Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 823986 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #5040 on: November 21, 2015, 02:04:31 am »
I went to Carragher's pub in NYC to watch the CP game.  Terrible outcome for the match, but I was impressed with the atmosphere.  All bar seats were taken an hour before the whistle, so if you are going, get there early.  Only open since August, but they sunk a ton of money into the bar; it looks fantastic.

Also - there is no mistake that this is a 100% LFC bar.  All 20 TVs were on LFC/CP, despite Spurs/Arsenal playing at the same time.  Some Arsenal fan inquired about putting a tv on that game and the bartender basically told him to find an Arsenal bar for that!  lol

Highly recommended!

awesome!

but - I believe that means he is under cutting the 10th street bar - which has carried the banner for liverpool for ages. 

guess as you point out though now that numerous other bars are becoming Liverpool bars - a good thing 

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #5041 on: November 23, 2015, 07:09:30 pm »
Hearing that this coming summer tour includes games in San Fran and LA.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #5042 on: November 23, 2015, 09:19:09 pm »
This Is MLS @ThisIsMLS
Liverpool FC (#LFC) will play in Boston, Florida, San Francisco and Los Angeles next summer. #EPL #MLS

I imagine LA will be the LA Galaxy and Gerrard.

Boston and Florida will probably be another European side.

San Fran might be the San Jose Earthquake.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5043 on: November 23, 2015, 09:25:21 pm »
This Is MLS @ThisIsMLS
Liverpool FC (#LFC) will play in Boston, Florida, San Francisco and Los Angeles next summer. #EPL #MLS

I'm in Boston next June.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5044 on: November 23, 2015, 09:25:46 pm »
I'm in Boston next June.  ;D

You're a month early..:P

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5045 on: November 23, 2015, 09:29:34 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5046 on: November 23, 2015, 09:45:44 pm »
I went to Carragher's pub in NYC to watch the CP game.  Terrible outcome for the match, but I was impressed with the atmosphere.  All bar seats were taken an hour before the whistle, so if you are going, get there early.  Only open since August, but they sunk a ton of money into the bar; it looks fantastic.

Also - there is no mistake that this is a 100% LFC bar.  All 20 TVs were on LFC/CP, despite Spurs/Arsenal playing at the same time.  Some Arsenal fan inquired about putting a tv on that game and the bartender basically told him to find an Arsenal bar for that!  lol

Highly recommended!

If you liked Carra's, you'd love The Boot Room (same basic ownership, I think).

Plenty of folks about to fill 11th St and the one's above.

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Numquam Solum Ambulabis
« Reply #5047 on: November 23, 2015, 09:58:26 pm »
If you liked Carra's, you'd love The Boot Room (same basic ownership, I think).

Plenty of folks about to fill 11th St and the one's above.

Makes me so sad considering the situation here in Philadelphia. Our supporters club isn't even on the official site.

I'd love to work more with LFCPhilly to grow the club, make it more established, and get listed on the official site, but I would need a ton of help.
Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/connorpatrick   or @ConnorPatrick

The magic is in the melody.

Offline phillypool

• Main Stander
« Reply #5048 on: November 24, 2015, 10:24:11 pm »
Makes me so sad considering the situation here in Philadelphia. Our supporters club isn't even on the official site.

I'd love to work more with LFCPhilly to grow the club, make it more established, and get listed on the official site, but I would need a ton of help.
Sign me to your list

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5049 on: November 24, 2015, 11:25:03 pm »
Sign me to your list
+1 to that haha. We need to figure out SOMETHING because there's a fair amount of us and its a mess.

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5050 on: November 25, 2015, 01:07:28 am »
Sign me to your list

Unfortunately I don't even know where to begin.....
Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/connorpatrick   or @ConnorPatrick

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5051 on: November 25, 2015, 01:34:36 am »

According to this: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/lfc-official-supporters-clubs/north-america

There is no official Liverpool branch in Philly.

If someone wants to start an official Branch, i'd contact the various pubs where supporters meet, put up flyers that you want to start a branch and get 50-100 names and email addresses.

Some pubs might be resitant if they think you're going to pull supporters away to go somewhere else. But tell them an Official Branch can meet in multiple pubs.

