Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 164276 times)

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Ibe
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2015, 07:40:37 pm »
You are aware that Gerrard wanted to jump ship AFTER we won a Champions League?

Yet you expect someone with no affiliation to the club to stay with a team that hasn't won anything of note in a decade, and constantly sells our best players.

Imagine you played for Arsenal and you saw Sanchez going out, and Danny Ings coming in.

The reality is, we've always had a least one superstar in the team that players would want to play beside, and that fella is off to LA this summer.

The superstar well has run dry.
We make our own superstars

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2015, 07:45:44 pm »

Yet you expect someone with no affiliation to the club to stay with a team that hasn't won anything of note in a decade, and constantly sells our best players.

Imagine you played for Arsenal and you saw Sanchez going out, and Danny Ings coming in.

The reality is, we've always had a least one superstar in the team that players would want to play beside, and that fella is off to LA this summer.

Funny how you mention Arsenal, who until last season usually lost at least one key player a season, often to their rivals and were buying from the lesser clubs. The profits from those sales and increased revenues is the only reason they have splashed out on 2 big players in the last 2 years.

Also, don't see a problem with buying from Southampton or Burnley - where do you think we should be buying all our players from? You think Real & Barca are going to just sell all their players to us? The problem is buying the wrong players - Lovren, Balo, instead of buying the ones who would actually improve our team. If we get Ings I hope it is based on his potential as a player though in my opinion he should only be 3rd or 4th choice, we will still need someone better than that to compete next year.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2015, 07:47:06 pm »
I don't remember, my memory fades.. But where was Sami from?

Come on, not ever player who plays for LFC is like Sami, Agger or Jan - isn't important a player gives his all for us like Xavi, Luis and Suarez.
Lets get real

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2015, 08:00:38 pm »
Come on, not ever player who plays for LFC is like Sami, Agger or Jan - isn't important a player gives his all for us like Xavi, Luis and Suarez.
Lets get real

When we've developed them into the player they are it certainly makes a difference.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2015, 08:12:26 pm »
When we've developed them into the player they are it certainly makes a difference.

It didnt for McManaman...I want Sterling and the Ibes to stay, but if he thinks he can do better at another club then he should go, and we should make the transfer as smooth as possible, this is modern football we just need to look at alternatives, and there always are alternatives

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2015, 08:21:11 pm »

Are you never happy ?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2015, 08:28:56 pm »
Are you never happy ?

He'd rather be right them happy, but he is not, and that's where it all falls apart....
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2015, 08:30:07 pm »
Funny how you mention Arsenal, who until last season usually lost at least one key player a season, often to their rivals and were buying from the lesser clubs. The profits from those sales and increased revenues is the only reason they have splashed out on 2 big players in the last 2 years.

Also, don't see a problem with buying from Southampton or Burnley - where do you think we should be buying all our players from? You think Real & Barca are going to just sell all their players to us? The problem is buying the wrong players - Lovren, Balo, instead of buying the ones who would actually improve our team. If we get Ings I hope it is based on his potential as a player though in my opinion he should only be 3rd or 4th choice, we will still need someone better than that to compete next year.
I mentioned Arsenal, but you can mention whatever team on the planet that you don't support, the point stands. I merely used them as an example of a good English side that you'd have no affiliation with. Take your pick though, there are dozens of clubs in Europe that you can put in place of Arsenal in the above statement.

And Real Madrid and Barcelona are the only two teams in Europe with quality players? Why on earth have you used to two biggest clubs on the planet? We couldn't have gotten a better centre half for 20,000,000 last summer, than Lovren? Danny Ings is the best we could get this summer, even as a squad player?

We spent 40+ million on Southampton players last summer, is that really the best we can do? No, not even close.

There are plenty of clubs in Europe we could have handed forty million plus to, and come away with three much better players.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2015, 08:37:43 pm »
He'd rather be right them happy, but he is not, and that's where it all falls apart....
So I wasn't right when I said our defence was shambles three seasons ago, when everyone was blaming our attack?

I wasn't right when I said that our poor midfield and defence last season would end up breaking hearts?

I wasn't right when I said last summer that our business in the transfer window was an abomination?

I wasn't right when I was one of very few people on this site said Skrtel was an excellent defender and defended him to the hilt?

I wasn't right when I said Henderson would be an excellent signing, when people were lambasting him during his first season?

