Author Topic: Jose Manuel Reina  (Read 273329 times)

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
Re: Jose Manuel Reina
« Reply #2600 on: February 29, 2012, 07:45:33 pm »
Well, I thought we would have reached the point a while ago, but f*ck me, it's absolutely going ridicolous now!! The whole Suarez Saga was a joke but it it's absolutely going bollocks.

I said it some time ago and i still stand by it: Racism is a big issue and shouldn't be laughed off. But for f*cks sake, some people need to grow some balls. I mean, at some point people should stand above some kind of abuse. And the video...WHAT THE F*CK  :o :o :butt where is the racism??
Thank you Stevie! It was a pleasure.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #2601 on: February 29, 2012, 07:46:48 pm »
Aye. Also not surprising that this comes up a few days before we have a big game against a rival for a CL spot. Always seems to the way.

Its opportunistic identity-politics hustlers getting publicity from lazy, sensationalism prone rapacious newspapers hungry for internet content and traffic, not a conspiracy because we're playing Arsenal.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2602 on: February 29, 2012, 07:48:29 pm »
So what do you suggest should be done?

Not for me to decide that mate. I'd tactlessly wade in with suggestions that the active black community seems to have a bit of a problem with homophobia, or certainly this lad, and that he's setting back any campaign to kick homophobia out of football back (like Manchester United).

I might also be tempted to suggest that he has a bit of a victim syndrome if he was really so deeply offended by that advert (and seemingly everything else), and that maybe it's he who doesn't feel equal, rather than the world not treating him equal.

This is why I don't have a public relations role Stussy. I'm sure Liverpool Football Club could find and hire someone with relative experience and quality in such a role though.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2603 on: February 29, 2012, 07:50:20 pm »
That Gillingham players case (if proven) is actual racism, what the anti racism laws were designed to stop.
Anyone heard much about it? As yet no comment from Taylor, Powar and the like.
Perhaps if someone called him a black c*nt they'd be more interested. Not much chance of getting your grid all over SSN with a Gillingham player though.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #2604 on: February 29, 2012, 07:51:38 pm »
Not for me to decide that mate. I'd tactlessly wade in with suggestions that the active black community seems to have a bit of a problem with homophobia, or certainly this lad, and that he's setting back any campaign to kick homophobia out of football back (like Manchester United).

I might also be tempted to suggest that he has a bit of a victim syndrome if he was really so deeply offended by that advert (and seemingly everything else), and that maybe it's he who doesn't feel equal, rather than the world not treating him equal.

This is why I don't have a public relations role Stussy. I'm sure Liverpool Football Club could find and hire someone with relative experience and quality in such a role though.

The club really just needs to step back from this and not get into feuds with identity-politics hustlers for whom any engagement or briefing against will be manna from heaven and be used to amplify things along their lines.

We just need to carry on with what we are doing with our commitments to community, social and equality campaigns and focus on winning on the pitch.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #2605 on: February 29, 2012, 07:51:58 pm »
It's because he's white.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Seesay

• Kopite
  • Yes, I say.
« Reply #2606 on: February 29, 2012, 07:55:48 pm »
I don't get it. What are the offended party offended by exactly?

The Guardian's spectacular article went as far as this: "The ad depicts Reina meeting a tribe in a jungle scene with the Liverpool player attracting the attentions of the leader." That's it. That's their only commentary with regards to the advert. I'm lost.
Plum.

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: February 29, 2012, 08:01:49 pm »
Simon Woolley, the OBV director, said: "I'm shocked on so many levels. Firstly, how would the Spanish feel if the English stereotyped Spanish people as backward, stupid, and animalistic homosexuals?

The BBC has apologised for remarks made on the television programme, Top Gear, that caused outrage in Mexico.
Top Gear presenters characterised Mexicans as lazy and feckless.
In a letter to Mexico's ambassador in London, the BBC said it was sorry if it had offended some people, but said jokes based on national stereotyping were part of British national humour.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: February 29, 2012, 08:04:32 pm »
If this ad is deemed racist then the world has gone fucking mad
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: February 29, 2012, 08:11:36 pm »
The BBC has apologised for remarks made on the television programme, Top Gear, that caused outrage in Mexico.
Top Gear presenters characterised Mexicans as lazy and feckless.
In a letter to Mexico's ambassador in London, the BBC said it was sorry if it had offended some people, but said jokes based on national stereotyping were part of British national humour.

The old cultural differences excuse.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline lesknow

• Main Stander
« Reply #2610 on: February 29, 2012, 08:26:15 pm »
What the exact fuck is wrong with these people?!
Jungles exist.
Tribes exist.
The fact that Pepe's about to have sexual intercourse with a man of colour is the exact opposite of racism. In fact, now that he's a newly promoted tribe member and an honourary man of colour himself, we should start asking questions about why he's been kicking white goalsposts with such panache.

I'm going to go eat a hamburger...the floor's yours.

You absolute jerkoffs.
I think this was 2001, in the Texas state legislature, they were trying to outlaw sodomy, while at the SAME time, trying to repeal the law against bestiality.
So potentially, you couldn't make love in the privacy of your own home, but you'd be able to go down to the local pound & have a good ol LEGAL Texas style dawg fuckin!
DO NOT MESS WITH TEXAS

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2611 on: February 29, 2012, 08:34:46 pm »
My fucking God. I really hate the way this world is sometimes, bellends.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: February 29, 2012, 08:43:28 pm »
this probably explains the guardian's patheticness over recent months and how a hatchet man like taylor can become chief footy writer:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/8583220/Riches-to-rags-as-Guardian-bleeds-33m-in-a-year.html

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: February 29, 2012, 08:45:40 pm »
the internet really has given a soapbox to every petty twat  with a chip on their shoulder, hasn't it?

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #2614 on: February 29, 2012, 09:04:06 pm »
Just came to see if there was a thread on this...OMFG

Is that what they cal racist. It's clearly a fuckin joke that has nothign to do with being homosexual or of another colour/culture

It's these fuckin no name groups who want to make a name for themsevles

Can't believe the "educated" Gaurdian published this shite. You'd think they'd be able to see the ad themsevles and dismiss the shite
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2615 on: February 29, 2012, 09:26:36 pm »
Meanwhile in other news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2107302/Federico-Macheda-Nile-Ranger-Manny-Smith-charged-Twitter-comments.html

Federico Macheda, Nile Ranger and Manny Smith have been charged by the Football Association over alleged homophobic comments on Twitter.

Manchester United striker Macheda, currently on loan at QPR, Newcastle forward Ranger and Walsall's Smith are accused of acting in a way which was 'improper and/or brought the game into disrepute', including 'a reference to a person's or persons' sexual orientation'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-17171389

A black footballer is bringing a claim for race discrimination against a football club.

Mark McCammon, 33, claims he and other black players at Gillingham Football Club were treated differently from white players.

The player said: "I'm hopeful that truth will prevail but I can't comment any further at this stage."

A spokesman for Gillingham said: "The allegations made by Mark McCammon are wholly rejected by the club."

"It would not be appropriate for the club to comment further until the employment tribunal hearing has taken place."

Mr McCammon is bringing a claim for race discrimination and unfair dismissal against his former club and its chairman, Paul Scally.

The Barbados international forward, who is currently with Conference team Braintree Town, signed a three-year contract with League Two club Gillingham in 2008 and was released three seasons later.

The case is expected to be heard at an employment tribunal in Ashford this summer.

McCammon - "Is it coz I is black you released me?"

Gillingham Football Club - "No. It's because your shit Mark".

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #2616 on: February 29, 2012, 10:03:01 pm »
But, how is it in anyway racist if reina and the chief end up shagging? It's the exact fucking opposite. If anything it shows what a homophobe that c*nt from ovb or the guardian is. Lazy gutter press sensationalist fukn shite. If this is what there peddlin to sell papers and get hits then fukn let them.

Someone should make a banner of Reina riding the chief with the text "chief Reina takes one for the team"

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #2617 on: February 29, 2012, 10:10:21 pm »
I wonder if Macheda, etal will have an 8 match ban? Surely discrimination on Twitter is far worse than on a pitch that not one other person can hear? Or is abuse about sexual orientation more acceptable than racism?
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #2618 on: February 29, 2012, 10:12:52 pm »

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2619 on: February 29, 2012, 10:20:07 pm »
I'm at a loss to understand this. Sadly the race card seems to be played at every opportunity and it detracts from the serious issues. Some people are pathetic.
#JFT97

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: February 29, 2012, 10:24:16 pm »
I'm guessing that the advert for Preparation H featuring Charlie Adam done up like a Black and White Minstrel bumming Jordan Henderson in a burka to a Shabba Ranks soundtrack won't last long.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Captain Marko Ramius

• Battle shtashionsh! Engage the shilent drive!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2621 on: February 29, 2012, 10:25:45 pm »

It is almost exactly like an entire section of one of them Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Didn't see anyone kicking up a fuss over that.

This is just pathetic.

An advert on Spanish television, for Spanish customers, made by Spaniards and made in Spanish. And we have English people complaining about how insensitive it is. Stinks of the same shit as Suarezgate, "we are righteous and pious and all other cultures are trailing in our enlightened wake."

The irony of implying those who don't share your moral values are all intrinsically racist...

Simon Wooley can suck my fucking baws!

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2622 on: February 29, 2012, 11:02:53 pm »
I look forward to the Guardian, OBV et all scything attacks on  the BBC/ITV next time they show a repeat of the 'Carry on' Films for their racial and sexual derogatory portrails of sections of society.......but its ok cos thats a joke isnt it?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: February 29, 2012, 11:10:05 pm »
Simon Woolley, the OBV director, said: "I'm shocked on so many levels. Firstly, how would the Spanish feel if the English stereotyped Spanish people as backward, stupid, and animalistic homosexuals?