You might also get some resitance from others who think they are a LFC group as they may think you're stepping on their organzation.

What they need to understand is there are benefits to becoming an Official branch. Tour news, tickets to Anfield, and other benefits.

But at the end of the day, someone will be the main man/woman liasion for the club to contact. The club has their rules for Branches as well.

If someone wants to take all this on, let me know via PM and i'll put you in touch with someone for the first step.

Offline Stout

• Main Stander
« Reply #5052 on: November 25, 2015, 01:20:46 pm »
We started the Richmond, VA chapter at the beginning of the season and the process seemed fairly easy.  All we needed was 15 Int'l Memberships to gain Red Support level status.  There is a Gold level status that requires 50+ Int'l members.  But as mentioned above, its good to stake out a home-pub for your viewing parties. 

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5053 on: November 25, 2015, 01:39:59 pm »
That's the main point: finding a pub. That's the problem they're having. They've somehow got to persuade a pub to open for the early kickoffs and prioritise Liverpool games.

Becoming an Official Supporters Club seems secondary at this stage. Although the kudos - and benefits, as 4pool says - may encourage stragglers to join the gang.

Maybe it's worth looking for a 'worse' pub that can provide those minimum requirements? A more desperate one, if you like!

Also, it would be good to make a clearer distinction between the two LFC Phillies. It's a nightmare at the moment.  It took me ages to decipher it for the guide thread.

The fella who runs the Facebook page has recently made clear that he's having trouble finding the time to keep up to date with it. So I'd get in touch with him if I were you.

Anyway, it's none of my business. I'm not even in the US. But I wish you all the best.

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5054 on: November 25, 2015, 02:09:43 pm »
Regarding the two LFC Phillies, it might be a good idea to change the name of the Philly-central group (and its Facebook and Twitter pages) to something completely different.

I know you're actually IN Philadelphia - as opposed to Horsham - but, if/when you get official OSC status, the club will undoubtedly call you "Liverpool Official Supporters Club Philadelphia". And by then you'll be up and running with a pub and a big enough group of people not to worry about any confusion with the Horsham group.

But you'll then also be in a stronger position to perhaps come to a friendly agreement with them (maybe with a bit of help from LFC) to change their name to something like "LFC Philly, Horsham".
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:11:32 pm by Callaghan. »

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #5055 on: November 25, 2015, 02:26:30 pm »
It seems we are on FS1 tomorrow at 3.00 PM Eastern

Happy Thanksgiving

I can just imagine barging past some of my now ex wifes relatives asking to turn off the NFL and put footie on

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5056 on: November 25, 2015, 05:04:04 pm »
It seems we are on FS1 tomorrow at 3.00 PM Eastern

Happy Thanksgiving

I can just imagine barging past some of my now ex wifes relatives asking to turn off the NFL and put footie on

:wellin
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5057 on: November 26, 2015, 03:31:13 am »
I live in LA, spending Thanksgiving at a friends house who has Time Warner Cable. Having no success finding the game tomorrow (Bordeaux) on the schedule. Anyone know if its showing or is it only directTV Fox Sports 1 and I'm shit out of luck...?

SO FRUSTRATING  :no :no :no

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5058 on: November 26, 2015, 03:36:58 am »
I live in LA, spending Thanksgiving at a friends house who has Time Warner Cable. Having no success finding the game tomorrow (Bordeaux) on the schedule. Anyone know if its showing or is it only directTV Fox Sports 1 and I'm shit out of luck...?

SO FRUSTRATING  :no :no :no

It's on Fox Sports 1, which is a widely available and subscribed CABLE TV channel, not just a satellite thing. If they don't have the channel, you can always log into your own DirectTV subscription on the FoxSportsGo www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo site, where you can watch it on a laptop or phone, and beam it to an Apple TV if you have an iPhone, or connect a laptop to a TV using an HDMI cable.

There's always a stream. :wave

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5059 on: November 26, 2015, 04:28:52 am »

It's on Fox Sports 1, which is a widely available and subscribed CABLE TV channel, not just a satellite thing. If they don't have the channel, you can always log into your own DirectTV subscription on the FoxSportsGo www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo site, where you can watch it on a laptop or phone, and beam it to an Apple TV if you have an iPhone, or connect a laptop to a TV using an HDMI cable.

