Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 140466 times)

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #360 on: December 21, 2010, 06:25:35 pm »
We'll know exactly what the future holds for him when we see what the deals are in January.

It looks to me that he isn't getting money because he keeps asking for it publicly - which looks like an attempt to get the fans to lobby for him to be able to spend.

Ha.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #361 on: December 21, 2010, 06:36:20 pm »
I just misread the title of the thread.

I read it as "6 months in, Roy Hodgson quits"

Gutted

Fuck

Arse

Sweaty bollocks

Gutted
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #362 on: December 21, 2010, 06:45:47 pm »
I just misread the title of the thread.

I read it as "6 months in, Roy Hodgson quits"

Gutted

Fuck

Arse

Sweaty bollocks

Gutted

This would be better:

"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: December 21, 2010, 06:47:23 pm »
Can we start a collection for his pay off? If everyone of us pledges even a fiver each we could get it together in time before the jan window opens to get rid.

I'll happily put in to start the collection. Who else is in??
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #364 on: December 21, 2010, 06:49:05 pm »
Do you reckon they're waiting for the season's end because he gets much less of a pay off if he doesn't get top six or something..?

Because he won't get top six. There are clearly at least five teams better than us and the likes of Bolton and Sunderland look more consistent too...and they can get more away from home that us.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #365 on: December 21, 2010, 06:50:04 pm »
Can we start a collection for his pay off? If everyone of us pledges even a fiver each we could get it together in time before the jan window opens to get rid.

count me in

signed John Henry

if only !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #366 on: December 21, 2010, 06:50:53 pm »
Do you reckon they're waiting for the season's end because he gets much less of a pay off if he doesn't get top six or something..?

Because he won't get top six. There are clearly at least five teams better than us and the likes of Bolton and Sunderland look more consistent too...and they can get more away from home that us.

What size of a pay off would that have to be in order to make missing out on CL revenue, Europa League revenue and Premiership table prize money seem like a good idea?
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: December 21, 2010, 07:00:38 pm »
"Rijkaard has just been sacked from Galatasaray - he must be a great manager to have been sacked by Galatasaray! What you are talking about is Frank Rijkaard’s agent putting his name around. It is all speculation."

Classy.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #368 on: December 21, 2010, 07:58:26 pm »

If we could really do this, I don't think it would be an impossible task to raise money to pay him off. He's wrecking the club. At this rate we'll be delirious that we've ever been in the top flight and celebrating an away win like an Istanbul Final Win.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 1892RedMatt

• Main Stander
« Reply #369 on: December 21, 2010, 07:59:00 pm »
#Twitition We want Rafa back at Liverpool FC! http://twitition.com/4pn29

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: December 21, 2010, 08:07:58 pm »
count me in

signed John Henry

if only !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think of it as our very own 'secret santa'. Will only cost you a fiver except this time you'll know what you are getting in return for yours.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Jocko

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #371 on: December 21, 2010, 08:08:26 pm »
It's fucking ruining my life this. I'm in complete despair at how this man remains in the job.

Someone posted about finishing below Bolton and Sunderland. Fucking hell, what is going on?

There is no objectivity left. There is nothing to point to and say "look he is making a difference there", "some progress here", "good signing needing to bed in". There is nothing, zip, zero, fuck all.

He's taken us to new lows; Blackpool at home, bigging up Birmingham, scrapping a 2-2 after been shown up against Sunderland, humilated at Goodison.

Now there is talk of Shaun Wright Phillips. Jesus Christ who writes this man's material. It's like a black comedy.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #372 on: December 22, 2010, 09:16:11 am »
I'll no doubt get the blame for the weather, but it's not my weather. The snow that's
here,i'll try my best, bearing in mind i've made successful snowmmen now for 35 years, man and boy.If
it was needed in a few weeks i could try and get some more,some snow that's thicker and
snow that i can work with,to put my stamp on.
All i'm asking is give me time, and i'll build it Judge me after 10 inches.
*rubs face *
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: December 22, 2010, 09:31:34 am »
This would be better:

QUALITY... Now lets hope this turns in reality very very soon...  :wave
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #374 on: December 22, 2010, 10:10:49 am »
Mark Lawrenson: Roy Hodgson must realise he is managing Liverpool FC

A NEW Year’s resolution for Roy Hodgson?

To realise that what works for one club can’t work for every club.

His away record as a club manager is pretty dismal but at Fulham that didn’t really matter.

He had a way of playing that got them results and their home form was so good everyone was happy.

But this is Liverpool now and no matter what anyone says, it is NOT just any club.

Expectations are different here and fans want to see a bit of adventure and try to win games on the road.

The signs were there at Tottenham and Newcastle – now it needs to reap rewards.

GAMES being called off even when pitches are playable? What’s going on?

It’s quite simple. As a fan going to a game, if you think you will fall over don’t go.

Let supporters make their own decisions – if people want to get somewhere they will get there

Travelling in snow and ice is not safe – but neither is crossing the road.

So deal with it.

