Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
THIS IS NOT AN IN-GAME COMMENTARY THREAD FOR LIVERPOOL GAMES. STOP USING IT AS ONE

SATURDAY 20TH APRIL

PREMIER LEAGUE

Luton Town V Brentford 15:00
Sheffield United V Burnley 15:00
Wolverhampton Wanderers V Arsenal 19:30 skysports

FA CUP

Abu Dhabi v Chelsea 17:15 BBC One

SUNDAY 21ST APRIL

PREMIER LEAGUE

Everton V Nottingham Forest 13:30 skysports
Aston Villa V AFC Bournemouth 15:00
Crystal Palace V West Ham United 15:00
Fulham V Liverpool 16:30 skysports

FA CUP

Coventry City V Manchester United 15:30 ITV1

TUESDAY 23RD APRIL

Arsenal V Chelsea 20:00 TNT SPORTS

WEDNESDAY 24TH APRIL

Wolverhampton Wanderers V AFC Bournemouth 19:45
Crystal Palace V Saudi Arabia 20:00
Everton V Liverpool 20:00 skysports
Manchester United V Sheffield United 20:00

THURSDAY 25TH APRIL

Brighton & Hove Albion v Abu Dhabi 20:00 skysports
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by decosabute on Today at 02:01:29 pm »
If we get a £100m offer and he's prepared to go, I can pretty much guarantee we'd snap whoever's hand off, I don't think there'd even be a discussion - I don't think that will happen though, because I don't think Salah would want to go to Saudi yet and no European team is offering that.

I think people might need to adjust those expectations a little - whether I/we all agree or not, I think a £50m bid puts the cat firmly amongst the pigeons at board level. Then you're looking at foregoing nearly £70m to get to keep a sub-peak Salah for a single year. That's a lot of money....

I also agree with this. But I'd be less certain about him not wanting to go to Saudi now. A year ago, I'd be certain that a player of Salah's mentality would want to stay in Europe as long as possible and compete for real things. But I also thought for sure that Salah was going to keep producing at an elite level for years to come. Now I'm less sure of that. Maybe he's not sure either.

I still think he'd prefer not to go to Saudi, but if there's a lack of interest in a contract on Liverpool's side and a lack of interest from other top teams in Europe, then who knows how he might react.
« Last post by MonsLibpool on Today at 02:01:10 pm »
Fabinho had 2-3 years left on his contract though. This isn't like Bayern spending £100m on Kane to help them try and win the CL, this is state sponsored sportswashing with little care or regard for actual competitiveness - I mean PIF wouldn't even really care that much which club they plonked him at, it makes no difference to the end goal.

More to the point, why would Saudi offer £100m if they (and we all know) we'd likely sell at £50m? Why not just offer £400m if money is infinite, makes no difference to them.

To be honest, I think we might see a contraction of the Saudi football project - they spent a fortune bringing genuinely household/star name players to the league last summer and guess what, no prime-age top-class footballers want to go there and no-one watches. Even in their own country - the average league attendance is about 8,000.
Their dealings will reduce next summer because of squad size restrictions.  However,  a player like Mo Salah is an exception as he goes beyond just a football. The man is a celebrity and it'd be more of a vanity signing for them.
wonder where will klopp go in a year?

Think he might comeback to us if we dont do too well next year.
Cant see him going to Italy maybe back to Dortmund

I think we should all just take the man on his word. He wants new perspectives and just to enjoy life and the world for an indefinite period. I don’t bloody blame the great man one bit … football is going to the absolute shitter, and he’s exiting at a good time considering his age, status and wealth. World is his oyster and he can do whatever he wants.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the next German Chanceller, next Germany manager, next Japan manager, next Barcelona manager, next Stuttgart manager … all of this more likely than him making a return to us. He seems the kind of guy that closes a chapter and moves on. Returns are rarely sweet.

