Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 164323 times)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
Re: Jordan Ibe
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2015, 01:28:56 am »
Ha ha.

Subtext

I love spotting it

Yeah, "great post" and all that
There is no sub text. I've already said that Rodgers should be replaced. It's not a sneak attack. Rodgers is not good enough, in my opinion. He's by no means fully responsible for our current plight, but he hasn't done enough to help cure it. Simply not what we need to take us back towards the top. If we're content going on cup runs and scrapping it out for fourth, sure, he'll do fine. I have much greater expectations though.

Jordan Ibe just signed for 5 years (ie the point of this thread)?
Yup, fair enough. But it will only be something to be happy about as long as we surround him (like Coutinho) with quality. Otherwise, just like Coutinho, he'll be house hunting elsewhere in England or the continent.

Anyway, sorry Harinder, I've definitely been responsible for taking this thread of topic.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2015, 10:15:25 am »
Signing Ibe can only be good news sorting out Sterling's contract options can only be good news,  giving Brannigan more game time in our squad next season can only be good news, i would suggest we need to tie up Wilson to a good contract as well and Ojo, also having Yesil fit will be good news, We have a dam good crop of kids coming through in all positions what is not to like about that ?

The future is bright !
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2015, 11:08:29 am »
Was thinking the same...
In the sense that he is quick and mobile, yet built well and has a strong upper body.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:42:12 pm by dobbouk »

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2015, 01:00:13 pm »
http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-jordon-ibe-sign-new-liverpool-contract-reveals-brendan-rodgers-150515146832

Brendan takes a dig at Raheem and his agent I feel: “There are some good agents, who do good work, but it’s refreshing when you can sit down and talk to a young kid and someone else isn’t answering for them.”
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2015, 02:42:18 pm »
http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-jordon-ibe-sign-new-liverpool-contract-reveals-brendan-rodgers-150515146832

Brendan takes a dig at Raheem and his agent I feel: “There are some good agents, who do good work, but it’s refreshing when you can sit down and talk to a young kid and someone else isn’t answering for them.”

That's just put another 10k per week on Sterlings wage demands...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2015, 02:45:25 pm »
In the sense that he is quick and mobile, yet built well and has a strong upper body.

I can see him developing a howitzer of a shot cutting in from the wing, too. He's streets ahead of Sterling in this respect.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2015, 02:47:13 pm »

Even though I agree with what Rodgers is saying, why does he need to come out in the media and say things like this? He is making himself a target and some of his comments have become cringeworthy.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2015, 03:46:19 pm »

not a fan of comments like this
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2015, 04:05:26 pm »

What's wrong with them?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2015, 04:06:29 pm »
What's wrong with them?
Rodgers said it.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2015, 04:08:40 pm »

If Kenny had said that people would be loving it. Fair play to him.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Online Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2015, 04:10:10 pm »
Unreal that some people are having a go at the manager for his comments about agents … fucking unreal.  ::)

If our manager wants to call a players agent a c*nt because he’s turning the head of a player who Rodgers has nurtured and wants to make a great player free from distractions of money, more power to him. I’m glad he’s said it. And his agent IS a c*nt who is just trying to make a quick buck for himself, not Raheem.

If it was Kenny Dalglish saying it, you’d all be wetting yourselves over the comments about agents.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2015, 04:13:51 pm »
Unreal that some people are having a go at the manager for his comments about agents … fucking unreal.  ::)

If our manager wants to call a players agent a c*nt because he’s turning the head of a player who Rodgers has nurtured and wants to make a great player free from distractions of money, more power to him. I’m glad he’s said it. And his agent IS a c*nt who is just trying to make a quick buck for himself, not Raheem.

If it was Kenny Dalglish saying it, you’d all be wetting yourselves over the comments about agents.

Agreed, nothing wrong with it.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2015, 04:35:57 pm »

+1. Rodgers got this spot on. I really can't see why any fan would disagree.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2015, 04:38:36 pm »
Even though I agree with what Rodgers is saying, why does he need to come out in the media and say things like this? He is making himself a target and some of his comments have become cringeworthy.

Nothing cringeworthy about that. He's sending a shot across the bows. He's basically saying "some agents are a huge problem". And he's right. If Rafa said this, there would be clips and gifs all over the place and "Well in, Rafa, la" posts one after the other
Better looking than Samie.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2015, 04:40:31 pm »
Perfectly reasonable comments.

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2015, 04:53:38 pm »
Well in, Ibe.
Mint-Berry Crunch!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2015, 04:58:42 pm »
Signing Ibe can only be good news sorting out Sterling's contract options can only be good news,  giving Brannigan more game time in our squad next season can only be good news, i would suggest we need to tie up Wilson to a good contract as well and Ojo, also having Yesil fit will be good news, We have a dam good crop of kids coming through in all positions what is not to like about that ?

The future is bright !

