Author Topic: Lallana  (Read 21930 times)

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: Lallana
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2015, 07:30:39 pm »
Well that's obviously not true, as they clearly show poor decision making there.

They don't. They show nothing conclusive at all since they contain no information about motion.

EDIT: In fact, here's a little deconstruction of why the photos don't say what you want them to say:

The first, third and fourth suggest Lallana should have passed the ball at the very moment he wasn't even close to touching it. Fine, if everyone else in the picture stays still for the next 2 seconds. But they won't will they?

The second involves an unrealistic pass given his body shape - and one, if somehow accomplished, that would, in any case, quite clearly have been intercepted by the defender who is already moving towards the suggested trajectory.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:36:30 pm by Yorkykopite »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2015, 07:45:40 pm »
For me there`s nothing problematic about Lallana`s decision making ( sticking the round thing in the net is ) but interestingly enough in this situation Klopp was actually angry after this particular move and was gesturing the universal "slip him through mate!" sign on the touchline ( if you rewatch that clip ).

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2015, 07:46:50 pm »
They don't. They show nothing conclusive at all since they contain no information about motion.

EDIT: In fact, here's a little deconstruction of why the photos don't say what you want them to say:

The first, third and fourth suggest Lallana should have passed the ball at the very moment he wasn't even close to touching it. Fine, if everyone else in the picture stays still for the next 2 seconds. But they won't will they?

The second involves an unrealistic pass given his body shape - and one, if somehow accomplished, that would, in any case, quite clearly have been intercepted by the defender who is already moving towards the suggested trajectory.
Why bother? He's now got to find out what the guy who posted all that on Twitter has to think about it as he clearly can't think for himself.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2015, 07:50:52 pm »
For me there`s nothing problematic about Lallana`s decision making ( sticking the round thing in the net is ) but interestingly enough in this situation Klopp was actually angry after this particular move and was gesturing the universal "slip him through mate!" sign on the touchline ( if you rewatch that clip ).

Yeah, and my reaction at the time was one of 'slip him through' too (Firmino not Coutinho). But when you saw the replay it was tempting to give Lallana the benefit of the doubt. He probably thought that Firmino would be offside and therefore chose to square the ball to Milner instead (for a very decent shooting opportunity).

Was he right about that? Was he wrong? We'll never know. What's for certain is that those still photographs are of no help whatsoever.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2015, 07:52:40 pm »

We have all watched the matches to see Lallana's poor decision making.  The pics are to re-jog the memories, but you can pretend he's perfect if you want.  My eyes, the pics and stats say otherwise.

Without the ball he's very impressive, with the ball - I think he can improve, that's all I'm saying.

Why bother? He's now got to find out what the guy who posted all that on Twitter has to think about it as he clearly can't think for himself.

Snide as ever Gibbons, very RAWK (that's not a compliment). 

Yes I get all my opinions from others, of course I do. 

Or maybe, I thought it was a very good example and I used it to back up my opinion on the issue. 
@LFC4LIFENET

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2015, 07:54:19 pm »
Was he right about that? Was he wrong? We'll never know.

He was wrong!  We do know!  The stills show that. 

It showed bad decision making, bad shooting.  He needs to do better in the regards, he is talented enough to do so - I hope he does.
@LFC4LIFENET

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2015, 07:54:42 pm »
We have all watched the matches to see Lallana's poor decision making.  The pics are to re-jog the memories, but you can pretend he's perfect if you want. 

Well there you have it. You've made your mind up already about his poor decision-making and you post any old rubbish to "re-jog your memory".

As for Lallana being "perfect", who said that? Not me!

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2015, 07:55:47 pm »

Night night mate.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2015, 07:56:01 pm »

It showed bad decision making, bad shooting.  He needs to do better in the regards, he is talented enough to do so - I hope he does.
Where does it show bad shooting?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2015, 08:28:44 pm »
Where does it show bad shooting?

He missed the shot in that move - which I'm fairly sure you know.  But are being pedantic, snide and difficult for some reason. 

I give up! 

OK Lallana's decision making is perfect, he's scoring loads of goals, getting tons of assists and pics are no evidence. 

No point debating with some people on here.

@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2015, 08:43:36 pm »
He missed the shot in that move - which I'm fairly sure you know.  But are being pedantic, snide and difficult for some reason. 

I give up! 

OK Lallana's decision making is perfect, he's scoring loads of goals, getting tons of assists and pics are no evidence. 

No point debating with some people on here.

