Author Topic: CL Draw - Chelsea again then Barca/Bayern....  (Read 90660 times)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Re: CL Draw - Chelsea again then Barca/Bayern....
« Reply #1080 on: March 20, 2009, 02:13:56 pm »
And the second leg of the semi final at home

Against Bayern would be good (all in white).  After Madrid, another reference to the '81 triumph.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1081 on: March 20, 2009, 02:14:16 pm »
The Mancs must be fuming, we got the easy side of the draw. Why is it easier? Because these teams have to face us!

:scarf

+++++

Some of you lot have low self-esteem, it's embarassing. I can't believe some of the cowardice and mewling and whinging on this thread. Fucking man up you lot.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1082 on: March 20, 2009, 02:15:54 pm »
Worst possible outcome really.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1083 on: March 20, 2009, 02:16:55 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/11MQnQ8QjJs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/11MQnQ8QjJs</a>

:scarf

Fuck me, that just turns me to jelly, that just sends shivers down my spine.....

Everyone watch that and grow some balls.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1084 on: March 20, 2009, 02:17:15 pm »
Piece of piss.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Fernando09

• Legacy Fan
  • can i change my username please...? :(
« Reply #1085 on: March 20, 2009, 02:19:54 pm »
Man Utd 2/1   Arsenal 7/1 
 Barcelona 5/2   Bayern Munich 12/1 
 Liverpool 13/2   Villarreal 25/1 
 Chelsea 13/2   Porto 50/1 

i put a bet on us winning the CL at the beginning of the season
14/1
the slip has been with me since aug last yr
as well as the bet i had on us winning the league at 15/2 ;)
If I live to be a hundred and Liverpool bring in genius managers who win Quadruples and Quintuples for the club, I'll always point to Rafa as the one who meant the most to me.

-Finn Solomon

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: March 20, 2009, 02:25:50 pm »
Whatever happens, whoever we draw, remember that we've been here before. There were far easier teams in the last 16 hat than Real Madrid. I still think we got the toughest draw we could have gotten there, we just made them look unrecognisably bad. In 2005, we drew Juventus at this stage with Chelsea to come in the semis, a daunting prospect but a test we passed with flying colours. 2007, we got the reigning European and Spanish champions Barcelona in the last 16. Last season, Arsenal in the quarters and Chelsea in the semis wasn't exactly the ideal draw, but we disposed of the Gunners and were so close to knocking Chelsea out too.

We've been here before, and we've beaten the best. So whoever we draw, just enjoy it. There is nothing like being involved in the European Cup in late spring, when the matches start in daylight and you can sense the prospect of something special around the corner. So whether it's destination Munich, Oporto, Manchester, London or (gulp) Barcelona, just look forward to it. Our team isn't bad, you know, and neither is our manager.

I stand by this.

Fucking absolute worst draw we could have got, but they'll never take it away from us when we do it. They'll never be able to say "oh you only won cos you got a soft draw" or "oh all the teams you beat didn't show up" without looking like fucking unhinged muppets (like saying you were the best team after losing 1-4). And you know who I'm talking about when I say "they." I'm talking about everyone outside of this club who has no respect or affection for it or its players and manager. Too many of them around to count, we all know who they are.

Chelsea, still one of the most expensively-assembled teams in the world. Still got Cech, Terry, Lampard, Essien, Drogba, Ballack, Anelka, Cashley and all the rest of the media-hyped Lahndan boys. Do we want to see them win the trophy we hold dearest of all? No? Well, doesn't the saying go that if you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself? We already proved in in 2005 and 2007. Don't we want to atone for last year? Don't we want to tune the band up one more time, "Fuck off Chelsea F.C. you ain't got no history"? Well then fucking bring them. Hey lads, no Riise to score your goal for you this time.

Barcelona, top of the Spanish league. Hyped to the fucking clouds above. Star players all over the pitch, except maybe in goal and in defence. We've been here before, haven't we? When certain people laughed at the very idea of us going to the Nou Camp and not getting twatted. Only difference was, we didn't have Fernando Torres back then. We didn't have the most lethal partnership in world football right now playing upfront for us. No Skrtel either. Alonso going through a poor patch of form. No Babel or Benayoun to change things from the bench.

Yes, it's an intimidating task, having to beat both Chelsea and Barcelona. Embrace it. Embrace these nights, cherish them. Imagine the noise levels inside Anfield against Chelsea and Barca. Imagine the memories that are about to be forged. Imagine the laughter and the tears in your eyes and streaming down your face when we do it. Think about whether it would mean as much to beat Porto and Villareal. What do you remember most fondly, the 1-0 win over PSV in 2007? Or maybe the 2-1 over Juventus in 2005? Or even the loss to Barca in 2007?

