Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 140475 times)

Offline Hal9000

• Feels much better now, he really does!
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2010, 06:02:47 am »
That Utrecht press conference was a shocker. He had to keep asking the guy at the side of him (?) who we had played, if Torres had played, the outcome of the Napoli match, who was below us in the table....... doesn't he know these things automatically?

I can't believe he can come out with that immediately on the heels of a self-righteous diatribe about how he's sick ofquestions about whether his job's safe. Some connection there surely.

...... other incorrect comment deleted
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:16:49 am by Hal9000 »

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2010, 06:13:34 am »
I retract this if I'm mistaken but did I hear in the Fulham presser (I think it was) he was hailing his own record, and said "Without doubt my best year of all was 1976..." 

1976? 

1976?

Post WW2.
 8)

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #282 on: December 21, 2010, 07:44:58 am »
Totally unaware Benitez banned Dalglish from Melwood.

Pathetic.
That's because he never.

Rafa reacted to that LIE in his "Priest in a mountain of sugar" speech, saying Purslow gave Kenny the new role. Rafa was the one that brought Kenny back to the club remember.

That twat Purslow had obviously fed Hodgson lies, and Hodgson then sort of apologised a few days later when he realised he had been wrong.

Rafa offered to speak to him about everything that had gone on if he wanted.

The actions of Christian Purslow over the past 12 months have set this club back ten years. That cock banner should be out every game. I hate that twat more than I hate Hodgson, and that's saying something.

Fuck off Purslow. Fuck off Hodgson.
A Son of Shankly

Offline bretc

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool Forever!
« Reply #283 on: December 21, 2010, 07:48:05 am »
Roy Hodgson reminds me of that David Brent character in the BBC mini series - The Office. Talks a lot, arrogant, self-centered, show-off and worst of all, someone who knows nothing about his job. Man, I really hate Roy Hodgson! Just go FFS!!! :no :no :no :no :no :no

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: December 21, 2010, 07:48:20 am »
Great post BHB.  As for the three year thing, Hodgson HAS actually started on about that as well.  I read about him mentioning how Redknapp has had 3 years at Spurs and how he has turned the club around in that time so year, from 10 games to 50 games to 3 seasons.  It has already happened. 

“I think I would be a good comparison with Tottenham because Harry [Redknapp] came in there just as I came into Fulham so he will just be completing three years and he has brought in a lot of players. So to really call it my team, I would have had to make a slightly bigger impact on those who have been brought in.
“I am more than happy to take responsibility for this squad but it takes a coach more than five or six months to make his stamp on a club. I am hoping we will do some good business in transfer windows to come and then I will be able say, ‘If you don’t like it then I have no one to blame but myself’.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8212773/Liverpool-manager-Roy-Hodgson-says-he-needs-to-bring-in-his-own-players-like-Harry-Redknapp-at-Tottenham.html
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2010, 07:51:56 am »
Thing is if the idea is to give Roy time and back bring a few players in, in January, then we could improve but we'll never be fantastic under Roy because of his negativity, on and off the field. He'll still be able to speak as Liverpool manager and ramble on with his contradictions.
@paulair

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #286 on: December 21, 2010, 08:09:40 am »
The thought that Roy will be here longer than January is sickening.
More mediocre ambition, more team set ups indicating he's happy
with a draw, the only time he seems confident is in himself.

Our football team may be a bit rough right now, but if we have a motivational manager,
who could bring in  a couple of players in key positions,we might with bits of luck
along the way creep into the top 5, maybe pinch a place higher.

Mr Media-ocre, please leave.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2010, 08:19:01 am »
Great post BHB.  As for the three year thing, Hodgson HAS actually started on about that as well.  I read about him mentioning how Redknapp has had 3 years at Spurs and how he has turned the club around in that time so year, from 10 games to 50 games to 3 seasons.  It has already happened. 

I just hope that the owners don't actually buy into it, as the media surely will.

Offline 'justice'

• .....for the Westbury One.....and a woolly perm, a lacoste polo and a sovereign too, if it's not too much trouble, ta!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #288 on: December 21, 2010, 08:34:35 am »
When that player comes in and you work with them for two months, you realise that the name is great and it rings big bells but, in actual fact, he is no better than the player you let go. He [is] maybe even worse

Like Koncheskey for Insua you mean Roy?

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: December 21, 2010, 08:51:12 am »
From the mirror

December 21, 2010

"I would plead for patience really," said the Liverpool boss. "Of course we want Liverpool to be the Liverpool of old. We want to be up there every year competing in the Champions League.

