Author Topic: Lawrenson: Empty seats prove Roy Hodgson and Liverpool FC relationship doomed  (Read 13202 times)

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
About £400,000

Holy Fuck! That's an 1/8 a Knonchesky! Roy out!

EDIT: Lawro you're a ballbag  :wave

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
10000 down, what sort of loss is that to the club money wise ?

Fucking remarkable that no thought about this years ago when G&H where running the club into the ground. Oh but Rafa was in charge and the players deserved our support then didn't they! It's amazing the things football fans can convince themselves of.

Oh and the day anyone pays any attention to what that prick Lawrenson says regardless of his point of view is the day we've really lost it.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2011, 01:40:40 pm by Notayesman »

Offline B.Red

• Kopite
  • Pray to God but row away from the rocks!
I'm living in hope that he'll be gone by the derby.

Bit harsh wishing Lawro dead!!

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
just to contradict completely what i said on another thread maybe when the snakes like lawro are turning maybe they know he is going sooner rather than later

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Apparently 4000 ST holders didn't turn up, not sure on top of that how many ticket holders didn't go.  But you are looking at approx 40,000 tickets sold.  So probably more like a £200,000 loss on actual sales.

Good god, if a similar number of fans miss every home game after this, FSG have got no choice don't they?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
just to contradict completely what i said on another thread maybe when the snakes like lawro are turning maybe they know he is going sooner rather than later

lawro knows nothing.....
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
Frankly, I don't care what Lawro has said before now. If his voice adds to the chorus which finally gets Roy out, all the better.

Offline The Shannonator

• Main Stander
  • Believe you muthas
He's a massive cock still
For those of you watching in blue and white......

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
lawrenson talks sense shocker

if you gave a million lawrensons a million soap boxes one of them would eventually come up with something that makes some kind of sense.  this is about the only time i've agreed with the miserable whinger since he stopped playing for the club.  roy is doomed.  the end.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
I certainly won't be trying to buy tickets until Hodgson has gone.

It's painful enough watching them all on the telly, but at least I can just turn off at the end and try and think of something else. Would hate to have to pay for that experience, plus petrol, plus beer money, not to mention the time invested in it.

Can't believe he's still here.

My thoughts exactly.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
I certainly won't be trying to buy tickets until Hodgson has gone.

It's painful enough watching them all on the telly, but at least I can just turn off at the end and try and think of something else. Would hate to have to pay for that experience, plus petrol, plus beer money, not to mention the time invested in it.

Can't believe he's still here.

An honest question, did you at any point do the same when G&H were still here?

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
I can't disagree with anything Lawro said in that article, can't believe it, can't believe theres still tickets going for the Derby match...surely theres no chance of it going on general sale though?
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
So the wind has changed? Hodgson was one that fit the bill, he was the approachable man (in contrast to Benitez) and now he's showing his limitations. Wow. Just wow. It seems the media has found their next target and it's so predictable. It's a crying shame our former board (and certain players) put so much faith in the media's opinion last season. This should be a lesson for them. Even their own personal little favourite has become a target, after having been given plenty of slack so far.

Lawrenson just shows that there is no reason to listen to the vast majority of pundits. They are all following the same agenda.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
dalglish has won more medals as player and manager than hodgson has won premier away games in his entire managerial career....
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It is now obvious to everyone that Hodgson is not a talented enough manager to hold his current position.  Lawrenson simply doesn't want to back a losing horse.

The only people who will still defend him are the ones with either a deep-rooted hatred for Liverpool or another agenda they are desperate to stick to.

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
Lawrenson is a bell end who always writes populist articles, now Roy has really fallen in the shit pit, he's jumped on the bandwagon of journalists turning their back on him after verbally wanking him off.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Fuck off, Lawro. You burnt that bridge long ago.

What exactly did he do to make everyone hate him?
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
What exactly did he do to make everyone hate him?

Off the top of my head I can think of this, the time when he tried to use Hillsborough to have a dig at Benitez.

Timing of Rafa's Juve link is appalling in Hillsborough anniversary week

By Mark Lawrenson

Rafa Benitez has an appalling sense of timing and it may just be that the Liverpool fans will finally turn on the manager.

Just 24 hours after the 21st anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster is not the time for your agent to be quoted talking about meetings with Juventus.

Hillsborough is an open wound still on Merseyside. When the facts come out, all the outrageous and false accusations about Liverpool fans will be put to bed once and for all when it will be proved beyond all doubt what really happened.

With such a long struggle and such a big event for so many people, Rafa's current tussle is put into very stark perspective. The timing is shocking. It's ill judged and insensitive.

Let's be clear on this. Even at the Benfica game at Anfield, the Liverpool fans were chanting his name, getting right behind the manager and backing him all the way.

They are staunch until the end and yet that is why they deserve respect and for the manager to respect them and the history of the club.

Rafa will undoubtedly blame the agent. But it's hard to believe Rafa didn't know what was going on.

The club is a soap opera right now. Will a new owner come in and try to keep Rafa? We really don't know. Nor does Rafa and maybe that's why he's looking elsewhere.

But would you give him backing in the transfer market? His record is shocking. He has bought so many players and yet his revolving door transfer policy has hardly taken the club forward or improved the squad. There have been far too many duds.

It's time for Rafa to go. It's been six years and it's time for Liverpool to say: "Thanks very much and goodbye."

Interview: John Cross
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
Off the top of my head I can think of this, the time when he tried to use Hillsborough to have a dig at Benitez.

Timing of Rafa's Juve link is appalling in Hillsborough anniversary week

By Mark Lawrenson

Rafa Benitez has an appalling sense of timing and it may just be that the Liverpool fans will finally turn on the manager.

Just 24 hours after the 21st anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster is not the time for your agent to be quoted talking about meetings with Juventus.

Hillsborough is an open wound still on Merseyside. When the facts come out, all the outrageous and false accusations about Liverpool fans will be put to bed once and for all when it will be proved beyond all doubt what really happened.

With such a long struggle and such a big event for so many people, Rafa's current tussle is put into very stark perspective. The timing is shocking. It's ill judged and insensitive.

Let's be clear on this. Even at the Benfica game at Anfield, the Liverpool fans were chanting his name, getting right behind the manager and backing him all the way.

They are staunch until the end and yet that is why they deserve respect and for the manager to respect them and the history of the club.

Rafa will undoubtedly blame the agent. But it's hard to believe Rafa didn't know what was going on.

The club is a soap opera right now. Will a new owner come in and try to keep Rafa? We really don't know. Nor does Rafa and maybe that's why he's looking elsewhere.

But would you give him backing in the transfer market? His record is shocking. He has bought so many players and yet his revolving door transfer policy has hardly taken the club forward or improved the squad. There have been far too many duds.

It's time for Rafa to go. It's been six years and it's time for Liverpool to say: "Thanks very much and goodbye."

Interview: John Cross

Yeah. Thats when I lost my respect for him

Offline Jensen

• Butten
  • Anny Roader
  • Manc Type
That Rafa/Hillsborough article isn't heartfelt at all - it seems like just an excuse to have a go at Benitez. And that is what is 'appalling'.

Online Hop

• Anny Roader
Lawro - shut up.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted