Author Topic: LFC Opinion Survey w/ RESULTS (85% Pro-Rafa)  (Read 17981 times)

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • TW42 now!!
Re: LFC Opinion Survey
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2010, 10:35:58 am »

So you are saying you can't be grateful for his work and also want a new manager?  You're just plain wrong.

That is not what I am saying, nor is it what I said.

I am saying that showing gratitude for what he has done but naming your preferred replacement on an internet forum is disrespectful, wrong and counteracts the whole 'gratitude' part of the post.

Kinda like if you thanked your life long friend profusely for sticking with you through thick and thin even when you were a bit off, as you shoot him. You see?

So I am not 'wrong' as you state like someone who thinks putting 'fact' at the end of something automatically makes it so.

If you dislike Rafa so be it - IMO you are incorrect in your assesment, and wrong to voice it as your individual opinion matters not a tott. What is one step worse is trying to play both sides 'I really respect you but want shot of you' - fucking lame.  :no

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: LFC Opinion Survey w/ RESULTS (85% Pro-Rafa)
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2010, 10:56:50 am »
I have no problem for people not wanting Mourinho for football reasons though. That's what should be discussed.

He is an in demand manager. Why would he choice the shitty end of the resources stick and come here? If he comes back to England it would be to Manchester.

He doesn't really have experience of the kind of conditions that exist at Liverpool at the moment. His history suggests that he does not tolerate shit from the higher ups in clubs. That does not bode well.

He does not appear to stick at jobs very long. I could only see him lasting 2 years at most - we would need more stability than that.

He may be the man if we acquire a sugar daddy - but in those circumstances, I would much rather let Rafa actually spend some cash without having to leap through Machiavellian hoops.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2010, 11:14:15 am »
He is an in demand manager. Why would he choice the shitty end of the resources stick and come here? If he comes back to England it would be to Manchester.

He doesn't really have experience of the kind of conditions that exist at Liverpool at the moment. His history suggests that he does not tolerate shit from the higher ups in clubs. That does not bode well.

He does not appear to stick at jobs very long. I could only see him lasting 2 years at most - we would need more stability than that.

He may be the man if we acquire a sugar daddy - but in those circumstances, I would much rather let Rafa actually spend some cash without having to leap through Machiavellian hoops.
You make a good point, but he might fancy the challenge. He is in demand but does everyone really see him as a brilliant manager? Not everyone is convinced because he's always had money and he might relish the chance to attain success without mega money. He might also fancy the chance to be that purple faced twat's arch enemy again.

Well he's had experience with dealing with the Russian at Chelsea. Mourinho didn't resign did he? Anyway, most top managers won't have had similar shit to what Rafa's had.

True. But can you blame him from moving clubs the way he has done so far? Leiria to Porto was natural, as was the chance to go to Chelsea. He was sacked from there so didn't choose to leave. But there's no evidence that he would only stay at Liverpool for 2 years anyway. We have a habit of keeping managers for as long as we want them. Rafa has been here for nearly 6 years, but the longest he had been in a job before here was 3 years. Would we not have thought the same about Rafa?

Yes, I would also give Rafa a chance to spend money if we had some. But this isn't about him really. It's just the way people dismiss Mourinho for the wrong reasons.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #203 on: April 14, 2010, 11:21:26 am »
Mourinho's sacking from Chelsea was not a simple sacking though was it? Mourinho could have avoided the sack there, but was unwilling to play the political games required to stay there. I got the distinct impression that he preferred the pay off rather than compromising to stay in place.

The LFC manager's job at the moment is nothing but compromise.

I don't want to change the manager, but if the vacancy arose, I think we could get someone whose experiences so far are a closer fit to our current situation.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #204 on: April 14, 2010, 11:53:30 am »
I don't know what happened at Chelsea to be honest, but if he stood up to him, then that could also be seen as a good thing.

I am a bit of a floater, and I would give Rafa another chance to turn it round. But I don't have much faith in him turning things round. I think too many players seem to have lost their motivation to play for him, and I think Rafa would struggle to get them back on side. I don't enjoy watching us anymore either. Can't remember the last time I was.

If we did have a change, I would just want the best candidate available. It's not as if I really want Mourinho to be our next manager. I just wouldn't want to rule him out because he's a pantomine villain.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #205 on: April 14, 2010, 12:22:07 pm »
I'd like to think this poll shows an accurate picture of Rafa's standing with LFC fans.

But it's not.

Imo, what is not taken into account is a large percentage of Scousers that are dissatisfied with Rafa but will not voice that discontent for fear of being judged disloyal.

I was abso stunned and disgusted to be honest a couple of weeks back to find the majority of my match-going friends & rellos in Liverpool were vehement in their dislike of Rafa and their desire to get rid.  Suspecting an anomaly, I dug deeper into my circle and could find only a couple that were willing to give him more time.

The most telling statement I heard was, and I quote: 'Benitez is a c*nt and only looking out for himself, not LFC.  The only ones that want him to stay are a few arl arses and a bunch of OOT knobheads!'

This from a group of 20 lads going every match home & away for 20 years.  I guess they forgot we were the best team in the Prem last year.

I have to attribute it to 20 years of local frustration.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:50:31 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline caradan

• Main Stander
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2010, 08:44:46 pm »
yes
36-49

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2010, 10:22:29 pm »
It's just the way people dismiss Mourinho for the wrong reasons.

would anyone dismiss Mourinho? I doubt it.
but why would he come to us? It's a laughable notion, hence my amusement.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2010, 09:13:51 am »
The point I'm making is that people like Souness and Whelan played for this club and won a shitload of trophies along the way, so I think they've got far more knowledge about Liverpool FC than any of us do.  To dismiss their opinions because they're not the same as yours is blinkered.

Collymore is the biggest tool in the world but, unfortunately, he's still more qualified to talk about football than any of us.

graeme souness' "great knowledge" of liverpool fc did not enable him to make the simple decision of not selling his story to the sun. 
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline billypilgrimnz

• troll stuck under a bridge in Stoke.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2010, 09:16:55 am »
I don't think we should sack Rafa. We can't afford to.
If he resigned, I wouldn't cry about it. Whether it is a good thing or not depends on his replacement. No point talking about replacements at the moment, its all FM stuff.

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2010, 09:19:38 am »
This survey confirms the fact that those who accuse OOTs to be by nature fickle, glory hunters who are not loyal to the club are possibly over-generalising, if not outright wrong.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2010, 06:54:09 pm »

Too easy that, shouldn't it have also asked me if I'm a gay, straight or a transexual, white, black male or female with a disability?
I think a few on here would have to tick all boxes  ;D

Offline SuperBario

• Main Stander
  • Internet Terrorist (Retired)
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2010, 07:41:50 pm »
Yes
26-35
1985 - Eurocamping in France, after watching the Heysel final on French TV

Offline dzaek

• Paid on the quality of his posts - currently owes the Mods £275
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Please Please The Reds!!!!!
    • The Economics of Football is Astounding!
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2010, 07:02:08 pm »
well, for a manager who has brought his teams to many semis and finals of euro competitions, undoubted rafa has proven himself.

who can replace him and does the same magic?
"The Best Things To Do In Life Are To Do Those Others Believe You Can't." - dzaek

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2010, 08:37:54 am »
Great work with the survey results. Thanks for all the effort!

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2010, 08:57:46 am »
Interesting that the older they get the less happy they are with Rafa.  I would have thought it to be the other way around.  Still an overwhelming majority though.

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2010, 09:27:35 am »
I'd like to think this poll shows an accurate picture of Rafa's standing with LFC fans.

But it's not.

Imo, what is not taken into account is a large percentage of Scousers that are dissatisfied with Rafa but will not voice that discontent for fear of being judged disloyal.

I was abso stunned and disgusted to be honest a couple of weeks back to find the majority of my match-going friends & rellos in Liverpool were vehement in their dislike of Rafa and their desire to get rid.  Suspecting an anomaly, I dug deeper into my circle and could find only a couple that were willing to give him more time.

The most telling statement I heard was, and I quote: 'Benitez is a c*nt and only looking out for himself, not LFC.  The only ones that want him to stay are a few arl arses and a bunch of OOT knobheads!'

This from a group of 20 lads going every match home & away for 20 years.  I guess they forgot we were the best team in the Prem last year.

I have to attribute it to 20 years of local frustration.

I take your point - and if your particular group has a majority not in favour, I can see why this 'result' will not make sense.

However, to say it is wrong is a bit disingenuous.

Fact is that it is a straw poll of people who come online here. From what I have seen, it seems to be a good mix of locals/OOTs, old/young, seasies/day trippers  etc.

I think it is a fair sample and a fair sample size.

If 20 guys go to the match together for years, it would not be strange for them to share views....

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2010, 04:57:16 am »
The majority of people who voted 'No' suggested Mourinho as manager.

this still makes me laugh.

Offline faithplusone01

• Anny Roader
  • Trequartista
« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2010, 06:23:09 am »
Someone forward/send this to somebody like Paul Tomkins.

He'll get the word out and produce a bigger sample, as well as write up a typically excellent article about it too.

Only thing that makes me question the validity of this study is the fact that it has been done pretty much exclusively on RAWK. Get it out there to more people/more websites and we'll keep an eye on it. I'd like to see what the statistics are with the rest of the population of "fans" out there.

If they're anything like the nutjobs that write into F365 and such, I think we'll see the pro-Rafa results fall considerably, but the majority will remain I think.