Whatever he does, Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool has been a fairytale and an amazing experience for me. Whatever happens at the end of this season won’t change that one bit.
« Last post by Haggis36 on Today at 01:59:25 pm »
You're looking at this rationally, from the point of view of limited money. The Saudis have infinite money.
We got 40M for Fabinho.

Salah would raise the image of the whole league, in a way that no other player could. Yes, they can wait a year, but they want to improve the state of their league now.

Fabinho had 2-3 years left on his contract though. This isn't like Bayern spending £100m on Kane to help them try and win the CL, this is state sponsored sportswashing with little care or regard for actual competitiveness - I mean PIF wouldn't even really care that much which club they plonked him at, it makes no difference to the end goal.

More to the point, why would Saudi offer £100m if they (and we all know) we'd likely sell at £50m? Why not just offer £400m if money is infinite, makes no difference to them.

To be honest, I think we might see a contraction of the Saudi football project - they spent a fortune bringing genuinely household/star name players to the league last summer and guess what, no prime-age top-class footballers want to go there and no-one watches. Even in their own country - the average league attendance is about 8,000.
« Last post by steampie on Today at 01:57:58 pm »
We should be biting hands off at anything north of £40m

Jesus, is it still April 1st?
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by kesey on Today at 01:57:40 pm »
Go and have a gander at the local leagues thread on GOT. All the teams they talk about are Wool teams or Welsh. Proper Scousers laaa !

:lmao
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Klopp Template
« Last post by Draex on Today at 01:57:30 pm »
You can look at the numbers if you like. Each team's top 10 most featured players:

Saliba 3962, Gabriel 3822, Rice 3734, White 3565, Odegaard 3514, Saka 3435, Havertz 3304, Raya 3180, Martinelli 2454, Zinchenko 2031 - AVERAGE 3,300

Foden 3680, Rodri 3618, Dias 3503, Walker 3396, Ederson 3334, Haaland 3283, Akanji 3206, Alvarez 3162, Silva 3099, Gvrdiol 1849 - AVERAGE 3,213

Virgil 3532, Diaz 3148, Mcca 3069, Gomez, 2988, Nunez 2860, Salah 2743, Dom 2604, Gakpo 2594, Konate 2524, Kelleher 2400 - AVERAGE 2,846

Caveat: club football only.

I mentioned this before, there is a huge difference in energy levels of a team who continually have to score 2 goals to win a game because they've conceeded themselves early. Having the most goals score in the 75th + minute and most points won from a losing position looks great and woohoo mentality monsters but the toll it must take out of you physically and mentally to keep going to the wall full pelt for 90mins can't be sustainable.

Cheaty and maybe Arsenal play with control and the ball, get ahead and stay ahead, then manage the game out. You expend more energy pressing and chasing goals than you do managing a game to death.
« Last post by MonsLibpool on Today at 01:56:52 pm »
If we get a £100m offer and he's prepared to go, I can pretty much guarantee we'd snap whoever's hand off, I don't think there'd even be a discussion - I don't think that will happen though, because I don't think Salah would want to go to Saudi yet and no European team is offering that.

I think people might need to adjust those expectations a little - whether I/we all agree or not, I think a £50m bid puts the cat firmly amongst the pigeons at board level. Then you're looking at foregoing nearly £70m to get to keep a sub-peak Salah for a single year. That's a lot of money....
From an accouting POV, any transfer fee obviously goes further than it looks on paper and it's not just £xm.

Do we need the money? No because our financial position is very strong.
Would it make our rebuild easier? Of course because the more money you have to invest, the better.

When you look at the players leaving this summer (Thiago and Matip), that also frees up funds to go for a TOP number 6 and a TOP striker that can lead the line. I can bet you that if we let Mo leave for free, people will be wondering why we didn't take the money in a year or two year's time just like when we let some midfielders go for nothing over a few years.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Last post by Clayton Bigsby on Today at 01:55:58 pm »
The early shouts of The New Gerrard were always going to weigh heavy when he had a dip. He is 23 years old, will get better as he gets used to the league and is already a goal threat. Just relax
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10