Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 164310 times)

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Ibe
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2015, 01:45:21 pm »
Ibe 30k/w - 2020, Kane 35k/w - 2020.

Good lads.

Cheers Raheem.
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2015, 01:46:06 pm »
Great news. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2015, 01:47:15 pm »
Great news.

Like the bit about Sterling too (club would let him run his contract out before selling him to a rival).
What's the point in that though?

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2015, 01:56:32 pm »

We'd still get a fee, even if we let him run his contract down, I think - arbitration?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2015, 02:00:58 pm »
We'd still get a fee, even if we let him run his contract down, I think - arbitration?
How much would it be though?

I mean, if someone offers 40,000,000 are we going to turn it down, get a few million, and then Sterling joins Chelsea/Man City or whoever anyway?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2015, 02:03:10 pm »

Good lads.

Cheers Raheem.
So their first big contracts are the same as Sterling's?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2015, 02:05:42 pm »

Good lads.

Cheers Raheem.

In fairness to Sterling (why should we be etc etc) I doubt those two will be earning this rate in 2020 as by then they'll have been offered a new deal or moved on (in Kane's case!).

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2015, 02:08:57 pm »

I mean, if someone offers 40,000,000 are we going to turn it down, get a few million, and then Sterling joins Chelsea/Man City or whoever anyway?

By my calculations (rough to say the least) over the next 2 years we'd save Ł8.8m on his wages if he remains on his
current contract.  If you say his current wage is Ł35K a week vs. an increase to Ł120K per week.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2015, 02:09:55 pm »
So their first big contracts are the same as Sterling's?

Don't you see a difference between Kane twating in 30 goals in all comps, winning YPOTY, then signing 35k/w contract and Sterling wanting much more than 100k/w and saying "it's not about the money at all"? I'd perfectly fine for me if he signs 120k/w, he earned it.

If he wants to go then I hope Bayern will come with 40m.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 02:16:57 pm by Bonsky »
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2015, 02:12:18 pm »

To set an example, short term loss for a longer gain is a smart move.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2015, 02:19:04 pm »
To set an example, short term loss for a longer gain is a smart move.
It's not smart, at all.

Now, if we were doing our utmost to sign quality players, and actually sending out a message to top players, I could understand it.

But as it stands, it's nothing more than a load of hot air. We're signing players from Southampton and Burnley, yet we want to send a message that we're still big boys?

Get outta here.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2015, 02:19:28 pm »

Isn't it based on "market value"? I don't really know how it works, but if FSG were to let him run his contract down, I'd suspect a fee from arbitration would be their reasoning. They're obsessed with value and letting Sterling walk for nothing just wouldn't happen, in my opinion. Or they think playing hardball will make him sign a new contract, with a hefty buyout clause, to protect the value of their asset. If indeed FSG are serious about letting him run down his deal, Sterling is going to miss out on a lot of money, and it's likely that he just signs a deal with a buyout clause.

Based on the Suarez saga, FSG don't want to "sell to a rival" - now, that would depend on how we determine "rivals." When Arsenal wanted Suarez, they were a legitimate rival in the sense that they were competing for what FSG wanted - CL football, top 4 trophy, etc. Would they view City and Chelsea in the same light, two clubs that are almost certain to finish in the CL places every year? Also, Arsenal's offer was a complete pisstake and wasn't representative of Luis's worth, we all know that. If Arsenal, say, bid Ł75m - the fee Barca paid for Suarez - would it be the same scenario? It's hypothetical and hard to say, but I suspect we would have sold him.

Anyway, FSG kind of have a Lyon model, I think. Based on their contract situation, importance to the team, output, etc., every player on our squad has a value, and anytime someone bids over and above this value, we'll probably sell.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 02:28:00 pm by Kopenhagen »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2015, 02:22:03 pm »
Don't you see a difference between Kane twating in 30 goals in all comps, winning YPOTY, then signing 35k/w contract and Sterling wanting much more than 100k/w and saying "it's not about the money at all"? I'd perfectly fine for me if he signs 120k/w, he earned it.

If he wants to go then I hope Bayern will come with 40m.
He singed a contract then got to 30 goals and won YPOTY. He'd signed a contract 6 months before his latest one, wouldn't be surprised if he got another before 2016 if he keeps up his scoring. It'll be the same with Ibe, if he has two years like Sterling he'll be looking at a big increase.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2015, 02:32:55 pm »
It's not smart, at all.

Now, if we were doing our utmost to sign quality players, and actually sending out a message to top players, I could understand it.

But as it stands, it's nothing more than a load of hot air. We're signing players from Southampton and Burnley, yet we want to send a message that we're still big boys?