There's always a stream. :wave

Cheers. I always use Russian sopcasts that are really laggy, I don't have regular TV. Just thought the one day I'll be over at a place that can afford regular cable I'd be able to watch it with no interruptions. No such luck. Oh well, Russian sopcast it is. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5060 on: November 26, 2015, 07:51:19 am »

Also, it would be good to make a clearer distinction between the two LFC Phillies. It's a nightmare at the moment.  It took me ages to decipher it for the guide thread.

This is what I'm talking about ...

LFC Philly: www.facebook.com/LFCPhiladelphia

LFC Philadelphia: www.facebook.com/LFC.Philly

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5061 on: November 26, 2015, 08:05:13 am »

Sign me to your list
+1 to that haha. We need to figure out SOMETHING because there's a fair amount of us and its a mess.

Klopp-A-Delphia, phillypool and iamrobk, can I just ask why you don't join in with the Jose Pistola's lot? Why does LFC Philly want to do their own thing - especially as it all seems so difficult? You've probably got your reasons; I'm just asking. :)

Jose Pistola's
263 S. 15th Street, Philadelphia
www.josepistolas.com

They were mentioned on the LFC Philly Facebook page. (Specifically in the comments under this post on 29 August.)

They've got this ...

on their website.

Their desciption thing on Twitter - @JosePistolas - says: "Awesome Mexican food. Sweet craft beers. Mezcal. Football. Liverpool FC. Winner of PhillyMag's Best Bar in Philly people's vote. Super duper sexy." !

Here are three Tweets from Sunday ...

It sounds, from the comments under this post on 29 August, like Joe Gunn and Sara Walker are the people to speak to at Jose Pistola's ... "Jose's is @ LFC bar. Check it out for United match. Sara Walker is always behind the bar taking care of us during matches. Joe Gunn owns the bar and is all about LFC."

---

And then there's Sto's Bar. Under this Facebook post is this comment (on 7th November): "Sto's Bar? It's round the corner from VF so we know where it is. I've been talking to the owner and he's interested in becoming the Liverpool HQ. They're starting to open early and want to push the Premier League. Oh and it has the biggest TV I've seen in my LIFE"

Sto's Bar
236 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pa 19106
www.stosbar.com
www.facebook.com/Stos-Bar-502629016467584
@StosBar
www.yelp.com/biz/stos-bar-and-restaurant-philadelphia
267-687-8653 
sto@stosbar.com
"LAID BACK, FUN & SLIGHTLY ODD"

« Last Edit: December 9, 2015, 07:56:35 pm by Callaghan. »

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5062 on: November 27, 2015, 07:22:50 pm »
I have been using this thread to find out if the next game is on tv or not in US for years. Just thought I'd for once drop in and say thank you for all the posters who keep this thread updated. It is thanksgiving weekend after all :)

Now for the real reason I am here, is the game against Swansea on TV? ;) ;)

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5063 on: November 27, 2015, 07:56:18 pm »
Klopp-A-Delphia, phillypool and iamrobk, can I just ask why you don't join in with the Jose Pistola's lot? Why does LFC Philly want to do their own thing - especially as it all seems so difficult? You've probably got your reasons; I'm just asking. :)

It sounds, from the comments under this post on 29 August, like Joe Gunn and Sara Walker are the people to speak to at Jose Pistola's ... "Jose's is @ LFC bar. Check it out for United match. Sara Walker is always behind the bar taking care of us during matches. Joe Gunn owns the bar and is all about LFC."

---

And then there's Sto's Bar. Under this Facebook post is this comment (on 7th November): "Sto's Bar? It's round the corner from VF so we know where it is. I've been talking to the owner and he's interested in becoming the Liverpool HQ. They're starting to open early and want to push the Premier League. Oh and it has the biggest TV I've seen in my LIFE"

Sto's Bar
236 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pa 19106
www.stosbar.com
www.facebook.com/Stos-Bar-502629016467584
@StosBar
www.yelp.com/biz/stos-bar-and-restaurant-philadelphia
267-687-8653 
sto@stosbar.com
"LAID BACK, FUN & SLIGHTLY ODD"

---

I don't want to go to a bar that "want to push the Premier League." I want to go to a bar that wants to "push" Liverpool. "Pushing" the Premier League is what caused the mess at the Victoria Freehouse in the first place; i.e. it's just a business and will happily cater to any and every fan. What's the big deal for pushing the Premier League anyway? You can get any pub anywhere to change the channel on the television!

