a massive siphon has been plugged into the club's life blood, and you lot are ignoring it".

Theres plenty of designers in here, myself included that could beat that into a pulp Roy, all we need is the right content.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 4, 2010, 12:53:00 pm »
If we're collating correct financial information we should have someone with financial expertise onboard to ensure it is punctiliously accurate.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #19 on: May 4, 2010, 12:55:05 pm »
Fucking dailymail shitbags. Not even good enough to throw your chips on.

SOS i believe Roy are soon to announce something. It needs everyone to get together and stand.
This isn't about backing Rafa, it isn't to do with being anti Rafa, this is to fight against the club from the top down.
The owners, the thieves trying their damnedest to  hurt our club , and the parasites they have employed
to bleed this ngreat club dry.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Keens

• Kopite
  • Thanks for the memories Rafa!
« Reply #20 on: May 4, 2010, 12:58:18 pm »
I dont know how much longer I cant take of these americans!
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club....." - Kenny Dalglish

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2010, 01:01:16 pm »
That bleeding liverbird is brilliant, Roy.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2010, 01:02:25 pm »
OMG that image is horrendous...Josemi at 2 million?
Sweet Jesus if that is his major flop then wattafuck.. Dossena is worth 20 mil for those two goals alone :P..

Oh and, good thread. Voice of reason and solidarity.
People need to step up and fight, nobody else will do it for them.

Offline technocow

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: May 4, 2010, 01:03:03 pm »
I totally agree with whats been said in here.

I'm always up for making videos compilations and things like that. I'm sure we could get some good content together and make something good.

Offline Ben_

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 4, 2010, 01:08:03 pm »
That bleeding liverbird is brilliant, Roy.

Isn't it just? Absolutely brilliant.

Could be the focal point of this particular campaign.
The match kicks off in 30 minutes ya silly twat

"This European Cup final is won, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 0."

"This scoreline is absolutely staggering, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 3!" - Five Live

royhendo

« Reply #25 on: May 4, 2010, 01:14:45 pm »
If we're collating correct financial information we should have someone with financial expertise onboard to ensure it is punctiliously accurate.

Yeah, and as Mr Mojo Risin says it's important we're in behind SOS and working for them as far as we can, because they'll have that kind of thing in hand.

I like the idea of looking at poster art and propaganda and 'hacking' it for our purposes.

These are posters trying to encourage US voters to use their vote, for example. Simple, but a very complex and powerful message in there. Give the papers good entertaining and thought-provoking content for nowt and it's hard for them to blank it. Look at Banksy, love him or hate him (I'm in the first camp).

You get the idea.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 4, 2010, 01:14:49 pm »
Looking at the different spin put on the same facts - this is the New York Times today, just posted on OTP:

Global Soccer
A Fit and Proper English Mess
By ROB HUGHES
Published: May 4, 2010

As Britain’s government goes to the vote Thursday, the future of Liverpool, once the nation’s leading soccer club, becomes ever more uncertain.

The connection between the two is far from trivial.

Hugh Robertson, the man who would be sports minister if, as he expects, the Conservative Party ousts Labor, kicked off election week with the pledge that if soccer did not toughen up its regulation, the government would intervene.

Specifically, Robertson wants greater financial transparency, controls on the level of debts clubs carry, and a much tighter “fit and proper persons” test for club owners.

The would-be minister’s words are electioneering. They also might interest FIFA, the global regulatory body of soccer, which habitually bars nations whose governments interfere with the autonomy of the sporting associations.

Soccer matters in an election because right now, at the season’s end, there are clubs the length and breadth of Britain whose fans are driven to joy or despair, elation or fear by where their clubs stand. It is no exaggeration to say that soccer means more to some people than politics — and after recent exposures of cheating on expenses by members of Parliament of all parties, any “fit and proper” test should start with the politicians themselves.

Yet Robertson’s rhetoric has a point. France and Germany have stronger fiscal controls on their sporting institutions, the former with political influence, the latter through self-regulation by the soccer authorities.

The English Premier League likes to project itself as the most popular, most powerful and ultimately most wealthy on the planet. Yet its bottom club, Portsmouth, is in financial administration after suffering five “owners” in one year — owners with Russian, Israeli and Gulf connections.