"But we might have to accept that it will take us more than a few months. That would be a small price to pay if you get it right. You only have to look at teams who have tried to stay in the league or get into the top four.

"Clubs have virtually been destroyed by people making bad decisions. It's not because the owners haven't given money or supported the manager. It's just that they have brought in the wrong people

Just fuck off roy

"liverpool of old"?

We were competing in the CL every year up until a year or so ago. Our 6 year record under benitez is better than arsenal under wenger.

Again I'm hearing someone talk about our club as if we're newcastle, villa or everton. And unbelievably , this time it ain't andy effin gray or pat nevin, it is our own manager.... sweet jessssus :no

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2010, 09:06:19 am »
Our 6 year record under benitez is better than arsenal under wenger.

Where have you gotten that out of? It's close, but Wenger is ahead.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #291 on: December 21, 2010, 09:08:26 am »
1 european cup earns the bragging rights.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: December 21, 2010, 09:11:44 am »

It is fairly clear imo

We've won more stuff, finished closer to winning the league and also aheadf of them 3 times

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 21, 2010, 09:12:04 am »
1 european cup earns the bragging rights.

Ah bollocks my mistake, thought he meant in the league. Carry on lol.

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
« Reply #294 on: December 21, 2010, 09:44:15 am »
Paragon, heres a thought, if you were ill (god forbid) and you went to the doctors and he wasn,t qualified but "he was doing his best" wouldn,t fill you with confidence would it, or are you fishing ?

Rwoys best is no where near good enough.
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 21, 2010, 09:48:31 am »
Like Koncheskey for Insua you mean Roy?

You have to admit, Konchesky is a great name, Insua isn't. Insua only has 5 letters, whereas Konchesky has 9. Poulsen is a 3 letter downgrade from Mascherano, but Meireles and Aquilani are the same. This explains why he's eager to get rid of Agger, Ngog and Lucas.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #296 on: December 21, 2010, 09:52:00 am »
Roll on the summer when hopefully we bin this loser. I'm dread it everytime he opens his mouth, he either contradicts himself or paints the club and the playing squad in a very poor light.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: December 21, 2010, 09:53:10 am »
You have to admit, Konchesky is a great name, Insua isn't. Insua only has 5 letters, whereas Konchesky has 9. Poulsen is a 3 letter downgrade from Mascherano, but Meireles and Aquilani are the same. This explains why he's eager to get rid of Agger, Ngog and Lucas.

Scwamble  ;D

Offline 'justice'

• .....for the Westbury One.....and a woolly perm, a lacoste polo and a sovereign too, if it's not too much trouble, ta!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #298 on: December 21, 2010, 09:53:25 am »

;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #299 on: December 21, 2010, 09:59:57 am »
I can honestly say now that if Hodgson is still manager of Liverpool FC come the new season (As is looking increasingly likely) then I'll be saving a lot of money. Be interesting to see how many people are going to the games after Christmas/New Year. I predict that we'll start getting the lowest attendances we've seen. Having spoken to Season Ticket mates that can't even be arsed going on their season tickets, I think it might start to get embarrasing. The last straw for some was I think when Hodgson was crowing about 'attracting 40,000' to the UEFA Cup game and then producing THAT. It was an insult to everyone. And he didn't even mention that 8,500 of those tickets were given away to kids - no doubt most of whom will probably plump for Everton now.

Really not sure what game NESV are playing, but unless they are careful, they are going to get a hell of a lot of returns on Season Tickets and despite those saying they would jump at one - £750-£800 is a lot of money to shell out - especially if you're paying to watch a Hodge-Podge of a side every week.

Getting beyond disgusted that this idiot is still at the club. What, realistically will it take to get rid of him? Can barely stand even seeing us play at the moment - the players must be sick to the back teeth of him and the fans pretty much have all had enough.

What are NESV playing at? It's a dangerous game and one they're going to lose unless they sort it out sooner rather than later.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Festy

• Kopite
  • Best RAWK poster of the year 2010-11
« Reply #300 on: December 21, 2010, 10:08:02 am »
Roy Hodgson on 30th April 2011: "We are too good to go down. We'll get out of relegation zone soon."

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #301 on: December 21, 2010, 10:11:07 am »
What I can't stand, and it permeates through the quotes, is a constant sense that mediocrity is acceptable.

Not wanting to divert this thread, but Rafa didn't accept that he could not do anything in his first season; he pushed the players and we ended up with the CL.

If you convince everyone you're not good enough, everyone believes it.  Shanks made the players feel invincible, Roy's quotes make us sound vulnerable.

