Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 140500 times)

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2010, 10:27:14 am »
Halfway through reading those quotes, I felt sick to the pit of my stomach. Is there even a single quote where he's not passed the buck after a defeat?

that is after six months imagine at the end of the season where we will be around mid table with less goals scored then conceded with 3 away wins, Roy will probably blame on Global warming
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2010, 10:29:16 am »
What a marvellously fantastic Manager Roy Hodgson is. I love him. He never, ever contradicts himself. Always holds his hands up and admits he's wrong. Never blames anyone else for his shortcomings and really gets the Club, The City, the Fans and the Job he's in.

He's excellent.

And by Excellent, I mean rubbish.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2010, 10:31:15 am »
What a marvellously fantastic Manager Roy Hodgson is. I love him. He never, ever contradicts himself. Always holds his hands up and admits he's wrong. Never blames anyone else for his shortcomings and really gets the Club, The City, the Fans and the Job he's in.

He's excellent.

And by Excellent, I mean rubbish.

Yes we got the sarcasm after the first opening line :P
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Pilchard

• Kopite
  • Bring back the 'friendly' derbies
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2010, 10:38:49 am »
Some real quotes.

"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated."

"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that".

"I'm just one of the people who stands on the kop. They think the same as I do, and I think the same as they do. It's a kind of marriage of people who like each other."

"Where are you from?"
"I'm a Liverpool fan from London."
"Well laddie . . . . What's it like to be in heaven?"

All from Bill Shankly.

Now stop getting upset at the Hodgson shite and start to enjoy the rest of the day. :thumbup

Scouse Separatist

Offline TopKopster

• Anny Roader
  • Boring
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2010, 10:43:10 am »
What a lovely example of us sticking by our own this thread is.  Nobody is going to claim Roy has covered himself in glory since he took the job but when we are starting our own threads taking the piss out of him why don't we all just go and post on GOT forum as we're doing their bitter job for them.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2010, 10:46:55 am »
What a lovely example of us sticking by our own this thread is.  Nobody is going to claim Roy has covered himself in glory since he took the job but when we are starting our own threads taking the piss out of him why don't we all just go and post on GOT forum as we're doing their bitter job for them.
Its a list of actual quotes, its not as if anything has been made up to take the piss.  Of course if anyone was going to make up a list of quotes you should never hear from the manager of LFC then a lot of those would be on there

ohh and to add:  He is not one of our own, you only have to look at some of those quotes to see that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline petrichor

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2010, 10:48:19 am »
latest quotes:

"I am more than happy to take responsibility for this squad but it takes a coach more than five or six months to make his stamp on a club.

"I am hoping we will do some good business in transfer windows to come and then I will be able say, 'If you don't like it then I have no one to blame but myself'."

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2010, 10:49:12 am »
Thanks for that comprehensive Hodgsonography.

Anyone have the number for the Samaritans?
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2010, 10:50:05 am »

Since when was Roy Hodgson one of our own? He clearly doesn't consider himself as such.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2010, 11:02:11 am »
Hate is a very strong word and something I would not associate with a Liverpool manager but.....
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2010, 11:06:24 am »

None of it is lies apart from his so it's just things he has said if he didn't talk shit there would be nothing to quote.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2010, 11:06:58 am »
JimBoardman Jim Boardman
RT @evanfanning: @JimBoardman More Hodgson 'inaccuracy' in those quotes. Roy took over Fulham in Dec 07; Harry at Spurs in Nov 08
8 minutes ago
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2010, 11:12:05 am »
"But it is often the case that when things are conspiring against you..."