Get outta here.
We're sending a message to any player with us that we won't be held to ransom, not quite sure why you would think it was a message to potential targets.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2015, 02:37:40 pm »
Fantastic news !

Really excited about Ibe as a player - huge potential and looks like he could go on to become one helluva player.
Well in.
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2015, 02:37:50 pm »
We're sending a message to any player with us that we won't be held to ransom, not quite sure why you would think it was a message to potential targets.

Because why would any top player want to come here, when we're signing players from Southampton and Burnley?

Sterling is in no way obligated to sign a new contract, and when he sees the likes of Gerrard and Suarez being replaced by Dejan Lovren and Danny Ings, there's not a person on the planet than can blame him.

Give players a reason to stay. Give players a reason to join.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2015, 02:40:57 pm »
Because why would any top player want to come here, when we're signing players from Southampton and Burnley?

Sterling is in no way obligated to sign a new contract, and when he sees the likes of Gerrard and Suarez being replaced by Dejan Lovren and Danny Ings, there's not a person on the planet than can blame him.

Or Sterling could/should see himself as the replacement for Suarez.

Also not like we're signing players from the likes of PSG, Bayern Munich, Benfica and Sevilla.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2015, 02:46:58 pm »
The only way he'll change his mind is if we threaten what we are doing, to leave him to run his contract out at Ł35k a week. The lad has no sense at all.
I don't think will have any bearing on what Sterling does. The clubs sideswipe at "agents" is probably just to put some doubt in his mind. The agent will be telling him to not sign until after the window closes, see if Liverpool are willing to accept an offer. Of they don't, or there isn't any (which I doubt) he signs up in September earns top money for another season and awaits the big move a la Suarez.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2015, 02:47:40 pm »
He singed a contract then got to 30 goals and won YPOTY. He'd signed a contract 6 months before his latest one, wouldn't be surprised if he got another before 2016 if he keeps up his scoring. It'll be the same with Ibe, if he has two years like Sterling he'll be looking at a big increase.

He signed a contract during his goalscoring form, could have easily asked for double what he got in the end.

But his a youth player and supported them as a youngster(?) so i'm not going to expect the same loyalty with Raheem, even Ibe grew up supporting Liverpool, didn't he?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2015, 02:49:23 pm »

I'm not certain what your point is to be honest, our transfer policy has been discussed and not many would disagree that is has been terrible.

I didn't imply that Sterling was obliged to sign a new contract, what I am implying is that we do not need to sell him as he is contracted to us.

I thought your point was that you would rather sell and take the money?

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2015, 04:38:31 pm »
Isn't it based on "market value"?

It wouldn't be the couple of million we're talking about with Ings. It would be a hefty market value based on 1st team and international appearances, and similar market rates for similar players in similar positions.

Sell him now for Ł40 million or get about Ł30 million or more for him in 2 years time while he's on a low contract?

The club is holding the cards here, no matter what his agent likes to think.

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2015, 04:45:39 pm »

It wouldn't be the couple of million we're talking about with Ings. It would be a hefty market value based on 1st team and international appearances, and similar market rates for similar players in similar positions.

Sell him now for Ł40 million or get about Ł30 million or more for him in 2 years time while he's on a low contract?

Yeah, that's what I thought. If we let him run down his deal, we'll still get a sizeable fee, and Sterling will be out a lot of cash, as he'll have played for 2.5 seasons on Ł35k/pw when he could have been on, what, Ł100k/pw?

I'd imagine he'll realize he's not getting his move this summer, sign what FSG want, and they'll be kind enough to attach a hefty buyout clause. If anyone's seriously interested, they'll point to the figure, as they did with Suarez.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2015, 04:57:08 pm »

Plus we have saved over Ł10m on wages for a "Ł180k a week" player.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2015, 05:05:22 pm »

If that is true... well played us :scarf ;)

I think even it isn't true, if Sterling is as good as those up in arms that we won't pay him the highest wage we've ever paid anyone right now, then we should get more from him in terms of performance in the next 2 seasons than the value of his transfer fee anyway :)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2015, 05:07:48 pm »
If that is true... well played us :scarf ;)

I think even it isn't true, if Sterling is as good as those up in arms that we won't pay him the highest wage we've ever paid anyone right now, then we should get more from him in terms of performance in the next 2 seasons than the value of his transfer fee anyway :)

Win, win for the club in many ways.  If he does not sign this summer, he'll have to play his heart out next year - still on 30K if he wants a blockbuster move next summer.  I'd expect him to put pen to paper in the coming weeks when his agent finally realizes he's been backed into the corner.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2015, 05:21:59 pm »
Win, win for the club in many ways.  If he does not sign this summer, he'll have to play his heart out next year - still on 30K if he wants a blockbuster move next summer.  I'd expect him to put pen to paper in the coming weeks when his agent finally realizes he's been backed into the corner.