We could do with a manager who does not talk the opposition up before games.
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: December 21, 2010, 10:19:06 am »
I can honestly say now that if Hodgson is still manager of Liverpool FC come the new season (As is looking increasingly likely) then I'll be saving a lot of money. Be interesting to see how many people are going to the games after Christmas/New Year. I predict that we'll start getting the lowest attendances we've seen. Having spoken to Season Ticket mates that can't even be arsed going on their season tickets, I think it might start to get embarrasing. The last straw for some was I think when Hodgson was crowing about 'attracting 40,000' to the UEFA Cup game and then producing THAT. It was an insult to everyone. And he didn't even mention that 8,500 of those tickets were given away to kids - no doubt most of whom will probably plump for Everton now.

Really not sure what game NESV are playing, but unless they are careful, they are going to get a hell of a lot of returns on Season Tickets and despite those saying they would jump at one - £750-£800 is a lot of money to shell out - especially if you're paying to watch a Hodge-Podge of a side every week.

Getting beyond disgusted that this idiot is still at the club. What, realistically will it take to get rid of him? Can barely stand even seeing us play at the moment - the players must be sick to the back teeth of him and the fans pretty much have all had enough.

What are NESV playing at? It's a dangerous game and one they're going to lose unless they sort it out sooner rather than later.

yup - to be honest i really dont give that much of a shit about our results nowadays and at quite a few games this year i've thought of going with 20 mins left because i really cannot be arsed with the shite displayed, even when we've been winning games. utter shite from hodgson, and seeing as most weekend games havent sold out this season i can see that trend continuing the longer hodgson stays

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #303 on: December 21, 2010, 10:22:41 am »
"Clubs have virtually been destroyed by people making bad decisions."

You're not fucking wrong, Roy. There was one in particular in the summer which you might remember.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline pistolpete

• Kopite
« Reply #304 on: December 21, 2010, 10:28:17 am »
"Clubs have virtually been destroyed by people making bad decisions."

You're not fucking wrong, Roy. There was one in particular in the summer which you might remember.

I'd be surprised if he remembers what he had for breakfast.
siempre es possible

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 21, 2010, 10:34:18 am »
More waffle and more evidence he either thinks we don't know anything or he can lie repeatedly

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: December 21, 2010, 10:55:22 am »
From the mirror

December 21, 2010

"I would plead for patience really," said the Liverpool boss."
What for? You said this a few days ago

"I can’t do more than I am doing. I can’t work any harder and I can’t work any better"

-------------------------------

You only have to look at teams who have tried to stay in the league...
?

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #307 on: December 21, 2010, 10:58:10 am »
From the mirror

December 21, 2010

"I would plead for patience really," said the Liverpool boss.

What a miserable pleader.
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2010, 11:01:49 am »
What I can't stand, and it permeates through the quotes, is a constant sense that mediocrity is acceptable.

Not wanting to divert this thread, but Rafa didn't accept that he could not do anything in his first season; he pushed the players and we ended up with the CL.

If you convince everyone you're not good enough, everyone believes it.  Shanks made the players feel invincible, Roy's quotes make us sound vulnerable.

We could do with a manager who does not talk the opposition up before games.

And people still use the guaranteeing fourth quote as a stick to beat Benitez with. I'd rather the manager aimed high and failed to achieve it, than aim low.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: December 21, 2010, 11:06:58 am »
Hodgson: Liverpool now looking more like my team

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is keen to add to his squad in January.

Hodgson admits his team is feeling more like his own.

"It is starting to feel more like my side," said Hodgson.

"But it is still a team that I have not put together. I want to make that clear. I took the team over and I have not made that many changes. I brought in [Paul] Konchesky to play left back, Raul Meireles to replace [Javier] Mascherano and Joe Cole came in at the same time as me as well as Christian Poulsen. The other players I have inherited.

"I think I would be a good comparison with Tottenham because Harry [Redknapp] came in there just as I came into Fulham so he will just be completing three years and he has brought in a lot of players. So to really call it my team, I would have had to make a slightly bigger impact on those who have been brought in.

"I am more than happy to take responsibility for this squad but it takes a coach more than five or six months to make his stamp on a club. I am hoping we will do some good business in the transfer windows to come and then I will be able say, 'If you don't like it then I have no one to blame but myself'."

http://www.madeupnonsense.com/articles/hodgson-liverpool-now-looking-more-my-team-1334151

You're right Roy, we're now looking like an average midtable team.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2010, 11:09:22 am »

Would strongly advise against that bud, worst mistake the Mancs ever made if you ask me. Them 3 or 4 thousand that they lost to FC needed to be in the ground making there feelings known. Would rather have a few thousand in the ground that are prepared to make there feelings known than have a bunch of photo snappers sitting back & watching us slip in to mediocraty.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2010, 11:18:17 am »
And people still use the guaranteeing fourth quote as a stick to beat Benitez with. I'd rather the manager aimed high and failed to achieve it, than aim low.