Sums it up for me. Everybody and everything else is at fault. How can it be Roy? He's managed Xabadoo Xabadee and the Swiss national team. You don't go from being the greatest manager in the world to being inept, out of touch and a terrible PR man overnight do you? Oh.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2010, 11:14:19 am »

No one is having to do anything. The posts were put there with no comment. Just reading them is disgusting enough. As Rafa said - every press conference is worse than the last and he doesn't know what he's talking about. If you're happy that a Liverpool Manager can get the club as little as he does and you're happy that he blames everyone and anyone rather than himself and you're happy that he regularly has a go at the players and club and fans in public then fair play to you.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2010, 11:35:57 am »
Hate him.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2010, 11:51:25 am »
3 October: "I don't understand questions about Liverpool and Fulham players being different types"
I don't understand questions about Liverpool and Fulham players being different types. At the moment arguably one or two of the players that are suggested as being very different to the Fulham players maybe aren't playing any better than the Fulham players played. So maybe people should be having a look at that.

Never seen that before, that's fucking ridiculous.

Don't know why some people are having a go at his physical appearance though? Seems a bit snide and pointless. I could put up with seeing the elephant man in charge of us if the results were up to scratch.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:57:30 am by WorldChampions »

Offline olsen_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • Vygotskijs unwanted child
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2010, 11:52:09 am »
From Friday...

Did he just write off the season ?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video?video=channels/339821/1111855&cc=5901

Did he REALLY speak off "next season"? Now I´m depressed.
Henderson will dance and sing as Mr. Kuyt flies through the ring, don´t be late  :D

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2010, 12:10:14 pm »
Roy's like that mate who comes to you and asks if he can crash in your place for a couple of nights while his house is being renovated.  And then after a week, he says that the renovation might take just one more week and asks if he can stay for that period.  You say alright and don't even ask for rent.  Then a week later, he shows no signs of moving.  So, you ask him for rent and he gives you a story about how the renovations have emptied his bank account.  So, you feel bad for him and let him stay a little longer and a couple of months passes by.  So, you go ask him for rent and another sad story about his wife leaving him comes out.  So, you let him crash for another couple of months.  And you ask him for rent again, he says he'll give you the rent in a weeks time.  A week later, he doesn't bring the topic up at all and doesn't pay rent at all and before you know it, its already 6 months and he's stayed at your place, had a fair few wanks sitting on the couch and hasn't paid a penny in rent.  And he shows no signs of moving out or paying rent. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2010, 12:15:52 pm »
9 September: "Unbelievably overstaffed" (After beating West Brom)
We were unbelievably over-staffed when I came to the club and, if the truth be known, we still are over-staffed. It was just as big a job making sure some of the players who never feature for the first team move on and that we limit our squad to players who are either in the frame to play first-team football or who have a bright future who are still anxious to play academy and reserve team football.

10 September: "We'll have ample quality to see us through" (see also 30 October)
I preferred to put my weight behind David Ngog and Ryan Babel, who's never really been given a proper chance at centre-forward at the club. We have Fernando Torres, we have good players who can play behind a lone striker. I'm hoping that between now and Christmas we'll have ample quality to see us through that period. And in the meantime we have chance to do thorough scouting so that if the money is available, we could look into the situation again. I will be using David Ngog and Ryan Babel in certain games to give Fernando Torres a rest and it's up to them to prove to me that there's no need to look further than them.

26 November: "We won't need to do too much in the January transfer window" (After beating West Ham)
I have a very clear picture now of what we should and need to be doing and the squad is stronger and getting stronger. It was probably stronger than I realised at certain stages in the early part of the season when we were losing games. Hopefully that will mean we won't need to do too much in the January transfer window

14 December: "Unless there is a major influx of cash into the club..." (After losing to Newcastle)
Unless there is a major influx of cash into the club and the team is going to be changed from one moment to the next, then whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players.

I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2010, 12:47:17 pm »
Hadn't seen some of those quotes before. Thanks for posting.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Aquilani 4

• The Human News Aggregator.
  • Kopite
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2010, 12:50:57 pm »

" Unbelievable,” said the Liverpool manager, when asked whether his approach could be applied on Merseyside as effectively as it was in west London. “How many clubs have I had in 35 years? What do you mean, do my methods translate? They translated from Halmstads to Malmo to Orebro to Neuchâtel Xamax to the Swiss national team.

“The question is quite frankly insulting, I suppose. That question is suggesting something. To suggest that suddenly because you move from one club to another, the methods that have stood you in good stead for 35 years and made you one of the most respected coaches in the Europe suddenly do not work. I find it very, very hard to believe that someone has even asked me that question.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8038680/Roy-Hodgson-launches-strident-defence-of-his-start-to-life-as-Liverpool-manager.html

Concerning the poor start to the current campaign, he added: "Like everyone else I get really immersed in the subject. I start looking through the eye of the microscope at the miniscule particles of dust, trying to see if there is an atom there. Maybe it is just a bit of dust."

http://ww.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2010/10/17/2169757/roy-hodgson-it-would-be-a-sad-day-for-football-if-liverpool-sack

" Agger missed two weeks with the injury he picked up in the Sunderland game but he made a miraculous recovery in order to go and play for Denmark "

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1211202-daniel-agger-and-roy-hodgson-on-liverpool-fc-collision-course.html

“To get a result here - against Everton - would have been Utopia,” said the Liverpool manager. “But I can only analyse the performance. There is no point trying to analyse dreams.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8069730/Liverpool-manager-Roy-Hodgson-digs-deep-for-positives-following-derby-defeat-to-Everton.html

"He did well but the fact is he came on in extra-time and people were tiring. We think Jonjo Shelvey is a player with a bright future, but I have to say I am not in the mood for talking about positives "

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-s-view-on-cup-defeat

" The protest does not help but it is something I have had to live with since I came to the club "

" it is often the case that when things are conspiring against you there is always an extra thing to come in and make it that little bit worse "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/24/roy-hodgson-liverpool-owners

“We didn’t score goals and Everton did but I refuse to accept that we were in any way outplayed or any way inferior. I watched the performance and the second half was as good as I saw a Liverpool team play under my management that is for sure.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/18/roy-hodgson-david-moyes-merseyside-derby

"For me, it was a very simple decision when I heard he - poulsen - might be available at what we considered to be a very reasonable price. "

"We need as many good players as we can get and if you let these opportunities pass you by, sometimes you can regret it.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/boss-an-easy-decision

on Northampton " They'll be a formidable challenge - there's no question about that. "

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-show-us-you-are-lfc-class

on Dalla Valle " I didn't have a strong opinion on him one way or another but Malcolm Elias (from Fulham's academy) did. The lad's got the quality to go into a first-team contingent."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/boss-hopeful-on-konchesky

"You look around you and realise you have given all the quality players time off to prepare for the game on Saturday and you would like desperately to bring on maybe one of those players - that is one of the things that has affected my thinking

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-manager-Roy-Hodgson-says-Steven-Gerrard-is-not-injured-but-is-being-rested-for-the-Euro-tie-with-Utrecht-article590957.html

" We deserved our point "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9030545.stm

" we don't play with wingers "

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-reacts-to-utrecht-draw

"At the end of May I was having a fantastic moment and here at the beginning of October I'm having bad moments. But I don't think I have suddenly changed or lost any ability which has served me so well in 35 years of coaching."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/hodgson-ive-not-lost-ability-to-coach-overnight-2098637.html

Asked if he was concerned with Liverpool's away form, the manager replied: "Give me a chance to bugger it up myself first! "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/23/liverpool-roy-hodgson-manchester-city

"I have watched it again. Fernando Torres made a meal of it," the United manager told reporters. "An absolute meal of it. There is no doubt he tried to get the player sent off."

Ferguson's incendiary remarks were in sharp contrast to the measured response of his Liverpool counterpart.

"I prefer to talk about the game and talk about issues that interest me," declared Roy Hodgson. "Mr Ferguson is entitled to any opinion he wants to have but I'm not going to come here and say I agree or disagree.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6388277,00.html

" Jamie Carragher was bombing down there like Carlos Alberto of old "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1324164/You-Roy-Liverpool-manager-Hodgson-compares-braveheart-Jamie-Carragher-Brazil-great-Carlos-Alberto.html

"To Blackburn's honour, Jack Walker wanted me to resign, he wanted to still pay for the rest of my contract. He said, 'Why don't you resign? You've had enough, it's not working out.' I refused to do that, arrogant of course as I was in those days.