Get up for it, because it's us that make the difference. The 12th man, a cliche or something tangible? Let's fucking prove it. Let them fear us. Let them emerge from the tunnel to a wall of sheer intimidation that will make them shit their fucking shorts. Our manager just said that he signed the new contract because of us. Don't let him down now. We have nothing to fear. We've just beaten Real Madrid 4-0 and Man. United 4-1. Barcelona, on the other hand, lost at home to Espanol a few weeks ago. Chelsea needed a late goal to beat Wigan at home. We're not perfect ourselves, but we're no worse than them. And we have the best striker in the world today lining up for us.

Let John Terry toss and turn thinking of how in the blue hell he's going to mark Nando. Rub your hands as Rafa no doubt did when we drew Real Madrid and he thought of what Nando and Stevie would do to Ramos and Pepe, only do it with even more glee, because Barca have Puyol, Marquez and the likes, very beatable. And they don't have a defender of Cannavaro's quality, and they don't have Iker Casillas in goal, they have a guy who dragged the ball over his own line the last time we played there.

This is going to be the most magical ride we've ever been on, so if you don't want to be on it, have a look at yourself. If you're so preoccupied about United's draw, go and watch their games. This is history in the making, we're part of it once again. The last time we beat Real Madrid in this competition, we won it. The last time we beat Chelsea, we got to the final. The last time we beat Barca, we got to the final. It's in Rome, where we've won twice already. We have Nando, Stevie, Carra, Masch, Pepe, Xabi, and the best manager in the world. Have some fucking belief, please. We're going to do it. Believe.
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1087 on: March 20, 2009, 02:30:12 pm »
AMEN!
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline lillyred

• Main Stander
« Reply #1088 on: March 20, 2009, 02:30:15 pm »
Worst possible outcome really.
ye agree

Offline KTS

• Loves the mods so very much, especially on RAWK
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: March 20, 2009, 02:30:41 pm »

28 Apr -  CL 1st leg

06 May - CL 2nd leg

Are these dates gen ? I need to sort out leave and cover.
Has no opinion as it is normally wrong.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: March 20, 2009, 02:32:06 pm »
^ Great post lad.

We dildoed Real last week. We fucked Inter, Arsenal, Barcelona, Juventus in previous seasons. We can do this. FFS, It's only the Chelsea.

Offline harmar

• Red Red Wine....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: March 20, 2009, 02:32:18 pm »
I've no fear of anyone left but I'm bored as fuck playing that other shite, it's a fucking European Cup and we end up playing in the same country.

BORING.
"To be prepared is half the victory"   Miguel Cervantes

Offline Egyptian_Scouser

• Main Stander
  • Fernando Torres Liverpool's number 9
« Reply #1092 on: March 20, 2009, 02:32:58 pm »
dont think so because its suspension for 3 thats why riera got banned for the second madrid game

He wont play as it was written after he got the yellow card in RM game

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1093 on: March 20, 2009, 02:33:57 pm »
i put a bet on us winning the CL at the beginning of the season
14/1
the slip has been with me since aug last yr
as well as the bet i had on us winning the league at 15/2 ;)

I have still three bets running. One on winning the CL at 9/1, one at winning the league at 6/1 and one on doing the double at 34/1. Would turn 25 Euros into 345 Euros if we win both league and CL... ;)

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: March 20, 2009, 02:36:45 pm »
I have still three bets running. One on winning the CL at 9/1, one at winning the league at 6/1 and one on doing the double at 34/1. Would turn 25 Euros into 345 Euros if we win both league and CL... ;)

At the start of the season I got 66/1 on us to win the Campions League/Premier League double. stuck Ł10 on it.

Offline Andyb

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1095 on: March 20, 2009, 02:40:28 pm »
I have to be honest and I do believe gut feeling comes into it a lot...