Does anyone know if Manuel ( Fawlty Towers) Englands favourite TV Comedy show ever had animalistic homosexual tendencies?

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: February 29, 2012, 11:11:08 pm »
Most black people I know are offended by gobshites making racial mountains out of non-existent molehills than adverts like this. And Lenny Henry.
Macca resplendent!

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2625 on: February 29, 2012, 11:12:06 pm »
Most black people I know are offended by gobshites making racial mountains out of non-existent molehills than adverts like this. And Lenny Henry.

Basically, it takes away from the important issues.

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2626 on: February 29, 2012, 11:12:59 pm »
Are animalistic homeosexual tendencies wanting to bum a dog in the missionary position or bum a man doggy style?
Macca resplendent!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2627 on: February 29, 2012, 11:15:41 pm »
It is almost exactly like an entire section of one of them Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Didn't see anyone kicking up a fuss over that.

And in the same week this occurs, Billy Crystal appears on the Oscars in blackface. Don't hear any calls asking for Crystal to be banned from the Oscars?  Then again I seem to remember there being a great fuss last year over a Cadbury's ad that some groups (erroneously) believed likened Naomi Campbell with a chocolate bar.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2628 on: February 29, 2012, 11:16:30 pm »

Does anyone know if Manuel ( Fawlty Towers) Englands favourite TV Comedy show ever had animalistic homosexual tendencies?
Well he had a Siberian Hamster.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline B.Red

• Kopite
  • Pray to God but row away from the rocks!
« Reply #2629 on: February 29, 2012, 11:19:51 pm »
Aye. Also not surprising that this comes up a few days before we have a big game against a rival for a CL spot. Always seems to the way.

Somehow I don't think race campaigners in Spain, no matter how shit, are concerned with our race for 4th...

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #2630 on: February 29, 2012, 11:21:19 pm »
A wise man once said...

"we are not the custodians of moral values In this world"

...obviously that has fallen on deaf ears.

I've only just read about this, but I saw that advertisement like a week ago and not once did I think it contained any offensive content. From what I've seen now, and over the last six months, these so called anti discrimination groups need to have a long look at how they employ. Quite frankly it appears to me those with a voice in these groups have an inferiority complex towards this subject which only emphasises their paranoia.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: February 29, 2012, 11:22:16 pm »
I think implying that being 'animalistc homosexual' is a negative image may cause Mr Woolley to have Pete Tatchell on his case

The advert actually takes the piss out of stupid , backward spanish people as much as anything!

Lets face it the English media will run with this...and it will be lapped up by their stupid and backward audience.....and I dont give a fuck who I offend with that and I aint shaking their fucking hand either!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:25:54 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2632 on: February 29, 2012, 11:24:20 pm »
Somehow I don't think race campaigners in Spain, no matter how shit, are concerned with our race for 4th...

The organization who pushed for the ad to be banned are British, not Spanish. Not saying it's conspiratorial at all. Just that there always seems to be some story that tends to pop up whenever we have a big game.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2633 on: February 29, 2012, 11:24:36 pm »
Well done OBV. Another group who I should in theory be supporting but like FARE, the PFA, the FA and others who have proved they are more concerned with media posturing than dealing with the insidious and still very real problem of racism.

Hoo fucking ray. You've an ad banned. And ad featuring one of the nicest men in football. A truly decent man who is now tarred with the racism brush.

You utter fucking pricks.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2634 on: February 29, 2012, 11:25:44 pm »
Well done OBV. Another group who I should in theory be supporting but like FARE, the PFA, the FA and others who have proved they are more concerned with media posturing than dealing with the insidious and still very real problem of racism.

Well said.

Offline Captain Marko Ramius

• Battle shtashionsh! Engage the shilent drive!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2635 on: February 29, 2012, 11:27:30 pm »
I hope Groupama tell them to go fuck themselves.

I'd never heard of OBV till now... I'm imagining neither had a lot of people.

Could it be that they have used the adverts, and Liverpool FC's name, for the some publicity? Never! Having missed the bandwagon last time round they want another go. Fuck them.

Having used the 'if Suarez is over in the UK he should abide by our rules' argument there is now a clamour for a Spanish advert to abide by the moral code of the UK now as well.

Why don't we just get Ouseley, Woolley and the great and the good get together and  bash out a memo on how the other 6 billion people can and can't conduct themselves to save any horrible racist foreigners making any more mistakes.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2636 on: February 29, 2012, 11:27:32 pm »
Oh good, now its on the Beeb website.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2637 on: February 29, 2012, 11:33:20 pm »
Some hyper over sensitivity now. Seems targeting footballers is the quickest way to gain publicity to a cause these days.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2638 on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:52 pm »
This'll just give more ammunition to the pricks who call us/Kenny/the players racist. They'll obviously miss the point that he was asked to feature in this, innocently, and that he isn't racist.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong in the video at all but I don't know what they say in it.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2639 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:43 pm »
What does it say about Reina?.........What does it say about the 30 or 40 black actors depicting the stupid backward animalistic homosexual tribesmen Mr Woolley!!