Its last stand, under manager Avram Grant, who has drawn on the inspiring defiance, is England’s showpiece F.A. Cup Final at Wembley Stadium.

Portsmouth will be demoted from the Premier League this month, and its players will be put up for sale immediately after it contests the final, against the top club Chelsea, on May 15. The continued existence of a club representing the navy town of Portsmouth on England’s south coast is by no means guaranteed, even in a less glamorous, less well-heeled lower league.

Even at the pinnacle of the Premier League, the clubs are spending money they don’t have. Manchester United and Liverpool are owned by absentee landlords, Americans who borrowed hundreds of millions of pounds before the banking collapse and who cunningly (from their perspective) made the clubs liable for those debts.

Chelsea is indebted solely to one man, its owner, Roman Abramovich, whose trick was to outspend all the rest while his fortune was at its height and to transfer the money the club owed him into shares he owns.

The new challenger, Manchester City, was owned first by the exiled former prime minister of Thailand and now by the ruling family of Abu Dhabi. City’s biggest match of the season comes Wednesday, when it plays Tottenham. If Spurs wins, it will finish fourth. If City wins, it will probably finish fourth.

Fourth place in England puts a club in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League. That is the Holy Grail for City’s new owners. Everyone’s future at the club depends on Wednesday night.

If it wins, there is talk of City paying whatever it takes to lure Fernando Torres from Liverpool. He is injured, as he has been for much of the season. Since Torres is without question the most potent striker in England — some would say in the world — his transfer value would be anything the buyer and seller might deem it to be.

That could be as much as £80 million, or $121.5 million. Torres could command an annual salary of £10 million.

If Torres goes, then Rafael Benítez, his fellow Spaniard, would likely go as well. Indeed, Benítez might precede Torres.

The team manager at an English club is responsible not just for tactics and selection, but for buying and selling players. Since Benítez arrived six years ago, he has recruited 48 major signings for £236 million and sold 59 players for £145.35 million.

That deficit is exceeded by the interest payments on loans taken out by Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the club’s American and Canadian co-owners.

Hicks and Gillett want to sell Liverpool. Their timing could not be worse. This is the time of year when team rosters are built. It is also the time of year when, once, Liverpool dominated Europe. Then, continuity was the key.

The morning after winning a European Cup, Liverpool’s chairman, its general secretary and its team manager would meet in the board room deciding which one or two players to buy from the profits. The manager, the players, the board could plan safe in the knowledge they would be there next season.

Today there is disarray. Benítez has four years left on his contract, yet it is common knowledge that Juventus wants him and is prepared to back his choice of players to the tune of £80 million.

All that Benítez tells the fans is that conditions have changed at Liverpool. It is the same phrase he used when he quit Valencia for Liverpool.

Meanwhile, Liverpool’s owners have installed a new chairman to oversee the sale.

Martin Broughton is the former chief of British Airways, with no experience of running a club. He has yet to introduce himself to Benítez. He also excused himself from attending Sunday’s match at home to Chelsea.

He deemed it inappropriate to be present. The new chairman of the Reds, Liverpool, is a lifelong supporter of the Blues, Chelsea.

A sportsman might ask what is fit and proper for the top executive of a club. The answer is, it’s different in sports and business.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/sports/soccer/05iht-SOCCER.html

BTW looking at those transfer figures - we've spent circa £15m a year on team investment in Rafa's six years.

royhendo

« Reply #27 on: May 4, 2010, 01:23:27 pm »
The bleeding Liverbird - we could easily combine it with a timeline (well, someone with the skills to pay the bills could) that walks us through whatever timeline you want to walk through.

Let's just blatter some ideas down for now to get the juices flowing.

These uns is old, but there's life in the old mutts yet.

There are people on here far better at this stuff than the pros, so if we can give them the bullets, they can fire them.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2010, 01:26:15 pm by royhendo »

royhendo

« Reply #28 on: May 4, 2010, 01:27:26 pm »
Theres plenty of designers in here, myself included that could beat that into a pulp Roy, all we need is the right content.
I'm always up for making videos compilations and things like that. I'm sure we could get some good content together and make something good.