Last year i didn't want the mancs,  i felt it was their year and were going to be too strong for us,  i was one of the ones getting slaughtered on here for feeling 50/50 going into the Chelsea semi-final last year, as I knew who lay await in Moscow,  it just felt wrong......HOWEVER

momentum is with us,  the run in starts here...
Real Madrid?  who the fuck ya try'n da kid!
Bring on Manchester United....you did and we twatted them all over Old Trafford 4-1 thank you very much

we have a load of players hitting form,
Rafa is happy,
The curly clown is on the way out and wants to leave a legacy that he will claim to be all his own work!
There is even not a lot of controversy from the mouth of the Yank in charge of the money
Chelsea have a good squad but an aging one, crying to be broken up

What i am trying to say here is, as i stood there watching the heated balls come out of the bowl in the intended order...."Fuck-em" i thought  bring it on,  we are ready, we are more than ready mate,   we are Liverpool FC and we have climbed higher hills than this.

Real Madrid (again), Chelsea (again), Barca (again) and then let us add the biggest scalp of all to our Glorious European roll of Honour in a final in Rome. 

I am not in anyway fearful of ANY draw, of ANY team left, and i am sure Rafa and the whole club feel the same.

BRING IT FUCKIN' ON  :scarf

we no longer dream    we realise this is reality....we are this good!

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: March 20, 2009, 02:45:55 pm »
So be it ,I think its the other teams that will be in fear of playing us really.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: March 20, 2009, 02:47:36 pm »
Ferguson has remortgaged his soul to the devil for this draw, there's a serious danger of them winning everything this year if us or Chelsea can't stop them.

And don't call me melodramatic, if you don't think they have a good chance of doing it you're living in a dream world.
And that's exactly why I wanted Everton to beat Boro in the FA Cup. Everton may just beat them but Boro would have got twated. Many on here were screaming for Boro to beat Everton and I have to remind them that MU will be parading 5 fuckin trophies in May and we need strong teams to stand up against the fuckers.

Offline Kopite72

• Kopite
« Reply #1098 on: March 20, 2009, 02:48:20 pm »
Bring the rat piss bastards on....we'll snot the fuckers.

Drogba? Skrtel will eat him.

Just keep that dirty bastard Essien in check as well and we'll have no problems.

Get yer tissues ready Terry you big fucking woman.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 02:51:26 pm by Kopite72 »

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #1099 on: March 20, 2009, 02:49:08 pm »
Think the draw is really gonna hinder our Title hopes. Well not hinder us but help the scum.

Firstly, they WILL trounce Porto at OT. Porto r shite away from home. They will then "rest" players away i.e. play a 2nd string team consistant of tevez, giggs, anderson. I.e. a team good enough to do the job.

We gotta really hope aresenal get through because by then cesc and adebyor will be fit and hopefully can do them over.

but we will have tough games all the way, hope im wrong. I reckon we will get to the final, i dont think this draw has helped our PL ambitions at all. 4 points behind, game in hand and in the next month we play, Chelsea, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Barcelona.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: March 20, 2009, 02:49:13 pm »
annoyed because I thought there were easier draws, but fuck it, to win it you have to beat whatever you're up against.

I rate Hiddink a lot, will be fascinating to see rafa against him

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #1101 on: March 20, 2009, 02:49:28 pm »
Here we stand amongst European giants.

Taller than the lot of 'em.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Libertina Warbeck

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't you just love love?!
    • Libertina's Live Journal
« Reply #1102 on: March 20, 2009, 02:50:22 pm »
I don't think people on here realise how poor Roma were. And Arsenal really struggled against them in the second leg. Missed loads of chances in the first leg too. They can't afford to do that against a solid team like Villareal, who are also very good defensively.

Might be a ManU v Villareal semi...I'd prefer a Porto-Arsenal semi but I just feel we're destined to meet ManU in the final. Whether we pip them to the Premier League or they stay on track and win it, when we meet them in a CL final it will be a HUGE grudge match.
"I am not thinking can we win the title, I am thinking we have to win the title."
--Fernando Torres

GILLET & HICKS GET THE F*** OUT OF OUR CLUB www.yanksout.com

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: March 20, 2009, 02:51:24 pm »
I stand by this.

Fucking absolute worst draw we could have got, but they'll never take it away from us when we do it. They'll never be able to say "oh you only won cos you got a soft draw" or "oh all the teams you beat didn't show up" without looking like fucking unhinged muppets (like saying you were the best team after losing 1-4). And you know who I'm talking about when I say "they." I'm talking about everyone outside of this club who has no respect or affection for it or its players and manager. Too many of them around to count, we all know who they are.

Post of the year, this. All the doubters, read it and believe.