"I thought if they stuck with me I'd save them from relegation. I do think that the players were very much still with me, so I couldn't resign because that would be a suggestion that in some way I was doing something or something was happening which I didn't see to be the case or the truth. I gave him no choice but to sack me, so they behaved very honourably in that way. I did take it very hard, but that's a personal thing."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/mar/11/roy-hodgson-fulham-blackburn-rovers

" I saw the statistics the other day from the Everton game and I've never in my Premier League career seen statistics as positive as they were in terms of passing, accuracy and tempo of passing, number of shots and crosses "

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item520954/Hodgson:-We-are-on-the-right-track/

“We were unbelievably overstaffed when I came to the club and, if the truth be known, we still are overstaffed,”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-10/liverpool-s-hodgson-says-club-overstaffed-mirror-says-soccer-roundup.html

" to be honest it would have been unfortunate for them if we'd won the game tonight "

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-reacts-to-utrecht-draw

" I understand Rijkaard has just been sacked from Galatasaray - he must be a great manager to have been sacked by Galatasaray "

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6465139,00.html

" I don't want to be taking people's leftovers. We've got those types of players ourselves "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/30/liverpool-fernando-torres-jose-reina

" I was disappointed - and I've told him this - that he - Dalglish - applied for the job in the summer because I don't think that was ever really going to happen for him."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=837730&sec=england&cc=4716&campaign=rss&source=soccernet

on Johnson " Perhaps you should ask him, "Do you think you are playing at the top of your form? Do you think you are really performing like the best right back in the country when you play for your club?" If the answer is "yes", then we will have to agree to differ. If it is "no", you could ask him why not "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1329267/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-impressed-defender-Glen-Johnson.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

on Meireles " I'm not really hopeful on that (filling the void left by Gerrard) "

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=844249&sec=england&cc=4716

" Our fitness coach, Darren, in his naivety and frustration, was foolish enough to voice an opinion on Twitter "

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/gerrard-asks-hodgson-to-stop-the-england-injury-furore-2138953.html

"I am not getting into the fans. If I am to be frank, the way you have been writing has made my position a lot worse than the fans," Hodgson said. "You can take that as you want. Every time I speak to you about fans, you seem to have a complete monopoly on how every fan thinks. How many of them? There will always be a certain number of people who wanted a different manager and are probably still unhappy they did not get that manager.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/20/liverpool-roy-hodgson-steve-gerrard

'There are two games this year which have done us untold damage,' he said. 'The first was when a total reserve team - although it does not seem to have been noticed we had 14 first-team players who didn't play - lost to Northampton in the Carling Cup.

'The other was the disastrous (2-1) defeat to Blackpool at the end of a three-match week when we played in Europe.

'Those two defeats were costly for us because they encouraged people to make bold conclusions but we've lost one defeat in eight (in all competitions).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1331745/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-blasts-critics-You-wrote-far-early-season.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

'Don't ask me what a good season is because I don't know "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1331745/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-blasts-critics-You-wrote-far-early-season.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

before Tottenham match “We’ve had a very good run now and one defeat in eight is a good run at any stage of the season,” Hodgson said.

“We have to be happy with that but we are not stupid. We know that if you go to Tottenham it could be two defeats in nine but if we play like we did against West Ham we can make sure Tottenham don’t have a cake-walk.

“And if we can keep Fernando Torres and David Ngog firing we may spring a surprise.

“Wins are hard to come by against the top teams and we have got to admit that Tottenham are no longer the Tottenham of old.