Good lads. Could have legs this.

Offline klobutruck33

• Anny Roader
  • MELLORRRRRR!
« Reply #29 on: May 4, 2010, 01:31:09 pm »
If there's anything us non-design graphic folk can do let us know. I for one would be happy to help.
He's only on loan,
he's only on loannnn,
Rafa Benitez,
he'll be coming back home!

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 4, 2010, 01:32:33 pm »
Good lads. Could have legs this.

If you like i could draw up that Liverbird bleeding as a vector. You can then have it as small or as large as you like.

Offline Walton Breck Road

• Wants Fernando's babies
  • Kopite
« Reply #31 on: May 4, 2010, 01:35:14 pm »
Good idea on the bleeding Liverbird.

Template of one with just the outline in here http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=161678.0
RINGO FER PRESIDENT

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #32 on: May 4, 2010, 01:35:55 pm »
I'm up for it if you are mate. I've got the contact details for the boys at SoS and I'll be lining up and reporting for duty, sah!

I would like to be part of that Roy, count me in mate
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

royhendo

« Reply #33 on: May 4, 2010, 01:37:06 pm »
Remember that Castrol GTX ad with the line of oil? In my mind it's the same but it's blood, it traces the outline of the Liverbird, then it pans up and shows the dripping into a pool. Type stuff. ;D

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 4, 2010, 01:40:23 pm »
Remember that Castrol GTX ad with the line of oil? In my mind it's the same but it's blood, it traces the outline of the Liverbird, then it pans up and shows the dripping into a pool. Type stuff. ;D

we need something adaptable. a stencil could be the best way to go, something that can go on tshirts, posters, stickers, easy stuff. i think the bleeding liverbird is on the right lines.

or we could have a blood pack - with Liverbird stamped on

royhendo

« Reply #35 on: May 4, 2010, 01:45:21 pm »
Now we're talking - a Liverbird-shaped blood pack? Magic Walshyboy!

Edit: Actually, we could have transfusion lines going off it - one to RBS, one to H's hipper, and one to G's hipper.

(The ideas may be shite by the way but the idea is for people to say what they like and don't like. It's all good feedback. Nobody's going to take a huff if they say something's bollocks - we just discard that and find something better that works.)

Edit edit: Parasites is another line we could go with.

We could do line drawings (like on www.colly.com - the animal images, especially the flea) but have a tick, a flea, and then a Hicks.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2010, 01:52:37 pm by royhendo »

Offline macca_no11

• Main Stander
« Reply #36 on: May 4, 2010, 01:49:23 pm »
What can we do?

This.

Offline xabi rules

• out winning title with Liverpool
  • Kopite
« Reply #37 on: May 4, 2010, 01:51:06 pm »
Henry Winter's Dad

'' I'd like to think that I have put more into the game than I have taken out. And that I haven‘t cheated anybody, that I've been working for people honestly all along the line, for the people of Liverpool who go to Anfield. I'd like to be recognised for trying to give them entertainment.''

The great Bill Shankly

royhendo

« Reply #38 on: May 4, 2010, 01:53:43 pm »
What can we do?

This.

Even if you just pop in to say what you like and what you don't think would work, or to make suggestions, it's all good and very helpful!

Offline Rome_1977

• Main Stander
« Reply #39 on: May 4, 2010, 01:57:11 pm »
Royhendo, this is magic and all of the supporting posts are great, you have really got the creative juices flowing amongst the Rawkites... ;-)

...Something that I have been after for a while is:
- the total Outlay/cost on transfers, I think I have this now which the posts above..
- The total income/revenue from transfers, again I believe I have this from the information above..
- The total revenue that has been generated year on year by Cup progress\wins and final league placement.

This will allow us to have a factual picture, that shows (and blows out the water the lazy media's view of Rafa's reign) how Rafa has done in terms of gross or net spend since he arrived. We could cut it several ways, but it will for once and for all give us the facts, no.

If someone has already done this then great, point me at the post and I shall crawl back under my stone. :-)

Great effort so far though...I'm liking it!