No, he squared the ball to Milner who missed the shot. Perhaps you should try watching the games rather than going by how someone on Twitter described it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:37:18 pm by Funky_Gibbons »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2015, 08:48:27 pm »

No, he squared the ball to Milner who missed the shot. Perhaps you should try watching the games rather than going by what someone on Twitter has said.

he didn't actually square the ball to Milner - it was a pass that went several yards behind such that Milner was shooting outside the box (they just showed it on the MNF analysis with Carra and Neville) - the better passes were clearly Coutinho and then Firmino.

In any case - he worked his socks off and was excellent - including chasing down the ball that Hart parried that led to the 3rd goal.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2015, 09:00:37 pm »
Still photographs tell you nothing about sport. Except perhaps bridge, which technically isn't a sport despite some fierce lobbying recently. They're always lovely to look at though, so cheers for that.

Well you could solve the photograph problem by watching a video replay I guess.

There's a reason Klopp was screaming at Lallana after Milner blasted over.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:02:46 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2015, 09:13:10 pm »
We won against City didn't we? Just checking.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2015, 09:15:01 pm »
We won against City didn't we? Just checking.
Fuck you and that positive pony you road into town on.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2015, 09:22:08 pm »
Fuck you and that positive pony you road into town on.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2015, 09:26:57 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2015, 09:34:26 pm »
;D

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2015, 10:39:11 pm »
Or E: the team will be picked/rotated according to opposition, form, tactics and fitness
Or F: we tanked the title favourites 4-1 at their place 2 days ago with said front 3!
Or G: One of the midfielders further back (probably Milner) and the shape changes.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2015, 10:57:12 pm »

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2015, 11:10:29 pm »
Easily the best celebrator in the team. ;D

Moreno's face :lmao :lmao

Looks like it's been cut and pasted in there from somewhere else :lmao

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2015, 11:24:02 pm »
Am i right in saying the 2 of the goals against Chelsea and 1 against City came from Lallana leaving a ball he had every right to take on?

On more than one occasion he knew exactly the run his teammate was making, and the defender's positioning, while using his own body movement to sell a magnificent dummy. Cou or Bobby do that, and they are brilliant. Lallana, less so it seems.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2015, 11:26:51 pm »
On more than one occasion he knew exactly the run his teammate was making, and the defender's positioning, while using his own body movement to sell a magnificent dummy. Cou or Bobby do that, and they are brilliant. Lallana, less so it seems.
Lallana is a joy to watch. Him Silva,Coutinho,Ozil,Carzola are all a joy to watch live I'm sure. I have seen a few of those in the flesh and when they are in form there is so much they do well. Lallana before he signed for us was one of the best players in the league. This is a fact. I have said many times if Lallana was spanish he would be much more appreciated.

Offline Gmol

• Anny Roader
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2015, 11:34:35 pm »
Lallana is one of the  players who have visibly bought into the new style, he is playing for the team and suits the tactics, a few goals would be the icing on top. It's no wonder Klopp loves him

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2015, 11:38:12 pm »
Lallana is one of the  players who have visibly bought into the new style, he is playing for the team and suits the tactics, a few goals would be the icing on top. It's no wonder Klopp loves him

Wasn't Lallana (tenuously) linked with Dortmund in the summer 2014, too?

Hope he doesn't break down under Klopp's physical demands. He's bought into the manager's philosophy and he'll only get better in the coming months, with a run of games.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Bill Lacey

• Main Stander
  • With a Liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2015, 12:00:22 am »
MOTM for me. Thought his movement was excellent. Only for Clyne delaying the pass too long and Firmino getting saved he has two assists.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2015, 12:16:37 am »
Remember how much praise Sturridge got for that dummy which 'assisted' Suarez's goal?
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2015, 02:17:03 am »
I have to agree that some goals would be nice but then again he's not the one tasked to get them - he's primary role is to facilitate goals. If he could cause goals to happen, perfect but if what he's currently doing is giving everyone else the opportunity to get one for themselves, and then result in wins for the team, who cares? To say that Lallana does not contribute anything to the team when it is clear as day that he was heavily involved in the goals and chances missed on goal is just being stuck in the pre-Klopp era.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2015, 03:10:17 am »
I have to agree that some goals would be nice but then again he's not the one tasked to get them - he's primary role is to facilitate goals. If he could cause goals to happen, perfect but if what he's currently doing is giving everyone else the opportunity to get one for themselves, and then result in wins for the team, who cares? To say that Lallana does not contribute anything to the team when it is clear as day that he was heavily involved in the goals and chances missed on goal is just being stuck in the pre-Klopp era.
  Agree 100% mate and said something similar a couple of pages back.  He's contributing massively on a number of levels, not arsed about him not being the one to stick it in the net as long as someone is!
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2015, 08:10:53 am »
Lallana is a joy to watch. Him Silva,Coutinho,Ozil,Carzola are all a joy to watch live I'm sure. I have seen a few of those in the flesh and when they are in form there is so much they do well. Lallana before he signed for us was one of the best players in the league. This is a fact. I have said many times if Lallana was spanish he would be much more appreciated.