I've tried Jose Pistolas and perhaps I will try it again soon, but when I was there last time (granted it was during a bad loss last season) the atmosphere was pretty terrible, casual fans not interested in Liverpool and there for the nachos. It just turned into another "Nevada Smith's" type place, a place for a bunch of American soccer nerds to hang out and talk about why they picked Swansea to be the club they watch, or casual Chelsea fans to harp on about how cool Roman Abramovich is. There's a time and place for that kind of atmosphere, but not when I want to watch Liverpool with fellow Liverpool fans.

And Jose Pistola's can say all it wants that it's a "Liverpool bar" but they only had a little sign in the window saying so, no other attachments. At least the Victoria Freehouse had a rather large Liverpool flag hanging up and made an initial attempt to woo the guy who runs the Facebook page.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5064 on: November 27, 2015, 09:00:42 pm »
I have been using this thread to find out if the next game is on tv or not in US for years. Just thought I'd for once drop in and say thank you for all the posters who keep this thread updated. It is thanksgiving weekend after all :)

Now for the real reason I am here, is the game against Swansea on TV? ;) ;)

At least let me finish my Black Friday shopping.. :P

Sunday Nov. 29th
Liverpool v Swansea City
11:15 am Eastern kickoff
NBCSN & Telemundo

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5065 on: November 27, 2015, 10:47:56 pm »
At least let me finish my Black Friday shopping.. :P

Sunday Nov. 29th
Liverpool v Swansea City
11:15 am Eastern kickoff
NBCSN & Telemundo

Thanks!! 👍

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5066 on: November 29, 2015, 11:21:41 pm »
Wednesday Dec 2nd
Southampton v Liverpool
2:45 pm Eastern
BeIn Sport

Offline bigjinks

• Main Stander
  • Just a Red trying to make his way in the world.
« Reply #5067 on: November 30, 2015, 02:02:13 pm »
Regarding the two LFC Phillies, it might be a good idea to change the name of the Philly-central group (and its Facebook and Twitter pages) to something completely different.

I know you're actually IN Philadelphia - as opposed to Horsham - but, if/when you get official OSC status, the club will undoubtedly call you "Liverpool Official Supporters Club Philadelphia". And by then you'll be up and running with a pub and a big enough group of people not to worry about any confusion with the Horsham group.

But you'll then also be in a stronger position to perhaps come to a friendly agreement with them (maybe with a bit of help from LFC) to change their name to something like "LFC Philly, Horsham".

Alright Mate, I'm the one that runs the FB page for the Philly central group. The place we meet, and we've had a few issues but we seem to have resolved them, is the Victoria Freehouse at front and market. They open early for us. The main problem has been getting a consistent turnout and the games that are internet only (now resolved). For the 7 am city game last season I was the only one who showed up.

We are friendly with the guys at the abbey. Big Chris who runs that group is an old mate of mine I used to watch games with at Fado between 04 and 09 -after that the majority of us moved out to the suburbs and had kids.

The reason I haven't proposed OSG status yet, is because i've just got done after 5-6 years of involvement with a 501c3 MLS supporters group, and I just don't want to dive right back into it. If someone wants to take the lead on that, I'm all for it, just drop me a message.

Cheers
JFT96

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5068 on: November 30, 2015, 02:49:46 pm »
Alright Mate, I'm the one that runs the FB page for the Philly central group. The place we meet, and we've had a few issues but we seem to have resolved them, is the Victoria Freehouse at front and market. They open early for us. The main problem has been getting a consistent turnout and the games that are internet only (now resolved). For the 7 am city game last season I was the only one who showed up.

We are friendly with the guys at the abbey. Big Chris who runs that group is an old mate of mine I used to watch games with at Fado between 04 and 09 -after that the majority of us moved out to the suburbs and had kids.

The reason I haven't proposed OSG status yet, is because i've just got done after 5-6 years of involvement with a 501c3 MLS supporters group, and I just don't want to dive right back into it. If someone wants to take the lead on that, I'm all for it, just drop me a message.