Was I happy about any of those? No. Why wasn't I happy about those? Because the club is still a total shambles, and going backwards. I've been right on many, many occasions on this site, when I was one of few dissenting voices. Doesn't bring me any pleasure, because the club is on the road to ruin. The same club I started supporting during the miserable years of the 90s.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2015, 08:40:20 pm »
I too am a 90's supporter and I aint as miserable as you , you big tit.  ;D

We've had some great times in my life time as a supporter.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2015, 08:41:05 pm »

A bit of tongue in cheek/a hitchhikers reference mate.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2015, 08:58:52 pm »
Are you never happy ?
What's there to be happy about?

We no longer have star players to attract quality players (We've always had Gerrard)

We have no player to hoist us up on his back, when the going is tough (We've always had Gerrard).

We have a manager that couldn't attract a burglar if he had a tower of fifties on show in his living room window.

We have a transfer policy that's aimed at taking stupid punts and hoping one of them comes off.

Even if we do find a gem, amid the garbage, we'll still end up selling him in a couple of seasons, having won fuck all, because he spent his time here surrounded by Southampton and Burnley players.

We've won fuck all for a decade.

We've just come off our most embarrassing European season in our history. We've got to the semis of the two cup competitions, and were knocked out by the first decent teams we bumped into. We even needed a replay against English behemoths, Blackburn and Bolton. We love to take the piss out of Tactics Tim, but his team swept us off the pitch at Wembley.

Not many positives there for a Liverpool supporter, never mind a player with zero affiliation to the club.

Sure we can be happy we have Coutinho, but it's just a matter of time before he gets fed up sliding balls through to Danny Ings. I think he genuinely loves the club and the city, but he won't be another Matt Le Tissier. He'll get fed up. Get quality players around him, or he'll just be another in a long list of great players to leave this club with little to show for it.

A bit of tongue in cheek/a hitchhikers reference mate.
Ah, apologies mate  :-*

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2015, 09:01:48 pm »
I too am a 90's supporter and I aint as miserable as you , you big tit.  ;D

We've had some great times in my life time as a supporter.
Of course we have, but we're like Jack in the box. We appear every so often and then disappear for too long. Like I said the other day, watching McManaman, Fowler and Owen was enough to hook me. I'm not demanding title after title. Just at least move in the right direction for a lengthy period of time, instead of these spits and spurts.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2015, 09:03:48 pm »
Katie Price - what makes you think Danny Ings is going to be first choice striker ( as you seem to think Coutinho is going to get pissed off playing with him ) ? Ings    will not be any better than 3rd choice - if we even sign him at all - and I am truly staggered by the number of RAWKites who genuinely think otherwise

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2015, 09:11:25 pm »
Katie Price - what makes you think Danny Ings is going to be first choice striker ( as you seem to think Coutinho is going to get pissed off playing with him ) ? Ings    will not be any better than 3rd choice - if we even sign him at all - and I am truly staggered by the number of RAWKites who genuinely think otherwise

It suits his boring negative agenda.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2015, 09:23:57 pm »

He doesn't have to be first choice. Coutinho will get fed up of being surrounded by that sort of fodder.

Look at Alonso, Masch, Torres, Suarez, Arbeloa, Kuyt, Agger. Some of our best players of the last twenty years, and only Alonso has anything meaningful to show from his time here. Even players still here like Skrtel, Lucas and Glen Johnson. What do they have from their time here? The reason that's the way it is, is because we're too busy filling our squads with fodder like Danny Ings.

We need to bin off this signing of squad players, and start damn well signing some quality players to contribute on the field. Add QUALITY on the field, and your squad will automatically be stronger.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2015, 09:25:54 pm »
^^
Some  of those player's  they're part of those contributions. Maybe they should've done better as well.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2015, 09:26:29 pm »
Oh look another thread being slowly converted to something else

What the absolute fuck has Ings got to do with this thread and Ibe?
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2015, 09:32:35 pm »
Fuck all the negativity, Jordan Ibe looks the real deal, in fact he looks more of a real deal than Sterling. Thats not just my opinion, thats the consenus of most reds in this city.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2015, 09:32:51 pm »
What the absolute fuck has Ings got to do with this thread and Ibe?

Ibe
Ibes
Ines
Ings
INGS

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2015, 09:41:00 pm »

We no longer have star players to attract quality players (We've always had Gerrard)

We have no player to hoist us up on his back, when the going is tough (We've always had Gerrard).

We have a manager that couldn't attract a burglar if he had a tower of fifties on show in his living room window.

We have a transfer policy that's aimed at taking stupid punts and hoping one of them comes off.

Even if we do find a gem, amid the garbage, we'll still end up selling him in a couple of seasons, having won fuck all, because he spent his time here surrounded by Southampton and Burnley players.