All the other players signing new contracts does point him as the odd one out.
And the general fan view has shifted a lot as his form has been shit since he was magnanimous in giving the interview.
He should sign the contract considering the media would have him for breakfast if he flops after a move.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2015, 05:32:57 pm »

Leverage.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2015, 05:39:37 pm »
I worry about how little we value Sterling. Yes he's seen as greedy for not agreeing to a new contract and allegedly wanting a lot more money than hes worth. But there are a bunch of variables that haven't been put into the equation. Sterling is a great player for Liverpool. He's versatile, quick, and young. He's years away from reaching his prime and already looks decent. Last year we saw what he can do with 2 proper forwards next to him. Onto Ibe. Im glad we got him tied down for 5 years because hes a decent little player. People who compare him to Sterling and say they are virtually the same player are just talking silly. We have 2 great young players who will flourish with some decent forwards.
Seen us win everything

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2015, 05:44:04 pm »
I worry about how little we value Sterling. Yes he's seen as greedy for not agreeing to a new contract and allegedly wanting a lot more money than hes worth. But there are a bunch of variables that haven't been put into the equation. Sterling is a great player for Liverpool. He's versatile, quick, and young. He's years away from reaching his prime and already looks decent. Last year we saw what he can do with 2 proper forwards next to him. Onto Ibe. Im glad we got him tied down for 5 years because hes a decent little player. People who compare him to Sterling and say they are virtually the same player are just talking silly. We have 2 great young players who will flourish with some decent forwards.

People are just letting their personal feelings on his contract situation get in the way, when Sterling signs the new contract everybody will remember how good he has potential to be
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2015, 05:55:56 pm »
People are just letting their personal feelings on his contract situation get in the way, when Sterling signs the new contract everybody will remember how good he has potential to be
Exactly. He's slated for not saving our season and everyone forgets hes only 20 years old.
Seen us win everything

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2015, 06:04:02 pm »
Brilliant news this, Ibe is a real talent* and one for the future.

*yes, I know that sounds like Rodgers cliche, and no, I do not care.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2015, 06:05:30 pm »
Exactly. He's slated for not saving our season and everyone forgets hes only 20 years old.
He's getting slated for having a shit agent and not showing devotion to the club.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2015, 06:23:09 pm »
He's getting slated for having a shit agent and not showing devotion to the club.
You are aware that Gerrard wanted to jump ship AFTER we won a Champions League?

Yet you expect someone with no affiliation to the club to stay with a team that hasn't won anything of note in a decade, and constantly sells our best players.

Imagine you played for Arsenal and you saw Sanchez going out, and Danny Ings coming in.

The reality is, we've always had a least one superstar in the team that players would want to play beside, and that fella is off to LA this summer.

The superstar well has run dry.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2015, 06:26:20 pm »
Good lad hope he goes on and earns his position in the team.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2015, 06:47:26 pm »
This can't be right ... The Daily Fail said only the other day he wasn't renewing and was off to City. And The Fail is never wrong ;)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2015, 06:50:14 pm »
This can't be right ... The Daily Fail said only the other day he wasn't renewing and was off to City. And The Fail is never wrong ;)

Buy-out clause.

;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2015, 07:16:42 pm »
Hes a professional! Take off your lfc shirt and be rational. Hes put in 100% in every game this year and just because he hasnt signed a contract doesnt mean he deserves the stick hes been getting. The lads from london, he didn't grow up in liverpool.
Seen us win everything

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2015, 07:23:15 pm »
Hes a professional! Take off your lfc shirt and be rational. Hes put in 100% in every game this year and just because he hasnt signed a contract doesnt mean he deserves the stick hes been getting. The lads from london, he didn't grow up in liverpool.

I don't remember, my memory fades.. But where was Sami from?

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2015, 07:27:13 pm »
I don't remember, my memory fades.. But where was Sami from?
Bootle

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2015, 07:38:08 pm »
He signed a contract during his goalscoring form, could have easily asked for double what he got in the end.

But his a youth player and supported them as a youngster(?) so i'm not going to expect the same loyalty with Raheem, even Ibe grew up supporting Liverpool, didn't he?
Kane supports Arsenal. Raheem supports Man Utd. Teams you support don't mean squat when you are a academy graduate imo.