Cheers

I think is the biggest issue with any pub.

People don't realize the bar staff and cooks rely on tips. And they don't want to come early after working late if very few show up for the early morning kickoffs.

So there needs to be a commitment from the group to be there for as many matches as they can and not just show up for the bigger matches. Or risk losing the ability to watch early morning kickoffs at the pub.

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5069 on: November 30, 2015, 04:16:21 pm »
Who were the awful commentators fox gave us last Thursday?

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5070 on: November 30, 2015, 04:50:08 pm »
Keith Costigan and Alexi Lalas I believe?

Go easy on Keith, he's a Red.  Works for the Devil (Rupert Murdoch) but, still......
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5071 on: November 30, 2015, 09:56:59 pm »
Keith Costigan and Alexi Lalas I believe?

Go easy on Keith, he's a Red.  Works for the Devil (Rupert Murdoch) but, still......
Actually it was Costigan and Thomas Hitzlsperger. Hitzy was making little sense and I had to rewind to check the commentators cuz I was baffled. And his accent was confusing the hell out of me on top of it.

Offline Callaghan.

• Legacy Fan
LFC Philly
« Reply #5072 on: December 1, 2015, 07:19:52 am »

Cheers

Thanks for the clarification and update. I've seen your very recent Facebook post and it looks like it could all really start to come together. Good on you and I wish you all the best.

As ever, 4pool speaks wise words too.
I think is the biggest issue with any pub.

People don't realize the bar staff and cooks rely on tips. And they don't want to come early after working late if very few show up for the early morning kickoffs.

So there needs to be a commitment from the group to be there for as many matches as they can and not just show up for the bigger matches. Or risk losing the ability to watch early morning kickoffs at the pub.

I'm sure Klopp-A-Delphia, phillypool and iamrobk - and the others posting on www.facebook.com/LFCPhiladelphia - will help bigjinks and each other by turning up at the Victoria Freehouse for as many games as they can!  :wave

Offline bigjinks

• Main Stander
« Reply #5073 on: December 1, 2015, 02:08:50 pm »
According to this: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/lfc-official-supporters-clubs/north-america

There is no official Liverpool branch in Philly.

If someone wants to start an official Branch, i'd contact the various pubs where supporters meet, put up flyers that you want to start a branch and get 50-100 names and email addresses.

Some pubs might be resitant if they think you're going to pull supporters away to go somewhere else. But tell them an Official Branch can meet in multiple pubs.

You might also get some resitance from others who think they are a LFC group as they may think you're stepping on their organzation.

What they need to understand is there are benefits to becoming an Official branch. Tour news, tickets to Anfield, and other benefits.

But at the end of the day, someone will be the main man/woman liasion for the club to contact. The club has their rules for Branches as well.

If someone wants to take all this on, let me know via PM and i'll put you in touch with someone for the first step.

Thanks for the info. I am going to meet with the guy who runs Horsham (LFC Philadelphia) next week - like I said he's a mate of mine - and we'll thrash out some kind of plan to move forward and we'll approach Pistolas too. No reason we can't have 3 bars. One outside the city, one in old city and one in center city. Kinda makes sense, and if we do become official all 3 fb pages can be updated accordingly depending on where people want to go. For some reason I can't get the PM to work, and chance you can PM me those details? would gratefully appreciate it. Thanks
JFT96

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5074 on: December 1, 2015, 02:53:03 pm »
Thanks for the info. I am going to meet with the guy who runs Horsham (LFC Philadelphia) next week - like I said he's a mate of mine - and we'll thrash out some kind of plan to move forward and we'll approach Pistolas too. No reason we can't have 3 bars. One outside the city, one in old city and one in center city. Kinda makes sense, and if we do become official all 3 fb pages can be updated accordingly depending on where people want to go. For some reason I can't get the PM to work, and chance you can PM me those details? would gratefully appreciate it. Thanks

check your PM.

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5075 on: December 1, 2015, 06:16:10 pm »

Thanks for the clarification and update. I've seen your very recent Facebook post and it looks like it could all really start to come together. Good on you and I wish you all the best.