We've just come off our most embarrassing European season in our history. We've got to the semis of the two cup competitions, and were knocked out by the first decent teams we bumped into. We even needed a replay against English behemoths, Blackburn and Bolton. We love to take the piss out of Tactics Tim, but his team swept us off the pitch at Wembley.

Not many positives there for a Liverpool supporter, never mind a player with zero affiliation to the club.

Sure we can be happy we have Coutinho, but it's just a matter of time before he gets fed up sliding balls through to Danny Ings. I think he genuinely loves the club and the city, but he won't be another Matt Le Tissier. He'll get fed up. Get quality players around him, or he'll just be another in a long list of great players to leave this club with little to show for it.

But apart from that you are a happy camper right?  :D
choose Life.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2015, 09:42:28 pm »

Good post
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2015, 09:45:07 pm »
Fuck all the negativity, Jordan Ibe looks the real deal, in fact he looks more of a real deal than Sterling. Thats not just my opinion, thats the consenus of most reds in this city.
Agree wholeheartedly with that - and he seems quite happy with £30-40k a week. Sell Sterling, give Ibe his position and spend the £50M+ on a world class striker ( and other squad additions ) and we'd be sorted :)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2015, 10:16:48 pm »

Ha ha.

Subtext

I love spotting it

Yeah, "great post" and all that
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2015, 10:36:29 pm »
Of course we have, but we're like Jack in the box. We appear every so often and then disappear for too long. Like I said the other day, watching McManaman, Fowler and Owen was enough to hook me. I'm not demanding title after title. Just at least move in the right direction for a lengthy period of time, instead of these spits and spurts.
Fucking hell we finished 2nd last season, got back into the champions league and had 2 cup semis this season. Granted we haven't won anything but I'd suggest we might be moving in the right direction.
JFT97

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2015, 10:37:59 pm »
Relevant to this thread.......Ibe is going to be a monster for us, very special talent.......quick, skilful and built like a brick shithouse.
JFT97

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2015, 11:19:39 pm »
Can we just stop turning everything into either an attack on the club or a transfer thread please?

Just wait two weeks until the season is over and then you can have the entire transfer forum to post about transfer policies and targets....

for five minutes before I lock every fucking thread and post a picture of a bear in a taxi.

Back on topic, Ibe is going to be an absolute gem for us isn't he?
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2015, 11:24:52 pm »
If we were to compare Ibe's potential to a particular player, who would that player be?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2015, 11:28:09 pm »
If we were to compare Ibe's potential to a particular player, who would that player be?
Sheyi Ojo.

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2015, 11:36:43 pm »

Hulk

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2015, 11:38:29 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2015, 11:39:56 pm »
Back on topic, Ibe is going to be an absolute gem for us isn't he?

Ibe Gem?

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2015, 11:44:29 pm »
Ibe Gem?

:lmao  That is so authentic, I'll be looking for them in Tescos tomorrow. I hope you haven't scammed me with your photoshop skills again, Nick.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2015, 11:45:23 pm »
:lmao  That is so authentic, I'll be looking for them in Tescos tomorrow. I hope you haven't scammed me with your photoshop skills again, Nick.

I wouldn't know where to start with Photoshop so had to google a genuine packet and hoped the joke still worked.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2015, 11:46:23 pm »

Jordan Ibe just signed for 5 years (ie the point of this thread)?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:32:44 am by kcbworth »

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2015, 11:48:33 pm »
Jordan I've just signed for 5 years

Is that what her latest husband said to her?

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2015, 12:32:28 am »
Is that what her latest husband said to her?

damn you autocorrect :)

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2015, 12:57:12 am »

It wouldn't be the couple of million we're talking about with Ings. It would be a hefty market value based on 1st team and international appearances, and similar market rates for similar players in similar positions.

Sell him now for £40 million or get about £30 million or more for him in 2 years time while he's on a low contract?

The club is holding the cards here, no matter what his agent likes to think.

If these fachts are true, why weren't they made a little more public? Because reading them (combined with Ibe signing) has left me thoroughly at ease. In fact, I couldn't give a fuc handjob what Prince "it's not about the dough" Sterling does.  :wave

Agree with Mutton Geoff, it's not being wise after teh event but I think Ibe has the potential to be the better player.   :wave :wave
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:58:59 am by Johns_Barn »

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2015, 01:02:28 am »
Exactly. He's slated for not saving our season and everyone forgets hes only 20 years old.

NO. He's slated for demanding top drawer money but not putting in anywhere near equivalent performances.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2015, 01:25:19 am »
If Sterling was to leave, we are really lucky to have Ibe ready to fill the void.  Next season is going to be his breakthrough, I'm sure of it.