Posted this in another thread before, but will post it again because it sums up Hodgson for me:

"There is no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that lost by not trying.” -
   Sir Francis Bacon.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2010, 11:18:47 am »
I do feel sorry for him, having to inherit Gerrard, Torres and Reina. I wouldn't wish that on any manager. Clearly we need more Koncheskys and Poulsens to help us step up.

FOR.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 21, 2010, 11:19:04 am »
Considering the amount Roy whinges about it not being his team, I'm wondering why he took the job on in the first place?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: December 21, 2010, 11:26:49 am »
Posted this in another thread before, but will post it again because it sums up Hodgson for me:

"There is no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that lost by not trying.” -
   Sir Francis Bacon.

that is an excellent quote

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: December 21, 2010, 11:39:11 am »
"Clubs have virtually been destroyed by people making bad decisions. It's not because the owners haven't given money or supported the manager. It's just that they have brought in the wrong people."

absolutely pissed my pants reading this. he is a walking, talking, face rubbing bad decision- but he genuinely believes he is that damn good. freak.

"I am hoping we will do some good business in the transfer windows to come and then I will be able say, If you don't like it then I have no one to blame but myself."

- we dont want someone to blame you self centered fucking sloth. this isnt about you. this is about Liverpool Football Club. We dont want to give you a chance for you to fail, and then say "i told you so" we just want you to fuck off before the damage is irrepairable. nowhere you have been has ever benefitted from your presence, i wish he'd get the hint and just give up!

and no, we dont want to give you 200m like spurs did with harry- if we had 200m we'd have given it to the world class manager we just had- not fucking you!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 11:46:54 am by SkinHimHesShite »

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #316 on: December 21, 2010, 11:48:51 am »
What's his fckin infatuation with Redknapp!? I can see him referring to Redknapp as "the great man, Redknapp" in a few months time. Sniveling oaf.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 21, 2010, 11:53:45 am »
What's his fckin infatuation with Redknapp!? I can see him referring to Redknapp as "the great man, Redknapp" in a few months time. Sniveling oaf.

The LMA is a little boy's club.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline petrichor

• Kopite
« Reply #318 on: December 21, 2010, 11:59:18 am »
the man is quite cunning, using his 35 years of survival instinct to try and stay in the job

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 21, 2010, 12:10:48 pm »
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2010/12/21/2270695/it-will-take-more-than-a-few-months-for-liverpool-to-return?

I cant believe what i have just read. We are a top 2 team. Forget what he thinks. 2 or 3 additions and we are top fucken 2. Best keeper, midfielder and striker in the world. We dont need seasons to get back into the top 4. We should do it this season. This guys negative and defensive comments are getting worse by the day. FFS. If he doesnt go by at least the end of this season we are in for tough times ahead. PLEASE LEAVE NOW

The premise of that is something like:

I don't need new players because I think the players I have might be o.k,but they might not so I might want some players,but if the owners tell me I can't have any money then I'll agree that we should work with the players we have as that's what I was brought in to do,but if they say I can have money I'll snap their hand off because I think we need more players because the ones we have are not good enough.

However if I get rid of players (like I already have) then the ones I buy might not be any good, even though I will have a team of scouts looking at them for the past 6 months and the DoF will have also run the rule over them. I mean it's fine saying buy Messi because he's a big name, but when he's here he might not be able to play at the back and that will seem like he isn't a good player, which if he doesn't do what I want him to do he obviously won't be.......so it's a gamble.

Saying that I could do with some more players who will be guaranteed to be as good as I think they are and who will be able to tell me where they play in the team before I buy them. It's important that we have money to spend to get us back to where we were, just like the Liverpool of old, when legends like Traore, Biscan, Le Tallec and Diomede were here. We need to be in Champins League finals and challenging for the league like we were many, many , many years ago as we haven't done that since I was a player myself and based my whole coaching philosophy on Bob Paisleys Liverpool teams. I have a photo of Bob in a box somewhere.....so that shows I am a real student of the pass and move philosophy.
We just need the right players to play that way. I need new players........or maybe I don't. I could do with some though.......well maybe not. It depends on if the owners tell me I do.

I might ring 'Arry and see what he says.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org