“They are a top team and have recently beaten the European champions in the Champions League. It is an expensively assembled team and we are not playing against mugs anymore.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/11/26/strikers-key-to-liverpool-fc-s-capital-mission-says-roy-hodgson-100252-27720341/

“I’m afraid in this league away victories are hard to come by.

“I believe if we continue to play the way we did against West Ham we may get one or two

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/11/26/strikers-key-to-liverpool-fc-s-capital-mission-says-roy-hodgson-100252-27720341/2/

on away form "I've had several bad experiences," he said. "Even at Halmstad in the 70s, in the year we won our second championship, it took until the second half of the season to win our first game away and that broke a record going back two seasons. We went over two seasons without winning an away game, which is quite strange for a team that won the league in '76 and again in '79."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/nov/27/liverpool-roy-hodgson

"The only team with better results than us over the past five or six games is Arsenal or Manchester United. If you take the last five or six games we are right up there in terms of results.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-our-owners-are-right

" unless there is a major influx of players, whoever takes my place will be doing a similar job with similar players.

“I cannot do more than I am doing, I cannot work harder, I cannot work better

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8201782/Liverpool-v-FC-Utrecht-Roy-Hodgson-says-more-cash-is-best-way-to-help-struggling-Anfield-club.html

"He's - Gerrard - desperate to get back but with my recent history of saying things and then not getting them right,

"I think I should be extremely cagey and say I've got no idea if he'll be there or not, we'll wait and see, et cetera, et cetera.

"There'll be no more bold statements from me on any player at least for the foreseeable future."

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1211843-roy-hodgson-tight-lipped-over-steven-gerrards-liverpool-fc-return.html

Chippy and defensive after the game, he ended his press conference in a sharp exchange with a journalist from Scandinavia who questioned the lack of supply to Torres.

'Are you from Denmark?' Hodgson asked (he considers the Danish press too negative).

'No, Norway,' replied the visitor. 'Ah, two countries I never want to work in again,' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1321356/Who-says-Liverpool-relegated.html

And The Winner Is :

“Everyone I know in football respects the job I’m doing here and aren’t too surprised it hasn’t been an easy start. In fact, 95 per cent would have predicted it as [Jose] Mourinho did. ‘Liverpool will get worse and worse’ is what he said and if the great man Mourinho says it, I don’t know why you don’t quote him!”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8164992/Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Liverpool-no-old-pals-act-as-Harry-Redknapp-and-Roy-Hodgson-become-foes-for-a-day.html
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:52:47 pm by Aquilani 4 »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2010, 12:52:53 pm »
" Agger missed two weeks with the injury he picked up in the Sunderland game but he made a miraculous recovery in order to go and play for Denmark "

That was the point where I went from being indifferent to despising the man.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2010, 01:01:00 pm »
I simply cannot wait for this old man, who is so far out of his depth he has lost all sense of reason, to be put out of his misery.

It's all well and good for Brian Reade to ask us to trust NESV and have patience, but we have trusted owners before (Moores and G&H) and it hasn't worked out. It's time for owners to prove they will make the correct decisions when it matters. There is simply no logic behind letting this charade continue. He can take Konch, Cole and Poulsen with him.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2010, 01:05:37 pm »
The fans at Anfield at each game need to show publicly that most of us want rid.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2010, 01:09:00 pm »
“Everyone I know in football respects the job I’m doing here and aren’t too surprised it hasn’t been an easy start. In fact, 95 per cent would have predicted it as [Jose] Mourinho did. ‘Liverpool will get worse and worse’ is what he said and if the great man Mourinho says it, I don’t know why you don’t quote him!”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8164992/Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Liverpool-no-old-pals-act-as-Harry-Redknapp-and-Roy-Hodgson-become-foes-for-a-day.html

Oh my. Forgot about that little gem.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2010, 01:11:27 pm »
[/u]“Everyone I know in football respects the job I’m doing here and aren’t too surprised it hasn’t been an easy start. In fact, 95 per cent would have predicted it as [Jose] Mourinho did. ‘Liverpool will get worse and worse’ is what he said and if the great man Mourinho says it, I don’t know why you don’t quote him!”