Read More http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/12/22/mark-lawrenson-roy-hodgson-must-realise-he-is-managing-liverpool-fc-92534-27866695/#ixzz18pldrb24
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: December 22, 2010, 10:30:41 am »
I have no time for lawrenson, but for once he has posted something sensible

GAMES being called off even when pitches are playable? What’s going on?

It’s quite simple. As a fan going to a game, if you think you will fall over don’t go.

Unsurprisingly it has got fuck all to do with actual football.

Back on track here though

The signs were there at Tottenham and Newcastle – now it needs to reap rewards.

Newcastle Mark? Fuck me.

Roys quotes are now getting to the stage of Fat Sams twitters.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #376 on: December 22, 2010, 10:49:00 am »
"Rijkaard has just been sacked from Galatasaray - he must be a great manager to have been sacked by Galatasaray! What you are talking about is Frank Rijkaard’s agent putting his name around. It is all speculation."

Classy.

Especially considering he himself was sacked by Blackburn, Udinese and the UAE to name three. Although, in these cases Roy likes to point out that people should not judge him on this alone.

Media savvy? That's a good one...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 10:54:49 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #377 on: December 22, 2010, 11:14:22 am »
The one about Alder Hey posted in the Auld arses thread is a new low, how someone can go giving out prezzies to sick kids at Crimbo and come out of it like a panto villain is way beyond me.
Cool down and play

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: December 22, 2010, 11:23:01 am »
The one about Alder Hey posted in the Auld arses thread is a new low, how someone can go giving out prezzies to sick kids at Crimbo and come out of it like a panto villain is way beyond me.

Can you explain here please?

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: December 22, 2010, 11:24:48 am »
Once Lawrenson and Cascarino have turned on you, it's all over.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #380 on: December 22, 2010, 11:29:58 am »
Can you explain here please?
Hope this works - from the official site, players visiting the kids in Alder Hey, watch the little lad doing his Hodge Podge impression around 1:45  ;D
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/Features/Reds-spread-Fes-23313.php3
Yeah I watched this earlier and could have throttled the owl when he said Alder Hey is the second best kids hospital in the country.  If it wasn't for Alder Hey and Myrtle st before it I wouldn't have a daughter talking about getting married next year,

the guy's plain inept. gives owls a bad name
Cool down and play

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #381 on: December 22, 2010, 11:41:22 am »
Once Lawrenson and Cascarino have turned on you, it's all over.

Add Steve Clarridge to that list. I made the mistake of tuning in to Five Live on the way home from work last night and just as I did so he was (once again) sticking the boot in on Rafa along the lines of:

"...it amazes me how Roy is afforded no patience at all on Merseyside, whereas the previous manager, who left the club in the mess it's in now - and who does'nt deserve it - is afforded it in bucket loads!".

It amazes you does it, Steve? All I can say is you obviously have absolutely no idea at all about what is expected at our club. That's fair enough, but in that case, do the world a favour and keep your mouth shut on subjects that you simply do not understand.

If it wasn't laughable and if it wasn't for the fact that a large number of people will listen to what this idiot has to say and then take it on board as fact, it would just be downright depressing.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #382 on: December 22, 2010, 11:42:42 am »
I know Roy didn't mean to cause offence, but why come out with something like that anyway? ALL childrens hospitals ARE just as important as each other and i'm sure everyone involved with those hospitals are tryin their utmost to make those children better or as comfortable as they can be.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: December 22, 2010, 11:45:03 am »
I know Roy didn't mean to cause offence, but why come out with something like that anyway? ALL childrens hospitals ARE just as important as each other and i'm sure everyone involved with those hospitals are tryin their utmost to make those children better or as comfortable as they can be.

You can't change your innermost nature.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #384 on: December 22, 2010, 11:46:46 am »

he's just a blatherer who doesn't seem to think about the position of responsibility that he's in and that what he says is actually important and not just for filling space.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: December 22, 2010, 11:49:22 am »
Roy is such a fool.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:02:16 pm by Suso »

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #386 on: December 22, 2010, 12:11:02 pm »

Having almost lost our 2 week old daughter to a heart problem in August , and seeing her saved in two children's hospitals in Dublin, I would be quite happy to take anyone who said one was "more important" than the other and kick them from one hospital to the other ad infinitum. Is there no end to this man's insensitivity and idiocy? A gentleman? My arse.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #387 on: December 22, 2010, 12:20:48 pm »
jekijack Muhammad Jaka
by torres9gerrard
Hodgson "I can't do any better" ; Pepe Reina "I can do better" ; Ambition

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #388 on: December 22, 2010, 12:23:18 pm »
Its embarrasing to read these. Still reckon he has been given an easy ride in the press.

What i dont understand is how on earth he still has a job?
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #389 on: December 22, 2010, 12:26:54 pm »
He came out with it because he is nothing short of a blithering idiot.

Offline Festy

• Kopite
  • Best RAWK poster of the year 2010-11

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #391 on: December 22, 2010, 12:48:37 pm »
When will Hodgson do his Christmas message to the fans?

Can't wait for that.