I totally agree, if we can make use of these academy products we can save millions in squad signings.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2015, 04:59:41 pm »
Agents are the scum of the game, well in Rodgers for giving them some shit.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2015, 05:12:21 pm »
We don't know exactly what is going on with Sterling so it is hard to know if we should applaud or condemn Rodgers right now for those comments.
Certainly we can all agree with the sentiment, but last time Rodgers took a swing at the agent we suddenly got identical new stories about Sterling buying out his contract. In other words the agent has friends in the media to tell his version in response to Rodgers version.
I think it is best for the club and the player to not have this become a constant media story that is in the headlines every day, particularly if it just leads to more and more entrenched positions. The media is going to make up Steling stuff anyway, but I don't see a benefit to throwing blood in the water to attract their attention. Eventually we hope to get that agent to agree to a deal, when you have to work with someone you despise, in my experience, it is best to keep it civil and get the job done, and then sharpen your knives for the day you no longer have to work with them.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2015, 05:26:50 pm »
Nothing cringeworthy about that. He's sending a shot across the bows. He's basically saying "some agents are a huge problem". And he's right. If Rafa said this, there would be clips and gifs all over the place and "Well in, Rafa, la" posts one after the other

Remember that Rodgers himself doesn't use an agent either, of course it's refreshing for him to deal with a player direct. He's basically advocating honesty and directness, what a bastard eh  ;D

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2015, 05:29:35 pm »
As much as Rodgers is a liability in front of a microphone, there's nothing wrong with the above.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2015, 05:34:05 pm »

Not really. Some, obviously, but they do serve a purpose. They are professionals (hopefully), they know how to negotiate, how contracts are structured etc. A lot of these players would get screwed over by clubs without professional guidance. Nothing wrong with players trying to negotiate the best deals they can for themselves.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #183 on: May 15, 2015, 05:38:41 pm »
Nothing wrong or displeasing about Rodgers remarks pertaining to some agents.

We have all said it and thought it, he is putting out in the open.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 15, 2015, 05:39:51 pm »
What's wrong with them?

comments like that won't make Sterling to sign a contract... expressing your frustration indirectly  like that through the media, won't help anyone.

" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 15, 2015, 05:40:40 pm »
Well in, Brendan. Whatever one may say about Rodgers and the microphone, he has played the Sterling and Henderson contract issues brilliantly from start to finish. Always defends the club without alienating the players.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2015, 05:58:13 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 15, 2015, 06:02:30 pm »
Fair deal for everyone involved. Ibe has shown a lot of promise this season.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2015, 06:03:53 pm »
comments like that won't make Sterling to sign a contract... expressing your frustration indirectly  like that through the media, won't help anyone.
His comments will have zero influence either way. 

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2015, 06:04:10 pm »
Exactly. Since when do we, as supporters, care about an agent's feelings? Greedy twats.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »

Neither is silence going to make Sterling sign the contract. That kid is being ill-advised by his agent/advisor and fair play to Rodgers for saying that some of them are friendly and some of them arent, which is unfortunately true. There are some really decent gentlemen and lady negotiators around. And there are parasites. It is because of them that the whole "agents" arena gets a bad name. Atleast this will make Sterling think twice about his and his advisor's conduct in the whole contract saga.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2015, 06:23:12 pm »

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2015, 06:57:13 pm »
Maybe Rodgers knows he's not going to sign a new contract?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2015, 10:03:04 pm »

or maybe in here Rodgers can't be right for doing wrong , fucked if he does and fucked if he doesnt covers it.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2015, 10:18:19 pm »
Love the comments from Rodgers if i'm honest

Growing tired of players trying to hold the club to ransom, put pressure on them. Good to see his agent get some stick in the public eye aswell

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2015, 10:26:28 pm »

Absolutely, it justs proves that in the eyes of some Rodgers can never do or say the right thing.  His comment regarding agents is spot on, nothing that any other manager wouldn't say and something that we've all said and thought ourselves.  What young players like Sterling and Ibe have at Liverpool is a manager who knows and understands how to develop young players because he's likely had to watch talented youngsters fall through the cracks into obscurity because they were surrounded by and listened to the wrong influenes.  They're lucky to have that, someone who isn't just invested in them as players but who also goes out of his way to try and be a positive influence on them as people, someone who wants to make sure that they maximise their talent for the long-term. 

Its refreshing to see a young talent like Jordon Ibe who has such a sensible head on his young shoulders.  He's followed the development plan his manager has put in place for him, he's met the challenges put in front of him and listened to advice from the right people.  This is the right club for him, Rodgers is the right manager for him, he'll benefit from staying here and developing under Rodgers while the club will benefit from having one of the most exciting young players in this country commit his long-term to us.  Hopefully Sterling follows his lead, listens to the people who truly have his best interests at heart, and makes the decision that best serves his own development.

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2015, 10:45:18 pm »

This!

fantastic new about Ibe signing on.

What i dont understand is why Rodgers gets so much stick from people. He has done a really really good job of bringing through young players... such as Ibe, and coutinho, and sterling..... he has taken a team without a striker to finish 5th (team below us has a 20 goal striker in kane), and managed to get 'unmanageable' players like Suarez focused where we almost grabbed an unexpected title last year.

we are rebuilding from the ground up and in 1-2 seasons i have no doubt at all we will consistently be a top 4 side, with these young guys such as Ibe being right amongst it.

If we get just that bit of patience for Rodgers and his young talents (Ibe, Markovic, Coutinho, Sinclair, Sterling etc....) we will be a bloody good team with a solid football identity that can actually be sustainable over many many years.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2015, 02:22:20 pm »
Wrong thread to have a go at Rodgers.

I hope Ibe goes on to be a star for us and earns star wages with us.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2015, 06:57:14 am »
So, Ibe is off next summer then...    ;D

I'm happy that he signed without agent issues (and kudos to Rodgers for saying what he did). It's time to separate the wheat from the chuff, and find the players who wont to play for the shirt.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2015, 10:21:47 am »
So, Ibe is off next summer then...    ;D

I'm happy that he signed without agent issues (and kudos to Rodgers for saying what he did). It's time to separate the wheat from the chuff, and find the players who wont to play for the shirt.
What did he say?