How did I miss this? What the fuck.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2010, 01:12:29 pm »
The fans at Anfield at each game need to show publicly that most of us want rid.

Haven't you heard?  The match going fans are right behind Hodgson.  A couple of posters on here regularly canvass our entire support home and away.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:14:52 pm by jDJ »

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2010, 01:43:38 pm »
On Pacheco and Kelly recently signing new contracts until 2014.

"When you have got young quality players like them who you have invested time and money in then it's important to keep them at the club - otherwise someone else gets the benefit of the investment you've put in - not only money but terms of your coaching of the players.

Changed his tune since he sold Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic to bring in fooking Konchesky hasn't he?  ::)

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2010, 01:48:38 pm »
He makes me sick with some of his comments.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2010, 01:51:43 pm »

Concerning the poor start to the current campaign, he added: "Like everyone else I get really immersed in the subject. I start looking through the eye of the microscope at the miniscule particles of dust, trying to see if there is an atom there. Maybe it is just a bit of dust."

http://ww.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2010/10/17/2169757/roy-hodgson-it-would-be-a-sad-day-for-football-if-liverpool-sack

This one takes the cake for sheer comic relief as Roy reveals his lack of knowledge in elementary physics. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2010, 01:57:31 pm »
if i anin't a supporter of the club, i'd be pretty much enjoying the entertainment from roy....

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2010, 01:58:40 pm »
Should of mentioned the Ticket office hold music with him droning on in the background, This is roy hodgson have a merry christmas and a happy new year hope you all get what you wish for.

I really don't think he means the last bit because if he does he'll be out of a job in January.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2010, 02:07:47 pm »
Liverpool will get worse and worse, so says the great c*nt? Well I remember that quote was made before Rafa left. So if he didn't think he could turn it around why take the job in the first place? Bizarre.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline theallseeingeye

• Main Stander
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2010, 03:51:40 pm »
The Reds boss believes he is still working with a squad he has largely inherited and remains convinced that the right acquisitions could see him have a similar impact to the one Harry Redknapp has had at Tottenham.

"It is starting to feel more like my side," said Hodgson.

"But it is still a team that I have not put together. I want to make that clear. I took the team over and I have not made that many changes. I brought in [Paul] Konchesky to play left back, Raul Meireles to replace [Javier] Mascherano and Joe Cole came in at the same time as me as well as Christian Poulsen. The other players I have inherited.

"I think I would be a good comparison with Tottenham because Harry [Redknapp] came in there just as I came into Fulham so he will just be completing three years and he has brought in a lot of players. So to really call it my team, I would have had to make a slightly bigger impact on those who have been brought in.

"I am more than happy to take responsibility for this squad but it takes a coach more than five or six months to make his stamp on a club. I am hoping we will do some good business in the transfer windows to come and then I will be able say, 'If you don't like it then I have no one to blame but myself'."

:butt

were to you start with that quote?  masch was replaced by poulsen(like the way you've made out roy you had nothing to do with it.), alberto was replaced by Meireles. also if them 5 players that he signed are 1st team starters what about the other 6:

riena
johnson
carragher
gerrard
kuyt
torres
they not good enough for your 1st eleven roy. god help us.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:03:46 pm by theallseeingeye »

Offline Jay-J

• Main Stander
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2010, 03:56:52 pm »
Doesnt make for great reading.

Offline iga

• Main Stander
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2010, 04:03:23 pm »
At least the dressing room is a much happier place with Uncle Roy's arm-around-the-shoulder approach to man-management.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2010, 04:04:05 pm »
So depressed reading this thread.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2010, 04:04:22 pm »
 >:(

Give him a break FFS. Did we ever start a thread like this about Rafa?
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2010, 04:05:16 pm »

Yeah, his quotes were inspiring though.

Offline theallseeingeye

• Main Stander
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2010, 04:05:31 pm »

love to. his neck just like jez did to kes.