Offline terrymac

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1104 on: March 20, 2009, 02:51:44 pm »
Because I want them in Rome ... We have one final exorcism to perform ...

what exorcism is that --id much rather play the Arse and exorcise 89 again by scoring the winner with the last kick of the match--the cup final with owen didnt quiet do it enough for me
"Magna est veritas et prevalebit"   JFT96

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: March 20, 2009, 02:51:46 pm »

To all the people moaning about the mancs easy draw ... Remember Benfica ?

By the way, they failed to score against Villarreal in their group games, and have already lost to Arsenal in the PL ... How is that draw easy ?

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: March 20, 2009, 02:51:59 pm »
Really hope we do Chelsea and Bayern beat Barca - would love a trip to Germany

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #1107 on: March 20, 2009, 02:52:24 pm »
The weakest four teams on one side of the draw: Villarreal, Porto, Arsenal and Mancs
The top four teams on the other side of the draw: Liverpool, Barca, Chelsea, Bayern

Basically it's an easy passage for the Mancs to the final. But I hope for a Liverpool vs Arsenal final.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: March 20, 2009, 02:53:51 pm »
Lucky Manchester United, I think they're already in the semifinal, I'd be really amazed if Porto knocked them out. The result of the draw really pissed me off, if we had get past them we would have had big chances to make it to the semifinals.

You guys vs Chelsea once again, I'm pretty sure that you'll reach the semifinal as well. This time there's no Riise, so no problems  ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1109 on: March 20, 2009, 02:54:30 pm »
And that's exactly why I wanted Everton to beat Boro in the FA Cup. Everton may just beat them but Boro would have got twated. Many on here were screaming for Boro to beat Everton and I have to remind them that MU will be parading 5 fuckin trophies in May and we need strong teams to stand up against the fuckers.

There's no worries their mate, it's an Arsenal/Everton final, we'll win the league and the CL
and the mancs can have the Carling and ermmm...... the other one.....whatever it's called.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #1110 on: March 20, 2009, 02:55:14 pm »
Jus watched that video post chelsea 2005, fuck it, we gonna win it all

Offline terrymac

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1111 on: March 20, 2009, 02:56:19 pm »
I'm fucking 52 years of age. I'm right up for it. Fuck them. I can't believe some of the shite in here. Bring them fucking on - any of them!

Im wiv you fat scouse--some of these youngs uns are sky sports babies and have bin listening too long to Andy Gray-  not scared of any of the fkers
"Magna est veritas et prevalebit"   JFT96

Offline KTS

• Loves the mods so very much, especially on RAWK
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: March 20, 2009, 02:56:19 pm »
United have played Porto six times in the CL.

Won 2
Drew 2
Lost 2

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Has no opinion as it is normally wrong.

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #1113 on: March 20, 2009, 02:56:28 pm »
I stand by this.

Fucking absolute worst draw we could have got, but they'll never take it away from us when we do it. They'll never be able to say "oh you only won cos you got a soft draw" or "oh all the teams you beat didn't show up" without looking like fucking unhinged muppets (like saying you were the best team after losing 1-4). And you know who I'm talking about when I say "they." I'm talking about everyone outside of this club who has no respect or affection for it or its players and manager. Too many of them around to count, we all know who they are...
Quality call to arms, mate. Unfortunately, we beat a then good Juventus, Chelsea and AC Milan in 05 and they said we were luckym so don't assume that they 'won't be able to say it.'

That notwithstanding, totally agreed. It's the draw we got so let's go and give our team all the help we can in overturning 3 difficult sides (whoever they end up being - Munich not out yet!)
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: March 20, 2009, 02:58:22 pm »
YGW will love you for that. ;D

I'm aware of her dislike for Inter ;D

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: March 20, 2009, 02:58:47 pm »
In Porto's defence, for the first fifteen minutes of our game against them in the CL group stage away from home, we were run ragged. Seriously put on the backfoot and looked vulnerable (conceding too). Not many sides do that to us in Europe.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1116 on: March 20, 2009, 02:58:54 pm »
We have nerves of steel. They've got John Terry and his wobbly pet lip. 

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: March 20, 2009, 02:59:17 pm »
Was waiting for someone to mention that. ;D

Yes, 'cause that own goal made the difference, Liverpool was clearly the better team, especially given how well you played at Anfield.

Offline Katalano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1118 on: March 20, 2009, 03:00:24 pm »
oh, dude...i see it. barca against chelsea....- semifinal...
FC Barcelona - més que un club
New York Yankees - Let's go Yankees.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: March 20, 2009, 03:01:14 pm »
The one bright spot of the Mancs draw is that they'll have to play a full strength Arsenal 4 times in a month.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:03:18 pm by JMACC »
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/