As ever, 4pool speaks wise words too.
I'm sure Klopp-A-Delphia, phillypool and iamrobk - and the others posting on www.facebook.com/LFCPhiladelphia - will help bigjinks and each other by turning up at the Victoria Freehouse for as many games as they can!  :wave

I'd rather not go if there's going to be 3 bars. There aren't enough fans in the city for 3 bars. All the great supporters clubs-Boston, New York, Washington-have ONE official bar. The fact that there are so many bars is the entire problem!

Offline bigjinks

• Main Stander
« Reply #5076 on: December 1, 2015, 06:31:25 pm »
I'd rather not go if there's going to be 3 bars. There aren't enough fans in the city for 3 bars. All the great supporters clubs-Boston, New York, Washington-have ONE official bar. The fact that there are so many bars is the entire problem!

There are only TWO bars used in Philly. The freehouse where we meet and Pistolas is doing it's own thing, they're nothing to do with us. We were an offshoot from the Horsham group because it's 45 minutes away and that doesn't suit everyone. NYC has several bars, does it not? 11th street is the central one and I believe there's another one right nearby, I'm sure some folk go the ones in Brooklyn or the other locations because they may prefer it, or it may be local to them. This is just a similar idea. Right now I'm trying to get some details so I can talk to the other groups about consolidation but ultimately I can't force anyone to do anything they don't want to. And it may be that we go it alone, but I at least need to try and talk to them first. We can continue this discussion offline if you want to.
JFT96

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5077 on: December 1, 2015, 06:55:32 pm »
There are only TWO bars used in Philly. The freehouse where we meet and Pistolas is doing it's own thing, they're nothing to do with us. We were an offshoot from the Horsham group because it's 45 minutes away and that doesn't suit everyone. NYC has several bars, does it not? 11th street is the central one and I believe there's another one right nearby, I'm sure some folk go the ones in Brooklyn or the other locations because they may prefer it, or it may be local to them. This is just a similar idea. Right now I'm trying to get some details so I can talk to the other groups about consolidation but ultimately I can't force anyone to do anything they don't want to. And it may be that we go it alone, but I at least need to try and talk to them first. We can continue this discussion offline if you want to.

New York is a city of 8 million people, an absolute world class super-city, so you can't really compare NY and Philadelphia there. And NY has tons of Liverpool fans, but even in that case ultimately there is only one official bar that everyone knows where to go to. Anyone can go online or go on the official site and look up "LFCNY Official" and see the 11th Street Bar and go there and have a good time. Everyone who's ever been there knows that it is THE place to be for a good atmosphere watching the Reds in NYC, especially if you're visiting from the UK or from out of town. No confusion, even if someone eventually wants to do their own thing, be more local, or gets lured to another bar/group. Philadelphia is just too small to compare it to and they don't do that kind of thing in Boston or DC.

We should create our own group modeled after LFC Boston or LFCDC; our own group, with our own bar, and our own atmosphere, and just forget about the rest, forget about what we can't control. We create the kind of group and atmosphere that makes our bar THE place to watch the match and where everyone is simply compelled to join us if they want to have a good time. That will never happen if everyone just continues to do their own thing, or if nobody cares where everyone goes.

And whatever bar we do pick has to see itself as a Liverpool bar as well, not just a "Premier League" bar. I simply do not enjoy going to the Victoria Freehouse to have some knucklehead, who's decided to support Swansea or Newcastle or Leicester for the day because he thinks they're cool, standing behind me during the match giving me and the team shit the entire time while everyone just stands there in silence. It's just not fun.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5078 on: December 1, 2015, 10:33:27 pm »
In Dallas, the Branch pub ( for now) is the Londoner in Addison. But due to travel distances, the Londoner in Colleyville  ( mid cities nearer Ft. Worth) also get 20 or so for match days. There's a couple other pubs where limited numbers of supporters show up.

For big matches then we have a couple lads who drive 30-40 miles to come watch. They don't want to do that drive every week.

Opening day, we have a Branch get together. Usually near 100 will show. Everyone knows to come register for the new season.

You can't be all things to all people. So people will watch where it is convenient to them if distances are involved.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5079 on: December 3, 2015, 12:22:18 pm »
Sunday Dec 6th
Newcastle v Liverpool
11:00 am Eastern
NBCSN