I don't think it is a "fact", no more so than saying Stewart Downing was one of the best players in the league before he arrived. 

The way I see it is if you are playing an attacking position you have to be more than "a joy to watch". You have to actually produce something and right now he's yet to register a goal and only has one assists in the league this season. You can compare him with Silva, Mata, Cazorla etc all you want but the production doesn't match, it's not even close. Through out there careers these guys have produced far more consistently than Lallana. A 1/6 goal a game player, 1/7 assist does not deserve to be mentioned as a top attacking player. If anything I think he's overrated,  I can't think of a single Spanish or German attacker that has as big a reputation as Lallana but production so little.

Even in this current team while he does a lot of good work I don't think he's a big part of it's success. He's has no pace, he's slow on the ball and stepping over the ball and looking good does not disguise the fact that our Brazilian lads are producing and he is not.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
Re: Lallana - The Best Celebrator
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2015, 08:25:52 am »
Second that, he's the best celebrator in the team <3
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2015, 08:31:53 am »
I don't think it is a "fact", no more so than saying Stewart Downing was one of the best players in the league before he arrived. 

The way I see it is if you are playing an attacking position you have to be more than "a joy to watch". You have to actually produce something and right now he's yet to register a goal and only has one assists in the league this season.
This is so tiresome.

He is producing at the top end of the pitch since Klopp took over. He had an assist against Palace as well as creating other opportunities that were missed (Benteke scuffed a cut-back), was heavily involved in the last two goals against Chelsea and helped create chances against City. The problem is some people are so dumb they can only see his contribution through a number in the assist column.

If He had flicked the ball to Benteke against Chelsea rather than dummying it he would have another assist in his column, does that mean he's playing better than he is now?

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
Lallana
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2015, 08:34:42 am »
This is so tiresome.

He is producing at the top end of the pitch since Klopp took over. He had an assist against Palace as well as creating other opportunities that were missed (Benteke scuffed a cut-back), was heavily involved in the last two goals against Chelsea and helped create chances against City. The problem is some people are so dumb they can only see his contribution through a number in the assist column.

If He had flicked the ball to Benteke against Chelsea rather than dummying it he would have another assist in his column, does that mean he's playing better than he is now?

You point to a couple of almost plays as evidence......I point to his 100+ games as evidence. And I'm the dumb one with knee jerk views changing dependant on the outcome on a play or two?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:37:41 am by DanA »
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2015, 08:38:45 am »
You can point to a couple of almost plays as evidence......I'll point to his 100+ games as evidence.

And I'm the dumb one with knee jerk view change on the outcome on a play or two?
Last season he had a better goal+assists to minutes ratio than Coutinho, maybe you need to study those games a bit harder?

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
Lallana
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2015, 08:39:20 am »
How old was Coutinho last season? He was developing into a star not yet a star. Can't say the same for Lallana

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2015, 08:40:19 am »
How old was Coutinho last season? He was developing into a star not yet a star. Can't say the same for Lallana
:lmao

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2015, 08:42:01 am »

Talk about having an agenda.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2015, 08:48:22 am »
Wow, are people seriously having a dig at Lallana's frankly brilliant skill and awareness for the dummies against Chelsea and City? Those dummies utterly cut the opposition open.

Earlier I found Lallana as frustrating as the next guy but he seems to have cut out the things that annoyed me the most; Dropping to deep to get involved with play, turning back into trouble after beating a player and holding onto the ball to long.

Lallana is arguably the most improved Liverpool player since Klopp arrived.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:51:31 am by spider-neil »

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2015, 08:52:53 am »
He's better than he has ever been for us at any stage. That I'll take, with open arms.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2015, 08:53:29 am »
Or maybe, I thought it was a very good example and I used it to back up my opinion on the issue.

It's a shit example.

"We change from doubters to believers. Now"