Author Topic: Crystal Palace  (Read 29974 times)

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
Crystal Palace
« on: August 28, 2013, 02:50:25 pm »
CRYSTAL PALACE

Crystal Palace - Selhurst Park
Website - www.cpfc.co.uk
Unofficial Sites:
The Holmesdale Online
CPFC BBS

Fixtures 2013-14

Address: Crystal Palace FC, Selhurst Park, London, SE25 6PU
Telephone: 0208 768 6000
Fax: 0208 771 5311
Ticket Office: 0871 2000 071
Capacity: 26,309
Away end: 2,000

DIRECTIONS & PARKING
For a street map of the area & the ground click here

By Road
Leave the M25 at Junction 7 and follow the signs for the A23 to Croydon. At Purley bear left onto the A23 at its junction with the A235 (to Croydon). You will pass roundabouts and junctions with the A232 and A236 as you pass Croydon, after which the A23 bears left at Thornton Heath (at the Horseshoe pub roundabout). Here you go straight over into Brigstock Road (B266), passing Thornton Heath Station on your left and bear right on to the High Street. At the next mini roundabout, (Whitehorse Road/Grange Road) go left into Whitehorse Lane. The ground is on your right.

An alternative route for fans coming from the North, is to leave the M25 at Junction 10 and follow the A3 towards London. After about ten miles you will reach the Tolworth roundabout at which you turn right onto the A240 towards Epsom. After about three miles turn onto the A232 towards Sutton. Follow the A232 through Sutton and Carshalton and just before reaching Croydon, turn left onto the A23 north towards Thornton Heath'. Where the A23 bears left at Thornton Heath (at the Horsehoe pub roundabout). Here you must go straight over, into Brigstock Road (B266), passing Thornton Heath Station on your left and bearing right on to the High Street. At the next mini roundabout, (Whitehorse Road/Grange Road) go left into Whitehorse Lane. The ground is on your right.

Most streets around the ground are either designated residents only parking on matchdays or are pay and display with a four hour limit. Please take note of any street signs advising of parking restrictions, or you will run the risk of being towed away. Also note that the traffic can be pretty bad on Saturdays even without football traffic, so make sure you allow yourself some extra time to make the journey.

By Rail
The nearest railway stations are Selhurst or Thornton Heath which are served by London Victoria main line station, Clapham Junction, London Bridge (every 30 mins) and East Croydon (every 15 mins). You can also use Norwood Junction station which is also served by Victoria, but is a little further away. It is then a 10-15 minute walk to ground. Note that Crystal Palace station is nowhere near the ground.

If you are coming from outside London, it may be an idea to purchase a Travelcard at the first tube station you encounter (or some train operators also allow you to add this onto your train ticket) and tell the clerk that you want a Travelcard that will cover you as far as Selhurst or Thornton Heath. The card then allows you unlimited travel on the tube and trains within the London travel zone and avoids having to buy a ticket for each leg of the journey.

Thoughts:
Just over 2,000 away supporters can be accommodated. If you are seated towards the rear of the stand then you will find that you are sitting on old wooden seats and there is very little leg room. Plus the views of the playing action are not particularly great from the back of the stand, due to the overhang of the roof. And if that is not enough then there is the odd supporting pillar to contend with too. If you sit in the bottom half of the stand for an afternoon kick off, in the earlier part of the season, then don't be surprised if you end up trying to keep the sun out of your eyes.

Pub Guide and extras
Opposite Thornton Heath Railway Station there is a Wetherspoon pub, called the 'The Flora Sandes' which is popular with both home and away supporters. Also close by is 'The Railway Telegraph' on Brigstock (as you come out of Thornton Heath station turn right and the pub is further down on the left). This pub serves Youngs beers and is quite spacious. It is then about a 15 minute walk from here to the ground (as you  come out of the pubs turn right and follow the other fans). There are plenty of Kebab & Chip shops available on the route to the ground.

Otherwise near Norwood Junction Railway Station on the High Street is another Wetherspoon outlet called 'The William Stanley' (From the Station turn right at the Clock Tower into the High Street). The nearby 'Ship' pub on the High Street is also recommended. Generally beer and lager are served inside the ground, but note though that for certain high profile games, the club choose not to serve alcohol to away supporters.

Away Fans:

Adult - £40
Over 65s - £26
U16s - £20
Disabled & PA - 6 places for disabled supporters. Contact the club for ticket prices.

Stadium Plan

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 06:03:38 pm by Barney_Rubble »
87:13

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
Re: Crystal Palace
« Reply #1 on: November 9, 2014, 02:57:26 pm »
Looks like a pain in the arse to get there this year...

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2 on: November 9, 2014, 10:16:45 pm »
Looks like a pain in the arse to get there this year...
The usual route is fucked but you can still get a direct train to Norwood Junction from London Bridge.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 08:50:23 pm »
Which pub's on for this one?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 11:38:38 pm »
Which pub's on for this one?
Spoons at Norwood Junction on the High Street
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 12:14:19 pm »
Looking forward to this one. Is the view really that bad towards the back of the stand?
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 02:21:38 pm »
Looking forward to this one. Is the view really that bad towards the back of the stand?

A lot of tip-toeing and/or kneeling dependent on your size lol.
YNWA.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 05:15:27 pm »

A lot of tip-toeing and/or kneeling dependent on your size lol.

Cushty! Do you know how many rows there are in our bit mate?
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline MaskedBenitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 11:19:32 pm »
What's the plan? Where is everyone bevvying on Sat?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 10:19:00 am »
What's the plan? Where is everyone bevvying on Sat?

Back in November (those dark, dark days... :-\) it was the Spoons near Norwood Junction, but I think that was because of railway problems getting to Thornton Heath. Which one is it this time, the Thornton Heath or Norwood Jct one?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 04:57:51 pm »
We are going to the spoons opposite Thornton Heath

Offline Wigan Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 07:31:34 pm »
Anyone got any suggestions for parking? We are driving up this time

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 01:04:44 pm »
One God awful stadium that. Looks like Bootle FC's Dodge Kop from our vantage point
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #13 on: March 1, 2016, 08:48:53 pm »
What's everyone's plans for this? We're getting the train to Norwood junction about 11

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 06:46:17 pm »
Anyone recommend Best pub beforehand tomorrow?

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 11:08:06 pm »
Anyone recommend Best pub beforehand tomorrow?

Either of the spoons outside both stations

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 09:48:08 am »
Cheers