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #392 on: December 22, 2010, 12:50:27 pm »
I'm having trouble taking my eyes of that BBC sport website mock up. I'm looking at it the same way I look at the first pint on Friday evening

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #393 on: December 22, 2010, 12:56:23 pm »

Classy.
Forgot that one, Genuinely vindictive.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #394 on: December 22, 2010, 01:15:32 pm »
Still reckon he has been given an easy ride in the press.

You recon?

Imagine if Rafa had said even half of the things Roy has. Just imagine the shit storm.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #395 on: December 22, 2010, 01:19:06 pm »
When will Hodgson do his Christmas message to the fans?

Can't wait for that.

As long as it has in, "I'll take some great memories from my time at Liverpool" I'll be happy.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #396 on: December 22, 2010, 01:23:49 pm »
As long as it has in, "I'll take some great memories from my time at Liverpool" I'll be happy.

I'll be even happier if it has this in, "I'll take Poulsen and Konchesky from my time at Liverpool".

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: December 22, 2010, 01:23:51 pm »
The situation as I see it is like some horrific, heart-wrenching chick flick.

We wrongfully dumped our girlfriend who gave us the best sex we've had in 20 years because one night she came home and decided she was too tired despite guaranteeing us hot passionate sex for another time. We were spoilt. A lot of us demanded more sex but she just couldn't deliver, certainly not under the strain of mass public disputes with our parents who wanted her gone for a couple of years and even tried to replace her once with Susan Boyle.

She emotionally left for Italy where a slick Italian fello was looking for a new girl to do a steady job even though it would be impossible for her to measure up to the previous bird who had done everything in the bedroom.

Meanwhile we moped about a bit, perhaps shouted explicits at our parents for forcing her out, "Yes we've had a poor year together but think of all the memories we shared. How can we possibly find someone better?!"

"Don't worry sons, we've got for you an even better girl, the LMA girl of the year, she's not really a looker, heck her personality leaves a lot to be desired but what you need is stability right now and we've got just the girl."

And so a tumultuous relationship began. The girl knew she was out of her depth from day one. We tried to see the positives but with every passing week she grated more and more on us. She would come home and say "Why do we need to have sex? Judge me in the bedroom after a year and not tonight, I've done wonderful things in here with my previous boyfriend, once he nearly got his condom almost on but it was just a second too late."

Whilst swigging a bottle of whisky one night we sat reclined on our sofa watching the news and noticed that our previous girlfriend, the one we've been pining the loss of in comparison to our new bimbo, was having a tough time as well. She didn't have the glint in her eye that we had seen so often in our home city. She didn't suit her new boyfriend and our new girlfriend definitely didn't suit us.

One night we recieved news our former beauty had returned. She invited us round for tea, "We'll be right over!" We exclaimed in excitement. We hurriedly grabbed our coat and put our shoes on, opened the front door, were about to excitedly step out when we heard a noise:

"And just where do you think you're going?"

It was Roysalina.

We dejectedly closed the door, hung our coat back up and like lambs being sent to the slaughter, slowly followed her upstairs for another night of abject failure.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: December 22, 2010, 04:07:25 pm »
:wellin
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #399 on: December 22, 2010, 04:16:20 pm »
The situation as I see it is like some horrific, heart-wrenching chick flick.

We wrongfully dumped our girlfriend who gave us the best sex we've had in 20 years because one night she came home and decided she was too tired despite guaranteeing us hot passionate sex for another time. We were spoilt. A lot of us demanded more sex but she just couldn't deliver, certainly not under the strain of mass public disputes with our parents who wanted her gone for a couple of years and even tried to replace her once with Susan Boyle.

She emotionally left for Italy where a slick Italian fello was looking for a new girl to do a steady job even though it would be impossible for her to measure up to the previous bird who had done everything in the bedroom.

Meanwhile we moped about a bit, perhaps shouted explicits at our parents for forcing her out, "Yes we've had a poor year together but think of all the memories we shared. How can we possibly find someone better?!"

"Don't worry sons, we've got for you an even better girl, the LMA girl of the year, she's not really a looker, heck her personality leaves a lot to be desired but what you need is stability right now and we've got just the girl."

And so a tumultuous relationship began. The girl knew she was out of her depth from day one. We tried to see the positives but with every passing week she grated more and more on us. She would come home and say "Why do we need to have sex? Judge me in the bedroom after a year and not tonight, I've done wonderful things in here with my previous boyfriend, once he nearly got his condom almost on but it was just a second too late."

Whilst swigging a bottle of whisky one night we sat reclined on our sofa watching the news and noticed that our previous girlfriend, the one we've been pining the loss of in comparison to our new bimbo, was having a tough time as well. She didn't have the glint in her eye that we had seen so often in our home city. She didn't suit her new boyfriend and our new girlfriend definitely didn't suit us.

One night we recieved news our former beauty had returned. She invited us round for tea, "We'll be right over!" We exclaimed in excitement. We hurriedly grabbed our coat and put our shoes on, opened the front door, were about to excitedly step out when we heard a noise:

"And just where do you think you're going?"

It was Roysalina.

We dejectedly closed the door, hung our coat back up and like lambs being sent to the slaughter, slowly followed her upstairs for another night of abject failure.

Hahaha fantastic!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"